PDA

View Full Version : How many more albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

Pages : [1] 2

Alex101
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
When I was watching the Bad Religion live DVD called Live at the Palladium, one of the band members (I think Brooks Wackerman) said that he was hoping to do ten more albums with them. This inspired me to want one of my favorite bands, including The Offspring, to do about 5 or 10 more albums.

So the question is, how many albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

T_immortal
12-03-2008, 06:50 PM
As many as they can make until they get tired of course :D, but if they record albums at their current rate we'll probably get 2-3 by 2020 :(

Alex101
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
2009: The Offspring go on a tour to support RAFRAG properly.
2009-2010: The Offspring spend some time writing their next album and plan to return to the studio later on to record album number 9.
2010 or 2011: Album number 9 arrives and The Offspring go on tour.
2011-2012: The Offspring plan album number 10.
2012 or 2013: Album number 10 arrives and The Offspring go on tour.
2014: The 30th anniversary of The Offspring and the 25th anniversary of their first album.
After 2014: The Offspring continue touring and making albums until they decide to retire.

That's my prediction of The Offspring's future.

randman21
12-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Obviously, I want albums until they can't do it anymore, but I expect two more from them.

Llamas
12-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I predict one or two more albums, not including some sort of live or b-sides record (both of which I'd like them to release).

T_immortal
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I just hope their next record blows us all away :D. When we were all hearing live versions and rips of the first few tracks, I thought this album would be the best thing I've heard in my life. Although it was still a very good album - in my top 3 for sure - it turned out to be really top heavy. I can feel it, their next one will be a multi platinum absolutely, regardless of whether or not RAFRAG achieves that status :)

cool 2 hate 681
12-03-2008, 07:53 PM
one more unless they want to re sign with columbia records

jacknife737
12-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Probably at least two more studios and a b-sides.

They'll probably get the next one out relatively quickly. Take a bit of a break, maybe then a b-sides. And after that another full length*, and after that, who knows.

*I'm not sure which label this will be one though; perhaps a return to an indie for a last hurrah? Whatever the case or timeline, i'm not going to dwell on what is to come, but rather the present. The band is still supporting RAFRAG, and i can't wait to see the new stuff live.

_Lost_
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
i agree in thinking 2 more. that seems right. 10 albums... thats a good round number.

IamSam
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM

They'll probably get the next one out relatively quickly. Take a bit of a break, maybe then a b-sides. And after that another full length*, and after that, who knows.

*I'm not sure which label this will be one though; perhaps a return to an indie for a last hurrah? Whatever the case or timeline, i'm not going to dwell on what is to come, but rather the present. The band is still supporting RAFRAG, and i can't wait to see the new stuff live.

I'm a firm believer in this. I agree that they will do their last one with Columbia quick like due to all the material left over from RAFRAG, then sign with an independent and make one more, tour for that and then who knows. I don't know when they would release a b-sides...I hope they do...they know their fans really want one...specifically Pass Me By.

Iwishitallaway
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I agree, I would say one or two more. I kinda feel like they may be getting to the point where they want to be with their families and live a low key life...you can't blame them. As much as we all know they love their fans and love making music...there does come a point...

randman21
12-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Does no one think they're going to end up releasing under Nitro when they're done with Columbia? I do.

jacknife737
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Does no one think they're going to end up releasing under Nitro when they're done with Columbia? I do.

That's an interesting question. I'd say that's most likely the case; however, i wouldn't be surprised if they signed to one of the larger, punk "indie" labels, such as Side One Dummy, or even Fat Wreck; not Epitaph for obvious reasons.

Iwishitallaway
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I think that would be cool and fitting!

Omni
12-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I just hope their next record blows us all away :D. When we were all hearing live versions and rips of the first few tracks, I thought this album would be the best thing I've heard in my life. Although it was still a very good album - in my top 3 for sure - it turned out to be really top heavy. I can feel it, their next one will be a multi platinum absolutely, regardless of whether or not RAFRAG achieves that status :)

This one probably won't even reach Gold status, sadly. I think the days of multi-platinum are almost done with, unless they start keeping better track of digital sales. People just don't buy cds anymore.

IamSam
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM

I doubt it. I don't think it's big enough.

bighead384
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
If they only did one more, I would be fine with it. Two more would be nice.

Llamas
12-03-2008, 09:50 PM
That's an interesting question. I'd say that's most likely the case; however, i wouldn't be surprised if they signed to one of the larger, punk "indie" labels, such as Side One Dummy, or even Fat Wreck; not Epitaph for obvious reasons.

They're not really a "punk" band anymore, though... I can't see them signing to one of those kinds of labels.

Cock Joke
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
We need them to start singing about 40-something-year-olds getting caught by the cops for committing juvenile crimes! Now THAT would be punk to a whole new level!!!

cool 2 hate 681
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
what abot re signing with columbia?? nitro is dead and i think they are too big for a indie now even epitaph

the best scenario i can think of is if they can pull a ixnay/americana and put out a album in nov/dec 2009 then columbia offers dexter a small record deal (lets say 3 albums) and he accepts

but i doubt that will happen:(

jacknife737
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
They're not really a "punk" band anymore, though... I can't see them signing to one of those kinds of labels.

They still get associated with that those types of bands though; all of this is just speculation anyways. I still think, if they did return to an indie, and Dexter didn't want to use Nitro, they'd sign to one of those two record labels. Side One especially seems to deal with ex-major bands.

T_immortal
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Thing is though, would we rather see them go out with a bang? Or spend the remainder of their days on a small label where they would eventually just fade away? The thought of that happening to them makes me a little sad :(.

Llamas
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
We need them to start singing about 40-something-year-olds getting caught by the cops for committing juvenile crimes! Now THAT would be punk to a whole new level!!!
I almost made fun of this post to a large extent... then I realized who the author was. :P

what abot re signing with columbia?? nitro is dead and i think they are too big for a indie now even epitaph
Yeah, I highly doubt they're going to be offered a new contract...

They still get associated with that those types of bands though; all of this is just speculation anyways. I still think, if they did return to an indie, and Dexter didn't want to use Nitro, they'd sign to one of those two record labels. Side One especially seems to deal with ex-major bands.
They're only associated as such by hardcore fans aka people who post here. I don't know about Side One... what band are you referring to? Cause all the bands I know on that label weren't ever big like the Offspring.

Thing is though, would we rather see them go out with a bang? Or spend the remainder of their days on a small label where they would eventually just fade away? The thought of that happening to them makes me a little sad :(.
Hate to say it, but they've already lost their chance to go out with a bang. If they wanted it, they should've quit after Americana. They're already faded out, and I'm fine with that. I still like their music, whether it's famous or not.

jacknife737
12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
They're only associated as such by hardcore fans aka people who post here. I don't know about Side One... what band are you referring to? Cause all the bands I know on that label weren't ever big like the Offspring.

Really? Most people I know, even non-fans (especially, non-fans) of the band, always seem to throw them in with the Fat-Wreck esq pop-punk bands, it's just an obesrvation that i've encountered.

Side One has garnered a reputation of being "a retirement home" of punk bands that have left major labels (Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Goldfigner, MXPX, ect). They're also becoming one of the biggest punk labels on the scene thanks to bands like Gaslight Anthem, Gogol Bordello, Big D, Bedouin Soundclash, Flogging Molly, ect. Granted the label hasn't handled a band the size of the Offspring, but as i said we're talking hypotheticals here. If the band left Columbia, and didn't want to put out an album as a Nitro release, those would be the only two labels that i could see them signing too. The band however, will more then likely end their career on Columbia.

