PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering... sell outs!

Sell out
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I was just wondering.... does The 'Offspring' read this shit??? I just listoned to the SMASH... and for the first time in my life, I've had the nerve (urge) to mail you guys! (fucking hell, that sounds nerdie!) Fuck you! Smash is cool... it's not a sell out... it's music with well... not well recorded voice... but it's cool.. it really is! begin 90's i saw you at pinkpop... it took me untill 2001 to see you live at pinkpop... which was great! :) BUT songwritenly (is this a word?) my songs are better! BUT the point I want to make... is that You guys are offspring so you ROCK! or SUCK BEcause .... lets be honest this fucking site is such a sellout out... you have to register to say whats on you mind.. fuck you! Today i had a fight with my uni teacher at med school... i pissed off a car driver in front of his fecking kid... and i dont fucking care because im drunk! but lets me honest... you OFFSPRING sold out! this is not what music is about! and its just a big mac... because where have you beeing the last years??? Nirvana died... he understood and felt what HE was about! What about you? You still rock... but I have to put up with this shit! I just went to get another beer ans piss (BTW Mudhoney... Suck you dry just came on) let's me honest yet again... why did you first albums not go main stream... ahhhhh you're not THAT stupid! piss on us! throw water WE don't fucking care... getting bored even mailing this...! I'm going to liston to SMASH, cause welll thats what this mail is all about! I mean: smash is the way you deal with your life...

Rutegard
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
welcome to the forum!

Cock Joke
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
That was a very intelligent statement you just made there.

Ryder1234
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
wow

is it really that difficult to register?

IamSam
12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
You're in med school? I don't want you as a doctor...

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
haha! "how drunk?" is my question.

i think that was my favorite first post ever!

hangovered
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
wow

is it really that difficult to register?

man,it is,you can't imagine how long I've been trying to figure out my nickname!

And welcome Sell out,I'm still trying to get ur point...Well,it's obviously becouse of my bad english...

drummerbecca
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Can you say psy-cho..... ?

Tijs
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I also think that Dexter should commit suicide to prove The Offspring didn't sell out.

F@ BANKZ
12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd like to urge you never to post again, not because you are not brilliant, it's merely that there should be a competition to see who the greatest one-post-wonder of the year is soon.

And, of course, we wouldn't want you to Sell Out now, would we?

Gustavo
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Hmmm... I have some questions.

1. Is it that hard to register on the boards? If so, I didn't know I was a genious, I had no problems to register on it.
2. How drunk were you when you wrote it all?
3. Does anyone have to die to prove that The Offspring didn't sell out so you can die happy?
4. Does the fact of Smash having sold out or not affect the fact that Smash is a f***ing great album?
5. It's not a question, but... Welcome to the boards!
6. Not a question either, but... Very interesting first post.
7. Do you study medicine? If so, I don't want to have you as my doctor.

jacknife737
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I also think that Dexter should commit suicide to prove The Offspring didn't sell out.

Quoted for necessity. Quick, Dexter if you read this, do it for the good of the band's legacy!

hangovered
12-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Don't you think we should commit suecide too? You know,becouse of all those register stuff...

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Dexter DONT COMMIT SUICIDE. RUN AWAY OF YOUR LIMELIGHT AND COME TO LIVE WITH ME. I CAN FEED YOU!

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM

but didn't you know kurt was assassinated by courtney loves hired assassins? he didn't kill himself. :p

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
but didn't you know kurt was assassinated by courtney loves hired assassins? he didn't kill himself. :p

no way!!!!

Jojan
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I can't even read that. Have you heard about the "piece division"?

