PDA

View Full Version : Dui

rlplaymaker
12-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey ya'll. I consulted the search bar before making this thread but found nothing. I downloaded a torrent titles ' offspring discography and bonus material'. It featured a song called DUI. Quite frankly, its amazing and I cant stop listening to it. Does anyone know when they recorded this, and who originally sang it?

SK8rocka
12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
It was released in the ixnay era, its an offspring original, it was actually written by noodles!

Is a good song.

Ptit Seb
12-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey ya'll. I consulted the search bar before making this thread but found nothing. I downloaded a torrent titles ' offspring discography and bonus material'. It featured a song called DUI. Quite frankly, its amazing and I cant stop listening to it. Does anyone know when they recorded this, and who originally sang it?

why does people keep opening threads like this.
come on, you used the search button so you can use google as well for some little things like that ?
to add something to SK8rocka just said :
- Noodles wrote it (but that's not confirmed)
- it was recorded for the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" OST
- it also apears on gone away songles and the club me EP

EDIT : just forgot : DUI means "Driving Under Influence" (just pointing this because non english people may not get it)

here are links :
http://www.theoffspringsession.com/en-discography-ep-club-me-fan-club-release,47.html
http://www.theoffspringsession.com/en-discography-ost-i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-international-cd,168.html

Oxygene
12-16-2008, 12:31 AM
It was released in the ixnay era, its an offspring original, it was actually written by noodles!

Is a good song.

Actually, from what I heard it wasn't written by Noodles... Dexter started writing it, but he couldn't really finish it, didn't like and gave it to Noodles to finish up.

Hence the 7 million guitar solos :)

It's a bitchen song too.. I got it with my Gone Away single back in the day.. I really loved it :)

Tomasisko
12-16-2008, 02:34 AM
why does people keep opening threads like this.
come on, you used the search button so you can use google as well for some little things like that ?

what's wrong about thread like this? you can get better and more interesting informations about DUI here.

randman21
12-16-2008, 02:36 AM
^As far as I know, it actually was written by Noodles. He stated it on this BBS, though he didn't mention to what extent he was involved.

I'm surprised that you've never heard this song (and it seems like you've never heard of it). That's cool. I wish there was some Offspring song I hadn't heard yet.

KyleW
12-16-2008, 02:54 AM
I wish there was some Offspring song I hadn't heard yet.

Pass Me By? :p

randman21
12-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Haha, yeah! And I'm sure plenty of other unknown b-sides, but I mean something that hasn't been released yet. It'd be nice to "un-know" some of their better songs.:D

KyleW
12-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I wish I could forget Dirty Magic just so I could hear it again.

findout5
12-16-2008, 03:07 AM
DUI (as previously said stands for Driving Under the Influence). It was recorded during the Ixnay On The Hombre sessions - where the band had enough material for a double album, acording to Dave Jerden.

The song came out as a b-side for Gone Away and was also featured on the "I Know What You Did Last Sumer". On the OST's booklet it says it was written by Bryan Holland and Kevin Wasserman (aka Dexter + Noodles).
Noodles wrote the music, Dexter the lyrics - which explains all the mini-solos!

And it is a bitchin' song! They should do it live, at least once!

Rutegard
12-16-2008, 04:02 AM
I wish there was some Offspring song I hadn't heard yet.

i know what you mean...

and we should start a petition to see if this song is played live or something...one of my favs

RobinoZombie
12-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Pass Me By? :p

I still wanna hear "Ring of Fire" which they recorded, or worked on during the CO1 or Splinter Era.

or do i really wanna hear it, yes i would.

Tijs
12-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the Ring of Fire. That'd be interesting to hear Dexter sing it.

RobinoZombie
12-16-2008, 04:46 AM
but DONT start a "we who wanna hear Ring of fire" thread, please Tijs, haha.

RobinoZombie
12-16-2008, 04:57 AM
you hear me tijs....DONT!

haha

Tijs
12-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Tempted... tempted...

nah, I'll just listen to Social Distortion's version.

randman21
12-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Wow, I never knew that they actually did that cover. I thought someone was just making requests.

sbazzone
12-16-2008, 05:34 AM
this song is also included into the Club Me EP, into the single of Gone Away and into the compilation The Thought Remains the Same (1998).

rlplaymaker
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
^As far as I know, it actually was written by Noodles. He stated it on this BBS, though he didn't mention to what extent he was involved.

I'm surprised that you've never heard this song (and it seems like you've never heard of it). That's cool. I wish there was some Offspring song I hadn't heard yet.

dude it was amazing to hear an Offspring song that I have never heard before. It took me like an hour to calm down. I think I have a problem with the Offspring, do they have a support group for that?

rlplaymaker
12-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Tempted... tempted...

Good version...very very good.

dff_punk
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
That song "Ring Of Fire" is sung in a rather lower register. I wonder how Dexter would sing it :)

malibu43
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
what's wrong about thread like this? you can get better and more interesting informations about DUI here.

Threads like this are exactly what's wrong with this forum. Every time a forum member has a random obsessive thought about the offspring, they feel the need to start a new thread about it. And that means that any meaningful or interesting thread get's burried within a few hours by threads like "OMG Dexter should cut his hair!", "Do you alphabetize your Offspring albums in alphabetical or chronilogical order?", and "I haven't typed Offspring in over 1 hour, so I'm starting this thread!".

Seriously...

PS - and actually, to the OP, this thread isn't as bad as most of them. But I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to bitch.

F@ BANKZ
12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I still wanna hear "Ring of Fire" which they recorded, or worked on during the CO1 or Splinter Era.
Hell yes, I love that song now
or do i really wanna hear it, yes i would.
Hell yes, I love that song!

Tempted... tempted...

Good version...very very good.

And that's why.

Jojan
12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Noodles wrote it (but that's not confirmed)

As far as I know, it actually was written by Noodles. He stated it on this BBS, though he didn't mention to what extent he was involved.

I remember that Noodles wrote that he did write it back when there was a "Ask the band" forum here.

Jaded skies
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
And that means that any meaningful or interesting thread get's burried within a few hours.

Yes, im SO glad threads like Post offspring pictures, Name that lyric, and horny people post here are at the top. I dont know what i would do without them.

Cock Joke
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
That song "Ring Of Fire" is sung in a rather lower register. I wonder how Dexter would sing it :)

He said in an interview that he would make it all punk and shit like that.

Stylie
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
One of my favourite songs. Gonna have it when I get my Club ME EP. :D

RageAndLov
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
One of my favourite songs. Gonna have it when I get my Club ME EP. :D

then we are two about that :)