PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks at an Album???

zsk
01-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I noticed that
The Offspring haven't a special thanks for their fans on an album...
most other bands have got that on their album booklets,(In Extremo,Billy Talent....)
i hope they're going to change that with the next album,if there's one

dr.vanessa
01-08-2009, 01:17 PM
yes of course i do.though even if they don't do that i won't really mind i'll still love them THAT much:)

~|Vredina|~
01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, definitely. It would have been very nice :)

F@ BANKZ
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be particularly touched either way. I don't mind.

MAXTER
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Free?
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
It would matter less than you imagine. It's not that important at all, unless there will be a special thanks personally to you. But of course I wouldn't mind them thanking the fans one more time.

There is no "I don't care" option in the poll. :]

offspring_freak_3
01-08-2009, 01:30 PM
It would matter less than you imagine. It's not that important at all, unless there will be a special thanks personally to you. But of course I wouldn't mind them thanking the fans one more time.
i second that.

zsk
01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
hmm i ever look at those albums and see this
ich zitiere(from Billy Talent):"...and especially our fans for all your love and undying support."
and then i thought hmmm why can't the offspring make s.th. like this
i hope they're going to do at their next record...
or maybe noodles sees this thread

Alex101
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I voted yes. Hopefully on the next album it'll have a thank you list.

jacknife737
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they haven't had a "thank you list" on an album since, what Americana? I could be wrong though, but i'm too lazy to go check.

Either way, i won't lose any sleep over the issue.

Bipolar Bear
01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I want a special thanks to the forum users :cool:

Blackball_
01-08-2009, 03:30 PM
hmm i ever look at those albums and see this
ich zitiere(from Billy Talent):"...and especially our fans for all your love and undying support."
and then i thought hmmm why can't the offspring make s.th. like this

i think its because theyre not rabid, flaming homosexuals.

other than a public place for inside jokes and a name check for some people that helped them out, thanks sections are utterly pointless.

you want to be thanked for being a fan of the band? :confused:

randman21
01-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I have a habit of voting before I read the entire question. I would like it, but I don't believe it's necessary.

iPunk247
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
anything is possible :)

MoonTan™
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, A thank you to every forum member, Or atleast the ones that are in the BBS Dwelers group.....

Bipolar Bear
01-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't be offended if they didn't make a "special thanks" for us the fans, although I admit it would be pretty nice considering how important we are for the band. After all, no fans, no band - it's that simple. I voted "yes". I do wonder who voted no though, because either you're indifferent to them putting a special thanks or you want them to. I have troubled understanding why you WOULDN'T want them to do it. Lol at randman for voting before he read the question. I guess the other person was just plain drunk or retarded, or just had a huge urge to be different from everyone else.

Oxygene
01-09-2009, 01:00 AM
I think special thanks should be _special thanks_ not generic thanks to everyone.
We know the band are thankful for us, special thanks credits should go to those individuals who help inspire and create and album. I think anyway...

RageAndLov
01-09-2009, 01:45 AM
If they made a special thanks to their fans with naming their BBS name, then yes, I would really want that!

the_real_potomek
01-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Of course that would be nice, but I don't think that's necessary. We all know that they appreciate us so they don't have to put thanks on album.

randman21
01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I think special thanks should be _special thanks_ not generic thanks to everyone.
We know the band are thankful for us, special thanks credits should go to those individuals who help inspire and create and album. I think anyway...
Hey, man. Not all of us can write "Beheaded" okay! I'll take what I can get.

Oxygene
01-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Hey, man. Not all of us can write "Beheaded" okay! I'll take what I can get.

Um.. anyway :)

My point is, I think a thanks like that might be generic and pretentious - like I feel it is with bands who do it.

I think they thank us fans, by putting on awesome shows, and being true to their art, and themselves - that means something, a whole lot actually. They thanks us by appreciating us, being down to earth and taking the time and effort to be nice to us, even when it's a pain for them.

Stuff like that is so much more important then some print in the sleeve of an album!

randman21
01-09-2009, 03:41 AM

Perhaps a :p or ;) was in order.

I agree with generic, but not necessarily pretentious (maybe forced; insincere). Yeah, they don't owe us anything, except the service for which we pay (CDs and concerts). They don't even have to satisfy us but I'm glad they throw that little bit extra in there. :D

Oxygene
01-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Perhaps a :p or ;) was in order.

I agree with generic, but not necessarily pretentious (maybe forced; insincere). Yeah, they don't owe us anything, except the service for which we pay (CDs and concerts). They don't even have to satisfy us but I'm glad they throw that little bit extra in there. :D

I think they do thank us, more than what a "special thanks to our fans" in a booklet is worth anyway. That's why I think it's not necessary

Rutegard
01-09-2009, 05:42 AM
I would like it, but I don't believe it's necessary.

exactly my words, i mean it would be cool, but it's not that important since they are always thanking us :]

hangovered
01-09-2009, 05:52 AM
they making a music for us, how can they thank us better?:)

Gayman
01-09-2009, 06:26 AM
they making a music for us, how can they thank us better?:)

No artist make music for the fans. They make it for them self. They make music that they enjoy and because they love it. Not what the fans like.

hangovered
01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
ok, so letting us listen their music. better? i didn't mean they're playing music that ppl, not them, like, but cds,concerts etc are for us so the music is for us too.

Bipolar Bear
01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
No artist make music for the fans. They make it for them self. They make music that they enjoy and because they love it. Not what the fans like.

Change that to "good artists", because I'm pretty sure we can start naming a bunch that make music mostly for fame/money.
ALL pop bands].

Bipolar Bear
01-09-2009, 10:11 AM

My point is, I think a thanks like that might be generic and pretentious - like I feel it is with bands who do it.

I think they thank us fans, by putting on awesome shows, and being true to their art, and themselves - that means something, a whole lot actually. They thanks us by appreciating us, being down to earth and taking the time and effort to be nice to us, even when it's a pain for them.

Stuff like that is so much more important then some print in the sleeve of an album!

I disagree, I don't really think that thanking the fans, be it in an album or wherever, is pretentious. It's almost the contrary, in my opinion, and shows respect/appreciation for us. Generic, maybe, but not pretentious. A band with a dozen fans can thank its fans. One with worldwide fame can thank its fans too. It doesn't mean you think highly of yourself, it just means you appreciate people who support you and your music.

Thomas
01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Considering how many many many offspring fans are basically pricks to the band, I don't think thanks are in order.

jacknife737
01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Considering how many many many offspring fans are basically pricks to the band, I don't think thanks are in order.

This.

This forum (GOD) has been nothing but whining and complaining for the past few months. We don't deserve a "thank you".

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM

I agree with this

We know the band are thankful for us, special thanks credits should go to those individuals who help inspire and create and album.

I agree with this

I want a special thanks to the forum users :cool:

But if it ever happened, then this would be really cool :cool:

bouncingcoles
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
i dont care........