Yeah, I highly doubt they're going to be offered a new contract...

If the band has a contract for one more studio album, i can see them getting another option by Columbia; but not a brand new three album contract.

Budzy
12-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Sad Thread :(

Hate to say it, but they've already lost their chance to go out with a bang. If they wanted it, they should've quit after Americana. They're already faded out, and I'm fine with that. I still like their music, whether it's famous or not.

You'd have to be crazy to retire after only your 5th album, with a success the scale that Americana was, while your still relatively young.
And I think they're is no stopping them from producing an amzing album that could blow us all away, because look at Your Gonna Go Far Kid, 12 weeks number one, and all this radio play they are getting, people still want to hear them. Who knows, RAFRAG could even just set the path like Ignition with Smash. It won't be on the scale of Smash Of course, but iy still could be huge.

And I was thinking that RAFRAG could have possibly been their last, I was so happy when they said they still wanted to make more. I think 1-2 more albums would be a reasonable estimate. But if they want to keep making more, do it!

But their last album will be epic. Fast, powerful, full of swearing and plenty of attitude. Although I know they like to expand outside of just punk, but I think for a last album it would be a Smash-like album.

findout5
12-04-2008, 03:38 AM
I think they are gonna do one more, tour it and go on indefinate hiatus.

Then the label will try and milk them for all they're worth and put out a rarities record, a best of, etc.

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 04:27 AM

Then the label will try and milk them for all they're worth and put out a rarities record, a best of, etc.

yeah one more... :(

Alex101
12-04-2008, 09:02 AM
If the band has a contract for one more studio album, i can see them getting another option by Columbia; but not a brand new three album contract.
Or instead of renewing their contract for Columbia, The Offspring should sign to either Side One Dummy, MySpace Records, Warner Bros., Capitol, Roadrunner, Vagrant, Trever Keith from Face to Face's new label Antagonist Records or Mike Ness from Social D's label TimeBomb Recordings. Or they should stay on Dexter's label Nitro Records fulltime, but for obvious reasons, they can't return to Epitaph, having expired their contract with the label after completion of Ixnay or the reissuing of their 1989 self-titled debut.

holland25
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Or they should stay on Dexter's label Nitro Records fulltime

This .

_Lost_
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM

well i don't know about this. Americana came in with a bang, but this album's gaining speed. even my friend actually liked one of their songs from it (and she's never liked their songs, not even pretty fly). I don't think record sales count anymore. Just look at it. They've been beating out all kinds of bands that no one really expected them to beat on the charts.

hangovered
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I think they rather stop playing concerts than recording. They're pretty creative,arent they? I thnk they're really proud of RAFRAG, so don't think they would stop making albums that fast.
Or it's just a wishful thinkin...

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
1 or 2 more...

Oxygene
12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know, but if there is a final show, I'll be there for sure, even if it's at the fucking north pole, and you have to die to get there!

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't know, but if there is a final show, I'll be there for sure, even if it's at the fucking north pole, and you have to die to get there!

srly, don't make me cry now

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 10:29 AM

i will try...

Sofinch
12-04-2008, 10:29 AM
2 or 3
2 regular albums
and one Very Best of the Offspring

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 10:31 AM
when an acoustic album? AHAHAHAH
Or maybe a: THE OFFSPRING & Los Angeles Orchestra lol

Sofinch
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
The Offspring tribute to Queen & Freddy Mercury
wonder how that would sound

Tomasisko
12-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I think they will make two more albums. Noodles will be able to jump on concerts next 5-6 years :D and that's enough time to make 25 more songs :)

Jojan
12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Two and a half. They'll start on one, but someone'll die or just quit.

hangovered
12-04-2008, 10:46 AM

Oh yeah. That's exactly what we mean saying to stop talking about sad things...;)

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 10:47 AM

ok that was freaking funny, i must admit lol

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
2030 MTV-MARS BREAKING NEWS:

60 year old Drummer RON WELTY returns to the legendary punk-rock band from Los Angeles, Earth, THE OFFSPRING, on a special appearance in "Conan O'brien live from XYZ", Mars, next FRIDAY.
They're expected to play their first hit single Come Out And play, and their latest tune, that you can listen on MTV-MARS new Reality Show "Mars Vs Earth", "Pretty Alien".

Bryan Keith Holland, that lost one leg during an accident with his own spaceship, will be the lead vocals one more time again, after he quit 20 years ago music business when his fan RUTEGARD tried to kiss him on stage.

Kevin Wasserman, aka NOODLES, is too drunk and fat to play, so his son will be on duty of lead guitar.

Greg Kriesel, after 40 babies, returns of another paternal licence, and he is here to show us his classic swing when playing his bass lines.

Ron Welty, as said, fills in for drums, as Pete Parada quit to his new band "Steady Space".

Special Guests are:

AXL ROSE - After the disgrace of GnR's album trilogy, he is doing some back vocals in other bands, to earn some money.

Billie Joe Armstrong - After years and years of trials of "selling" the same tune with just some differents effects( " American Idiot" "Mexican Estupido" " Boulevard of Idiots" and the infamous "American in a basket case") with his old Band, Green Day, and after years of hell and disease, because of his drug addiction, he will play rythm guitars as a special wish of lead singer, Dexter Holland!

So, Don't FORGET! THIS FRIDAY:

NEVER MARS SEEMED SO CLOSE TO EARTH!

Sofinch
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM

60 year old Drummer RON WELTY returns to the legendary punk-rock band from Los Angeles, Earth, THE OFFSPRING, on a special appearance in "Conan O'brien live from XYZ", Mars, next FRIDAY.
They're expected to play their first hit single Come Out And play, and their latest tune, that you can listen on MTV-MARS new Reality Show "Mars Vs Earth", "Pretty Alien".

Bryan Keith Holland, that lost one leg during an accident with his own spaceship, will be the lead vocals one more time again, after he quit 20 years ago music business when his fan RUTEGARD tried to kiss him on stage.

Kevin Wasserman, aka NOODLES, is too drunk and fat to play, so his son will be on duty of lead guitar.

Greg Kriesel, after 40 babies, returns of another paternal licence, and he is here to show us his classic swing when playing his bass lines.

Ron Welty, as said, fills in for drums, as Pete Parada quit to his new band "Steady Space".

Special Guests are:

AXL ROSE - After the disgrace of GnR's album trilogy, he is doing some back vocals in other bands, to earn some money.

Billie Joe Armstrong - After years and years of trials of "selling" the same tune with just some differents effects( " American Idiot" "Mexican Estupido" " Boulevard of Idiots" and the infamous "American in a basket case") with his old Band, Green Day, and after years of hell and disease, because of his drug addiction, he will play rythm guitars as a special wish of lead singer, Dexter Holland!

That's just awesome, I got to save that somewhere!!
really this is great!!!

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Special Guests are:

Now THAT would be a sight to behold, you just made my day haha, I was cracking up as I read that! :D

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Lovely! i like to pop up some humour sometimes. I imagine that Dexter, if he really reads this, points me as one of the stupid users, but HEY? COME OUT AND PLAY!

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Lovely! i like to pop up some humour sometimes. I imagine that Dexter, if he really reads this, points me as one of the stupid users, but HEY? COME OUT AND PLAY!

and i tried to kissed him?!? at least tell me i did it!! LOL

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
and i tried to kissed him?!? at least tell me i did it!! LOL

You don't remember?
That show in 2009, at my backyard? My birthday, ANA! geez, you drunk too much alcohol!

