PDA

View Full Version : Does TO Hates GD

zsk
12-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I read s.th. that offspring hates green day,is this true???
and i saw this one:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=UoObyKBKDqw
so i want to know wether they hate gd

Tijs
12-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure Noodles likes them. He said that Billy Joe is a great guy too.

Jesus
12-10-2008, 09:00 AM
No they don't, Noodles in fact loves them.

zsk
12-10-2008, 09:11 AM
OK!;)
thanks for answering,but i wnat to know when and where did noodles say this?

Gustavo
12-10-2008, 09:13 AM
When The Offspring was in Brazil back in 2004. Noodles said something about liking Green Day to MTV Brasil, I've looked for it but I haven't found it. Does anyone else have it?
And also, when Green Day was in Brazil in 1998, Billie Joe, MTV Brasil asked him if The Offspring and another band... Rancid agains... MTV asked him if he thought that these bands were punk rock, he (Billie) just laughed.

Free?
12-10-2008, 09:48 AM
TO is a great way to shorten The Offspring >]

Biggest offspring fan
12-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Im pretty sure that they hate each other, anyway i hate them.

DexterWannabe
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Is anybodys life depending on whether Green Day hates or loves The Offspring or vice versa?

Jojan
12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
It's clear that Noodles is joking and just throwing in that "fucked up" part only to make things funnier, as swear words allways do. Anyway, they don't even play a Green Day song. So why would you not ask if the band hate's "It'll Be a Long Time"?

RonWelty
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Of course. Dexter really hates them. IF you read that LA TIMES' article: "there are two words you can't say to Dexter: American and Idiot"

I think it's obvious.

EDIT: Dexter told me this:

"Of course I don't hate them. I love Billie Joe. He is so cute. Why can't I like the worst and most stupid band in the world?
I'm Ghandi, some friends says. I'm used to like weird people. Even if it's the world greatest bastard in the world. But come on! Don't say I hate him. It's bad for my social status."

F@ BANKZ
12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
TO is a great way to shorten The Offspring >]

I don't know what's worse, the abbreviation, or everything else that's wrong with the world.

Rutegard
12-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know what's worse, the abbreviation, or everything else that's wrong with the world.

huummm id say the fact that we cant reach the end of a rainbow is BY FAR the worse thing! EVER!

F@ BANKZ
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
huummm id say the fact that we cant reach the end of a rainbow is BY FAR the worse thing! EVER!

Actually, once in primary school a rainbow ended in our yard, we all ran under it, and the stupid children started to dig underneath it. It was amazing really.

Redjie
12-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd say my illness is far worst.
Then again. who cares? I love both bands *hides before anyone throws something* and I don't care. Let them hate each others. OR let them love each others. It's their fucking problemo :p

Joyce
12-11-2008, 02:07 AM
I think they don't hate GD.
I like both bands too.
Ok, I prefer The Offspring to Green Day, but i don't compare their music.
Anyway i can't wait the new GD album, which is being made :D

Jesus
12-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Of course. Dexter really hates them. IF you read that LA TIMES' article: "there are two words you can't say to Dexter: American and Idiot"

I think it's obvious.

That has little to do with hating, it's that he knew the success of American Idiot would put pressure on him to make something equally successful. Because people would obviously compare it, so he was prolly tired of people mentioning it...

I really don't understand where the meme that both bands dislike each other comes from, but my guess it comes from a bunch of 15 year old fans of the bands in the 90s who needed something moronic to rebel against.

Both bands do sometimes make sarcastic comments towards each other, but that's just humor. Same like in the video from Glastonbury. I don't understand how someone can't see that Noodles was joking... then again zsk is from Germany which is well known for it's sense of humor ;).

jacknife737
12-11-2008, 02:43 AM
^ Praise the Lord.

Seriously kids, it's time to stop this meme that the band's dislike each other. I doubt they're good buddies, but there is nothing to indicate that there is an active hatred between the two bands. As others have mentioned, the band at times have even indicated that they enjoy Green Day's music.

KyleW
12-11-2008, 05:13 AM
I love how I understood that TO meant The Offspring but I had to open the thread before I realised GD meant Green Day

RonWelty
12-11-2008, 06:03 AM
That has little to do with hating, it's that he knew the success of American Idiot would put pressure on him to make something equally successful. Because people would obviously compare it, so he was prolly tired of people mentioning it...

I really don't understand where the meme that both bands dislike each other comes from, but my guess it comes from a bunch of 15 year old fans of the bands in the 90s who needed something moronic to rebel against.

