PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band DLC

B-Rad
01-02-2009, 04:33 PM
They promised us 5 songs, and gave us the worst 3. WTF.

I want TKAA and All I Want already :( Should put YGGFK on there too.

findout5
01-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Dude, buy a guitar, a bass or a drum set. Then, learn to play it. Then you can play more than 5 songs!
And playing an instrument has better odds of getting you laid then playing with a videogame console in your bedroom!
Take this advice and if it's not an interesting thread do not post it at all!

Little_Miss_1565
01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Who promised 5 songs? Did the band say they licensed 5 songs, or did Rock Band say there were 5 coming?

RODNEYMULLEN
01-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Dude, buy a guitar, a bass or a drum set. Then, learn to play it. Then you can play more than 5 songs!
And playing an instrument has better odds of getting you laid then playing with a videogame console in your bedroom!
Take this advice and if it's not an interesting thread do not post it at all!

I agree, why would you put all that effort into playing a fake instrument on a video game when you could pick up a real instrument. I love drumming, it's my fucking passion. I played rock band once and instantly fucking hated it. You don't even play what the drummers actually playing, which to me is plain retarded.

Little_Miss_1565
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Video games are fun, that's why people enjoy playing them. Practicing an instrument for hours is only fun if you're really really into it -- which most people aren't.

This thread really can't turn into a debate on video games vs. instruments.

Jesus
01-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Who promised 5 songs? Did the band say they licensed 5 songs, or did Rock Band say there were 5 coming?

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2008&newsID=762151

the remaining two will probably come out with some other song. Since they are always released in bundles of 3 songs.

Video games are fun, that's why people enjoy playing them.

I guess people who are pretty ignorant about rock band or guitar hero say the same thing about people playing fifa, madden, etc or call of duty. Why don't you join an actual army instead of playing a shooter game? pfff

I'll be right back, just gotta get out of my plumber outfit.

findout5
01-03-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't wanna seem ignorant, but going to war and playing guitar aren't really the same thing, are they?

If I had to choose playing guitar or guitar hero...it's a pretty obvious choice! If you're gonna waste the same amount of time, why not actually learn to play an instrument??

Going to war vs. playing Call of duty? Humn...

Not the best analogy!

nightvision
01-03-2009, 02:45 PM
These discussions are so stupid... I play Guitar Hero because I enjoy it. I've also been playing bass for many years and I still enjoy that as well. Playing real guitar is not for me, I'm just not good at it and I'm not interested in learning. And the drums... I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it if I decided to start playing real drums in my apartment so I think I'll stick with Guitar Hero.

B-Rad
01-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't wanna seem ignorant, but going to war and playing guitar aren't really the same thing, are they?

If I had to choose playing guitar or guitar hero...it's a pretty obvious choice! If you're gonna waste the same amount of time, why not actually learn to play an instrument??

Going to war vs. playing Call of duty? Humn...

Not the best analogy!

One problem. You AREN'T going to waste the same amount of time.

A guitar can take years to master, while you can be doing great on expert within a month in Rock Band.

The funny thing is, I AM currently learning to play guitar. Sadly, I still cannot even play perfectly through Dirty Magic. That's why I want to be able to play their songs on rock band. I hate when people try to turn everything into a debate about a broader topic. If you don't think I should be allowed to play video games, just don't comment, you aren't helping.

To get back on topic, yeah, they probably will release it in a 3-song pack. I hope the extra song is YGGFK, and its probably likely since they put that on tap tap revenge as well. The other two confirmed songs are All I Want and The Kids Arent Alright, a couple of my personal favorites. That's why I was pissed when we got stuck with Pretty Fly and Self Esteem. Gone Away is good though.