PDA

View Full Version : next single

sheltman
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
So the next single and music video will be Kristy Are You Doing Okay, good song but why has Half Truism got no love? Its the best song on the album, well, maybe a solid tie with You're Gonna Go Far Kid. Hope it doesn't get shafted like A Million Miles Away from CO1.

T_immortal
12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
As great a song as it is, for some reason I can't picture it being played on the radio :(. However I have a great idea for a music video:

(One is for envy...)
The guys are playing admist the backdrop of a city, clear skies and shining sun, but then
(Your self liberation...)
Camera cuts to the same scene, but now the city is in ruin and in flames

The director can choose at will how often the transition between the ruined city and the standing city occur, but at the bridge...

(I......won't.....)
Now it shifts to a scene of the band playing at night, for a crowd of thousands of people holding their lighters ablaze high above their heads, and singing along, camera will focus on different individuals one at a time, until...

(You against the world...)
The peoples faces start changing faster and faster, until the final chorus kicks in and the band is back playing in front of the ruined city...

Just my thought :)

Mel_Off
12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
As great a song as it is, for some reason I can't picture it being played on the radio :(. However I have a great idea for a music video:

(One is for envy...)
The guys are playing admist the backdrop of a city, clear skies and shining sun, but then

The director can choose at will how often the transition between the ruined city and the standing city occur, but at the bridge...

(I......won't.....)
Now it shifts to a scene of the band playing at night, for a crowd of thousands of people holding their lighters ablaze high above their heads, and singing along, camera will focus on different individuals one at a time, until...

The peoples faces start changing faster and faster, until the final chorus kicks in and the band is back playing in front of the ruined city...

wow! i like it!! :D

Omni
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Half-Truism is a solid rocker, like Hammerhead. I could see it being radio material, but the two chart-toppers would be Kristy/Nothingtown, imo. I'm actually surprised the only reason Hammerhead was kept from being #1 was Pork and Beans. Surprising it did that well. Stuff is Messed Up would also be good, but I think the censoring would estroy it.

Llamas
12-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I think that, if the Offspring really was seeking a renewal of fame, they would've released Kristy first. It's not one of my favorite songs on the album, but it is such a radio friendly song I can see being huge.

Half Truism would just turn out to do the same as Hammerhead. Both songs are quite Offspringy, and not that that's a bad thing by any means, they'd blend together.

I missed some stuff... but are the singles so far Hammerhead and YGGFK? Or was there another? I'm really glad they released Kid; that's my favorite song on the album.

Omni
12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Thats all thats been released so far, and someone once posted a chart showing Stuff is Messed Up being #10 on the mos requested at KROQ, so it may or may not be getting any airplay, I'm not sure.

But if a video for Kristy is in the making, then it's a pretty safe bet it'll be the third single.

jacknife737
12-04-2008, 01:02 AM
As for the next single, should there be one, i could see either Half-Truism, Nothingtown or Stuff Is Messed Up

I missed some stuff... but are the singles so far Hammerhead and YGGFK? Or was there another? I'm really glad they released Kid; that's my favorite song on the album.

The only two official singles have been Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Stuff Is Messed Up has gotten radio play on a few stations, though. And I agree, it's my favorite too.

Budzy
12-04-2008, 01:18 AM
T_immortal I really like your idea!

I still don't think Kristy will get very far, but everyone else on this board seems to be relatively happy with it, for some reason I just don't really like that song, even though I love Spare Me The Details and WDYGAJ. Will be very interesting with the video, I have a very good feeling the band will appear, thanks to that other thread. Still bummed a bit about YGGFK video, the song is doing amazingly well, if they had put in some real effort with that video who knows where it could have gone from there.

In all honesty, I wouldn't have thought HammerHead was a very good song for radio play, but I was wrong :D. And Half-Truism is more catchy and would appeal more to everyone than what HammerHead does, so I could see it being played on the radio.

But you can't go wrong with Nothingtown.
Good, solid, happy and fun sounding song that is very catchy.
I doubt it would be huge, but it would put in a respectable effort.

Jojan
12-04-2008, 02:54 AM
... like A Million Miles Away from CO1.

It is called Million Miles Away.

KyleW
12-04-2008, 03:11 AM
I still think Half-Truism would do better than Kristy, its just catchier and all round more radio friendly, imo.

Hopefully the video for Kristy will do it some justice.

Omni
12-04-2008, 07:55 AM
T_immortal I really like your idea!

I still don't think Kristy will get very far, but everyone else on this board seems to be relatively happy with it, for some reason I just don't really like that song, even though I love Spare Me The Details and WDYGAJ.

It's not really anything like those two. I think it's more along the lines of Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and people went ga-ga over that song.

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Hopefully the video for Kristy will do it some justice.

just hopefully yeah :=|

somehow im gonna keep some low expectation to this one....

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Im just hoping to see the band this time lol, actually with the last two vids, I'll be happy to just see just Dexter sitting in a room with an acoustic guitar

sheltman
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=T_immortal;1223663]As great a song as it is, for some reason I can't picture it being played on the radio :(. However I have a great idea for a music video:

(One is for envy...)

(I......won't.....)

__________________________________________________ ____________
I like this a lot, I actually had thought of a similar video of the band playing as bombs destroy the city but no one leaving so they can just sit, rock out, and accept death

Smash_Returns
12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I can see a video for Half-Truism.

Like, a music box playing the intro, then, it suddenly stops, and cuts to the band rocking out.

Maybe the 4th single?