PDA

View Full Version : The music of llamas

Llamas
01-10-2009, 04:57 AM
I know I've made threads in the past about music I've written or recorded, but they were kind of specific... so I'm making a new one, damn it! And I wrote a new song this week. I think I like it more than anything I've written in the past, though I just realized it's the first song I've ever recorded that didn't have guitar. Craziness.

Anyway, you can download it here if you'd like to listen to it: This Isn't All (http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=IKFQ0DDN)

(Lost, randman, this has been edited since you guys heard it)

Also, some credit is due:
Lost for helping with some editing and details later in the song.
Randman for telling me about reverb.
Pre-emptive credits:
Lost for writing a melody/lyrics, which if completed will result in a second version.
Mr. Coneman for recording a badass guitar solo at 1:20.

I hope you guys like it...

Free?
01-10-2009, 06:45 AM
I've heard only 3 your (this and both from mixtapes) songs, they all were touching, gentle and melancholic. Also I like how you tend to put tempo/melody changes. Wonderful work on vocals!
But I didn't notice any guitar solo there :(

And it would be nice if every band/artist who posts a new song would also post the lyrics, like Static Martyr.

_Lost_
01-10-2009, 09:17 AM
ZOMG! LLAMAS! IZ AWESOME!

(I synced it with the melody... it sounds so super cool with the new mix!)

EDIT: Expect lyrics soon.

And a hint to listeners: Turn it up as loud as you can stand. Thats when it sounds most awesome.

EDITEDIT: The more I listen to it, the more and more i like it.

randman21
01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I think I like it more than anything I've written in the past, though I just realized it's the first song I've ever recorded that didn't have guitar.
Coincidence? Methinks not!
jkjk

Again, not blowing smoke (;)), but this is the best thing you've done! It took a few listens for me to get used to "The Surge," which was the former best, but I've liked this from the beginning. And it just keeps getting better every time you mess with something (heh, I love how you up and discovered panning all of a sudden*). I am a big wuss when it comes to scary lady background vocals, and yours do the trick, so good job on that. Uhh, if I think of something else specific, I'll get back to you.

*One thing about that. At the beginning, I would probably not put the piano 100% on the left side, probably around 70. But it's your call.:)

P.S. I didn't get it until now that the title of the song is "This Isn't All". Ha, I thought you were telling us that there's more to be done.

P.P.S. I love the title of this thread.

Gustavo
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey, this soudns pretty cool, Ilovellamas and all those who helped him.
Really, I had never heard anything like this, and it's something that easily gets people addicted to. Congratulations!
I cannot wait to hear it when it's done... or is this not going to have vocals?
Anyway, pretty cool! :)

_Lost_
01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
(heh, I love how you up and discovered panning all of a sudden*).

I don't know if I caused it, but i edited the part where shes doing the "scary lady background vocals", mostly to get rid of clipping, but i also did a lot of panning for it to give it a more dynamic impact. I guess she really liked it.

and I agree on the piano at the beginning. I like the lopsidedness, but i think there should be a little coming in the right speaker at least.

EDIT: There is a version with vocals now. But it needs approval before it can be released to the public. Its llamas' song, so she has to say whats right about it and what has to be fixed. or whether she wants to keep them at all.

Llamas
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
ilovellamaslovesalluguize!!

I've heard only 3 your (this and both from mixtapes) songs, they all were touching, gentle and melancholic. Also I like how you tend to put tempo/melody changes. Wonderful work on vocals!
But I didn't notice any guitar solo there

And it would be nice if every band/artist who posts a new song would also post the lyrics, like Static Martyr.

Thank you! There is no guitar solo yet, lol. I think you misunderstood. Coneman wants to record a guitar solo, but has not yet!

ZOMG! LLAMAS! IZ AWESOME!

(I synced it with the melody... it sounds so super cool with the new mix!)

EDIT: Expect lyrics soon.

And a hint to listeners: Turn it up as loud as you can stand. Thats when it sounds most awesome.

EDITEDIT: The more I listen to it, the more and more i like it.

This makes me very, very happy. I felt kind of sad that you didn't seem to like it very much, so I'm really glad you like it more now. :-) Cause with The Surge you were all like "OMG SO GOOD I WANNA MAKE MUSIC VIDEO"! So when you were like "I don't know, I have to listen to it again..." I was like awww dang. haha. But yea!

Coincidence? Methinks not!
jkjk

Again, not blowing smoke (;)), but this is the best thing you've done! It took a few listens for me to get used to "The Surge," which was the former best, but I've liked this from the beginning. And it just keeps getting better every time you mess with something (heh, I love how you up and discovered panning all of a sudden*). I am a big wuss when it comes to scary lady background vocals, and yours do the trick, so good job on that. Uhh, if I think of something else specific, I'll get back to you.

*One thing about that. At the beginning, I would probably not put the piano 100% on the left side, probably around 70. But it's your call.

P.S. I didn't get it until now that the title of the song is "This Isn't All". Ha, I thought you were telling us that there's more to be done.

P.P.S. I love the title of this thread.