Rooster
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I was just wondering.... does The 'Offspring' read this shit??? I just listoned to the SMASH... and for the first time in my life, I've had the nerve (urge) to mail you guys! (fucking hell, that sounds nerdie!) Fuck you! Smash is cool... it's not a sell out... it's music with well... not well recorded voice... but it's cool.. it really is! begin 90's i saw you at pinkpop... it took me untill 2001 to see you live at pinkpop... which was great! :) BUT songwritenly (is this a word?) my songs are better! BUT the point I want to make... is that You guys are offspring so you ROCK! or SUCK BEcause .... lets be honest this fucking site is such a sellout out... you have to register to say whats on you mind.. fuck you! Today i had a fight with my uni teacher at med school... i pissed off a car driver in front of his fecking kid... and i dont fucking care because im drunk! but lets me honest... you OFFSPRING sold out! this is not what music is about! and its just a big mac... because where have you beeing the last years??? Nirvana died... he understood and felt what HE was about! What about you? You still rock... but I have to put up with this shit! I just went to get another beer ans piss (BTW Mudhoney... Suck you dry just came on) let's me honest yet again... why did you first albums not go main stream... ahhhhh you're not THAT stupid! piss on us! throw water WE don't fucking care... getting bored even mailing this...! I'm going to liston to SMASH, cause welll thats what this mail is all about! I mean: smash is the way you deal with your life...

D000d, this post is pure gold!

You must have been really drunk while typing your post, i congratulate you for managing to type it while seeing 3,37 computer monitors and no keyboard (because judging by the things you wrote you had been so drunk)...

edit: and don't even try to tell me that Kurt killed himself (or someone else had killed him, it doesn't matter, he's dead either way) so that Nirvana would not be considered a sellout... Kurt understood what he was about, you obviously don't.

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 04:46 PM
no way!!!!

haha. i once had someone argue with me that that was what actually happened. lol :p

Tijs
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
but didn't you know kurt was assassinated by courtney loves hired assassins? he didn't kill himself. :pEither way, in the end I get to wear a T-shirt with Dexter's suicide note on it, right?

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Either way, in the end I get to wear a T-shirt with Dexter's suicide note on it, right?

only if you buy it from the merchandise stands at the candle light vigil.

Camilamazed
12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
It took me a while to understand his point. The point is that there is no point at all.

Gayman
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I just read that through....and it really seemed to me that Tijs has registered here with another screen name and just unloaded his heart!

Omni
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know what the fuck that was about, but I was pissing my drawers when he threw in the bit about the big mac and the fight with his teacher for no reason.

randman21
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM
i don't know what the fuck that was about, but i was pissing my drawers when he threw in the bit about the big mac and the fight with his teacher for no reason.
+1

Llamas
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I don't know... I don't think this guy was that drunk; it reads more like either pure stupidity, or bad trolling. My money is on a combo of the two.

I'm sure one of the rabid posters here would be happy to take the rap in a Courtney Love fashion.

I mean, I really wasn't sure. Did the Offspring sell out because:

1. Smash is a good album?

2. It's hard to register on their bbs?

3. Sell Out writes better music than they do?

4. McDonalds sold out by making Big Macs?

5. The entire band of Nirvana died?

Or is it all of the above?

bighead384
12-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I'd like to urge you never to post again, not because you are not brilliant, it's merely that there should be a competition to see who the greatest one-post-wonder of the year is soon.

And, of course, we wouldn't want you to Sell Out now, would we?

I loled. Is that guy serious?

holland25
12-06-2008, 01:53 AM
to liston

I'm gonna use this word for the rest of my life. And: I didn't get that post. Are you happy or pissed off that they sold out? Welcome to the forums after pretty long and hard way of registering!

dff_punk
12-06-2008, 04:41 AM
After all of this, I fairly do not think that Sell Out will ever have a second post.

holland25
12-06-2008, 05:13 AM
If he listons to us, than not.

Tijs
12-06-2008, 06:08 AM
I just read that through....and it really seemed to me that Tijs has registered here with another screen name and just unloaded his heart!you caught me....fuck you...i did it for kurt he understands??? Offspring ROCK...or SUCK!!! :mad::cool:

Offspring-Junkie
12-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Beeing sell outs and having success are two different things, you know?

Amiralanal
12-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I think this is crazy

ad8
12-06-2008, 07:55 AM
I just love everything about this thread. I'm gonna have 4 beers now and then piss off my parents, run away and kill myself because I even thought of SELLING my money. tru-punX 4 lyyyyyfe. Have listond to me?

_Lost_
12-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I wanna take this thread, frame it, and put it on my wall, because it it THAT awesome!

the_real_potomek
12-06-2008, 08:35 AM
this thread is so funny:D I think Sell out should get some prize for starting it.

Rooster
12-06-2008, 08:49 AM
If he listons to us, than not.

