PDA

View Full Version : Everyone loves a bonus.

Budzy
12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I decided this is the best place to post this.

Okay, today, I went down to JB HI-FI and picked up New Maps of Hell.
Probably a bit overdue.
It was 26 dollars and came with the album, with the 7 bonus accoustic tracks, a DVD I have yet to watch, but has music interviews, live peformances and music videos. It also came with a double sided poster (A4 size), the lyrics booklet, and another fold out booklet titled 'City Of Angels'.
The packaging is cardboard but has those plastic things that hold the disks on it.

Then I whacked the album in the stereo, and I loved it.
The bonus acoustic tracks included, especially Sorrow, which the original version is one of my favourite Bad Religion songs.

Just saying I'm really impressed with New Maps Of Hell.
You get more than your moneys worth, and it almost makes Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace seem like a rip, i paid 19 dollars for that, it didn't even have plastic disc holders!

Anyways, basically what I'm getting at is, wouldn't it be great if The Offspring did something like this on just an original album? *hint hint*
I know they did the Greatest Hits Dual Disc, and everyone loved that, I wasn't fortunate enough to get the Dual Disc, but I've watched all the videos on youtube and I love them. The Offspring should consider doing this again on the 2010 album! :D

findout5
12-30-2008, 02:21 AM
It's really lame what Bad Religion did! 1st they released the regular vesion, one year later this new version. I actually paid the 1st right when it came out. To go and buy it again after such a short period of time would be dumb. I don't support this in any way. To Re-release an album without it being a classic, without any benefits from mastering (like some reissues they did) is just a rip off. It seems like they were milking the fans!

For ther BR fans who don't like getting ripped of:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1786169
AND
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1553229

Also, if you wanted RAFRAG on a special edition, you should have imported the japanese version (one bonus track, one bonus DVD)! Hey, you're still in time to do it! Go to eBay or Amazon!

RobinoZombie
12-30-2008, 04:29 AM
I love the NMOH but i think they should have released it the same time as the original package, i hate when they try to capitalize on collectors weakness, just lt AC/DC:s black ice album, they come in what, 4? FOUR! colors, without a diffrent tracklist or nothing.

sure the RAFRAG wasnt the best bonus disc ever, but atleast they where released at the same time.

Blitzkrieg Bop
12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I am not really in favour of this. MCR did the same thing, they first released The Black Parade and a short while afterward they released The Black Parade is Dead!, which a CD & DVD combination with live performances with a few bonus tracks. All the songs are the same on both the original and the Dead! version. I find that this is just a way for them to make money without being original at all.

Honestly though, if The Offspring followed suit, I would more than like buy it.

F@ BANKZ
12-30-2008, 11:28 AM
You get more than your moneys worth, and it almost makes Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace seem like a rip, i paid 19 dollars for that, it didn't even have plastic disc holders!

Sorry, but I felt obliged to quote this.

zsk
12-30-2008, 11:43 AM
something like this would be great:

http://www.amazon.com/Saengerkrieg-Akustisc-Extremo/dp/B001J6I21I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1230666116&sr=1-3
->http://www.amazon.com/S%C3%A4ngerkrieg-Extremo/dp/B00169Z8HE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1230666116&sr=1-1

wow i did'nt know that a german cd costs sooo much in amercia:eek:

Jojan
12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't like bonuses. You are a liar!

jacknife737
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Although i'm never opposed to any new material from the band; the Bad Religion "Bonus New Maps of Hell" cd, was such a fucking cash grab, it was unbelievable. They released it a few months after the "regular" cd came out; thus forcing fans to purchase two copies of the same album, if they wanted to hear the new stuff. Fucking pathetic.

If the band was going to do that, they would have to release it at the same time as the "regular" edition.

cool 2 hate 681
12-30-2008, 05:10 PM
they should have just released a acoustic ep and a live dvd

Budzy
12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Well fuck I got completely shut down in this thread didn't I?

findout5
12-31-2008, 02:49 AM
At least, if you only bought NMOH now, you didn't get ripped of!:p

ThunderPX
12-31-2008, 05:30 AM
I love the NMOH but i think they should have released it the same time as the original package, i hate when they try to capitalize on collectors weakness, just lt AC/DC:s black ice album, they come in what, 4? FOUR! colors, without a diffrent tracklist or nothing.

sure the RAFRAG wasnt the best bonus disc ever, but atleast they where released at the same time.

The blue version of Black Ice has a bigger booklet for two more bucks. I'm not shitting you, either.

RobinoZombie
12-31-2008, 05:48 AM
The blue version of Black Ice has a bigger booklet for two more bucks. I'm not shitting you, either.

haha, what? never took that much time to look at it, but they cost the same where i get cds, might be some euro-trash thing:D:p