PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam's Ten - Very Special Edition(s)

findout5
12-18-2008, 03:45 AM
You can read it here:

https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-reissue-band%E2%80%99s-debut-album-ten

4 different editions in total! To be released on March 24th, 2009!

Omni
12-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Sounds cool. Have any of those extra songs been released anywhere else? I'm disappointed Yellow Ledbetter won't be included, since it was recorded for the Ten album. Also, I'd REALLY like to have the single version of Evenflow on cd. I think that version is superior in every way except the guitar solo. I prefer the album version for the solo.

findout5
12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm looking forward to the DVD! It's gonna have great quality! And it was one of the first live performances I saw from them!

As far as the extras songs:

Brother - this one has vocals, it's not the instrumental released on Lost Dogs
Just a Girl - It has been floating on the web forever!
State of Love and Trust - From the singles soundtrack (the greatest hits vs. is lightly different!)
Breath and a Scream - Never heard of it, but apparantely it's a different version of Breath
2,000 Mile Blues - Never heard of it.
Evil Little Goat - Never heard of it.

Yellow Ledbetter is really great. You can also hear it on Lost Dogs/Greatest Hits.

SaiKYoU
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
certainly a disc that deserves a special edition...

nieh
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Looks awesome, but (a) Ten is not my favorite Pearl Jam album, (b) the price is way too much for me. They're apparently planning on doing similar re-releases of every one of their albums between now and like 2010 or something like that.

Smash_Returns
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Finally! Pearl Jam's MTV Unplugged!

And they said it would never be released!

findout5
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
They played on Conan! A new song!! It was fucking awesome...did any of you watch it??

nieh
06-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Didn't see it, but I feel the need to point out that I listened to Vs. for the first time in ages and I like it a lot more than I had given it credit for in the past.

Omni
06-04-2009, 02:56 AM
I normally don't buy into the "digitally re-mastered, etc, so forth" bs of an album, and I usually don't buy Greatest Hits, because you're not getting much anything different. But this was worth the purchase thanks to the six new songs. Well, five. I refuse to count Evil Little Goat as a song, it's like Bugs or Foxymophandlemama. If the rest have outtakes, then I'll buy those as well.

findout5
06-04-2009, 05:49 AM
The new record is called Backspacer.

Conan's performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci8Jr9IQMkA

Mike's guitar is too loud on the mix! But still, it's great!