He won't liston to us, he's a tru-punx

Rooster
12-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I wanna take this thread, frame it, and put it on my wall, because it it THAT awesome!

Quick, let us all print-screen every page of this thread... For the memories of the good times :D

Liston to me!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
12-06-2008, 09:21 AM
That was a very intelligent statement you just made there.

QFT...(f**king 10 character sh!t)

holland25
12-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Have listond to me?

Hai, I hath been da first to use dat. Feck off. And you miss the E. It's listonEd.

ThunderPX
12-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Back when I first went to get Smash, I went to the store and they said it was sold out. Obviously, the band are sellouts for releasing Smash!

Rooster
12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Back when I first went to get Smash, I went to the store and they said it was sold out. Obviously, the band are sellouts for releasing Smash!

See, even in stores they tell you that The Offspring sold out, so it MUST be true...

Solution: if you don't buy CDs any more, no band on Earth could sell out. Their albums would stay on the store shelves and therefore wouldn't be "sold out"...

hangovered
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
For now I'm gonna dowlnoad illegaly every album of band I like,especialy Off. For them good.

Bipolar Bear
12-08-2008, 01:26 AM
HAHA this sell out dude kicks ass!

Conspiracyof1000
12-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I should put a link to this thread in my sig or something. It's epic.

dr.vanessa
12-08-2008, 07:31 AM
I was just wondering.... does The 'Offspring' read this shit??? I just listoned to the SMASH... and for the first time in my life, I've had the nerve (urge) to mail you guys! (fucking hell, that sounds nerdie!) Fuck you! Smash is cool... it's not a sell out... it's music with well... not well recorded voice... but it's cool.. it really is! begin 90's i saw you at pinkpop... it took me untill 2001 to see you live at pinkpop... which was great! BUT songwritenly (is this a word?) my songs are better! BUT the point I want to make... is that You guys are offspring so you ROCK! or SUCK BEcause .... lets be honest this fucking site is such a sellout out... you have to register to say whats on you mind.. fuck you! Today i had a fight with my uni teacher at med school... i pissed off a car driver in front of his fecking kid... and i dont fucking care because im drunk! but lets me honest... you OFFSPRING sold out! this is not what music is about! and its just a big mac... because where have you beeing the last years??? Nirvana died... he understood and felt what HE was about! What about you? You still rock... but I have to put up with this shit! I just went to get another beer ans piss (BTW Mudhoney... Suck you dry just came on) let's me honest yet again... why did you first albums not go main stream... ahhhhh you're not THAT stupid! piss on us! throw water WE don't fucking care... getting bored even mailing this...! I'm going to liston to SMASH, cause welll thats what this mail is all about! I mean: smash is the way you deal with your life...

serious psychological problems that became even worse because of alcohol and stupidity over dose...and jealousy over dose LOL:p:eek::rolleyes::D

Rooster
12-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Why on earth did the rating of this thread drop to 4 stars? Vote 5 stars people, now!!!

Blackleave
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM
wow you made me understand what selling out means

Aion
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
are you drunk? O.o
wtf! it's a forum...and it's free...so, cut the crap :P
and if they were sell outs
the contest for the fans to make the official hammerhead video would never been done
they would hired a good director and recorded a higher-budget video and won mtv's this year, or at least been nominated
but they didn't so...
shut the hell up and finish your weed...
xD!

Thomas
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
How the fuck did I overlook this masterfully constructed thread? Jesus, this is beautiful!

ad8
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Hai, I hath been da first to use dat. Feck off. And you miss the E. It's listonEd.

FecK yA! I do What I wANtz!!!1 I'm TRUPUNXxxxx!!!!!1111111one:mad:

holland25
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
FecK yA! I do What I wANtz!!!1 I'm TRUPUNXxxxx!!!!!1111111one:mad:

Me wasn't be talking to you. Speak to my hand, my face ain't listoning.

randman21
12-08-2008, 08:26 PM
My favorite thing is how he listoned to you guys and didn't post again.

_Lost_
12-08-2008, 08:52 PM

if I had a dime for every time someone listoned to me like that... well... i'd have like 30 cents... :cool:

iPunk247
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
THE OFFSPRING = FUCKEN SELLOUTS :mad::mad::mad::mad: NO, WAY! YIKES!

