PDA

View Full Version : Opening Bands for tours

findout5
12-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Hey, let's do a thread where we say what tour we might see (like Europe, USA, Japan, South America) and what band we'd like to see open up for The Offspring.

Try to be realistic, though - like naming bands that still exist and that are promoting records at the moment. Maybe the band might see this and get ideias :p

Anyway,

Europe. The Living End.

You?

ThunderPX
12-14-2008, 06:17 AM
They usually tend to go with Nitro bands, I've noticed. Unfortunately, Nitro has only four bands now and the only one I like is A Wilhelm Scream. I'd kill to see them tour with theSTART again though, that'd be rad.

Ansem
12-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Europe tour with Sum 41. Been quite a while since Sum 41 has been in Europe.
Or with Zebrahead, but they've just been here opening for Simple Plan.

sbazzone
12-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Bad Chopper/Pennywise/Rancid.

RonWelty
12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
i would like Bad Religion or AFI but it«s impossible. So I have to say Pennywise/Weezer.

dff_punk
12-14-2008, 07:24 AM
There's been a thread like this in tour talk, I believe. Nevertheless, even though it seems a bit absurd, I still want them to make a tour with NOFX and Bad Religion, and each band will support the other :)

Anka
12-14-2008, 07:55 AM
die ärzte... or Green day:D

Jojan
12-14-2008, 12:06 PM
NOFX and Bad Religion, and each band will support the other :)

I went to a festival last summer and saw NOFX and Bad Religion. Both hade excellent set lists. Fat Mike said he had changed their set list because Bad Religion had played such an awesome set. It was amazing.

Cock Joke
12-14-2008, 12:31 PM
USA, Foo Fighters

Alex101
12-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Bad Religion - I've always been expecting them to tour with The Offspring.

Social Distortion - Same for BR. It would be nice if The Offspring and Social D could both do a big U.S. tour together.

Metallica - For obvious reasons. In my opinion, The Offspring should be good enough to join Metallica on their Death Magnetic tour.

KoЯn - I'd be really (half-)surprised if The Offspring would join them on their next Family Values tour.

The Specials - They're back for a UK tour for 2009.

Rancid - For obvious reasons. It's been about a decade or more since The Offspring and Rancid last toured together. They should both tour together again.

Alice in Chains - An Offspring tour with Alice in Chains would actually be awesome. Or maybe The Offspring, Metallica and Alice in Chains should all do a tour together, this would be a dream come true for Metallica, they had always wanted to tour with Alice in Chains before Layne Staley died.

Rage Against the Machine - If they plan to tour again next year.

jacknife737
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I'd think i'd be really neat if the band brought along some lessor known acts; and i think that's the path the band is going to take. I'm pretty sure Noodles mentioned in an interview that the band on doing something similar when they launch their North American tour.

Bands like, Teenage Bottlerocket, Nothington, Off With Their Heads, ect.

The only big(ish) band i could see the Offspring touring with is Rise Against, since they're supporting an album at the same time as the Offspring.

dff_punk
12-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I went to a festival last summer and saw NOFX and Bad Religion. Both hade excellent set lists. Fat Mike said he had changed their set list because Bad Religion had played such an awesome set. It was amazing.

God that must have been truly amazing.

SweetTatyana
12-14-2008, 04:19 PM
If they ever toured with Rise Against or Bad Religion it would be the happiest day of my life. Seriously, even after my wedding day I'll still refer to it as the best day of my life lol

bighead384
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I can't see them touring with a band that doesn't need/isn't looking for the kind of exposure that touring with The Offspring will bring. So bands like Bad Religion or NOFX seem out of the question.

Can anyone tell me who they toured with in their most recent tours?

RageAndLov
12-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Fuck The Bridge, Fuck The Bridge, Fuck The Bridge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvN8y5fi9g

jacknife737
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I can't see them touring with a band that doesn't need/isn't looking for the kind of exposure that touring with The Offspring will bring. So bands like Bad Religion or NOFX seem out of the question.
This.

Can anyone tell me who they toured with in their most recent tours?

I'm pretty sure the North American Splinter Tour had TheStart and Melissa Auf der Maur open for them.

KyleW
12-15-2008, 02:11 AM
die ärzte... or Green day:D

didnt they do that song.... Junge?

A tour with angels and airwaves :D. That way we can have an Atom reunion.

ThunderPX
12-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Eww, Angels and Airwaves. Really though, Rise Against might just happen. Nothing bigger than that, though.

F@ BANKZ
12-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Social Distortion would be 10/10, with Bad Religion being a lowly 9.9

If either of those band did affiliate for the tour, it would make my.. Everything.

RonWelty
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
THE OFFSPRING + STEADY GROUND in EUA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I would love in Europe:

OFFSPRING + WEEZER or OFFSPRING + NO DOUBT. offspring will never tour with BR, Green day, Angels and Airwaves, AFI etc.

MAXTER
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
:rolleyes: THE OFFSPRING & AFI :rolleyes:

Alex101
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
THE OFFSPRING + STEADY GROUND in EUA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You recommended Steady Ground just because Ron's in that band?

_Lost_
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
you know what band they should tour with? The Forums...

yeah... I said it... though the set lists could be tricky.