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 11:32 AM
You don't remember?
That show in 2009, at my backyard? My birthday, ANA! geez, you drunk too much alcohol!

aaww THAT one!! sure :)

oh yeah, i had babies 9 months later :p

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:35 AM
aaww THAT one!! sure :)

oh yeah, i had babies 9 months later :p

That's why Dexter quit music. He is in some weird religion, that believes that babies are made when a guy kisses a girl.

Now he is an atheist. He even likes Bad Religion again.
he and Greg Graffin are in some sick place for rich oldman in another Galaxy. They share a condo facing the beach.

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 11:36 AM
He is in some weird religion, that believes that babies are made when a guy kisses a girl.

THAT is what he would like to believe my friend! do not forget he was quite drunk too....

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:38 AM
THAT is what he would like to believe my friend! do not forget he was quite drunk too....

He only drinks GRINGO BANDIDO SODA. He is too a tycoon: he owns lot of enterprises.

Sofinch
12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Seriously RonWelty where do you keep getting it?! LOL you're awesome!

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 11:40 AM

you see, he orders gringo bandito and...

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:42 AM

Don't forget that I'm really DEXTER HOLLAND! Check that Hack account thread.

When i'm not writting songs about Flies or peanut butter, I do some stand-up comedy. I have to own a bigger spaceship you know? My hair is too long...

Sofinch
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Don't forget that I'm really DEXTER HOLLAND! Check that Hack account thread.

When i'm not writting songs about Flies or peanut butter, I do some stand-up comedy. I have to own a bigger spaceship you know? My hair is too long...

Heehee can you see in the future? or is it just me who lives in the past ... uh ooh...
there's Caesar who tries to attack my village again brb

_Lost_
12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
RonWelty, I gotta say that that was gold!

you know... now that I think of it, they did mention (in an off-hand sort of way) and Greatest Hits pt 2. hmm. so then, they will need 10 more singles. Just like with the first: 3 singles from the first album featured (hammerhead, yggfk, kristy), then 2 songs from the next album (which won't do as well as RAFRAG like Ixnay vs smash, but will take the place of Ixnay as my favorite album), then 3 songs from the next album (which will explode on the radio and the first single will be the anthem of 2012), then 2 from the lower key more political album released 2 years later, and then they'll of course have to write another song for a movie, then their last album will be darker and more hard rock but the singles will be very classic offspring and feature keyboards and steel drums.

Of course, by the last single, they will have totally given up on making actual music videos and will instead be stealing them from people on youtube and it will be a board wide competition to see if anyone can get one of their videos chosen.

and by this time, our moderators will all be married with children. 1565 will be known as momerator to her own kids. rag doll will have left the boards to lead the new feminist movement. Sunny will no longer use the boards and in her last few months as a mod, she will post nothing but grumblings of trolls and idiots. Tijs will get so caught up in the reminiscence of Dexter remembering who his is, that it will be his life's goal to have that happen again, only to never make it into another after party and he'll be like one of those guys who always talks about his highschool football career. Endymion will have a career online giving kids the answers to their math homework. and johnnynemesis will have to explain to his wife why it is that he's always getting emails from various board members (male and female) requesting more n00dz.

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Heehee can you see in the future? or is it just me who lives in the past ... uh ooh...
there's Caesar who tries to attack my village again brb

I'm FROM THE FUTURE!
I'm here to amuse myself. In 2030 no one remembers me or wish me like you, dear girl fans, do. I'm really too fat now and my hair is getting bigger and bigger! I can't get it separated.
In 2008 i was loved and admired.

As i own a corporate spaceship, that has a special skill to return to past, i visit some time pieces when my band was huge.

Next Step is showing my music to Romans and Egyptians. And I'm wondering: "What Jesus would think about Hit that"...

hangovered
12-04-2008, 11:48 AM
http://zapodaj.net/images/24596063.jpg
I know,shitty,but I just must do it:D

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
RonWelty, I gotta say that that was gold!

you know... now that I think of it, they did mention (in an off-hand sort of way) and Greatest Hits pt 2. hmm. so then, they will need 10 more singles. Just like with the first: 3 singles from the first album featured (hammerhead, yggfk, kristy), then 2 songs from the next album (which won't do as well as RAFRAG like Ixnay vs smash, but will take the place of Ixnay as my favorite album), then 3 songs from the next album (which will explode on the radio and the first single will be the anthem of 2012), then 2 from the lower key more political album released 2 years later, and then they'll of course have to write another song for a movie, then their last album will be darker and more hard rock but the singles will be very classic offspring and feature keyboards and steel drums.

Of course, by the last single, they will have totally given up on making actual music videos and will instead be stealing them from people on youtube and it will be a board wide competition to see if anyone can get one of their videos chosen.

and by this time, our moderators will all be married with children. 1565 will be known as momerator to her own kids. rag doll will have left the boards to lead the new feminist movement. Tijs will get so caught up in the reminiscence of Dexter remembering who his is, that it will be his life's goal to have that happen again, only to never make it into another after party and he'll be like one of those guys who always talks about his highschool football career. Endymion will have a career online giving kids the answers to their math homework. and johnnynemesis will have to explain to his wife why it is that he's always getting emails from various board members (male and female) requesting more n00dz.
Please don't tell anyone, but i even use kaaza to download my own music... Shiuuu Don't tell Greg! He only cares about money and money.

P.S. And now in some 5 star Hotel in Russia, Dexter, I mean, ME, he's getting a boner reading this thread.

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 11:52 AM

My grand son lives in the upper town. Downtown is for losers!

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM

LOL that was great

OFFSPRING INVASION

_Lost_
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Please don't tell anyone, but i even use kaaza to download my own music... Shiuuu Don't tell Greg! He only cares about money and money.

P.S. And now in some 5 star Hotel in Russia, Dexter, I mean, ME, he's getting a boner reading this thread.

Hahaha! You are on fire today!

dr.vanessa
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
RON WELTY U R A GENIUS:DHehe docs rule;);):D

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
RON WELTY U R A GENIUS:DHehe docs rule;);):D

I'm a genius under mild depression! I skipped two exams this week: urology and Diseases of ear and Nose

Bipolar Bear
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm a genius under mild depression! I skipped two exams this week: urology and Diseases of ear and Nose

haha
I only skipped one

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
haha
I only skipped one

lol prankster !

Alex101
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM

The North Pole?! *laughter* That's funny to me.

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 03:50 PM
For their last show, they're going to clone themselves several times and play on all continents simultaneously, yes even on antarctica for the penguins! :D

hangovered
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
For their last show, they're going to clone themselves several times and play on all continents simultaneously, yes even on antarctica for the penguins! :D

and everyone will have his own Dexter!!!:D

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
APPLE INC is proud to present:

There is life after Ipod, Iphone and Mac for Jobs' family!
IDexter! You can have your own Dexter! White, Yellow, Black You can choose the colour!

Instead of using batteries, feeding process is like TAMAGOSHI system some decades before.

You can plug your IDexter to your own computer and update him.

Hours and Hours of Music, Jokes, Stories and never ending fun!

Don't waste more time and order now!

