PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Offspring songs for guitar?

teroh1988
12-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I've only played the guitar for 8 months now, so I'd like to know what the easiest songs are. No ballads plz.

Redjie
12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Want you bad. Self Esteem. Spare me the Details.
Dunno. I'm not a guitar expert. Those are the ones I tried to play :p.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
12-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Every Offspring song :D

wrc307
12-28-2008, 12:17 PM
thats right!, americana and rise and fall are the easiest albums because they arent so fast ;)

Redjie
12-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Guess they know them better than me. The truth is: I'm kinda lazy. I don't bother to look for songs to play. I wait for anyone to teach me how should I play them :p

grzybms
12-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Yeah. For example: gone away, gotta get away, self-esteem, come out and play...

Rooster
12-28-2008, 01:09 PM
None of them is really hard. It's much harder to say which one of them is the easiest than actually learn how to play them...

Try with some of the before mentioned songs, you can also try Dirty Magic (very easy), Dammit i Changed Again (although it's fast it's not hard to learn), Million Miles Away.

zsk
12-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I've only played the guitar for 8 months now, so I'd like to know what the easiest songs are. No ballads plz.

definetly self esteem,try to play can't repeat it's great!!!!

randman21
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Are you guys referring to all of the lead guitar parts as easy? I'd beg to differ. I suck, but I didn't think I was that bad...:confused:

The rhythm parts are indeed easy, though (Excluding Pretty Fly and some others).

Oxygene
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Are you guys referring to all of the lead guitar parts as easy? I'd beg to differ. I suck, but I didn't think I was that bad...:confused:

The rhythm parts are indeed easy, though (Excluding Pretty Fly and some others).

Yeah with all this "easy" shit floating around I'd sure like to hear some MMA and TKAA intro renditions...

Free?
12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Can't Get My Head Around You. Try it. There are no fast palm mute parts, that's why it should be easier for beginners.

Rooster
12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah with all this "easy" shit floating around I'd sure like to hear some MMA and TKAA intro renditions...

Well, that Million Miles Away intro part can be tricky... But it's duable. Tha rhytm guitar is more than easy.

Bipolar Bear
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
self esteem must be one of their easiest songs, definitely
but, unless you're a beginner, they're mostly all easy and quick to learn

Stylie
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM

Well, it's wrong to say that The Offspring songs are easy to play, 'caus all of them isn't. But it's not to lie about that many of the song are pretty easy. The Offspring's a punk rock band, and in punk rock they use power chords which makes it pretty easy to play along with.

But they absolutely have other chords and stuff that they play, and some heavy intros, solos and other diverse riffs (like The Noose, oh man that rocks!!) which is really hard. I think everyone knows that many Offspring songs are easy to play, and that's nothing to be ashamed over, because it's punk rock! All bands use power chord (well, many). It doesn't mean that they're a bad band just because they use alot of power chord, absolutely not. I don't know too much about this stuff, but it's much used in heavy metal and so, and bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica etc. are using it much?

edit:

self esteem must be one of their easiest songs, definitely
but, unless you're a beginner, they're mostly all easy and quick to learn

Self Esteem is one of their biggest hits, and that's one of the easiest to play? The simple are very often the best. :D

Gayman
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Well....yeah...like Free? said, a song with no or very little palm muting would be best to start with...

come out swinging
12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Well....yeah...like Free? said, a song with no or very little palm muting would be best to start with...

This refers to All I WANT. Only PM is little part of verse and when Dexter says MAKES SENSE. :D:D

Szandi
12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
The kids aren't alright, Elders, Pretty fly,
I like better playing, Dirty magic and Kick him when him down.
but my favourite the Kick him when him down.

I have a lot of guitarpro tab.Those are correct. I can send you.

mota0000
12-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Don't try Self Titled or Ignition just yet if your really beginning.
From Smash, the easiest are Self Esteem, Not The One, So alone, Killboy
From Ixnay, Amazed, Cool To Hate, Gone Away, Way Down The Line
From Americana: Americana, Have You Ever, No Brakes, Walla Walla
From Co1: Conspiracy Of One, Oringinal Prankster, Special Delivery, Want You Bad, Vultures
From Splinter, CCMHAY, Race Against Myself, Spare Me The Details
From RAFRAG: Pretty much all of it, except maybe some solos

To play most of them all you need to know is power chords and palm muting.
People said Million Miles Away and Pretty Fly, those 2 oddly enough are some of the hardest Offspring songs in parts for a beginner, so if you can get those 2, you'll get all my suggestions no worries

ad8
12-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Don't try Self Titled or Ignition just yet if your really beginning.

Err... what?
We Are One is definately one of the easiest offspring songs to play on your guitar. Kick Him When He's Down is also quite simple. Dirty Magic is very easy.

Oxygene
12-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Well, that Million Miles Away intro part can be tricky... But it's duable. Tha rhytm guitar is more than easy.

You couldn't've thought that I was talking about rythm guitar portion of the MMA intro..

Szandi
12-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Err... what?
We Are One is definately one of the easiest offspring songs to play on your guitar. Kick Him When He's Down is also quite simple. Dirty Magic is very easy.

easy and cool

Rooster
12-29-2008, 06:02 AM
You couldn't've thought that I was talking about rythm guitar portion of the MMA intro..

No, i'm just saying that the whole rhytm guitar part of the song is easy. Lead guitar is a bit more tricky, but still duable (although it takes a bit more time to learn it). I knew what you meant in your post.

However, i didn't think about palm muting (after seing other comments about MMA), maybe it could be a bit harder for a beginner (i didn't have much problem with palm muting, i learned it practically as soon as i got my first guitar).

randman21
12-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Yeah, palm muting came very easy to me. I had been playing 2 and some years before I even learned how, heh. Fast palm muting might be what they're referring to. That can be tricky for anyone. Hell, I still can't get that intro to MMA down...

Rooster
12-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah, palm muting came very easy to me. I had been playing 2 and some years before I even learned how, heh. Fast palm muting might be what they're referring to. That can be tricky for anyone. Hell, I still can't get that intro to MMA down...

Yeah, faster palm muting takes more time to learn (but i still learned it in about 2 days).

Well, i can play that intro, and that's important for me, because MMA is one of the songs that my band would play when we practice... Maybe we'll record a cover, who knows :D

MAXTER
12-29-2008, 07:00 AM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid Tab

Riff 1:

E - - - - - - - -
B - - - - - - - -
G - - - - 5 5 - -
D 7 7 3 3 5 5 5 5
A 7 7 3 3 3 3 5 5
E 5 5 1 1 - - 3 3

:D:D:D

teroh1988
12-29-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks for your recommendations, im gonna try some of those..

oh and yeah I'm still a beginner, I've played for 8 months only. i can play easy songs like Smells like teen spirit, house of the rising sun, first half of "one" by metallica and some other easier stuff ^^