Haha, it probably is no coincidence that no guitar = better when it's me playing the instruments. ;) I figured out panning because Lost put the ending part in stereo and I loved it, so I messed around and figured out how to do it with the rest of the song. I have no idea what I really did, but I liked how it sounded, so I was happy. I will see if I can figure out how to reduce the piano panning in the beginning.

Major lolz @ "scary lady background vocals"!!

PS I figured that would happen. haha.

PS2 I kinda wish it was "the music of the llamas" instead.

Hey, this soudns pretty cool, Ilovellamas and all those who helped him.
Really, I had never heard anything like this, and it's something that easily gets people addicted to. Congratulations!
I cannot wait to hear it when it's done... or is this not going to have vocals?
Anyway, pretty cool! :)
I'm a girl :P Can't you tell from the vocals toward the end? hahaha. I'm a scary lady!
Thanks also to you :)
As Lost already said, she's recorded some vocals. As I said in the first post (I believe), there might end up being two versions of the song: one with vocals and one without (besides the ending).

I don't know if I caused it, but i edited the part where shes doing the "scary lady background vocals", mostly to get rid of clipping, but i also did a lot of panning for it to give it a more dynamic impact. I guess she really liked it.

and I agree on the piano at the beginning. I like the lopsidedness, but i think there should be a little coming in the right speaker at least.

EDIT: There is a version with vocals now. But it needs approval before it can be released to the public. Its llamas' song, so she has to say whats right about it and what has to be fixed. or whether she wants to keep them at all.
Ya duh I liked it, remember how I wanna haz yr babies?

So uh dude I listened to your thing with lyrics. I didn't read the lyrics themselves yet, but hi<3. And I think it also works for the vocals to only last through the 4/4 section and leave the 3/1 section as is. I might like the vocals turned down a little more in the intro, but I so approve of this being "released" at some point. <3

<3

Did I mention how much llamasllovesuguize????

_Lost_
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Ya duh I liked it, remember how I wanna haz yr babies?
yah... we make it work somehow...

So uh dude I listened to your thing with lyrics. I didn't read the lyrics themselves yet, but hi<3. And I think it also works for the vocals to only last through the 4/4 section and leave the 3/1 section as is. I might like the vocals turned down a little more in the intro, but I so approve of this being "released" at some point. <3

yayayayayay!

Iz easy. i turn dem down 2morrw

Llamas
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
yah... we make it work somehow...

yayayayayay!

Iz easy. i turn dem down 2morrw

k i can't wait 4 both! :cool:

Llamas
01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh, the lyrics for the end of the song are (though I'm not sure how much they really matter):

And I'll never find just what you found, and I'll never know what it is you know.
And I'll never find just what you've found, and you'll never find what it is I found.
(in the background, a voice is repeating "Never know, never know, never know")

Llamas
01-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Triple post! I am awesome.

I listened to the song in audacity, and I hear piano coming from both speakers. Also, if it IS only coming from one for you guys, there's no way to fix that on audacity without just making it the same in both ears. I tried googling and my results came up with that it's not an option. So I don't know.

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Triple post! I am awesome.

I listened to the song in audacity, and I hear piano coming from both speakers. Also, if it IS only coming from one for you guys, there's no way to fix that on audacity without just making it the same in both ears. I tried googling and my results came up with that it's not an option. So I don't know.

I realized that there is a little bit in the right ear on the intro. but not much.

Llamas
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I recorded a cover today. It's by the same girl as the song on the first bbs mixtape, except it's from her band... so yeah it's in German.

I obviously didn't spend nearly as much time on this as either of my last two originals, but I've wanted to record a cover of this song for such a long time now, as it's pretty much my favorite song of all time. I set out to spend a lot of time on it, but after I got like halfway done, I realized I was burnt out from all the time spent on "This Isn't All" (the final copy of which will likely be posted once Lost gets back to me :P), so I really just spent a couple hours on it max.

Anyway. Du erkennst mich nicht wieder - Wir Sind Helden (http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=TE8EYV0D)

And if anyone is curious, here are the lyrics (both the German, and my English translation- anyone who speaks German, feel free to correct me))

EDIT: I really hate how the end turned out. Damn it.

You don't recognize me anymore
Alone
My face hasn't changed, and you don't know if it's good
To not be alone
You don't recognize me anymore
Unrecognized
I ran around the houses for half of the night

I don't recognize here anymore
It's all tired and old
And I draw both of our silhouettes with chalk
On the asphalt
You don't recognize me anymore, you don't recognize me anymore
You don't recognize me anymore, unrecognized
I burned my clothes over there in the park.

I don't recognize myself anymore
Just my heart that still beats
And I lift my arms to see if the warm
Night air will carry me
You don't recognize me anymore, you don't recognize me anymore
You don't recognize me anymore, unrecognized
I fly to the end of the city, to the end of the world, and over the edge...

