PDA

View Full Version : More of bad religion bashing on Offspring

RODNEYMULLEN
12-31-2008, 02:03 AM
I know bad religion doesn't like offspring, but video just pisses me off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXKd6NDg8I

mrs_hollandova
12-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Hmm, old drunk jealous men... who cares? :D Its just a pure jealousy :cool:

RobinoZombie
12-31-2008, 02:41 AM
who cares, let them have their opinion, its mostly for show.

Offspring-Junkie
12-31-2008, 02:42 AM
I agree with you. If you're more successful in shorter time they can't do anything else than look like this :eek:

randman21
12-31-2008, 03:27 AM
You know this is old, right? And it was posted in that other Bad Religion Hates Offspring or whatever thread. It would be incredibly lame if he said that today, with how much time has passed since their beef.

findout5
12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
Around that same time BR was on Atlantic, releasing No Substance and The New America, which are two of their worst records by far...and they wanna slam The Offspring?

Greg Graffin shold have done "Pretty Fly for a bald guy"

(Give it to me baby) Uh huh uh huh
And all the punks say I'm pretty fly for a bald guy

Uno dos tres quatro cinco cinco seis

You know it's kind of hard
Just to get along today
The punk scene isn't cool
But we fake it anyway
Not that we have a clue
And definately not style
But everything we lack
Well we make up in denial

So don't debate, a baldie straight
You know he really doesn't get it anyway
He's gonna play the clubs, and keep it real
For you no way, unless you like it gay
So if you don't rate, just overcompensate
At least you'll know you can always release No Substance
The world needs wannabes
Hey, hey, do a crappy record for "katching"!

And all the punks say I'm pretty fly (for a bald guy)

He needs some cool tunes
Not just any will suffice
But they didn't have NOFX
So he bought Sum 41
Now cruising in his Pinto, he sees poseurs as he pass
But if he looks twice
They're gonna kick his balding ass

The world needs wannabes

Now he's getting a tattoo yeah
He's gettin' ink done
He asked for a 'BR', but they drew a 'R'n'B'
His girl says his dick is not hard
And he doesn't stick it quite deep
But in his own mind he's the,
He's the dopest trip

Uno dos tres quatro cinco cinco seis

The world needs wannabes
The world loves wannabes
So let's get some more wannabes

Fuck them (ps- I do like and own all their music!).

drummerbecca
12-31-2008, 03:46 AM
It was lame, and continues to be lame to this day. Bad Religion are so far up their own ares it's just not funny anymore. Great band, great songs, but shitty attitudes that just aren't needed in any music scene, especially not the punk scene. I know this is an old clip, but they haven't changed.

Rooster
12-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Well, things like this make me wonder why do i even listen to Bad Religion. They make good music, but that kind of attitude is bullshit. It's like they would think themselves as the best and most talented band in history of punk (or music in general), and i don't like that.

Oxygene
12-31-2008, 04:36 AM
That's strange, because when I hung out with them around 99 / 00 I think (when this recording might've been made) I told them I knew the Offspring and they didn't say anything shitty about them at all...
In fact they all seemed like super nice.. oh well.

SweetTatyana
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
That's strange, because when I hung out with them around 99 / 00 I think (when this recording might've been made) I told them I knew the Offspring and they didn't say anything shitty about them at all...
In fact they all seemed like super nice.. oh well.

You KNOW Offspring??? Thats sick!

And yeah this sound bitter kinda but I wouldnt be surprised if it was for show. I'm not surprised bad religion fans wouldnt want to hear pretty fly for a white guy either, he should have suggested TKAA :P

Mike_911
12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
this is so old.. the entire offspring / bad religion thing i think is way over now.. i think they are on better terms now.. greg graffin was once talking to noodles backstage at a warped tour show and i was right there with them.. they seemed to be fine.. it was a pretty cool thing when it happened.. i was thinking to myself "who is this old dude? then it about a second later i was like "whoa it is greg graffin"... it was pretty cool

Ninty Man
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
MMM... No substance and new America rules. Suffer and recipe for hate sucks XD

Oh well... I watched a video a time ago where Gurewitz said the old family reunited:
Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX, Rancid...