Call 000-345-IDEXTER-APPLE (if you're on Earth)

First 10000 persons who bought this new gadget will win too an extended library of microbiology, science and other stuff books to fully enjoy IDexter!

hangovered
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I love u man.seriously-i do.

btw-is iDexter waterproof? Don't ask why asking...:p

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
When asked by a journalist of Mars Weekly if IDexter is Waterproof, Liza Jobs Gates, daughter of Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, that married the son of Bill Gates, major individual shareholder of Microsoft, was very clear:

"When we design a product, we made it to be the best! We use all the best technology and the best material we can have. He uses a Windows DarkHorse Software, that has all the security that Apple SO's had. It's hardware is secured by a box made of Iron X23, X because of its eXtra resistance, and 23 because it was discovered in 2023, that make this gadget fully protected against water.

We worked hard with Mr. Holland ( CEO of Nitro Corporation and former lead singer of the punk-rock band from Los Angeles, Earth, The Offspring) to ensure that Idexter has some molecular context that make this robot in the middle road of creating a Human-like Robot.
Its Main features are:

- Can sing songs
- Can perform multi-instruments
- Can create Hot Sauce
- Can speak English and say "No me gusta essa pergunta" in spanish
- Can steal riffs and lyrics of other band and almost no one notices
- Can pilot airplanes

Only major problem we had found, it's some malfunction when next to Nintendo's BJA ( Billie Joe Armstrong), the grand daughter of Nintendo's World Famous Wii because of it's wide wireless function.
With BJA Nintendo wanted to conquer an older factior of videogame market. BJA is focused on make real for user the sensation of being stupid, getting stoned, kill random people, create stupid music, suicide tendencies. BJA is the only hardware that accepts latest Grand Theft Space Ship VI.

_Lost_
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I think you have won my heart RonWelty. Marry me?

We can have teh secks! (sorry JN... unless you don't mind sharing me?)

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I think you have won my heart RonWelty. Marry me?

We can have teh secks! (sorry JN... unless you don't mind sharing me?)

Well, Why marry? Pure and dirty sex :D

_Lost_
12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
you make a good case. damn... the commute is gonna be a bitch.

RageAndLov
12-04-2008, 05:29 PM
lol RonWelty! That iDexter sounds like a briliant idea! :p

Anyway... I except Offspring to make at least 25 more albums before they quit.

No I'm just kidding. 3 studioa albums and hopefully a B-Side some time.

ixnay04
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok so anyways...to get back to the point of this thread....

I think the Offspring will release 1 or 2 more albums. There are a number of reasons to my answer, but i'll only name a few:

- Children (Greg K has 4 sons; 1 of which is a newborn and Noodles has a 6 yr old son). They probably want to see their kids grow up.
- Touring...im sure touring around the world consistently becomes more difficult as you age lol
- Downloading....digital downloading decreases sales. Boo :(

Hopefully thats not the case though!!! We shall what the future holds.

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok so anyways...to get back to the point of this thread....

I think the Offspring will release 1 or 2 more albums. There are a number of reasons to my answer, but i'll only name a few:

- Children (Greg K has 4 sons; 1 of which is a newborn and Noodles has a 6 yr old son). They probably want to see their kids grow up.
- Touring...im sure touring around the world consistently becomes more difficult as you age lol
- Downloading....digital downloading decreases sales. Boo :(

Hopefully thats not the case though!!! We shall what the future holds.i bought today YGGFK EP on ITUNES...and will but it physical too...

jacknife737
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't really think album sales will be a factor in the band's retirement, they've openly said that at this point, they don't have to worry about money. They'll stop when playing in the band stops being fun, plain and simple.

KyleW
12-05-2008, 05:50 AM
My guess is one more album, a b sides and another greatest hits.

maplejet
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
There will at least one more album, most likely 2 minimum. With the success of YGGFK, they still have a place in music, and I expect to hear more albums from them. Though I feel it may be less on the punk side and more on the alternative rock side with their signature sound still present!

dr.vanessa
12-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Diseases of ear and nose is one of my dislikes..:):p

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Diseases of ear and nose is one of my dislikes..:):p

I believe. Here it's called "Otorrinolaringologia". It's also the biggest word in Portuguese.

dr.vanessa
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I believe. Here it's called "Otorrinolaringologia". It's also the biggest word in Portuguese.

LOL that word is greek..:D

Rutegard
12-05-2008, 10:35 AM

no its not!
the biggest word is :

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

a pulmunar disease ;)

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
no its not!
the biggest word is :

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

a pulmunar disease ;)

isso é tudo junto?

BULLSHIT

Rutegard
12-05-2008, 02:49 PM
isso é tudo junto?

BULLSHIT

seriously, my portuguese teacher told us.....but come again, she also had lupus so...LOL

poor teacher...i liked her! shes probably dead now!

Rutegard
12-05-2008, 02:50 PM
isso é tudo junto?

BULLSHIT

definicao:
tratase de uma doença pulmunar tipica dos mineiros. para provar k esta palavra de facto existe eais a entrada corespondente no webster's thrid new internationl dictionary (mas dps alguem rasgou o link) LOL ta numa folha de papel

cool 2 hate 681
12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
i hear nitro filed for bankruptcy can anyone confirm this?

F@ BANKZ
12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Ohhhh whhhhy ohhhhh whhhy.

cool 2 hate 681
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Ohhhh whhhhy ohhhhh whhhy.

what is your problem

Gustavo
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
RonWelty, this iDexter idea is just awesome... Maybe we could start a partnership.
Buy two iDexters and get an iGustavo totally free!

hangovered
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
RonWelty, this iDexter idea is just awesome... Maybe we could start a partnership.
Buy two iDexters and get an iGustavo totally free!

No,no,no. I see you guys need someone who knows how it works. Not two iDexters,but: buy one iDexter to the end of the month and you will get iNoodles half-price and if you call us NOW you will get iGustavo totally free!

jacknife737
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
i hear nitro filed for bankruptcy can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm, but i'm pretty sure they have zero bands signed to it at the moment.

Also guys, please keep this thread on topic.

Gustavo
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
No,no,no. I see you guys need someone who knows how it works. Not two iDexters,but: buy one iDexter to the end of the month and you will get iNoodles half-price and if you call us NOW you will get iGustavo totally free!

Good, unfortunately we won't be able to sell iGregs, since iGreg is so expensive that not even Chuck Norris is able to buy it, only Greg himself is!

Yes, it was supposed to be a joke.

Anyways...
Unfortunately, I don't think The Offspring will be a Rolling Stones-ish band, I expect them to make a lot of new albums, but, unfortunately... I don't think we will have more than 5 :(
No one can tell how many more albums they will make, but that's my bet...

But let's just hope they don't get tired so early, and hopefully there will be many more great albums.

hangovered
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah,I just though I would edit my last post and write there that I'm spamer(is there that word in english?)
Sorry for that.

On topic-I don't wanna guess how many albums will be there,cause it's bit sad. I just hope that making music won't stop to be fun for Off and they will do this as long as they can.
Some say that bands should know when to stop even if they have new ideas and so on. I don't. I feel that it's not about money cause they already have money,so it's just for plessure-their and ours:)

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
APPLE INC sent a report this day denying intention of creating INoodle's or IGreg's.

"Mr. Holland was very explicit when he indicated that he only wants himself to have the honour of having an I. We signed a contract on that basis."

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I can't confirm, but i'm pretty sure they have zero bands signed to it at the moment.

Also guys, please keep this thread on topic.

i don't think this is true. they've got 6 bands (aside from the offspring) listed as touring at the moment.

and i feel sad that it seems my predictions for the offspring and their forum moderators seem to have gone overlooked because ronwelty's are so much funnier.