---------------

Du erkennst mich nicht wieder
Allein
Mein Gesicht sei noch gleich, und du weisst nicht ob das reicht
Nicht alleine zu sein
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder
Unerkannt
Bin ich die halbe nacht, noch um die Häuser gerannt

Ich erkenn' hier nichts wieder
Alles müde und alt
Und ich male uns beide, als Umriss aus Kreide
Auf den Asphalt
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder, du erkennst mich nicht wieder
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder, unerkannt
Bin ich dort drüben im Park meine Kleider verbrannt

Ich erkenn' mich nichts wieder
Nur mein Herz das noch schlägt
Und ich hebe die Arme, um zu seh'n ob die warme
Nachtluft mich trägt
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder, du erkennst mich nicht wieder
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder, unerkannt
Flieg ich ans ende der Stadt, ans Ende der Welt, und über den Rand

Thomas
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Other than the fact that you are speaking jibberish :), it's solid. I really like the sax work.

Llamas
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Other than the fact that you are speaking jibberish :), it's solid. I really like the sax work.

Awww, thanks! :) This makes me feel a lot better, because the more I listen to it, the more I hate this recording. lol. I think I'm just really crabby today. So thanks for the self esteem boost. :)

And maybe you should learn German... :rolleyes:

_Lost_
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
*downloads*

*listens*

sounds good to me. i don't care if you don't like it, because its a known fact that you aren't right in the head.

Thomas
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=ilovellamas;1243074]Awww, thanks! :) This makes me feel a lot better, because the more I listen to it, the more I hate this recording. lol. I think I'm just really crabby today. So thanks for the self esteem boost.

QUOTE]

haha. I've noticed that I do the same with my recordings. The more I listen, the more I nit pick little details that no one else would ever notice. I sure didn't notice anything wrong with yours.

also, h8 2 u for ripping off the offspring by using a piano. :mad::mad::mad:

Llamas
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
haha. Thanks. :P edit: to lost

So the song from the first post of this thread is complete with Lost's vocals, and a bunch more editing. http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=RMR1IYOK

This is the final project and I'm not doing any more editing to it. So there you go.

Thomas: Yeah, what can I say... I'm not very original in making music... I just do what Offspring does.

Free?
01-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Are you German?
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder is just so sad! I'm not sure if I even may ask such thing, but are your songs autobiographical? You don't have to answer if you don't feel to. I know a person who writes similar sad lyrics about himself, I think such sincere people who can open their heart like that are rare. I hope that song isn't about you, it will be fine if it was just some sort of inspiration, not life experience what made you write this song.
Your vocals loudness was kinda jumping from very silent to very loud, that was my impression after first listening. I think that some minor balancing needed about it, but that's not that important. The main thing is that you feel my mind with sadness.

Lost's vocals in "This isn't all" however were just fine, her voice is softer and smoother. Could you post the lyrics?

Damn you girls for making me sad :(.

randman21
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Are you German?
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder is just so sad! I'm not sure if I even may ask such thing, but are your songs autobiographical? You don't have to answer if you don't feel to. I know a person who writes similar sad lyrics about himself, I think such sincere people who can open their heart like that are rare. I hope that song isn't about you, it will be fine if it was just some sort of inspiration, not life experience what made you write this song.
Your vocals loudness was kinda jumping from very silent to very loud, that was my impression after first listening. I think that some minor balancing needed about it, but that's not that important. The main thing is that you feel my mind with sadness.

Lost's vocals in "This isn't all" however were just fine, her voice is softer and smoother. Could you post the lyrics?

Haha, everything you need to know is in post 13.

Great job, by the way, llamas.

Free?
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
^ lol, I'm an ideat! %)

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Free?, just so you know, its idiot. And here are the lyrics:

There is no winning
This is no race
and i’ll find
there inside you
there once hope
that this journey has an end

Everyday, you try
To find it
That long lost part of your life
that you’ve been missing

Everyday, you fight
for it
I’ll never know what it is
that you’ve been missing

Everyday, we strive
to finally feel that we are okay
that we’re worth something after all.

"And I'll never find, just what you found. And I'll never know, what it is you know. And I'll never find, just what you've found. And you'll never find, what it is I found"

Free?
01-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for lyrics and other ...warm words, Lost :p

Llamas
01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Are you German?

hahaha. You've answered most of your own questions by now, but I've got a couple things to add.

Du erkennst mich nicht wieder, while it is a cover and therefore not written by me, the lyrics feel autobiographical to me... which is part of why it's pretty much my favorite song.

This Isn't All was done in a weird way, which you could probably recognize if you'd been reading this thread from the start... I wrote the entire song with only lyrics in the ending- the first half was completely instrumental. So I wrote the lyrics in the end, and then Lost based her own lyrics off of mine. The lyrics she wrote didn't really fit with my initial meaning of the song, so really, this song has two completely different meanings (depending on whether or not Lost's lyrics have any real meaning to her, I suppose).

In conclusion, neither song is truly autobiographical for me, since I didn't really write any of the lyrics, haha. But most of my other songs are.

I'm not German, but I speak (or spoke... not sure anymore) the language fluently. And I know the vocals are messed up... haha.

And thanks, Randy.