GO SUCK A SHITTY ASS FART YOU TOOL. FEEL FREE TO KICK MY BALLS. xD

Budzy
12-09-2008, 12:52 AM

LOL
You really gotta work on your insults.

RageAndLov
12-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm going to liston to SMASH, cause welll thats what this mail is all about! I mean: smash is the way you deal with your life...

Well obviously you're really smashed up.

randman21
12-09-2008, 04:08 AM

LOL
endless lolz. 'Twas great until the last half of it.

Bipolar Bear
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Me wasn't be talking to you. Speak to my hand, my face ain't listoning.

if I had a dime for every time someone listoned to me like that... well... i'd have like 30 cents... :cool:

Sorry I just can't believe that three people in a row misspelled listen xD

holland25
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
It's because we did it purposely. See the thread starter's post.

Sell out
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I was just wondering.... does The 'Offspring' read this shit??? I just listoned to the SMASH... and for the first time in my life, I've had the nerve (urge) to mail you guys! (fucking hell, that sounds nerdie!) Fuck you! Smash is cool... it's not a sell out... it's music with well... not well recorded voice... but it's cool.. it really is! begin 90's i saw you at pinkpop... it took me untill 2001 to see you live at pinkpop... which was great! BUT songwritenly (is this a word?) my songs are better! BUT the point I want to make... is that You guys are offspring so you ROCK! or SUCK BEcause .... lets be honest this fucking site is such a sellout out... you have to register to say whats on you mind.. fuck you! Today i had a fight with my uni teacher at med school... i pissed off a car driver in front of his fecking kid... and i dont fucking care because im drunk! but lets me honest... you OFFSPRING sold out! this is not what music is about! and its just a big mac... because where have you beeing the last years??? Nirvana died... he understood and felt what HE was about! What about you? You still rock... but I have to put up with this shit! I just went to get another beer ans piss (BTW Mudhoney... Suck you dry just came on) let's me honest yet again... why did you first albums not go main stream... ahhhhh you're not THAT stupid! piss on us! throw water WE don't fucking care... getting bored even mailing this...! I'm going to liston to SMASH, cause welll thats what this mail is all about! I mean: smash is the way you deal with your life...

Oh! So I did write this ‘shit’! ;) Was just checking my history! Btw my hangover has gone! (Just thought you'd like to know!) Well reading my ramblings… I do see my point, obviously you don’t (‘obviously’ is free to interpretation ;)). For the record: I didn’t say it was hard to register (even a drunk can do it!); I said this site (not very rock) was a sellout NOT SMASH (I love this album), post-albums are sellouts (mac’s as I call them, so fecking commercial, give it to me baby!); I never said Nirvana sold out! They wrote music from the heart, and what I mean by that, is it’s not commercial and has personal meaning! And I find that commercial albums don’t!!!

Shall end this with: I love the 'LISTONING' humor! :) And would just like to say that I enjoyed reading the replies, much more entertaining then my drunk message (= Queen is not Queen without Freddy) a while back on the Queen site! Now go fuck yourselves! :p

Little_Miss_1565
12-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Kids, don't do drugs.

SK8rocka
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
jajajajajajaja what the hell

dff_punk
12-09-2008, 05:26 PM
And I thought he will never reply again.. well, shit happens :D

Rooster
12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
The Lord has spoken...

iPunk247
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
LOL

nope. i don't think so. i am my own insult! LOL

iPunk247
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
endless lolz. 'Twas great until the last half of it.

thankies. and i know right! i compliment my own insults thus far as teh human race are concerned! imma lunatic on crack. xD~

_Lost_
12-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh! So I did write this ‘shit’! ;) Was just checking my history! Btw my hangover has gone! (Just thought you'd like to know!) Well reading my ramblings… I do see my point, obviously you don’t (‘obviously’ is free to interpretation ;)). For the record: I didn’t say it was hard to register (even a drunk can do it!); I said this site (not very rock) was a sellout NOT SMASH (I love this album), post-albums are sellouts (mac’s as I call them, so fecking commercial, give it to me baby!); I never said Nirvana sold out! They wrote music from the heart, and what I mean by that, is it’s not commercial and has personal meaning! And I find that commercial albums don’t!!!

