PDA

View Full Version : Pirates in Africa

zsk
12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
What do you think about the problem of the pirates on the coast of africa???
german troops are now allowed to fight against them....

wheelchairman
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
But they don't stand a chance! Wooden ships and cannons vs. Nazis? That's crazy!

sKratch
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
It's in arrrr best interest to make them all walk the plank!

bighead384
12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I wonder if the general public doesn't look at this problem with the seriousness it should simply because it's hard to take "pirates" seriously. Compared to say "terrorists". Hearing about Pirates just makes me think of Johnny Deep or an annoying 16 year talking about Pirates vs. Ninjas.

ad8
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I hope that the situation will calm down soon. I think the military can handle it, but the problem has been pretty underrated before.

HornyPope
12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Pirates arrrr like the most classic villains in history. There exist famous stories about how Pompey chased them from the Mediterranean in the 1st century BC.

Presently, I wish somebody had built a task force against pirates and then hunted them down wherever they were present and recorded some encounter to later broadcast online. That would be fucking cool.

wheelchairman
12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Pirates arrrr like the most classic villains in history. There exist famous stories about how Pompey chased them from the Mediterranean in the 1st century BC.

Well must've sucked for Pompey when the pirates realized the secret to controlling Volcanoes. Like some kind of ancient Bond villain.

Thomas
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder if the general public doesn't look at this problem with the seriousness it should simply because it's hard to take "pirates" seriously. Compared to say "terrorists". Hearing about Pirates just makes me think of Johnny Deep or an annoying 16 year talking about Pirates vs. Ninjas.

One of my friend's bands (who are quite popular in town) have a song called Pirates Versus Ninjas and they think its the most clever thing ever. I bought their cd. It's basically one giant facepalm.

IamSam
12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
It will continue to be a bad situation over there seeing that Somalia hasn't had a government since the early 90s.

pyrimid
12-13-2008, 12:06 AM
What do you think about the problem of the pirates on the coast of africa???
german troops are now allowed to fight against them....

Pirates have been a problem that has plagued civilization since we took to the waters, like terrorists they only care about their ideals, and their ideals just happen to be money. Money they will use to buy more arms for the civil wars in their home countries. Unfortunately the lure of easy money has made this a very lucrative business. The problem that we have coming is privateers, Black Water International has been in talks with many governments to provide security for these shipping companies and governments with out the naval power to guard their own ships.

This all sounds cool, but it happened once before. I believe it was in the 1600s it started that the English, French, Dutch and others hired private ships and companies to remove pirates from the shipping lanes and trade routes. This worked so well that the privateers started charging foreign ships for safe passage and if they did not pay they would loot the ship them selves. Even Captain Blackbeard started out working for the king then turned to piracy.

Who is to say that the same will not happen with Black Water, and some of their other security companies that are springing up everyday?

jacknife737
12-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Apparently there are already some private security firms on board ships in the regions (ie, http://apmss.co.uk/ for example of a company); however private initiatives won't be enough to stop piracy. There needs to be a coordinated international effort amongst maritime nations to ensure the safety of the world's shipping lanes.

IamSam
12-13-2008, 01:13 AM
There needs to be a coordinated international effort amongst maritime nations to ensure the safety of the world's shipping lanes.

Exactly.

Nuke Somalia.

zsk
12-14-2008, 03:12 AM
But they don't stand a chance! Wooden ships and cannons vs. Nazis? That's crazy!

if you call a german nazi it could be that you have a broken nose after that...
so that's just a little hint

sKratch
12-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow Per I think he just told you you have a big Jew nose.

HornyPope
12-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Now what's wrong with that?

lexs
12-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Well must've sucked for Pompey when the pirates released the secret to controlling Volcanoes. Like some kind of ancient Bond villain.
)))
that s why today nobody wants to wipe Somalia nor Yemen coast of these bastards.

wheelchairman
12-16-2008, 03:17 AM

Now what's wrong with that?

And I guess you could say my favorite race is the Germans...
(nazis)

zsk
12-16-2008, 06:14 AM
And I guess you could say my favorite race is the Germans...
(nazis)

no there's only one race:the humanity!
there are only nations
and germans are very damageable about calling s.o. nazi
so if you call a german a nazi,he'll bang you away for sure
i could say the french are bonapartists,too but this doesn't make sense!
so don't call anyone nazi

wheelchairman
12-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Ahh! Please stop yelling at me you fascist!

Bipolar Bear
12-16-2008, 08:40 AM
When I grow up I want To Be a FUCKING pirate!

IamSam
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Ahh! Please stop yelling at me you fascist!

I see what you did there. Kudos.

zsk
12-18-2008, 07:25 AM
he calls me a fascist only because i'm german?
so HE IS the fascist

wheelchairman
12-18-2008, 08:50 AM
holy crap a German called me a fascist.

You know it wasn't the Danes who occupied Denmark during WW2. It was the German Nazis!

lexs
12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
holy crap a German called me a fascist.

You know it wasn't the Danes who occupied Denmark during WW2. It was the German Nazis!

it may be smthing like freedom of expression.

metalmania
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
its so easy!capitalist countries did exploit their goldens for 2 hundred years!and they re trying to exploit their moneys ,they re thinking that "hey queue of attack in us now :p