OH and Lost I think you messed up your own lyrics. The first verse sounds like "There is no winning, this is no race, and I'll find deep inside you". Amirite?

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
(depending on whether or not Lost's lyrics have any real meaning to her, I suppose).
lol... they do... i think thats why they flowed so easily for me when i wrote them.

OH and Lost I think you messed up your own lyrics. The first verse sounds like "There is no winning, this is no race, and I'll find deep inside you". Amirite?
well see... what happened there was I wrote 'there' because i didn't want to say deep, because too many people say 'deep inside you' in songs. (I swear that really was my train of thought!) But I accidently sang 'deep' because its such a habitual thing anymore. hahaha. lame, amirite?

Thanks for lyrics and other ...warm words, Lost :p
no problem. :p I honestly just thought you might want to know. I know it sounded all know it all, but i couldn't think of a way to word it to make it sound like the sincerely nice gesture that it really was intended as.

Free?
01-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Lost, it was an intended spelling of "idiot" to sound more like an idiot, well, I guess it was a miss from my side, but thanks for caring about my Inglesh anyway! :)

I suspected that This Isn't All was written in that weird way, but I have to say that first thing that came to my mind after reading Lost's lyrics was "Yeah, now the lyrics make more sense definitely". Now that you said that they aren't intentionally connected you kicked me for few steps back haha.

Keep producing your deep songs, keep making me happier with more sadness! \o/

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Lost, it was an intended spelling of "idiot" to sound more like an idiot, well, I guess it was a miss from my side, but thanks for caring about my Inglesh anyway! :)

hahaha. ok i get it. :o

Llamas
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I got so irritated with the version of the German song I uploaded before that I fixed it. I deleted the vocals and redid them from the beginning, and then I redid the very end to get rid of the obnoxiousness.
Du erkennst mich nicht wieder (http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=EK1EECD6)

I also wanted to hear what it'd sound like in English, so I deleted the vocals again and sang them in English.
You Don't Recognize Me Anymore (http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=D80KJPQC)

Free?
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
This time vocals are better!

:( anyway

ad8
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Free? is right, Du erkennst mich nicht wieder is a bit too quiet in the beginning/a bit too loud during the last chorus. Other than that, you did a great job! The song is beautiful, especially the sax:)

Llamas
01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
This time vocals are better!
:( anyway
Sorry to make you sad :( :(

Free? is right, Du erkennst mich nicht wieder is a bit too quiet in the beginning/a bit too loud during the last chorus. Other than that, you did a great job! The song is beautiful, especially the sax:)
Do you mean that in the first version I linked, or in the new one, too?

ad8
01-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry to make you sad :( :(

Do you mean that in the first version I linked, or in the new one, too?

I guess it was the first one... the new one was in english, wasn't it?

Llamas
01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I guess it was the first one... the new one was in english, wasn't it?

Well, I posted two new links in the same post. One was a better version of the German one, and one was an English one.

Llamas
05-07-2009, 01:21 AM
OMG guys!!! One of my professors allowed me to write a song for my final project (I will write a short paper about it, explaining its meaning and such, as well), and it had to be in German. I started writing it yesterday, and finished it today, and I feel sooooo awesome about it!!! I mean, it could completely suck ass, but it's the first song I've written since "This Isn't All", and it's my first song I've written in German... I feel so awesome right now. Now I just wish I knew that the grammar was correct and that the song made sense.... but I hope you guys will listen to it and tell me what you think. :)

Oh, and about the meaning: the class it's for is about the relationship between the US and Germany, so my final project had to be something regarding that. The overall meaning of my song is that these are two countries with an ocean between, yet there are very few countries this far apart who are so similar. Both countries have heavy influences on each other, yet we both talk so much smack about each other. So I tried to capture my thoughts about that with the song.

I'll post the lyrics... the actual lyrics (for those who speak German - and if you do, please tell me if there is anything wrong with the grammar!), and a translation (or at least what I HOPE it says... haha)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8W50WU62

Ich wachte auf im neuen Land
Und dachte ich, "Ich kenn' niemand"
Alles hier ist sicher kaputt
Zehn Minuten hier und ich hab' viel Wut
Dann fragt ein Mann ob ich verloren bin
Und denk' ich, dass wir nicht so anders sind
Wir sprechen ähnliche Sprachen
Und die Farben wir tragen
Müssen uns nicht abgrenzen

So laufe ich durch ein neues Land
Und spüre ich, ich kenne jedermann
Was denken Sie? Gönnt Obama unsern Wunsch?
Ich weiß auch schon nicht, aber besser als der George Bush

Meine Eltern kommen aus den USA
Und aus Frankfurt kam mein Großvater
Seit ich klein war hab' ich Sauerkraut gegess'n
Und seit mein Großvater starb hab' ich mein Deutsch verbessern
So viele Länder zusammen in den ganzen Welt
Wie viele Freundlichkeiten sind da gestellt?
Der Ozean grenzt uns ab
Dennoch haben wir viel gemeinsam
Was ist los mit kulture Mischung?

