PDA

View Full Version : Rise Against?

SweetTatyana
12-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Does anyone else love Rise Against? I'm seeing them tonight, so excited!! :)

cool 2 hate 681
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
yeah rise against are really good im going to see them on saturday

0r4ng3
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah, they're pretty good. I like how their newest album is simultaneously a step up and a step down from The Sufferer and the Witness. In my opinion, anyway.

Although, I think there's already a thread about them. I'd look for it if I had the patience right now.

SaiKYoU
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
i fucking like the last album, and they're rising in my fav bands ranking

Alison
12-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, they're brill.
Seeing them in February :D

Mike_911
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I guess you are seeing them in Hamilton. I'm going to that show tonight! It is going to be awesome.

Ninty Man
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I like them... any news about a Mexico tour???

Yes, they are good... but I dunno... there's something about them I can't dig in

dff_punk
12-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Their last album takes more listens to get into, imho.

SweetTatyana
12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I guess you are seeing them in Hamilton. I'm going to that show tonight! It is going to be awesome.

Oh wow did you love it or what?? Seeing them live is always amazing because of the passion and stage presence they have, you know they are loving life doing what they are doing.

H1T_That
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, they're awesome. I'm seeing them in february. Do you have a rough idea of what the set list was when you saw them?

Mike_911
12-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh wow did you love it or what?? Seeing them live is always amazing because of the passion and stage presence they have, you know they are loving life doing what they are doing.

they were awesome like always. did you see them back in october? they are always smiling on stage and having a good time. you can tell they don't take it for granted. one of the bands with the most passion out there.

Mike_911
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, they're awesome. I'm seeing them in february. Do you have a rough idea of what the set list was when you saw them?

they played 5 off appeal to reason

most songs from sufferer and the witness

4 from siren song

2 songs from RPM

1 from the unraveling

H1T_That
12-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Looks like a good mix of albums. you got a better idea of individual songs?

SweetTatyana
12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey here is what I remember, I was pretty special by when they came on so I dont remember all

Collapse (Post Amerika)
Re-Education Through Labour
Long Forgotten Sons
Hero of War
Entertainment
Drones
Ready to Fall
Good Left Undone
Survive
Prayer of the Refugee
State of the Union
Give it All
Swing Life Away
Life Less Frightening
Like an Angel

Theres a couple others I cant remember, regardless you wont be disapointed I promise

Free?
12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Unexpectedly many tracks from the last album.

SaiKYoU
12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
fuck, i hope they come here soon... fucking awesome setlist...

H1T_That
12-12-2008, 08:38 AM
What an immense set-list!

IAmARevenant
12-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Rise Against were my favorite band before they released Appeal to Reason.

I always thought they'd be among the only bands to not let mainstream success stifle their creativity.

Oh well.

jacknife737
12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
^ Did you like Suffer and the Witness? Since I always find it odd when i hear people claim that hate the new album, yet loved the rest. Appeal to Reason is more or less a continuation from Suffer.

0r4ng3
12-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, I know a friend of mine preferred The Sufferer and the Witness to Appeal to Reason, because he claimed Reason was missing a certain "thunder" that Sufferer had, whatever that means. Personally, I like 'em both.

jacknife737
12-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I prefer Suffer as well (although i also quite enjoy Appeal to Reason); i just think it seems silly to act as if Appeal to Reason is this huge change for the band, especially after the last two major label releases.

IAmARevenant
12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
^ Did you like Suffer and the Witness? Since I always find it odd when i hear people claim that hate the new album, yet loved the rest. Appeal to Reason is more or less a continuation from Suffer.
No way. Appeal to Reason is a pop/commercial rock album compared to Sufferer.
On Sufferer, it seemed like Rise Against cared deeply about both the music and the message. On Appeal, it's as if they could give a shit about either and are more interested in making money by making songs with "neo-anthem" choruses, without having any real musical edge. In other words, they seem bored and unmotivated to do anything besides making radio-friendly songs.

If Appeal was a continuation from Sufferer, I might've liked it. Or perhaps, if they kept progressing in the same direction as Sufferer and tried to make something masterful out of that. "Collapse (Post-Amerika)" hinted at such a progression, but the rest of the album is a gigantic leap back, into radio-friendly land.

jacknife737
12-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I suppose we're going to agree to disagree. But Suffer and the Witness, and even Counter Culture, are every bit as poppy and radio friendly in my mind (i mean, Swing Life Away,and Prayer of the Refugee... come on). .

bouncingcoles
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
i hated appeal to reason at first but it grew on me. I think their weakest album is sirens of the counter culture. it has a select few good songs but most of them stink like a turd. revolutions per minute is my favorite. they have changed a whole lot since i first saw them in 2003 but at the same time they havent changed.

WerGee
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
i love this band

Ninty Man
12-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I suppose we're going to agree to disagree. But Suffer and the Witness, and even Counter Culture, are every bit as poppy and radio friendly in my mind (i mean, Swing Life Away,and Prayer of the Refugee... come on). .

