PDA

View Full Version : My Trust In You Cover

Living in Chaos
12-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Hey all,
this week I felt inspired to work on, as my first holiday project, my own cover of The Offspring's Trust In You.

You can find the instrumental of it here: www.myspace.com/taylorpinemusicproject

It is the 3rd one down.

It's my first recording at my home studio. It still needs fixing, mixing, levels adjusted and all that, but I think it sounds pretty cool :)

Let me know what you think, opinions, all of that stuff :)

I'll be recording vocals sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Free?
12-13-2008, 09:27 AM
There are small yet noticeable rhythm/timing screw ups, but when I hear the chorus part the image of Noodles in the studio appears before me and blesses me with love to that song. And the solo bridge was funny to listen :).

Living in Chaos
12-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Haha yeah, its the bass guitar, for some reason I seem to have trouble playing it. I'll have to fix it up, theres a bit where i notice that it's way out of time.

And ahhh yes, the solo section, I'm alright with the second part of the solo, but with the first part, the bit that slides up and down, I just can't seem to master it.

I'm gonna do a bit more mixing hopefully tonight, last night I put some EQ and stuff on the guitar, but I'm not sure I like how it sounds, so we'll see how i can get it to sound. Thanks for the comments Free? :)

come out swinging
12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
i would change the amp setting. have it more of an offspring sound.

FellDrake
12-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Haha yeah, its the bass guitar, for some reason I seem to have trouble playing it. I'll have to fix it up, theres a bit where i notice that it's way out of time.

Sorry, but no, it's not the bass-guitar that's out of time, it's the whole guitar-part ;)
The sound is quite good, but you should cut the high frequencies in the bass sound and add more lower punch to get a grooving basis.
I guess the drums are sampled?

dff_punk
12-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice, what drum machine have you used? I would like to find a good one.

zsk
12-17-2008, 07:25 AM

And ahhh yes, the solo section, I'm alright with the second part of the solo, but with the first part, the bit that slides up and down, I just can't seem to master it.

I'm gonna do a bit more mixing hopefully tonight, last night I put some EQ and stuff on the guitar, but I'm not sure I like how it sounds, so we'll see how i can get it to sound. Thanks for the comments Free? :)

hmm it sounds like it's skipped...(the guitar)

RobinoZombie
12-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Good job in general but the Guitar sounds to "choppy" and in the small breaks in the Verse its not to tight.

interesting and good though!:)

Living in Chaos
12-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry, but no, it's not the bass-guitar that's out of time, it's the whole guitar-part ;)
The sound is quite good, but you should cut the high frequencies in the bass sound and add more lower punch to get a grooving basis.
I guess the drums are sampled?

Actually, yes, it is the bass guitar. You listen to it in the second chorus, and tell me it's not out of time with everything lol but yeah, just a rough version, getting a feel for the program and stuff. I listen to the whole thing now, and I think it sounds like shit, haha I was just excited when I first had done it, but now after a couple of days, YUCK :P

Thanks for the comments everyone, I will attempt to re-record some bits, and re-eq others, but that will take a while as I have no days off work leading up to Christmas, and then my band goes into the studio in my city in January.