Stylie
12-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Damn, someone says minimum one album, maybe two? Look at Hammerhead. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Kristy. I'm sure they still have many ideas and will make at least two more albums. pft, what am I saying? two? At least three albums. Oh yeah. They got so much energy and it seems that they're having so much fun too, and that's the most important. and by that, they will make many, many more albums.

randman21
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
and i feel sad that it seems my predictions for the offspring and their forum moderators seem to have gone overlooked because ronwelty's are so much funnier.
Haha, I missed it until now, but that was pretty excellent. Props.

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
thank you... i thought it was funny... :o

jacknife737
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
i don't think this is true. they've got 6 bands (aside from the offspring) listed as touring at the moment.

Well, (i'm assuming your using the "tour section" of the Nitro website); Guttermouth's last album was on another label, and i guarantee the next Wilhelm Scream release isn't going to be on Nitro; but it does look like TSOL and the Aquabats are still on it, as are No Trigger and Hit the Switch. So i stand corrected.

Kennytar
12-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Damn, someone says minimum one album, maybe two? Look at Hammerhead. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Kristy. I'm sure they still have many ideas and will make at least two more albums. pft, what am I saying? two? At least three albums. Oh yeah. They got so much energy and it seems that they're having so much fun too, and that's the most important. and by that, they will make many, many more albums.

Well, I hope many many albums too but hopefully they will end when they are still good and on the top!

And they are GREAT atm!

dr.vanessa
12-06-2008, 05:08 AM
the more albums they make the better for me...:D:D:)

Kennytar
12-06-2008, 05:12 AM
We can't get enough Offspring!!! EVER!

dr.vanessa
12-06-2008, 05:36 AM

QfT........:D;)

Alex101
12-07-2008, 04:14 PM

I agree. Yes, you're absolutely right, we definitely can't get enough Offspring!

RonWelty
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM

I'm funny? thanks :D

Offspring_crazy_girl
12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
In my country there was an excelent singer. He was young,lifefull,succssesful,very popular and the most important-he was personification of goodnes and charity. He have a title of Mother Teresa here.He was the best singer an man ever. I have never loved any singer or group as I love him. As a brother,as the best thing in my life,as my angel. In ocotober 28th 2007 he died in a car accident. My life had changed a lot till that moment. I don't care about tommorow,just about today. I don't do things that I don't like,because the life is too short for bullshits! After my angel,the first group that i Like really is Offspring. I can see importance in their lyrics. I can see their sight to the world and life and I liked them very much. The singer I love-my angel died very young-he was just 26. So,I really love Offspring and I'd love to hear them singing and hear them smiling for a long time,so I would like them to use their life and their talent to make are faces smiling!:)

Tomasisko
12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
In my country there was an excelent singer. He was young,lifefull,succssesful,very popular and the most important-he was personification of goodnes and charity. He have a title of Mother Teresa here.He was the best singer an man ever. I have never loved any singer or group as I love him. As a brother,as the best thing in my life,as my angel. In ocotober 28th 2007 he died in a car accident. My life had changed a lot till that moment. I don't care about tommorow,just about today. I don't do things that I don't like,because the life is too short for bullshits! After my angel,the first group that i Like really is Offspring. I can see importance in their lyrics. I can see their sight to the world and life and I liked them very much. The singer I love-my angel died very young-he was just 26. So,I really love Offspring and I'd love to hear them singing and hear them smiling for a long time,so I would like them to use their life and their talent to make are faces smiling!:)

you knew him personally? the way you describe that singer seems that he was very near to you

Alex101
12-13-2008, 05:18 PM

And then after an indefinate hiatus, will they be coming back and making more albums?

nameless
12-13-2008, 09:49 PM
it depends on sales of the latest album, it wouldnt surprise me if they called it quits if it didnt sell that well but i do hope there is another one!

Cock Joke
12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
We don't need anymore Offspring hiatuses.

findout5
12-14-2008, 05:20 AM
it depends on sales of the latest album, it wouldnt surprise me if they called it quits if it didnt sell that well but i do hope there is another one!

Once I read a Greg K interview where he said that if things slowed down for them and the shows gt smaller, and the records didn't really sell they'd call it quits! Let's hope they give it one more shot!

randman21
12-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Awww, that happened on my birthday. :( Glad you now like the Offspring, though!

JeromeFleur
12-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I hope they don't do a world tour for RAFRAG (maybe this will sound egocentric, but I've seen them enough time live... and aniway it's always pretty much the same songs... and I'm not really a show-type of fan... plus, if they wanted to do a tour, why didn't they do it just after the release?), and quickly return to studio to release another album in 2009, which I hope will be even better than RAFRAG. Two good albums in a really short time, without a tour between, it would be great and original. And then after, they could do a big world tour, would be amazing.

Alex101
12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope they don't do a world tour for RAFRAG (maybe this will sound egocentric, but I've seen them enough time live... and aniway it's always pretty much the same songs... and I'm not really a show-type of fan... plus, if they wanted to do a tour, why didn't they do it just after the release?), and quickly return to studio to release another album in 2009, which I hope will be even better than RAFRAG. Two good albums in a really short time, without a tour between, it would be great and original. And then after, they could do a big world tour, would be amazing.

How come you don't want them to tour for their Rise and Fall?

randman21
12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Heh, he just explained it. He wants them to hurry up and get back in the studio, then after that album do a huge tour. I can't say that I agree with that, but I definitely wouldn't be mad about it.

Alex101
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Heh, he just explained it. He wants them to hurry up and get back in the studio, then after that album do a huge tour. I can't say that I agree with that, but I definitely wouldn't be mad about it.
Well, for his (and also your) information, Noodles said in this interview (http://www.kroq-data.com/wah/wah/dcvideo/avc-view.aspx?videoid=3411&categoryid=) that they are coming back to the U.S. again for sure in 2009. And then after that, they maybe they will record another album. For now, we can assume that, since we'll never know what's next for The Offspring.

Spike17
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
The Offspring being a legend that they are, would most likely produce multiple records untill they have to pry the guitar off the cold dead talentfilled fingers of kevin wasserman!

slagod
01-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Actually they do not have a lot of fans, but really huge number of people have heard about them.
Most of people around, who are about 20-25 now, brought up with The Offspring and
even they do not listen to them anymore, they have the great respect to them! :)
So Dexter and company are obligated to record a few more longplays.

Alex101
01-15-2009, 07:22 PM
The Offspring being a legend that they are, would most likely produce multiple records untill they have to pry the guitar off the cold dead talentfilled fingers of kevin wasserman!
I'm sure the Offspring will probably keep making music together until one of the members dies.

Ninty Man
01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm sure the Offspring will probably keep making music together until one of the members dies.

Ron Welty? :D

Alex101
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Ron Welty? :D
What about him?

Ninty Man
01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
What about him?

If he dies, The Offspring will not make more music

Alex101
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM
If he dies, The Offspring will not make more music
But he's been out of the band for more than 5 years, so how could The Offspring break up until he dies? Is it because he helped make the band become popular or something? I'm confused here...

Ninty Man
01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
But he's been out of the band for more than 5 years, so how could The Offspring break up until he dies? Is it because he helped make the band become popular or something? I'm confused here...

You don't get the BAD joke...

Forza
01-17-2009, 06:55 AM
You don't get the BAD joke...

You call that bad? It was a horrible joke :P

Alex101
01-17-2009, 08:04 PM
You call that bad? It was a horrible joke :P
That was my thoughts exactly...

