PDA

View Full Version : Murder By Death

adombomb222
12-20-2008, 08:41 PM
I think I got into theses guys when I though I was going to a Street Dogs concert. Their really cool, it’s not punk and it’s not hardcore rock – it nice rock with a country vibe. Check them out. (http://www.myspace.com/murderbydeath) They’re on tour and I plan on seeing them when they hit up in Colorado!

Their latest album, “Red of Tooth and Claw,” is really enjoyable; it’s put together well and sounds great.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2008, 10:24 PM
These guys are fucking amazing. They're from Indiana too, so it's a matter of civic pride.

adombomb222
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
O.o You know this is why I hate sarcasm, I can’t tell if you’re being honest.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry, what? Why would anything I just said not be serious?

nieh
12-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Holy crap, this is good.

adombomb222
12-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Because in the past you've been, well mean, to me. Eh, oh well.

I’m glad you like them, I'm not allowed to get anything for myself till after the holidays so I only have “Red of Tooth and Claw” right now. But I love the new myspace players that allow all a bands music to be up loaded. I haven’t really listen to the other records besides, “Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them,” but I love what I’ve listened to so far. I really like Rumbrave, Steal Away, Ash and Spring Break 1899.

Cock Joke
12-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but they sound like Johnny Cash.

I like 'em. They're good.

adombomb222
12-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, but they sound like Johnny Cash.

Yea, I think that's one of the reasons I was drawn to them.

nieh
12-20-2008, 11:14 PM
They actually reminded me of Nick Cave more than Johnny Cash, but that might be because I know more by him.

WebDudette
12-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Woah, Nick Cave and Johnny Cash? Gonna' check these guys out.

adombomb222
12-30-2008, 11:54 PM
I just got Who Will Survive, And What Will Be Left Of Them? and In Bocca Al Lupo today. I've only really listened to Who Will Survive, and have only begun listening to In Bocca Al Lupo. I've very happy with the purchase.

In Bocca Al Lupo has this really cool insert that folds out in to a picture of a tree and its roots leading down to nine rings of fire. I read that they read Dante’s Inferno while writing this album and the album was influenced a lot by Dante’s vision. The panting is pretty cool.

I'm also planning on getting tickets for the concert in February.

Little_Miss_1565
12-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Nick Cave, Johnny Cash, MBD...baritones who sing about murder. Also whiskey. <3

(JC might technically be a bass. wutvr.)

nieh
12-31-2008, 12:10 AM
I've bought/downloaded all of their albums in the last week or so and they're all awesome. Are they ALL concept albums or just the last three? I know Who Will Survive is about the devil attacking a village in Mexico (with ZOMBIES! and other things) and In Bocca Al Lupo is a bunch of different stories about sin, but I'm not sure about the other two. I know Red Of Tooth and Claw HAS a concept, but I don't know what it is (ties to Who will Survive in some way I'm assuming since the band refers to them both as part of their desert series) but I'm not sure about Like the Exorcist, but more Breakdancing.

adombomb222
12-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Yea, I'm pretty sure the last three are concept albums; I don't think their first one is a concept album.

As for the story for Red Of Tooth And Claw:
“The latest album by murder by death. A story of revenge, betrayal and a long voyage hindered by interventions of the gods”

They explained every song on Who Will Survive (http://murderbydeath.com/discography.php?disc_id=5) on their website.

Thomas
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
They have a cool sound. I'll have to check them out if they come by my area.

adombomb222
05-31-2010, 05:17 AM
So it's been a while since my last post, but their new album came out a while ago in march, "Good morning Magpie," and it's fucking amazing. This album is just as good if not better than "Red of Tooth and Claw," There's just a lot more drinking in this album, which isnt bad. It's dark, and Adam still sounds like Cash. I like how this album feels like its moving forward, like the last few albums, the music pushs you forward. Murder by Death is a great American rock band, and this is good stuff to fall asleep to and wake up to.

Has any one else listened to the lastest album? What are you're thoughts?

I just got a new laptop, and haven't gotten to loading it up to my computer, so I'm listening to it on vynle... later I'll write a little more in depth.