View Full Version : Licensing

01-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Hey all,
My name is Jared and I'm a film student in NJ. I'm working on my culminating project, and would like to use the song "You're gonna go far kid" in the film. This is not for profit, and will be entered into local and possibly national film festivals. Does anybody have any idea who i can contact by either email to phone to help accomplish this? Any tips would be much appreciated.

01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey Jared,
Wlecome To This Forum. I don't know where and who call, but I agree that you use "YGGF,K" for a movie :)

01-06-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure exactly who you would contact, i'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable on the subject will be able to help you.

The band is managed by http://rebelwaltz.com/ they can be contacted at info@rebelwaltz.com.

This also may be helpful (found it on the rebelwaltz website).

Underachiever Music (BMI)
Gamete Music (BMI)
Debra MacCulloch
King, Purtich, Et Al
1900 Ave Of The Stars Ste 2500
Los Angeles, CA 90067
ph: (310) 282-8953
fx: (310) 282-8903

01-06-2009, 10:43 AM
At www.sonybmg.com I found Columbia Records (The Offspring's record label which is owned by Sony BMG) telephone number.

The American number for Columbia Records is 212 833 4000

On the website you will find International numbers if you're from outside of the US.

01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I think it would be fine with the Offspring but since you have to go the official way, good luck!