So spüren Sie über das Land
Wir beeinflussen ihr, aber habt ihr erst von Anfang
Was dachten Sie als Brad Pitt in Deutschland war?
Und David Hasselhoff... ist er wirklich wunderbar?

So wach' ich auf in keinem neuen Land
Hier in meinem Bett, bin ich nicht in Deutschland?

------------------------------------------------

Translation:

I woke up this morning in a new land
And I thought, "I don't know anybody
Everything here is messed up"
Ten minutes here and I'm full of anger
Then a man asks if I'm lost
And I think that we're not so different
We speak similar languages
And the colors we wear
Don't have to separate us

So I run through a new land
And I realize I know everyone
What do you think? Does Obama grant our wishes?
I still don't know, either, but he's better than George Bush!

My parents come from the USA
And from Frankfurt comes my grandfather
Since I was small I've eaten Sauerkraut
And since my grandfather died, I've bettered my German
So many countries together in the entire world
How many relationships are contrived?
The ocean separates us
However we have so much in common
What's wrong with cultural mixing?

So realize about the land
We influence you, but you did it first in the beginning
What did you think when Brad Pitt was in Germany?
And David Hasselhoff... is he really so wunderful?

So I wake up not in a new land
Here in my bed, am I not in Germany?

Outerspaceman21
05-07-2009, 02:21 AM
pretty sweet stuff

Llamas
05-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks Outerspaceman :)

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 02:56 AM
i'm hearing to it RIGHT now.

i really wasn't expecting this, thought it would be something more like stuff that randy usually does, guitars and company.
but it has been like a strangely pleasure to hear it!
i like/d it

next step: eurovision?

and did i hear "slut"? extra points if so LOL

edit: there is this weird noise i keep hearing it....bad recording? perhaps...or cause i hear it using my headset?

Llamas
05-07-2009, 03:00 AM
i'm hearing to it RIGHT now.

i really wasn't expecting this, thought it would be something more like stuff that randy usually does, guitars and company.
but it has been like a strangely pleasure to hear it!
i like/d it

next step: eurovision?

and did i hear "slut"? extra points if so LOL

edit: there is this weird noise i keep hearing it....bad recording? perhaps...or cause i hear it using my headset?

Thanks! There is guitar in the song, but it's acoustic and it's only in the last chorus and sax/piano duet part. :P

There's no slut... but I really wanted to find a way to work in my favorite word, Backpfeifengesicht... but it ruined the song, hahaha.

If the weird song is like fuzziness in the background, that's the recording itself. My computer always has that, no matter what. I record everything on my laptop using a microphone I stole from my step dad and with audacity... I don't really get great quality, haha.

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Thanks! There is guitar in the song, but it's acoustic and it's only in the last chorus and sax/piano duet part. :P

There's no slut... but I really wanted to find a way to work in my favorite word, Backpfeifengesicht... but it ruined the song, hahaha.

If the weird song is like fuzziness in the background, that's the recording itself. My computer always has that, no matter what. I record everything on my laptop using a microphone I stole from my step dad and with audacity... I don't really get great quality, haha.

i meant electric tho... :P

oh yeah it's that!! im gonna hear it again without the phones, so then my dogs can hear too:P

ill come back to u in almost 5 minutes!

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 03:08 AM
slut!! 1:27 / 1:28
hahaha sorry:P hear it again and now it's hard to change my mind!

and yeah well, i kinda still hear it but it's not so loud!

dude seriously, i guess i hear one song as good as this one in every single eurovision festival! u should try that! with a nice dress and a good make up and some dudes in the back dancing, it would be great!

the slut part is my fav!

congrats!

Llamas
05-07-2009, 03:11 AM
slut!! 1:27 / 1:28
hahaha sorry:P hear it again and now it's hard to change my mind!

and yeah well, i kinda still hear it but it's not so loud!

dude seriously, i guess i hear one song as good as this one in every single eurovision festival! u should try that! with a nice dress and a good make up and some dudes in the back dancing, it would be great!

the slut part is my fav!

congrats!

hahahahaha I seriously just lol'd at this post! You must pronounce "slut" weird ;) I'm saying "neues land" The "s" mixed with "land" I guess is like "sland" and you hear "slut" haha.

Eurovision... oh man that stuff is just sadly funny to watch! And I'm not European so I could never be on there ;) But thank you so much, haha!

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 03:14 AM
hahahahaha I seriously just lol'd at this post! You must pronounce "slut" weird ;) I'm saying "neues land" The "s" mixed with "land" I guess is like "sland" and you hear "slut" haha.

Eurovision... oh man that stuff is just sadly funny to watch! And I'm not European so I could never be on there ;) But thank you so much, haha!

yeah well, ya know when u misheard lyrics, and then u get the right ones, it is fucking hard to start saying the right lyrics again so u pretty much stick with the wrong ones :P this is the case!

LET ME THINK IT IS SLUT!!!

and yeah, weird way to say it, but come on, im used to lots of pronounces :P starting with my own LOL

oh u r not european...didnt know..