But they are good songs!

I think that Revolutions is MEH... I don't dislike but there's nothing special on it.

Suffer and witness is a good album, but Siren is pretty good too... Appeal to reason FAILS in the last two songs.

jacknife737
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
But they are good songs!

And i agree; i just think it's ridiculous to claim that Rise Against weren't incredibly poppy sounding in their past albums.

0r4ng3
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Appeal to reason FAILS in the last two songs.
Aww, I like Whereabouts Unknown. But I can definitely see how fans in general wouldn't.

Ninty Man
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
And i agree; i just think it's ridiculous to claim that Rise Against weren't incredibly poppy sounding in their past albums.

MMM... yes, they were I guess... at least more poppier that Offspring -NINTY GOES TO HIDE BEHIND A WALL-

Aww, I like Whereabouts Unknown. But I can definitely see how fans in general wouldn't.

Well, just let's say that after Savior there are fillers... ok?

Audience of one is a song I'm getting anoyed... and fuck them if they release it as a single

IAmARevenant
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Those are one song of each album; we're talking about the whole album here, and as a whole, Appeal to Reason is uninspired radio-ready-rock, wherein Sufferer and Counter Culture, I thought, was truly passionate about both the music and the message.

adombomb222
12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I’ve seen Rise Against every time they’ve played Denver since Warp Tour ’05 I, however, I did not see one of their shows last time they were here, because they played two shows and as punk as I am I didn’t really want to pay twice. I heard that they played a better set the first night, which kind of pissed me off, but nonetheless I had a great time.

Appeal To Reason isn’t their best album but it isn’t bad either. I rather enjoy The Sufferer and The Witness; however, I believe that Counter Culture, Revolutions Per Minute and The Unraveling are their best works. “But Tonight We Dance” off there, This Is Noise, ep is a really great song.

They’ve become one of my favorite bands hands down.

0r4ng3
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
New video for Audience of One.

http://www.punknews.org/article/31952

Pretty good video, but the song is my least favorite from the new album. Here's hoping the next one is of Kotov Syndrome, or Savior, or even Entertainment.

Ninty Man
01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
New video for Audience of One.

http://www.punknews.org/article/31952

Pretty good video, but the song is my least favorite from the new album. Here's hoping the next one is of Kotov Syndrome, or Savior, or even Entertainment.

MMM I doubt kotov will make it to single... but yeah, Savior has a feeling of "infected" from bad religion, at least lirycally, don't you think???

Well... I will see the video, but I personally think they try to hard on their videos

cool 2 hate 681
01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
i think the next single will be hero of war

also i liked this video better then re education through labor

Ninty Man
01-15-2009, 08:44 PM
i think the next single will be hero of war

also i liked this video better then re education through labor

But the song is lamest... and well, hero of war is the lamest song on this album

adombomb222
01-15-2009, 08:53 PM
But the song is lamest... and well, hero of war is the lamest song on this album

True that... You cannot mosh to that song.

jacknife737
01-15-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't really see why everyone is hating on Hero of War.

I mean, i don't particularly like the song, but i don't hate it either. It's no more cliche, or annoying then some of their previous stuff.

Ninty Man
01-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't really see why everyone is hating on Hero of War.

I mean, i don't particularly like the song, but i don't hate it either. It's no more cliche, or annoying then some of their previous stuff.

MMM, yeah I share your opinion. MMM... is not annoying, is just LAAAME, I mean... that refference to the Iraq -or Irak? sorry, how you write it in english?- war is sooo 2004... bah, I hope they don't release it as a single, but this song can be heard...

Yeah, I think the problem is the cliche, sorry

jacknife737
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
I will also say, that i did enjoy the new video.

0r4ng3
01-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Hero of War isn't necessarily about Iraq, it's just about war in general, and the glory (or lack thereof) of being a soldier. I don't think there are direct references to any current events in the song. It's timeless in that sense.

IamSam
01-15-2009, 11:38 PM
I liked it, but it was expected...there were no surprises.

Free?
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Imo Hero Of War - one of the best (if not the best) songs from the last album.
Lyrics are great, it's not another "Swing Life Away" or "Roadside".

Ninty Man
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Imo Hero Of War - one of the best (if not the best) songs from the last album.
Lyrics are great, it's not another "Swing Life Away" or "Roadside".

I keep my position: is too 2004, and well, I tought it was about Iraq- you know, abusing on other person lyrics- but I LOVE swing life away... that's a song I could sing to a girl

Budzy
02-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Seeing them live here soon. March 28th I think. Can't wait, I really like Rise Against but I don't know too much about the band itself, like I know their songs but I couldn't tell you the names of the members off the top of my head or anything. So whats the usual Rise Against set? What are the staples that always get played?

SweetTatyana
02-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey I posted the set list earlier in the thread (I think page 2) of what they played here in December.

