PDA

View Full Version : The taint of Roland Burris

Little_Miss_1565
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Should he be seated in the senate, or is Blagojevich's taint too much, too far-reaching?

Colbert weighed in on the taint last night: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/215373/january-05-2009/colbert-and-colmes---roland-burris-appointment

Al Coholic
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I thought the daily show bit on his mosoleum was funny. I don't know the guys track record well. And I'm very dissapointed that the news isn't reporting on his opinions and stances on even the most basic issues. All they do is the shots of him walking up to the senate, and occasionally remind us he was the first black attorney generel(?I think?) of Illinois. So at the fault of the media, I can't say wether I like him or not.

From a legal standpoint, I'd say no. Anything that SOB Blagojevic does from here on out shouldn't stand. I think if the Lt. Govenor appoints him anyway fine, then review him like you would anyone else. Thats assuming the Lt. isn't a wheeler and dealer too.

From a political standpoint, I think anyone Blago appoints is gonna be tainted regardless of their track record. He could appoint the Pope and he'd still have a hard time getting re-elected. The democrats of Illinois have it bad enough after this scandal, last thing they need is to hand the republicans a senate seat on a silver platter in 2010.