PDA

View Full Version : My band... SUX :D

Tomboy Powerhead
12-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Well, my band sux. At least it's not 'Me, Myself and I' anymore, but we still suck, since i'm the only one who can actually PLAY something. Well, it sounds crazy, but it's almost true. Well, exclude 'Guitar-guy-Alex', who i haven't seen for a few weeks and we haven't play together since... like forever. No, i think for a month or sth. He's a really damn good guitarist (inspite his rythm sux just a little less than mine :p). Well, we finally found a drummer, but we've never heard him play... :D So does this count? We have no bassist or and extras like this, and since I'm the vocal of the band, i can't say we're gonna make it, man. Well, we have and entusiastic backing-vocal and she's really my best damn friend, but if i tell ya we're doin better without 'er, you'll quite get the picture :D I'm just a LITTLE mean right about now, 'cause i can't really think of a better name for the band than BIG MISTAKE, but i already made a song, called that way, and i'm not sure it's cool to name your band the same as a song you made, inspite that... well, look at Green Day - they actually HAVE a song named Green Day (btw that brings to mind a question - why is the laughin' emoticon green? Too much weed or sth, i guess :D). So if you have any suggestions (whithout sounding preachy or begging the question, please ;]) for a band name, that will sute a song, which first lines are:
'I am a big mistake, you are a big mistake...'
please, tell me ;]

ad8
12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
The drummer thing is not as bad as you think.
Take the bands of these BBS. Static Martyr for example. They have a drum machine with a drinking problem and still they make great music:D. Or the Fisticuffs(drum program) or my band, the Ricetigers. My band was founded in 2006 and we still don't have a drummer:D. To be honest, we were 2 guitarists back then... then we became 3 guitarists and then I bought a bass and became our bassist:D.
If you want to call yourselves Big Mistake, then do it. I think it's OK to have a self-titled song. If you want another name, well... maybe "The Disaster" or "Cynical Idiots", or something self-critical like that.;)

Static_Martyr
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Take the bands of these BBS. Static Martyr for example. They have a drum machine with a drinking problem and still they make great music

!!SCORE POINT!!

*is happy*

But yeah, if you really want a kickass band, just stick with it. If you have some place where you can record stuff, I would go ahead and record anything you have (even if it's just simple acoustic versions of stuff), and use it as a "selling point;" our myspace had acoustic covers of our harder stuff at one point, all with the disclaimer that "once we get a drummer, we'll be doing harder rockish stuff; this is just kind of a sampler, think of it like Collective Soul's album, From The Ground Up, just basic acoustic ideas of what kind of songs we want to do."

Don't give up solely because it's hard, whatever you do....you'll kick yourself in the ass later for doing that, if you do~

holland25
01-08-2009, 06:29 AM
[I]Take the bands of these BBS. Static Martyr for example. They have a drum machine with a drinking problem and still they make great music

Hallelujah, finally something worthy to change my signature quote. Thank you!

ad8
01-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Hallelujah, finally something worthy to change my signature quote. Thank you!

Hey, that was originally posted by me!:mad: I want 50% of your money for copyright stuff!:D