Ninty Man
01-17-2009, 09:05 PM
That was my thoughts exactly...

Indeed... :D

Alex101
01-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I think they will make two more albums. Noodles will be able to jump on concerts next 5-6 years :D and that's enough time to make 25 more songs :)
And what's Noodles going do after the next 5-6 years?

F@ BANKZ
01-18-2009, 04:23 PM
And what's Noodles going do after the next 5-6 years?

I: Get drunk
II: Do other Noodles-things.

Alex101
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I: Get drunk
II: Do other Noodles-things.
"Noodles-things"? Like what, do something he hasn't done in a long time or something?

Ninty Man
01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
"Noodles-things"? Like what, do something he hasn't done in a long time or something?

Listen to Bach?

Alex101
01-20-2009, 08:45 AM
We don't need anymore Offspring hiatuses.
You're right. We definitely don't need anymore Offspring hiatuses, and want them to keep going on.

zsk
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
i hope 10...

brothadave79
01-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I would hope for 10 also. As a minimum, of course! The album hasn't been out that long and I'm already curious what direction they're going to take the next one!

Alex101
01-20-2009, 08:58 AM
i hope 10...
Just like on the interview on the Bad Religion live DVD Live at the Palladium. Their guitarist Brett Gurewitz was hoping BR could make 10 more albums. They just recently made New Maps of Hell and announced plans for another album, so that means they'll probably make 9 or 8 more.

brothadave79
01-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't know how much longer Dex can go on singing in the Offspring style, though. His vocals are pretty physically demanding and can take a toll on the throat. By the time they would make these 10 hypothetical albums, they would be at least in their sixties! And it's hard to imagine Mick Jagger, or any retirement-age rocker, singing in such a style.

Ninty Man
01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Just like on the interview on the Bad Religion live DVD Live at the Palladium. Their guitarist Brett Gurewitz was hoping BR could make 10 more albums. They just recently made New Maps of Hell and announced plans for another album, so that means they'll probably make 9 or 8 more.

In fact, it was their drummer, Brooks Wackerman. Gurewitz said that they would make a double album, which didn't happen

Alex101
01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
In fact, it was their drummer, Brooks Wackerman. Gurewitz said that they would make a double album, which didn't happen
At first I thought it was Brett until you pointed out it was brooks. Oh, well, it looks like I'll have to watch it again.

zsk
01-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I would hope for 10 also. As a minimum, of course! The album hasn't been out that long and I'm already curious what direction they're going to take the next one!

i hope next album will come out next winter/spring

Alex101
01-23-2009, 07:19 PM
i hope next album will come out next winter/spring
Yeah, me too! If they do make their next album, I hope they'll return to the same roots/sounds they did on Ignition and Smash.

iPunk247
01-23-2009, 10:54 PM
i wish for two more. :) :D :cool:

Alex101
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
i wish for two more. :) :D :cool:
I actually want more than two.

The_Bass
01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm afraid it will only be two...

Alex101
01-24-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm afraid it will only be two...
You mean for the label?

T_immortal
01-24-2009, 09:52 PM
You mean for the label?

I'm pretty sure I've heard their contract with Columbia was for 6 records, notwithstanding "Greatest Hits" there's only one more record left on their deal, the direction they'll take afterwards remains a mystery, but I find myself in a position where I'm already anticipating what they're gonna put out next, though RAFRAG has been out for only 7 months, how kick ass would it be if they debuted a new song during the US tour? ;)

Tomasisko
01-25-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I've heard their contract with Columbia was for 6 records, notwithstanding "Greatest Hits" there's only one more record left on their deal, the direction they'll take afterwards remains a mystery, but I find myself in a position where I'm already anticipating what they're gonna put out next, though RAFRAG has been out for only 7 months, how kick ass would it be if they debuted a new song during the US tour? ;)

a label is the smallest problem. They have Nitro too... They just have to want

iPunk247
01-25-2009, 04:12 AM
I actually want more than two.

yikes! how many more?

Alex101
01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
yikes! how many more?
Maybe 1 or 2 more for Columbia and some for a new label the Offspring might be involved in.

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-25-2009, 11:35 AM
though RAFRAG has been out for only 7 months, how kick ass would it be if they debuted a new song during the US tour? ;)

We can dream, but it is very unlikely to happen.

a label is the smallest problem. They have Nitro too... They just have to want

Quoted as the truth

Zee
01-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I've heard their contract with Columbia was for 6 records...

Yeah, that's true. Noodles said in 2005 after the GH record that they still own two more studio records for Columbia.

After that I'll personally take everything rest as a plus only but expect nothing. If they decide to retire that's just fine and the band The Offspring will always stay in my heart. I wouldn't be wistful but thankful, going back to the times liking the band for 15 years and what they've given to me. Their "last" gig is a must see by the way!

summer_guy
01-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I think some 10 albums at least,they are young and music is more better :D:)

Alex101
01-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, that's true. Noodles said in 2005 after the GH record that they still own two more studio records for Columbia.
Now that they've made RAFRAG, that means they have one more to do before they discuss their future.

Gayman
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
23! ...just a wild guess

Alex101
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
23! ...just a wild guess
Nah, 23 is just too much. The Offspring probably would no longer exist by the time they make a 23rd album or something.

danitanev
01-26-2009, 06:19 AM
I expect The Offspring to make about 200 albums more! Well even 200 would be not enough for me, but really I expect them to make at least about 2 or 3 albums more - I wish they would make 5 or 6 more! :)

Gayman
01-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Nah, 23 is just too much. The Offspring probably would no longer exist by the time they make a 23rd album or something.

I really hope you understand that I was joking...

iPunk247
01-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Maybe 1 or 2 more for Columbia and some for a new label the Offspring might be involved in.

awesomely rad xD 100% strongly agreed with ya =^.^=

Alex101
01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
awesomely rad xD 100% strongly agreed with ya =^.^=
Right on...

ily2
01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
there better be at least 4 more
or else...
i die

Alex101
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
there better be at least 4 more
or else...
i die
Why would you die if they didn't make any more?

Outerspaceman21
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
LOTS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I want at least 4 or 5 more, then they could retire or die or something.

maplejet
02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
If anything, we need a live album.

zsk
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
i want a new album in early 2010!!!

Alex101
02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
i want a new album in early 2010!!!
Me too! (If the band gets a producer that doesn't take as long as Bob Rock did)

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Me too! (If the band gets a producer that doesn't take as long as Bob Rock did)

If they fucking hire bob rock again, I will take someones life...

They need Branden O' Brien back. They made some good stuff with him. I would to see them work with Joe Barresi or Rick Rubin.

However, they have a habit of sticking with a producer for a couple records.

Thom Wilson -Self-Titled, Ignition, Smash

Dave Jerden - Ixnay, Amercana

Branden O' Brien - Conpiracy of One, Splinter

Dammit...

GunForHire
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I figure they'll do 1 more 'proper' album on Columbia, then just release stuff as they see fit online. After all they've said they're just doing it for the love of making music now, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't just put any more stuff they do up online. And if they wanted they could release any new material on disc through Nitro as well.

Alex101
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
If they fucking hire bob rock again, I will take someones life...

They need Branden O' Brien back. They made some good stuff with him. I would to see them work with Joe Barresi or Rick Rubin.

However, they have a habit of sticking with a producer for a couple records.