Both bands do sometimes make sarcastic comments towards each other, but that's just humor. Same like in the video from Glastonbury. I don't understand how someone can't see that Noodles was joking... then again zsk is from Germany which is well known for it's sense of humor ;).in the REAL world there is competition... You compete for jobs, girls/boys, awards etc. Sport clubs have competition between them. Enterprises of the same kind of product have competition between them. BANDS, that in this specific case, are in the same genre, pop up in the same year, are always compared, and in our case, the offspring are seen in a minor way when compared to mainstream status of GD, compete with each other. It's natural. They may not HATE GD. Okay. But they DONT LIKE THEM. Don't fool yourself.

Alex101
12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
How could The Offspring actually hate Green Day, since both bands were successful at the same time in '94?

randman21
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
^Errr, that would make them the very definition of rivals, and rivals generally don't like each other. I can't say that they hate Green Day, but they undoubtedly disliked the fact that they were making themselves the poster boys of punk, when The Offspring apparently didn't want to do that.

malibu43
12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Sometimes it sounds like everyone on this forum is in the 7th grade.

Stylie
12-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Actually, once in primary school a rainbow ended in our yard, we all ran under it, and the stupid children started to dig underneath it. It was amazing really.

Hahah, that was actually a bit funny. ^^

jacknife737
12-12-2008, 05:23 PM
^Errr, that would make them the very definition of rivals, and rivals generally don't like each other.

Not really, this notion of a "rivalry" seems nothing more then something created by the media and fans of the band. I've never heard anything by the band that indicates they view Green Day as competition. Yes there was that LA Times article where Dexter mentioned that he was getting sick of American Idiot, but I'm a Green Day fan, and so was I.

randman21
12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that. I was basically pointing out that the answer of HOW they could possibly hate GD is within his same sentence. I see their music as vastly different, so you're right, I don't imagine they were even competing for the exact same fans. Maybe I like to play devil's advocate too much, seeing as I don't know if they hate them and I don't care. And I don't think they do.

(btw, just in case this means anything to anyone, I'm also a Green Day fan.)

Blastero
12-12-2008, 07:49 PM
in the REAL world there is competition... You compete for jobs, girls/boys, awards etc. Sport clubs have competition between them. Enterprises of the same kind of product have competition between them. BANDS, that in this specific case, are in the same genre, pop up in the same year, are always compared, and in our case, the offspring are seen in a minor way when compared to mainstream status of GD, compete with each other. It's natural. They may not HATE GD. Okay. But they DONT LIKE THEM. Don't fool yourself. Yes, because in the real world of mature adults, everyone has a two-demensional personality that consists primarily of whether or not he or she has "sold out", personalities so lacking in substance, it's almost as if band fans on a message board can uncover personal feelings and mindsets with absolute certainty by reading interviews with MTV and watching YouTube.

The Offspring aren't cartoon characters people, and neither is Green Day. You do not know Dexter Holland on a personal level. I repeat you do not, and will never know Dexter Holland on a personal level.

hangovered
12-12-2008, 11:41 PM
I repeat you do not, and will never know Dexter Holland on a personal level.

You are killing my dreams. I'm gonna get depressed.

You know, GD is more popular than TO. But I don't think the conflict yoy're talking aboutis serious...I mean,offcourse they cempete, but hating? I don't think so.

RonWelty
12-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Yes, because in the real world of mature adults, everyone has a two-demensional personality that consists primarily of whether or not he or she has "sold out", personalities so lacking in substance, it's almost as if band fans on a message board can uncover personal feelings and mindsets with absolute certainty by reading interviews with MTV and watching YouTube.

The Offspring aren't cartoon characters people, and neither is Green Day. You do not know Dexter Holland on a personal level. I repeat you do not, and will never know Dexter Holland on a personal level.

that's why you will be no one in real life. That's life. You may live on a irreal world, but if you would achieve that level where they are you'll understand. But you'll never hit that so...
What the fuck do you know about social relationships? What the fuck do you know about our mind deepest areas? What the fuck do you know about personality? So shut the fuck up, okay?
And I will not die if i never meet Mr. Holland. Huck it. I know more important people that really do important and are important in real world.

RonWelty
12-13-2008, 04:41 AM
^Errr, that would make them the very definition of rivals, and rivals generally don't like each other. I can't say that they hate Green Day, but they undoubtedly disliked the fact that they were making themselves the poster boys of punk, when The Offspring apparently didn't want to do that.