Someone knows where is it?

Bipolar Bear
12-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Bad Religion IS a good band but I can definitely see how The Offspring are
more successful due to a bigger diversity in their songs. The Offspring definitely
are better at songwriting.. [I don't mean the lyrics though, which I really like
in Bad Religion also, just the overall music]

malibu43
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
The Offspring definitely are better at songwriting..

What!?!?!

That is very subjective and also depends a lot on what you think makes someone better at song writing.

If it's writing songs that are embraced by pop radio and the general public, then yes, the Offspring have done a better job at that. That doesn't mean that they are better at it, since I'm sure Greg Graffin could whip out some bubblegum shit that little teenage girls would go crazy for, he probably chooses not to.

Oxygene
12-31-2008, 02:11 PM
What!?!?!

That is very subjective and also depends a lot on what you think makes someone better at song writing.

If it's writing songs that are embraced by pop radio and the general public, then yes, the Offspring have done a better job at that. That doesn't mean that they are better at it, since I'm sure Greg Graffin could whip out some bubblegum shit that little teenage girls would go crazy for, he probably chooses not to.

Bad Religion
2% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living
8% are good
90% or totally forgettable

Offspring
98% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living
2% are good

End of story.

Edit: the only thing sadder then teenage girls obsessing over top 40 countdowns and what positions backstreet boys and n sync are in are trupunx, who obsess with the top 40 just as much... why? 'cause the trupunx could know better, little girls couldn't

RODNEYMULLEN
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM

Oh well... I watched a video a time ago where Gurewitz said the old family reunited:

What? I feel the exact opposite. And so does everyone else i think. The new america and no substance were there weakest albums. Suffer and recipe for hate are amazing albums. Along with everything else they've ever done (except into the unknown).

I choose to just ignore that they don't like each other. It's music, who gives a shit if they don't like each other, they both make amazing ass music. I just though that video was worth bringing up.

cool 2 hate 681
12-31-2008, 02:56 PM

is this the video your talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJJdFYJMRA

malibu43
12-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Bad Religion
2% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living
8% are good
90% or totally forgettable

Offspring
98% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living
2% are good

End of story.

Edit: the only thing sadder then teenage girls obsessing over top 40 countdowns and what positions backstreet boys and n sync are in are trupunx, who obsess with the top 40 just as much... why? 'cause the trupunx could know better, little girls couldn't

Once again, purely subjective. I'm sure there are just as many Bad Religion fans that would say the exact opposite thing.

I'm so sick of people on this board that don't know what an opinion is or how it works, and constantly site their own opinions ("98% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living"...???) to support the argument that something is better than something else.

jacknife737
12-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Jesus Christ, stop brining this shit up; and isn't there already like 3 or so threads dedicated to the two band's relationship?

Bands talk shit about each other all the time, this is nothing new. Bad Religion has spent the last 20 years rewriting the same song over and over; and the Offspring writes annoying radio pop songs sometimes; there is no moral superiority to be had here.

Oxygene
12-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Once again, purely subjective. I'm sure there are just as many Bad Religion fans that would say the exact opposite thing.

I'm so sick of people on this board that don't know what an opinion is or how it works, and constantly site their own opinions ("98% are pure awesomeness and make life worth living"...???) to support the argument that something is better than something else.

The only serious part of that message came after the "edit:" portion... and someone who is dumb enough to be obsessed with what pop radio plays is obviously in no position to lecture the rest of us on what an opinion is and how it works..

Alex101
12-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Why would a band hate another band that had been on the same label? That is just ridiculous.

yudabao
01-01-2009, 06:08 AM
they are pretty ugly for a white band

nameless
01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
surely a certain someone from bad religion has to take take some of the responsibility if they hated the offsprings popularity so much!

brian.offspring
01-01-2009, 09:35 PM
they are just envious cause they would like to be such a big band like offspring..

Little_Miss_1565
01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I really wish everyone who wanted to have something to say about this ridiculous, old feud would stop for a second and read what some people are saying. This is old. This is outdated. This is not anything that has any real bearing on anything now.