Thom Wilson -Self-Titled, Ignition, Smash

Dave Jerden - Ixnay, Amercana

Branden O' Brien - Conpiracy of One, Splinter

Dammit...
If the band doesn't decide to work with Bob Rock again, I've always been hoping they could work with Cameron Webb. I was impressed with his work on Social Distortion's Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll and Pennywise's Reason to Believe.

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 06:12 PM
exactly, Bob Rock wasn't a good choice

jacknife737
02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I actually don't think the band is going to work with Bob Rock for their next album. I have nothing to back this up, but i suspect they'll want to try out as many new things with their remaining albums.

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
If the band doesn't decide to work with Bob Rock again, I've always been hoping they could work with Cameron Webb. I was impressed with his work on Social Distortion's Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll and Pennywise's Reason to Believe.

Yeah, Cameron Webb would be a good choice. I totally loved the new Pennywise album.

Alex101
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Cameron Webb would be a good choice. I totally loved the new Pennywise album.
Cameron Webb would indeed be a good choice. If the Offspring decides not to work with him, they should, in my opinion, work with either David Kahne (Fishbone, Sublime), Michael Beinhorn (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Social Distortion) or Ross Robinson (KoЯn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot).

MAXTER
02-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Butch VIg...

zsk
02-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Maybbe an album with Bad Relgion\NOFX\Rise Against\Die Toten Hosen
that would be nice!

jacknife737
02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Butch VIg...

This.

I'd really like that to happen; he produced my favorite album of 2007, and he and the band would seem like a good fit.

Omni
02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Steve Albini.

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
This.

I'd really like that to happen; he produced my favorite album of 2007, and he and the band would seem like a good fit.

Yeah, same here. Being a huge Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage and Against Me!, I would love to see that.

Omni
02-05-2009, 01:32 PM
My choice is the best, for the fans of the homegrown sound.

Zee
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I hope they try something new again... I want a little bit more clear drum sounds back.

Alex101
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
This.

What album of 2007 was it?

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
What album of 2007 was it?

Well, he produced two, and I don't think Jacknife is a huge fan of Jimmy Eat World

So it's got to be New Wave by Against Me!, which was a great CD. Thrash Unreal and White People For Peace are great songs.

chicapowerpunk
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I think we can expect about 5 more CDs, are young, are good friends, have a long way yet.

Tomasisko
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
at least 5 albums

MoonTan™
02-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Ive seen The offspring on TV twice today, (Why don't you get a job
and Come out and play)

I think this is a sign that the offspring are starting to get
some commercial sucess again....

Alex101
02-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Ive seen The offspring on TV twice today, (Why don't you get a job
and Come out and play)
On the internet or on MTV or something?

MoonTan™
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
On the internet or on MTV or something?

Nope, Max (on Austar). That's Australian Public Television.

TheOldMark
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
two. although they may renew their contract with Sony or go elsewhere (I'd expect them to go to Myspace records or stay on Nitro). Id expect Dexter to continue with other projects, maybe solo stuff. Since he's pretty much a one man show Renaissance man.

Alex101
02-06-2009, 07:46 PM
two. although they may renew their contract with Sony or go elsewhere (I'd expect them to go to Myspace records or stay on Nitro). Id expect Dexter to continue with other projects, maybe solo stuff. Since he's pretty much a one man show Renaissance man.
A solo album from Dexter would be great or maybe a side project (like Tim Armstrong's Transplants) or supergroup (like Velvet Revolver and +44).

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
A solo album from Dexter would be great or maybe a side project (like Tim Armstrong's Transplants) or supergroup (like Velvet Revolver and +44).

I would like to see Middle Age Spread come to life with Blag Dahila, Fat Mike and Dexter.

jacknife737
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
The question regarding their record lable status is pretty interesting as well. The next one is going to be on Columbia again, after that, who knows.

Well, he produced two, and I don't think Jacknife is a huge fan of Jimmy Eat World

So it's got to be New Wave by Against Me!, which was a great CD. Thrash Unreal and White People For Peace are great songs.

And so it is. Although i will admit, that i think Jimmy Eat World has their moments, well, at least their earlier stuff.

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
The question regarding their record lable status is pretty interesting as well. The next one is going to be on Columbia again, after that, who knows.

And so it is. Although i will admit, that i think Jimmy Eat World has their moments, well, at least their earlier stuff.

I never liked them. That middle song was kinda alright, but then that future album just made me hate them.

KHWHD
02-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Is this your personal thoughts or is there something you know that you're not telling us?

Outerspaceman21
02-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't see Dexter doing any solo projects. He said in an interview that he had alot of freedom in the Offspring and that he didn't see a need to branch out and do other stuff by himself.

As for renewing a contract, I think it's possible. They've had two number one hits and a lot of success on the label (with several platinum albums and a gold record) and Raf, Rag is having some great success. I don't think they will leave and go to a new label.

Alex101
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
The big question would be "Is The Offspring going to stay on Columbia permanently or find another label?". And exactly, who knows.

Tomasisko
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I think they will stay

Alex101
02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't see Dexter doing any solo projects. He said in an interview that he had alot of freedom in the Offspring and that he didn't see a need to branch out and do other stuff by himself.

As for renewing a contract, I think it's possible. They've had two number one hits and a lot of success on the label (with several platinum albums and a gold record) and Raf, Rag is having some great success. I don't think they will leave and go to a new label.
When Dexter said that he had alot of freedom in the Offspring, did it mean that the band will never break up?

Also, it may be possible that they will renew their contract. For example, Pennywise's been on Epitaph for about 18 years and must have been renewing their contract off and on, which is why they never left that label (although their last one, Reason to Believe, was a Myspace Records release, Epitaph handled its release in Europe). You never know, The Offspring may or may not stay on Columbia permanently.

Outerspaceman21
02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
When Dexter said that he had alot of freedom in the Offspring, did it mean that the band will never break up?

Also, it may be possible that they will renew their contract. For example, Pennywise's been on Epitaph for about 18 years and must have been renewing their contract off and on, which is why they never left that label (although their last one, Reason to Believe, was a Myspace Records release, Epitaph handled its release in Europe). You never know, The Offspring may or may not stay on Columbia permanently.

No, he meant he had a lot of writing freedom in the band, being the primary writing force and all. He didn't see a need to branch and do solo projects.

And yeah, the question is still up in the air, but we're gonna have to wait for a definate answer.

Alex101
02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I think they will stay
What do you mean by that?

Tomasisko
02-08-2009, 01:51 AM
What do you mean by that?

they will stay in Columbia...

Alex101
02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
they will stay in Columbia...
For obvious reasons, they may or may not stay on Columbia permanently. Noodles mentioned a few years ago that they had two more albums for the label. Now that they've done Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, that means they would have one more album for the label. However, they might renew their contract or get a different label. You never know...

Arethusa
02-08-2009, 12:54 PM

i think the same
I don't know..2 more albums, and then a break :(

Alex101
02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
i think the same
I don't know..2 more albums, and then a break :(
and then after a break, hopefully there will be more albums...

Ninty Man
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
and then after a break, hopefully there will be more albums...

mmm... Yeah!

Alex101
02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
mmm... Yeah!
Yeah, more albums would definitely be good...

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 12:07 PM
More albums are good!!!!

Alex101
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
More albums are good!!!!
Definitely... If Dexter decides to keep The Offspring going on until he dies, they should make as many albums Motörhead, they've released about 20 albums throughout their entire career.

Ninty Man
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Definitely... If Dexter decides to keep The Offspring going on until he dies, they should make as many albums Motörhead, they've released about 20 albums throughout their entire career.

