PDA

View Full Version : W Axl Rose registers on GNR forums as "Dexter" discusses meaning behind the name

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Last night W. Axl Rose shocked fans and registered on several Guns N Roses message boards as Dexter. A fan asked him about the name:

I posted the entire question and answer in the GNR thread on the other bands forum here.
http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942&page=8

fan--
Jarmo, do you know the reason behind the name Dexter? Is he a fan of the show (on Showtime)? Just curious...No need to reply if the reason is deemed private/personal.
could be because of the guy from The Offspring, too... but I'd rather it be the TV show.

Axl--
The show and my cat named after the show, she's a methodical killer.

This is legit , there are links to the story on Blabbermouth:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110709

dff_punk
12-12-2008, 08:57 AM
*insert obligatory Chinese Democracy/Offspring reference*

...anyhoo, it is really interesting to hear.

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 09:00 AM
More than interesting. Here is a guy who released the most anticipated album of all time, Chinese Democracy,then says Fuck-all to promote it, then shows up in a GNR forum at 1AM and talks to fans for hours.

Tijs
12-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I think Axl Rose is way awesome.

But let me get this straight because I don't think I get it. Did Axl Rose register at those fan messageboards with the username 'Dexter'?

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I think Axl Rose is way awesome.

But let me get this straight because I don't think I get it. Did Axl Rose register at those fan messageboards with the username 'Dexter'?

Yes, click on the link in the thread in my first post. I posted all of Axl's answers. He picked Dexter because it is a TV show name here not for our Dex. Anyway, the guy who asked him about it mentioned Dexter Holland and asked if it was because of him. Axl fucking rules.
Where the hell is Cock Joke?!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
There is no person in the music that i hate mor than Axl Pose...I just hate him, don't let him steal our Dexter's name :p

Little_Miss_1565
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
It was freezing cold and raining uncontrollably last night. I listened to "November Rain" three times. \m/ He has a cat named Dexter and this makes me LOL.

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 09:26 AM
There is no person in the music that i hate mor than Axl Pose...I just hate him, don't let him steal our Dexter's name :p

i don't really like him that much to be honest...

Free?
12-12-2008, 09:32 AM
If there is no connection to our Dexter, then GOD isn't quite right place for this interesting thread. :>

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
If there is no connection to our Dexter, then GOD isn't quite right place for this interesting thread. :>

The connection is that someone asked about Dex. I only posted that question/answer here and the rest in the GNR thread. Plus LM1565 posted in here and she didn't move it, so I think it is gonna stay.

Axl is the man for not talking to the media but he shows up at 1 am to talk to his fans.

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Axl is the man for not talking to the media but he shows up at 1 am to talk to his fans.

well, i wish dex and noods could do the same

Free?
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM

And come on boards under "Axl" nickname. :]

The connection is that someone asked about Dex. I only posted that question/answer here and the rest in the GNR thread. Plus LM1565 posted in here and she didn't move it, so I think it is gonna stay.

I still think that some fan mentioning Dexter Holland and Axl didn't say anything about him is not good enough connection. Just my thoughts, not trying to bitch around, I like this thread and that interview thing you posted in Other Bands. :)

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM

The difference is, Dex and Noodles have talked to their fans and they give TONS of interviews. Axl barely speaks to the media. So, him speaking at all is an event, let alone to fans at 1 am with no notice.

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
And come on boards under "Axl" nickname. :]

:-) that too that too

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 09:46 AM
The difference is, Dex and Noodles have talked to their fans and they give TONS of interviews. Axl barely speaks to the media. So, him speaking at all is an event, let alone to fans at 1 am with no notice.

huumm something got into him?...or maybe he was just drunk and wanted to have some fun, to see who was online!

hangovered
12-12-2008, 09:58 AM
I love calling Dexter "our Dex":) it's like possessing him:D I know,I know,it's about loving him;)

drummerbecca
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM

Amen to that. I can't stand the guy. I bet there is no person in the world that Axl Rose loves more than Axl Rose.

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Amen to that. I can't stand the guy. I bet there is no person in the world that Axl Rose loves more than Axl Rose.

What is your beef with Axl? if you don't like his voice I get that, it is an acquired taste even though Guns have sold 90 million albums.

He obviously cares for his fans as he spoke to them rather than the press last night. He does charity work that he doesn't publicize as well so I'd say he doesn't just care for himself.

Thomas
12-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I still think he's a douche-bag. In this case, a rather funny douche-bag, but a douche-bag nonetheless...

Free?
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Speaking of his vocals on Chinese Democracy. They're the main reason why I removed that album from my playlist. When I hear Axl's high notes over and over again I can't be helped but get annoyed. :( Other than that, I like the record, those guitar solos are refreshing.
EDIT: Oh lol, now it's me who posted something in wrong place :|.

one hundred punks
12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Speaking of his vocals on Chinese Democracy. They're the main reason why I removed that album from my playlist. When I hear Axl's high notes over and over again I can't be helped but get annoyed. :( Other than that, I like the record, those guitar solos are refreshing.

His vocals are amazing. High,low, he has a range that very few singers have.Buckethead is a sick guitarist. Removed from your playlist? So did you buy the album or steal it, I am confused?

Free?
12-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Downloaded, or stole, as you prefer. :) But even when I buy any albums, I listen them on pc, either download or copy songs on hard drive. So Chinese Democracy didn't get any special treatment, just like the rest.
And to my ear there are just too many places where he sings high (I'd prefer if there would be more mid-low vocals), I don't mind him singing high or low at all.

mrconeman
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
His vocals are amazing. High,low, he has a range that very few singers have.Buckethead is a sick guitarist. Removed from your playlist? So did you buy the album or steal it, I am confused?

Jesus you're annoying when it comes to this topic. You're unhealthily obbsessed with Axl Rose.

cool 2 hate 681
12-12-2008, 11:03 AM
wow that was really cool of axl to talk to his fans and answer any question they threw at him

Offspring-Junkie
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I didn't hear the new songs (except of maybe "oh my god", but that's not new at all). I have nothing against Axl Rose, I like him as a singer.

bouncingcoles
12-13-2008, 07:19 AM
axl rose is about as cool as aids

the Mota Boy
12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
I don't know Axl. Never met him. But my dad knows people who went to school with him. Says it was easier passing calculus than going through a school day without wanting to beat the sh*t outta him. Supposedly... he was an ass. But that's all personal opinion and I never met him. Just thought it was interesting.

holland25
12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
You snooze, you lose.

findout5
12-14-2008, 05:32 AM
If Axl pissed of Dexter Morgan, he'd be dead :p

SweetTatyana
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
yaya not the biggest GnR fan but man you know him going on to talk to some fans probably made their life, thats so cool of him.

findout5
12-15-2008, 05:59 AM
yaya not the biggest GnR fan but man you know him going on to talk to some fans probably made their life, thats so cool of him.

Yeah..perhaps he can cancel shows and walk offstage more often - he's been disappointing fans for years!