PDA

View Full Version : A alternative version of "Get It Right"

Luzodar
01-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before in this forum (I tried to look through some threads, but I couldn't find anyone regarding this subject).

By alternative version I do not mean the 1991-version on "Baghdad", but rather a live version that has some changed lyrics. You can find it on YouTube right here (though I do not think it was recorded when the band called themselves Manic Subsidal, like it says in the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB58-DlDmh0

Or download the MP3 right here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1U1K23GP

If anyone has this version in better quality or perhaps the lyrics for it I would be grateful.

Tijs
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I've probably heard this one already. Noodles explained it once. Dexter couldn't always remember the lyrics sohe just made up some stuff and sang about a test or something he had the next day.

hangovered
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I heard that too but I didn't know the story, thanks Tijs. I always wonder how he can remember all those lirics-apparently he can't;)

_Lost_
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I heard that too but I didn't know the story, thanks Tijs. I always wonder how he can remember all those lirics-apparently he can't;)

as proven by the various "Uhh... I can't remember the words right now.." moments that can be viewed on youtube. And I can totally relate... I do that sort of thing from time to time.

Amiralanal
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I think its from the live @ pico riviera bootleg. Probably from 1990 or 91.

Tomasisko
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
but the lyrics is very different. Dexter is so much forgetful? :D

offs55
01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
this is from pico rivera, NY 1991

randman21
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Wow, I can't believe it. I was just looking for this song today, because it has special meaning in my life. FUUUULL PR! (i gotz inside jokez)

Oxygene
01-10-2009, 02:36 AM
as proven by the various "Uhh... I can't remember the words right now.." moments that can be viewed on youtube. And I can totally relate... I do that sort of thing from time to time.

Really that's weird I never forget any lyrics I've learned basicaly...

As for the song it's pretty obvious it wasn't finished at this point I think.. some of it is gibberish. I doubt he forgot the "I swear I never" will consistnatly and remembered it as goddam never will..

I really enjoy this version actually... although I kind of enjoy every version of every offspring song, so I guess that's kind of redundant :)

holland25
01-10-2009, 02:37 AM
That bootleg is great. Tehran, Jennifer Lost the War, Take It Like a Man, Get It Right, Beheaded, Kill the President and A Thousand Days, all in pretty good quality. I love it.