MMM... well, that's too sick

Cock Joke
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't want them to change labels. I don't like change. Stick with Columbia.

Mrfreak
02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I hope next album will be "dual disc":D

Alex101
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope next album will be "dual disc":D
If they do make a dual disc for the next album, it should contain a DVD of how they record it.

Hypodermic_89
02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
In all realism, I think The Offspring will change labels at least once, and I also believe that a realistic number of albums to come is around 2-3. I also believe there is a possibility that after their contract with Columbia expires, they will start recording on Nitro Records. (I hope they will)

Alex101
02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
they will start recording on Nitro Records. (I hope they will)
I hope they will too, since Dexter started that label.

IamSam
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Doubt that Nitro can handle them.

Outerspaceman21
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Doubt that Nitro can handle them.

Yeah, I don't know if they would go to Dextar label. Most likely they will sign another contract. They are one of Columbia's best bands (in my opinion) and I don't they would just let them go so easily.

Alex101
02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know if they would go to Dextar label. Most likely they will sign another contract. They are one of Columbia's best bands (in my opinion) and I don't they would just let them go so easily.
Yeah, leaving the label you've been on for a long time is tough. Like for example, Ozzy (as a solo artist) also never left Sony.

Lupin
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Hmmm, i think 50. But expect one or two. RFRG was groovy, and hopefully they keep on going. So many other bands like them seem to have gone on the money making shit train. Despite even its worst critics RFRG was a good album, and made the 'spring more musically led (as opposed to the cheesy songness of yesteryear)

Btw is there any news of a tour this year??? I'v not been on line for 3 months(ish) and its made me very lazy and resentful.

Alex101
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Btw is there any news of a tour this year??? I'v not been on line for 3 months(ish) and its made me very lazy and resentful.
None so far, despite the fact that Noodles mentioned last December that The Offspring would take a break for a month or two.

RedFox
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Emmm i think more of 3 albums, dexter say that... "I love making music, and support of the fans motivates me more and more to make music"

i want 100 more Albums... ^^
but, i think... mmm 5 more...

Alex101
02-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Emmm i think more of 3 albums, dexter say that... "I love making music, and support of the fans motivates me more and more to make music"

i want 100 more Albums... ^^
but, i think... mmm 5 more...
Yeah, a minimum of 3 or 5 albums should be good, but a 100 is way too much.

renato piquette
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
it would be great a remake of the Self Titled or Ignition,they deserve much more credit,songs like I`ll Be Waiting or Kick Him When He`s Down could be great hits

Alex101
02-16-2009, 04:09 PM
it would be great a remake of the Self Titled or Ignition,they deserve much more credit,songs like I`ll Be Waiting or Kick Him When He`s Down could be great hits
If they do, hopefully Pete will drum for it.

renato piquette
02-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah,but still,i´d love ron to come back....

RageAndLov
02-17-2009, 06:02 AM
How do everyone know about the length of the contract between Offspring and Colombia Records? How long is it? Any sources?

Alex101
02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
How do everyone know about the length of the contract between Offspring and Colombia Records? How long is it? Any sources?
Thus far, The Offspring's released 5 studio albums (not counting the Greatest Hits compilation) for Columbia. That means they might end their contract after one more album or may renew it.

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 12:54 PM
The more the merrier.
I expect maybe 2 or 3 more.

Rutegard
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
The more the merrier.
I expect maybe 2 or 3 more.

that many? wow

i except one more..unfortunately! :(

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 01:08 PM
that many? wow

i except one more..unfortunately! :(

Ah, why so pessimistic ;p

Rutegard
02-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Ah, why so pessimistic ;p

i already thought this was their last one LOL

huummm i dunno....at least here in portugal they don't have a very strong fan base, so basically i never thought about them having great sucsses and huge hits in order to produce more records, but who knows?

SK8rocka
02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, if they make atleast 3 more good albums, then i would die happily.
But seriously? I'snt there anyway that we can let the guys know that we want a B Sides album? maybe send a letter or somthing...

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, if they make atleast 3 more good albums, then i would die happily.
But seriously? I'snt there anyway that we can let the guys know that we want a B Sides album? maybe send a letter or somthing...

well, i think it's pretty obvious that every band's fans want their bsides
they're probably keeping them for later (I hope) ;o

and rutey, the offspring is a VERY successful punkrock band ;o

SK8rocka
02-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Well they should do it soon, come'on its cheap, they don't have to work hard and they make more money.

Oh, and Bipolar, The Offspring were an successful band.

Rutegard
02-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Well they should do it soon, come'on its cheap, they don't have to work hard and they make more money.

Oh, and Bipolar, The Offspring were an successful band.

yeah, at least we all agree that they have had better days..

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
they had better days but come on, compared to bad religion, pennywise, nofx, millencolin, and a million bands, they're extremely popular and have a lot of fans, and these bands are still making albums nevertheless.

If they like making albums, they'll continue making some. If they don't, then they won't make any, and that's for the better because I don't want them to do it if they don't want to.

Rutegard
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
they had better days but come on, compared to bad religion, pennywise, nofx, millencolin, and a million bands, they're extremely popular and have a lot of fans, and these bands are still making albums nevertheless.

If they like making albums, they'll continue making some. If they don't, then they won't make any, and that's for the better because I don't want them to do it if they don't want to.

they like doing it

they like!! right?

they will keep going on and on, i wanna take my kid to their concert one day

(did ya hear noodlels, did ya hear?? :P)

Alex101
02-17-2009, 04:21 PM

If they do make a raraties/b-sides album, hopefully "Pass Me By" will see the light of day on that one.

renato piquette
02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
no!!!!we all have the b-sides already,they should remake an old album,or an acoustic one....or a live one,whatever,as long as it isn`t something already recorded.

Alex101
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
no!!!!we all have the b-sides already,they should remake an old album,or an acoustic one....or a live one,whatever,as long as it isn`t something already recorded.
They should also release like a series of live recordings like Pearl Jam does.

Outerspaceman21
02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I would really like a new album. I could give a shit about a live album ir a re-recording. Yay, thats what i want. Shit I already have... just sounds different.

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
They should also release like a series of live recordings like Pearl Jam does.

Yeah, that'd be nice. Hearing the same identical song 100 times which is recorded gets boring at a certain point, when you can predict exactly every single thing in the song. That's why I like live performances, they're awesome. The flaws they have only make them more interesting and realistic.

RageAndLov
02-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Thus far, The Offspring's released 5 studio albums (not counting the Greatest Hits compilation) for Columbia. That means they might end their contract after one more album or may renew it.

So in their contract, it says they have to record six albums?
And from where have you got this information?

jacknife737
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
So in their contract, it says they have to record six albums?
And from where have you got this information?

I can't remember from exactly which interview,but i distinctly remember the band saying that they were under contract with columbia for one more album after RAFRAG.

Alex101
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I can't remember from exactly which interview,but i distinctly remembering the band saying that they were under contract with columbia for one more album after RAFRAG.
Then that means they now have only one more album to make before they decide to either leave on Columbia or renew their contract again.

IamSam
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Then that means they now have only one more album to make before they decide to either leave on Columbia or renew their contract again.

http://healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/captainobvious.jpg

Alex101
02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
http://healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/captainobvious.jpg
What does this have to do with The Offspring?

Thomas
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
*applause*

RageAndLov
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
What does this have to do with The Offspring?

Isn't it obvious?

Alex101
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Isn't it obvious?
About whether they'll leave or renew their contract with Columbia? Sure it is.