Llamas
05-07-2009, 03:15 AM
yeah well, ya know when u misheard lyrics, and then u get the right ones, it is fucking hard to start saying the right lyrics again so u pretty much stick with the wrong ones :P this is the case!

LET ME THINK IT IS SLUT!!!

haha I'm totally gonna hear "slut" from now on, too... damn you. And I'm playing this over the speaker for my class tomorrow... I'm seriously gonna start laughing at that part and look like a freak!!!

oh u r not european...didnt know..
haha I'm American. :)

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 03:19 AM
haha I'm totally gonna hear "slut" from now on, too... damn you. And I'm playing this over the speaker for my class tomorrow... I'm seriously gonna start laughing at that part and look like a freak!!!

haha I'm American. :)

no u surely won't!! let's count with your nervous to hold u up :P

of course, american
thanks for the update, now lot of things make sense :P (like the lyrics for example)
i thought u were english

Llamas
05-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Haha yes I'm American... the relationship between the US and Germany would be a super weird class to take if I was English! ;)

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Haha yes I'm American... the relationship between the US and Germany would be a super weird class to take if I was English! ;)

y?
FUCK MY MESSAGE WAS TOO SHORT. OH NOES.

Free?
05-07-2009, 04:01 AM
That's adorable! The beginning sounds VERY dramatic, and, well, the sadness goes through the whole song.

[I'm listening to it for the fourth time.] I like the vocal lines on verses (in the second verse they sound the best with drums), then the song builds up into some sort of international friendship anthem and ends up almost as dramatic as the beginning (the "ghostly" vocals give me a feeling that you're fading in the end :[).

[eighth time] Well, I love how you sing "Was ist los mit kulture Mischung?" and then the Hasselhoff-line with "yeeah!", that's the spirit! =D.

[ninth]I have a mixed feeling about what really is out of place - the instruments you performed with or the "chord progression", but it sounds too melancholic for such (not that sad) song meaning. I get more like "me and my lover are separated with the ocean" vibe from the sound.

[eleventh]I love the backing vocals.

I'm so fucking curious how you sound on RAFRAG covers now!

EDIT: "wunderful" song. =D

Llamas
05-07-2009, 04:12 AM
That's adorable! The beginning sounds VERY dramatic, and, well, the sadness goes through the whole song.

[I'm listening to it for the fourth time.] I like the vocal lines on verses (in the second verse they sound the best with drums), then the song builds up into some sort of international friendship anthem and ends up almost as dramatic as the beginning (the "ghostly" vocals give me a feeling that you're fading in the end :[).

[eighth time] Well, I love how you sing "Was ist los mit kulture Mischung?" and then the Hasselhoff-line with "yeeah!", that's the spirit! =D.

[ninth]I have a mixed feeling about what really is out of place - the instruments you performed with or the "chord progression", but it sounds too melancholic for such (not that sad) song meaning. I get more like "me and my lover are separated with the ocean" vibe from the sound.

[eleventh]I love the backing vocals.

I'm so fucking curious how you sound on RAFRAG covers now!

EDIT: "wunderful" song. =D

lol!!! <3

Apparently I absolutely can't write songs that sound happy... :( Also I realized that "kulture Mischung" is completely wrong and it should be "kulturelle Mischen"... I'm not gonna rerecord the vocals for that cause it sounds close enough :P

I'm sad that something is out of place :( That's not good.

Shit... I did type "wunderful" hahahaha. Oh, D-Englisch!

And you'll hear the RFRG stuff soon enough :P

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 04:27 AM
wtf brianna dont u do this to me!

wut did u mean by that? i didnt get it :| damn

edit: hate when ppl do that! i hate baloons too! i want answers, gonna see dr house.

Rutegard
05-07-2009, 05:40 AM
i dont like too much edits

ya know wut? i just heard the omg piano song!edit? and i really like the first 2 minutes but then it started to creep me out a lil bit cause it seemed like there were some ghosts singing...but it totally rocks!

dunno which one i prefer. :| they r both good and have u ever hear some of lex land stuff?

Llamas
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
wtf brianna dont u do this to me!

wut did u mean by that? i didnt get it :| damn

edit: hate when ppl do that! i hate baloons too! i want answers, gonna see dr house.

Sorry, I didn't see your post. It just seems like it'd be sort of a weird topic to study if I wasn't from one of the countries... I dunno.

i dont like too much edits

ya know wut? i just heard the omg piano song!edit? and i really like the first 2 minutes but then it started to creep me out a lil bit cause it seemed like there were some ghosts singing...but it totally rocks!

dunno which one i prefer. :| they r both good and have u ever hear some of lex land stuff?

I actually am going to have to re-record the vocals for the (German) song because I realized that a lot of the grammar was bad. But that's okay :P

Sorry you don't like the scary lady vocals in "This Isn't All" haha! I haven't heard of Lex Land.

randman21
05-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Look who got all awesome at mixing recently! Lolz, you've come a loooong way on that front, and I be impressed.