Shall end this with: I love the 'LISTONING' humor! :) And would just like to say that I enjoyed reading the replies, much more entertaining then my drunk message (= Queen is not Queen without Freddy) a while back on the Queen site! Now go fuck yourselves! :p

how did i miss this?

(PS just on a side note, I totally love the use of mac. Thats just AWESOME! I may use that in the future. 99% of the people I know that didn't buy them for their intended purpose (i.e. graphic arts, video, and audio editing) hate them.)

(PPS I have a mac. I love my mac. I've been making videos since before youtube, so don't even go there. All of you youtube "video producers" can take it up your trendy butts. Sorry, I'm just a snob like that.)

Bipolar Bear
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Everything this kid writes is pure gold!! Hahaha give me more!

iPunk247
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
sellouts, eh? yikes! what is a '"sell-out"? define a '"sell-out"? methinks that guy in teh telemundo is a total-motherfucken-shitty-fucktarded-tool-asshole
"sell-out"!!

iPunk247
12-16-2008, 11:16 PM
imma shitarted mofo loco but not a trendy sellout asshole. so what yo. xxDD

Cock Joke
12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
"Salad market crisis!?" Once in a blue moon someone comes along with a tag that's just so hysterical! AWESOME!!!

Llamas
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
See, even in stores they tell you that The Offspring sold out, so it MUST be true...

Solution: if you don't buy CDs any more, no band on Earth could sell out. Their albums would stay on the store shelves and therefore wouldn't be "sold out"...

So, I take it you've never tried to buy tickets for a sold out concert, then.

I seriously get so annoyed with people who refer to Apple computer as Macs. Apple is to PC as Mac is to Windows... But I don't see how Apple computers have sold out any more than PCs have. OMG OFF TOPIC.

_Lost_
12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Apple is to PC as Mac is to Windows...

Not true. When Apple came out with the iMac in the late nineties, that became their name. Now you have Macbook, Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, and iMac as the name of the computer and its model, not the software. There hasn't been an Apple computer released in a decade. My dad has an old Apple. My elementary school had apples in the computer lab. So now its Mac is to PC as Mac OS is to Windows.

Llamas
12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
... well it's not like any PC computers are actually named "PC". I have a Toshiba Satellite, but it's still a PC computer. :P

But we really should carry this conversation out of this thread, because it's way off topic.

_Lost_
12-17-2008, 11:07 PM
but this thread didn't really have a topic in the first place... i still can't figure out what the fuck he was saying...

Llamas
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
The Offspring SOLD OUT!!!! Duh? :P

_Lost_
12-17-2008, 11:59 PM
and its just a big mac...
i went back to see if i could figure it out... now i'm just hungry...

Llamas
12-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Eww, big macs are gross.

_Lost_
12-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Eww, big macs are gross.

now u iz totally off topics... sarah is gonna dlt ur postz

Rooster
12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
"Salad market crisis!?" Once in a blue moon someone comes along with a tag that's just so hysterical! AWESOME!!!

Well, that would be mine tag :D

Anyway, back to the topic: The Offspring are sellouts. There's no point in denying it. Saying they're not sellouts is like saying "Oprah was never fat" or "I can live without oxygen"...

_Lost_
12-18-2008, 03:44 PM
i think its hard to say what would qualify them as sellouts. now you'd have to ask them whether or not they did this when they were young, but if they walked around slamming the big money bands for selling out and all that stuff, then they could be called sell outs. But if they didn't do that and always just fantasized about becoming huge and such, then you couldn't call them sell outs, because their original ideals did not mock such a thing.

Llamas
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
I think they sold out, but not in a major way. I don't think it matters a whole lot in their case, because they never preached about being trupunx who would never sell out NO MATTA WUTZ. If you start a band with dreams of becoming rich, I don't care if you sell out. I just tend to not like music that's geared toward radio success as much, so chances are I'll not like the newer music.

Smash_Returns
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes, they've sold out.

But unlike most bands, they still kick ass after selling out.

_Lost_
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
well its whatevuh... I still heart them!

iPunk247
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
well its whatevuh... I still heart them!

:cool: q.f.t :D 10characters