AMEN! someone Hit that. Of course they're rivals. Music business is , just look at the word, BUSINESS. TO and GD are two brands that compete. almost, for the same target. Of course they don't like each other. MICROSOFT doesn«t like APPLE or GOOGLE. Coca-Cola does not like PEPSI. And many bands have too these issues. No doubt and TO get along fine because they«re true friends. But TO and GD have no, at least known, friendship bond.

zsk
12-13-2008, 06:25 AM

Both bands do sometimes make sarcastic comments towards each other, but that's just humor. Same like in the video from Glastonbury. I don't understand how someone can't see that Noodles was joking... then again zsk is from Germany which is well known for it's sense of humor ;).

that's right we don't have humor:D
hmm many people thing so,
but look at him:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=04NLEIL9ods
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=oIIfwzzZV_c
hope you understand;)

Blastero
12-13-2008, 07:40 AM
that's why you will be no one in real life. That's life. You may live on a irreal world, but if you would achieve that level where they are you'll understand. But you'll never hit that so...
What the fuck do you know about social relationships? What the fuck do you know about our mind deepest areas? What the fuck do you know about personality? So shut the fuck up, okay?
And I will not die if i never meet Mr. Holland. Huck it. I know more important people that really do important and are important in real world. I'm afraid I must answer your numerous questions with another: What the fuck do you know about the deepest areas of the mind of Dexter Holland? You aren't coming off as having life skills or being mature by simply relating "the real world" to everything brutal and unsavory.

I know most people on this board think that it's "cool" to like one band and brutally bash the other. Unfortunately for you, the Offspring and Green Day are grown adults. They have lives. Believe it or not, what you see of them on MTV or in AP interviews and whatnot is probably an astronomically small aspect of them. And by the way, they have better things to do than fester childish hatreds for other bands simply because they exist.

And on knowing Dexter Holland personally, I apologize, but I must inform you that one of the following events will occur first, rendering the formation of said personal bond impossible:

Your death.

Dexter Holland's death.

The Rapture.

Nuclear Holocaust.

Second Ice Age.

Deadly Meteor Shower.

Alien Invasion.

Joyce
12-13-2008, 07:48 AM
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/mxmx02/OG.jpg

a topical picture :D

randman21
12-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Alien Invasion.
Heh, I read that as Allen Iverson.

Anyway, why are you so intent on being the voice of reason. We all know that we're not going to become chummy with Dexter or the guys, and that the Offspring/Green Day "rivalry" means nothing in the grand scheme of life. It's just discussion, which is what tends to happen on discussion boards :P

Free?
12-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Some people here are too passionate :) You haven't met each other, you haven't asked the band personally about the subject, imo, you can't be 100% sure in your opinions. No need to start a war just because you think that you're very right and your opponent is very wrong.

RonWelty
12-13-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm afraid I must answer your numerous questions with another: What the fuck do you know about the deepest areas of the mind of Dexter Holland? You aren't coming off as having life skills or being mature by simply relating "the real world" to everything brutal and unsavory.

I know most people on this board think that it's "cool" to like one band and brutally bash the other. Unfortunately for you, the Offspring and Green Day are grown adults. They have lives. Believe it or not, what you see of them on MTV or in AP interviews and whatnot is probably an astronomically small aspect of them. And by the way, they have better things to do than fester childish hatreds for other bands simply because they exist.

And on knowing Dexter Holland personally, I apologize, but I must inform you that one of the following events will occur first, rendering the formation of said personal bond impossible:

Your death.

Dexter Holland's death.

The Rapture.

Nuclear Holocaust.

Second Ice Age.

Deadly Meteor Shower.

Alien Invasion.

You are too stupid to be taken seriously. Have a nice life sir.

Blastero
12-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Edit: This is a waste of time. I'm done.

findout5
12-13-2008, 11:44 AM
This thread is kinda insane!
And NO, TO does not hate GD.
Dexter doesn't really like Bruce Springsteen tough! And he does hate Creed!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
12-13-2008, 11:50 AM
They used to be good, nothig special, but good, and now look at them today: FAGGOTS!

dff_punk
12-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I think this topic has been discussed fucking way too much. Get over it people.

hangovered
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I think you guys fighting becouse you don't understand each other. Offcourse I don't know you so that's just guessing:p
One of you is saying about competing and the other about hating each other personally. Those are two different things. Am I wrong?