As for the song, I love it. :) It hurts my brain to give in-depth analysis, so I can't, but just know that I liked practically everything about it, especially the vocal harmonies. Oh, and I heard "slut" too.

Sorry you don't like the scary lady vocals in "This Isn't All" haha!
Teeheehee.

Llamas
05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Look who got all awesome at mixing recently! Lolz, you've come a loooong way on that front, and I be impressed.

As for the song, I love it. :) It hurts my brain to give in-depth analysis, so I can't, but just know that I liked practically everything about it, especially the vocal harmonies. Oh, and I heard "slut" too.

Teeheehee.

Ahhh :) I still feel like I SUCK at mixing, but when I listen to anything before "The Surge", which was the first song I did with having to sync up a bunch of tracks, I have a hard time listening to it... that whole "hitting record, playing, hitting stop, and exporting to mp3" thing just... doesn't sound good :P

I'm glad you like it! If your brain stops hurting, I'd love to hear more specifics about what you think! When you said, "practically everything", was there something you don't like? I'm curious. And yes... "slut" makes me laugh every single time now... gah!

_Lost_
05-07-2009, 05:34 PM
_lost_ likes this.

Rutegard
05-08-2009, 03:32 AM
I actually am going to have to re-record the vocals for the (German) song because I realized that a lot of the grammar was bad. But that's okay :P

hope it had nothing to do with the slut :P

hope everything will be ok with your work.
and thanks.

ad8
05-08-2009, 07:21 AM
I just listened to it and I like it. There's a really nice atmosphere in this song. I really like the vocal harmonies and the piano. What made me chuckle a bit was your pronounciation of the "ch" because that sounded like the dialect from cologne:D
Good work!

Llamas
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
hope it had nothing to do with the slut :P

hope everything will be ok with your work.
and thanks.

haha! The "slut" still makes me giggle every time. And thanks!

I just listened to it and I like it. There's a really nice atmosphere in this song. I really like the vocal harmonies and the piano. What made me chuckle a bit was your pronounciation of the "ch" because that sounded like the dialect from cologne:D
Good work!
Ahh thank you! I pronounce the "ch" funny? hehe. Do you mean like in "ich" and "mich" and stuff, or do you mean in like "sprechen"? Because I noticed that I pronounce them different, which seems weird to me... anyway, I studied in Austria, and I think I've got a bit of a southern accent when I speak German, so that could be why! :)

Curious: what's your opinion of my accent? Do I sound American? Or do I just sound foreign? OR DO I SOUND AUSTRIAN?? hahaha.

Thanks again for the kind words!

ad8
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Ahh thank you! I pronounce the "ch" funny? hehe. Do you mean like in "ich" and "mich" and stuff, or do you mean in like "sprechen"? Because I noticed that I pronounce them different, which seems weird to me... anyway, I studied in Austria, and I think I've got a bit of a southern accent when I speak German, so that could be why! :)

Curious: what's your opinion of my accent? Do I sound American? Or do I just sound foreign? OR DO I SOUND AUSTRIAN?? hahaha.

Thanks again for the kind words!
I meant "ch" like in mich or ich. But wow, you studied in Austria? You sound rather german than austrian... and I can't really tell what kind of accent you speak. I guess it's american since I rarely hear american people speak german. But sometimes it's similar to the french accent, too.

Llamas
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I meant "ch" like in mich or ich. But wow, you studied in Austria? You sound rather german than austrian... and I can't really tell what kind of accent you speak. I guess it's american since I rarely hear american people speak german. But sometimes it's similar to the french accent, too.

French?? Odd. And I had to look up where Köln is... for some reason I was thinking it's southern, but then I thought wait, no... yeah it's super weird that I say my "ch" wie eine Kölnerin ;) I took a class this semester about German Dialects, and it was soooo interesting! I'm still not sure where the heck my accent falls... I don't think I have a typical Hochdeutsch accent, or a typical Austrian accent... I'm just a weirdo!

Superdope
05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I am actually half-German... just wanted to throw that out there, alongside my love for Wir Sind Helden and your fab cover.

Llamas
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I am actually half-German... just wanted to throw that out there, alongside my love for Wir Sind Helden and your fab cover.

haha! :P did you listen to the new song that I posted? Or just here to talk about how awesome WSH is? Cause I totally agree. <3 When I'm back in Europe, we should totally meet up in Germany to go see them sometime!

Superdope
05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
haha! :P did you listen to the new song that I posted? Or just here to talk about how awesome WSH is? Cause I totally agree. <3 When I'm back in Europe, we should totally meet up in Germany to go see them sometime!

I'm listening to the new one right now. Like it so far. The buildup is great. And the Germany meetup is now officially GETTING DONE!

Llamas
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm listening to the new one right now. Like it so far. The buildup is great. And the Germany meetup is now officially GETTING DONE!

Sweet! It's on!

BY THE WAY I redid the song. It sounds a MILLION TIMES better now. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ98PQ9H And it doesn't sound like I'm saying "slut" anymore!!!! :D

Oh, and I fixed the lyrics. They're way better now. (The English translation is pretty much still the same.)