Umm yeah if they released Savior I'd be so happy, definitely my favourite off the album with Collapse and Kotov syndrome as well but I dont see either of the latter being released.

To be honest, I LOVE Rise Against but I can see what some people are saying about their newer album, which I also love, but I can see it being a little lighter, little slower than their previous. But I wouldnt say it is to make it more radio friendly becasue Rise Against I feel neevr changed in order to gain popularity and it still seems inspired to me. You must give a band props that it can constantly produce albums of their caliber as quickly as they do.

Alison
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Seeing them in 6 days =D
Cant wait. The set list is pretty awesome too

Outerspaceman21
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Seeing them in 6 days =D
Cant wait. The set list is pretty awesome too

Lucky you. I still haven't seen them live, but I can't wait to see them.

Ninty Man
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey I posted the set list earlier in the thread (I think page 2) of what they played here in December.

Umm yeah if they released Savior I'd be so happy, definitely my favourite off the album with Collapse and Kotov syndrome as well but I dont see either of the latter being released.

To be honest, I LOVE Rise Against but I can see what some people are saying about their newer album, which I also love, but I can see it being a little lighter, little slower than their previous. But I wouldnt say it is to make it more radio friendly becasue Rise Against I feel neevr changed in order to gain popularity and it still seems inspired to me. You must give a band props that it can constantly produce albums of their caliber as quickly as they do.

Well... yeah... I really liked appeal to reason -I can listen the whole album XD-

Any news of them in Mexico?

Budzy
02-14-2009, 04:49 AM

Thanks a lot! That's a good set, hopefully Saviour will be played because it's my favourite of theres aswell, along with Injection, From Heads Unworthy and Rumors Of My Demise Have been Great Exaggerated.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-14-2009, 05:22 AM
Hero of War is the only song I skip on their new album. I really don't like it.

Outerspaceman21
02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I think Hero of War is a good song. Don't really listen to it that much, though. My favorite song on the album is the last song, Whereabout Unknown, but I also love Savior, Entertainment, and The Dirt Whispered.

Alison
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Saw them the night before last:D
They were fucking amazing. And we got a few extra songs thrown in too, unlike the gigs so far. Unfortunately we didnt get Anti-Flag as a support, just two local Dublin bands, The Demise and Paranoid Visions.
Here's some pics that I took:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30489859@N05/sets/72157614251938600/detail/

SweetTatyana
02-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Saw them the night before last:D
They were fucking amazing. And we got a few extra songs thrown in too, unlike the gigs so far. Unfortunately we didnt get Anti-Flag as a support, just two local Dublin bands, The Demise and Paranoid Visions.
Here's some pics that I took:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30489859@N05/sets/72157614251938600/detail/

Its funny because long ago my brother saw Rise Against open for Anti-flag and now there has been a number of tours where Anti-flag is opening for RA

zsk
02-22-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36634

SweetTatyana
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I heard Saviour on the radio yesterday!! Anyone know if it is going to be a single? I personally think it has single material written all over it.

cool 2 hate 681
06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I heard Saviour on the radio yesterday!! Anyone know if it is going to be a single? I personally think it has single material written all over it.

yeah it is the 4th single :)

tayluhhx3
07-21-2009, 06:12 PM
i absolutely love everything RA does. they are one of my favorite bands, and none-the-less they are from chicago which makes them even more rad. :D

lucys_bad_habit
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
i like them...n my fav song is Dancing for rain...hope ill see them one day :)

SweetTatyana
07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
i like them...n my fav song is Dancing for rain...hope ill see them one day :)

You probably will they tour like crazy! I love their shows :D

Outerspaceman21
07-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Hope they come by my town.

zsk
08-21-2009, 11:56 AM
wanna see Rise against live broadvasted on the inet?
http://kunden.wundermedia.de/livedome/player/121/vz.de/

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2009, 12:17 PM
wanna see Rise against live broadvasted on the inet?
http://kunden.wundermedia.de/livedome/player/121/vz.de/

that link takes me to the music video for hero of war

zsk
08-21-2009, 12:23 PM
that link takes me to the music video for hero of war

i know it startes in a few minutes!

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
ok thanks for the link :)

are you recording the webcast zsk?

zsk
08-21-2009, 03:04 PM
the audio,so the mp3s

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
here is what i recorded :)

part 1 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yengkzorxig
part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z2ymgddzhdz
part 3 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjmz4jqgzao
part 4 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ifl2z4hznvt

dexter12296566
08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
I saw them in concert on February 22, 2007 in Manchester.

SweetTatyana
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
New RA song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yuJtl-ZvoU
It is great!! :)

RODNEYMULLEN
10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
New RA song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yuJtl-ZvoU
It is great!! :)

yeah man, thats been out for a while now.

SweetTatyana
10-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Really? Its so late in Canada, I called my radio station to request it and they said that Rise Against new song was Saviour lol

So do you know any chance of there being a new record soon?