PDA

View Full Version : Thank you The Offspring for a great year!

Stylie
12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I think it's time for a thread like this,
to thank The Offspring for what they've done and reached this year, now that we're going into another new Off-tastic year!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2echkdu.png

This year, 2008, have been a very active and positive Offspring-year. So, I just wanna numerate some good happenings from this year, and I think I'm talking for all the Offspring-fans out here when I say I want to thank you guys for beeing such active and good to us! Thanks!

¤ The downloadable "Hammerhead" single - oh man, good memories of this one
¤ The "Hammerhead" contest for the US people
¤ The fantastic "Rise And Fall Rage And Grace" album, with premiere online, both the album and the two musicvideos

¤ Many, many news and such on the homepage - actually, if you compare to the past years, this is the year with the most news
¤ Smash and Ignition album reissue - I bought both of them
¤ Many new merch-things, like t-shirts, Club ME CD etc. - I actually got my Club Me CD 23rd December
¤ Old and new songs featuring in three games (Rock Band, Madden 09, Tap Tap Revenge)

¤ The WMMR acoustic performance of the songs Come Out And Play, The Kids Aren't Alright, Staring at the Sun and Nothingtown - I guess this was a (positive) shock for everyone around here. this is one of the things that we probably had expect the least of The Offspring. thanks for doing this this, and I think everyone really loved the slow TKAA-version

¤ You're Gonna Go Far, Kid and Hammerhead doing amazing on radios
- You're Gonna Go Far, Kid reaching number one at the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks and staying there for 11 weeks[/B] making it the longest song on the 1st place in 2008 along with Weezer - amazing. just amazing

...and of course:
¤ Many, MANY pro-shot videos and live broadcastings of The Offspring performing live - I'm gonna gather all of this in one thread, I've already started a bit but I'm not finished (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35402)

I think that's something of the most important stuff from 2008? If I forgot something, just tell me. Anyway, I'm really happy for that The Offspring is still out rocking, making new albums and such. I haven't got the chance to experience The Offspring back in the 90's, so I'm really glad they're still pushing on. So 'til now, merry Christmas and a happy new year!

And Dexter, Noodles, Greg, Pete or Donnie, keep Norway or Sweden in your minds. ;)

RageAndLov
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Nice grafic, I liked it alot!
Nice recap as well, you've covered pretty much everything. The only thing you didn't mention that I can think of is to thank for them being on tour some places (European festivals and japan). :)

drummerbecca
12-26-2008, 05:57 PM
[CENTER]I think it's time for a thread like this,
to thank The Offspring for what they've done and reached this year, now that we're going into another new Off-tastic year!

Um, I'm curious. What's with all the random bold letters dotted throughout this? Some kind of subliminal message? :p

cool 2 hate 681
12-26-2008, 07:09 PM
yes thank you to the band this year was great much better then 2006 and 2007 :D

Budzy
12-26-2008, 07:16 PM
And thnx for the best my best memory of 2008, Soundwave!

And thnx to all the forums and the members for giving me something to do whenever I get bored!

Camilamazed
12-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, great year indeed.

Many thanks.

come out swinging
12-26-2008, 08:30 PM
It was a very good year to come out with RfRg. It showed many people that the Offspring STILL has it!!

randman21
12-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND! Whoops, wrong thread...

Personally, I would like to thank the Offspring for coming to North Carolina for the second time, and the first in X number of years. Even though, I wasn't able to go, I can now man up and stop bitching about their choice of location.

Also, May 2, when KROQ premiered "Hammerhead" was a major event. The anticipation and anxiety that lead up to that was palpable. Heh, I was so overcome that I couldn't even wait. I just set my computer to record about 10 minutes before and stopped it 10 minutes later. My recording sounded like crap, but Tijs's saved the day. Simply incomparable.

Um, I'm curious. What's with all the random bold letters dotted throughout this? Some kind of subliminal message? :p
Haha, I caught on to this after a few words and wondered the same. Couldn't decipher anything, though.

Autonomist
12-26-2008, 09:43 PM
And thnx for the best my best memory of 2008, Soundwave!

I have to thank them for Soundwave as well, they really were fucking great. Thanks 'spring!

Stylie
12-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Nice grafic, I liked it alot!
Nice recap as well, you've covered pretty much everything. The only thing you didn't mention that I can think of is to thank for them being on tour some places (European festivals and japan). :)

Yeah, that's true, they've been touring a lot. I'll write it up later!
And the little graphic there? Heh, just some "pro" paint-skills. ^^,

Haha, I caught on to this after a few words and wondered the same. Couldn't decipher anything, though.

Hahah! Well, it wasn't symbolising anything, just "decoration". Hah, though, I could have written a secret message.

And thnx to all the forums and the members for giving me something to do whenever I get bored!

Yeah, there's always something to do when you get bored nowdays. xD

the_real_potomek
12-27-2008, 02:02 AM
I'd like to thank The Offspring especially for concerts in Czech Republic and Berlin and for meet&greet:D this were the best days in my life, thank you for making my wishes come true.

Blitzkrieg Bop
12-27-2008, 07:04 AM
It has been a fantastic year ... With all that has gone down this year and yet we still yearn for more :D

Thank you :)

Free?
12-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you, The Offspring, for a great year!
:)

~|Vredina|~
12-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for everything you've done this year, it's amazing!

*hope they'll read it :rolleyes:

Rutegard
12-27-2008, 08:36 AM
YES thanks a lot OFFSPRING

and also thanks to u Stylie ;)

zsk
12-27-2008, 11:34 AM
THANK YOU!!!!
That was a great year!!!
but i'll hope you come more times to germany

-L-
12-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you for RAFRAG
Thank you for my RAFRAG shirt
Thank you for your first show in Hungary
Thank you for the Meet & Greet in Berlin

and
Thank you for making me happy with your music every day!

Cock Joke
12-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Hell fucking yea!!!

Krojd
12-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Thx for great show in Hradec Králové CZ, One of best concerts ever. Happy New year and rock oooon!!

WerGee
01-02-2009, 04:17 AM
this year The Offspring were very very fantastic & theirs new cd too...thank u The Offspring :)

Joyce
01-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Thank you for everything!! 2008 was an awesome year!
You always make me happy
I wish you a great year
like 2008! :)

Rooster
01-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Thank you for RAFRAG. I remember the day it was premiered on internet. I just sat in front of my computer and eagerly waited for each song to premiere. It was also the day i joined the forum. After a few year long anticipation it finally happened, and hearing new songs from you was one of the best moments of last year. And it made me want to form my own band even more than ever before (and few moths later i did that).

Thank you again, and i hope that 2009 will also be as good (or even better) than 2008 was.

Sofinch
01-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Thank you fellas !
And especially thank you Dexter, Noodles, Greg and Pete !!

Stylie
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Thank you for RAFRAG. I remember the day it was premiered on internet. I just sat in front of my computer and eagerly waited for each song to premiere. It was also the day i joined the forum. After a few year long anticipation it finally happened, and hearing new songs from you was one of the best moments of last year. And it made me want to form my own band even more than ever before (and few moths later i did that).

Thank you again, and i hope that 2009 will also be as good (or even better) than 2008 was.

Ah good memories, good memories...

Rutegard
01-20-2009, 05:29 AM
yes this year is gonna be even better with a great tour! stay tuned!