Ich wachte heute auf in einem neuen Land
Und da dachte ich mir, "Ich kenn' niemand"
Alles hier ist total kaputt
Zehn Minuten hier und ich bin voll Wut
Dann fragt ein Mann ob ich weiß wo ich bin
Und ich denk' mir, dass wir nicht so anders sind
Wir sprechen ähnliche Sprachen
Und die Farben, die wir tragen
Müssen uns nicht abgrenzen

So laufe ich durch ein neues Land
Und bemerke ich, ich kenne jedermann
Was denken Sie? Wird Obama unseren Vorstellungen gerecht?
Ich weiß nicht so recht, aber er ist besser als George Bush

Meine Eltern kommen aus den USA
Und aus Frankfurt kam mein Großvater
Seit ich klein war hab' ich Sauerkraut gegess'n
Und seitdem mein Großvater gestorben war hab' ich mein Deutsch verbessern
So viele Länder vereint in der ganzen Welt
Wie viele Freundschaften sind da gekünstelt?
Der Ozean trennt uns ab
Dennoch haben wir viel gemeinsam
Was ist falsch an kultureller Vermengung?

So versucht zu verstehen
Wir beeinflussen euch, aber ihr habt damit angefangen
Was dachtet ihr als Brad Pitt in Deutschland war?
Und David Hasselhoff... ist er wirklich wunderbar?

So wach' ich auf in keinem neuen Land
Hier in meinem Bett, bin ich nicht in Deutschland?

Rutegard
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
BY THE WAY I redid the song. It sounds a MILLION TIMES better now. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ98PQ9H And it doesn't sound like I'm saying "slut" anymore!!!! :D

i'm gonna check that out :P

Llamas
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
i'm gonna check that out :P

haha you're the ultimate judge of whether or not it still sounds like slut! I had my friend Jen listen to it and I was like "does it sound like "slut" at 1:27?" and she said, "It sounds like "slaunt"" So I THINK I win, but you're the real determiner... haha.

Rutegard
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
haha you're the ultimate judge of whether or not it still sounds like slut! I had my friend Jen listen to it and I was like "does it sound like "slut" at 1:27?" and she said, "It sounds like "slaunt"" So I THINK I win, but you're the real determiner... haha.

u r too damn funny :)

yeah, no more slut now :( (i kinda liked that :P)

it's awesome! congrats!

Llamas
05-09-2009, 12:31 PM
u r too damn funny :)

yeah, no more slut now :( (i kinda liked that :P)

it's awesome! congrats!

haha, "slut" was funny, but I'm submitting this for a grade that's worth like 20% of my final grade, and I wanted to make sure my pronunciation was good. :)

And thank you again! :)

Free?
05-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, since the vocals are noticeably cleaner and smoother, I can definitely hear now how you pronounce "Ich" in "Ish"-way often. Also I hear M[ai]nuten. I like how you pull higher notes when singing [a] everywhere (like in sl[a]t :D). Also I think that your previous lyrics sounded better as vocal lines, the new are more correct and stuff, but I liked "Was ist los mit kulturelle Mischung" better. Maybe because I already got used to it.
The new version, however, saddens me less than the first one. :P

Rutegard
05-09-2009, 12:40 PM

true. i almost cried when i heard it for the very first time. :P

really, i forgot to mention it but i prefer this new version.

Llamas
05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, since the vocals are noticeably cleaner and smoother, I can definitely hear now how you pronounce "Ich" in "Ish"-way often. Also I hear M[ai]nuten. I like how you pull higher notes when singing [a] everywhere (like in sl[a]t :D). Also I think that your previous lyrics sounded better as vocal lines, the new are more correct and stuff, but I liked "Was ist los mit kulturelle Mischung" better. Maybe because I already got used to it.

- yeah, I don't know how long I've pronounced "ich" like "eesh", but nobody has ever told me it's wrong, so I keep doing it haha.

- I definitely pronounced "Minuten" weird! I knew it after I sang it, but I didn't think it was important enough to rerecord, since I was happy with the rest of the take!

- I wrote the lyrics before to fit the melody... I had to work these lyrics INTO the melody... I sort of had to force them to work. It was really hard to do. So I'm not surprised it sounded better before. I found out that "kulturelle mischung" just pretty much didn't make sense. Mischung is straight up the wrong word. Plus I looked up vermengung and liked the meaning better. :)

-I'm glad it saddens you less! I did try to sing it a bit more cheerfully this time! hehe.

Llamas
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
true. i almost cried when i heard it for the very first time. :P

really, i forgot to mention it but i prefer this new version.

Oh I just saw this post. Thanks! I submitted the song to my professor last night... hopefully I'll find out in a few days how I did!

Rutegard
05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh I just saw this post. Thanks! I submitted the song to my professor last night... hopefully I'll find out in a few days how I did!

will u let us know?

Rutegard
06-04-2009, 06:34 AM
will u let us know?

i just love when i quote myself

any news ?!

Llamas
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh sorry, haha. I got an A. :)

Rutegard
06-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh sorry, haha. I got an A. :)