PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate the BBS in 2008?

bighead384
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
On the scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, how enjoyable has posting on this BBS been in 2008?

Cock Joke
01-10-2009, 06:28 PM
In 2008, it was an awesome 5 (For the most part)! Now, all of a sudden in 2009, it sank to a 1.

randman21
01-10-2009, 06:48 PM
In 2008, it was an awesome 5 (For the most part)! Now, all of a sudden in 2009, it sank to a 1.
A big ol' QFT

Thomas
01-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I gave it a two. That was my fourth year on the board and although some of it's most memorable moments came from this year, I thought it was a pretty shitty year in general. I think it might have been a bit better than 2007, though. I think in my mind, I will always think of 2006 as the board's best year that I've seen.

As for 2009, it seems like all the bickering is finally starting to quell so I have very high hopes for this upcoming year. All of 08's spammers are now positive contributors and, although there are still a few loose ends to tie up, it seems like everyone is just going to get along a lot better this year than 08.

ad8
01-11-2009, 06:11 AM

Well, we all have to suffer the economic recession now, y'know;)
I gave it a 4.

Superdope
01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I gave it a three. As much as I've been visiting these forums last year, I still didn't post as much. 2008 was still a great year because of some of the new members, who have become friends of mine.

Rooster
01-11-2009, 09:30 AM
I gave it 4. I joined in june 2008, and since then i have spend much fun time here. I hope 2009 would be even better.

Bipolar Bear
01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Joined may 5th, 2008 on jim109109. I wasn't expecting as much when I joined. I'm not saying it's perfect, but compared to other forums I've seen, it's pretty nice.

bighead384
01-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I gave it a 4 out of 5. Most of the time, this place doesn't fail me in my times of boredom. Though every once in a while, I sign on and there's not really anything that interests me.

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I voted 5 - when I joined I really wasn't expecting much and have been pleasantly surprised. I have met some really amazing people and really have nothing negative to say about my experience here during the year.

Rutegard
01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
i gave it a 4! writing some offspring stories...and having someone that REALLY read them was cool and kept me busy, avoiding some really boring days!

and of course, the daily basic talking is also entertainment (at least to me, not sure how it feels to my conversation partners... ;])

bighead384
01-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Al Coholic voted and gave it a 2, but was barely here in 2008. WTF.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Al Coholic voted and gave it a 2, but was barely here in 2008. WTF.

I'm 99% certain he's an alt. Kinda like endlesstom ;)

bighead384
01-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm 99% certain he's an alt. Kinda like endlesstom ;)

I was thinking about posting as endlesst0m again. I'm not sure which name I like better.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I was thinking about posting as endlesst0m again. I'm not sure which name I like better.

I wouldn't post as that name again. Personally, I have a negative association with that poster. I liked endlesst0m less than I like bighead384, haha.

bighead384
01-11-2009, 01:41 PM
True. But everywhere else I go I'm endlesst0m, so I'm a little more used to it. BTW, how do you know Al Coholic is an alternate account?

Conspiracyof1000
01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I voted 5. If this poll was up a few months after I signed up, I would have voted 3, but after being here for almost a year now I met some really cool people and I didn't think that could happen since I was a bit paranoid about the internet for a while. I like this place because I can slide under the radar and not really be called out on stupid stuff, unlike being at high school.

Thomas
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
True. But everywhere else I go I'm endlesst0m, so I'm a little more used to it. BTW, how do you know Al Coholic is an alternate account?

He uses correct grammar?

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/idn_smilie.gif

EDIT: My smilie fails in this black background.

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I'd highly recommend sticking with bighead384. I think returning to your old handle would be nothing but a step backwards for you.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
endlesst0m > bighead384.

Thomas
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
They are the same person? I had no clue...

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
The thread were that was revealed, I always thought was a conspiracy. Jakebert made it, and it seemed like the only real purpose was to reveal that. amirite?

Jakebert
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Which thread was that? I had no idea you were bighead. I remember someone had to tell me.

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Which thread was that? I had no idea you were bighead. I remember someone had to tell me.

Yeah...I dunno about that. I forget which thread it was. But it started with a general idea, and then seemed to focus on the fact that "endlesst0m" left, which probably wasn't that memorable anyway. And of course, that set up "someone" to bring it up without looking like they went out of their way. It just seemed a little too random. But it could have been a coincidence. Not trying to kick up old dirt here, it's not a big deal. Just sayin'.

Jakebert
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
OH. It was the "BBS Memories" thread. And yes, it was a coincidence. I had no idea you were bighead, but for some reason, I had just been reminded of the time I told you to "learn to read" and you threw a bitchfit and left the board briefly. And the thread was about a lot more than just you.

And I really hope you're joking when you think there was something more to it than that. If you honestly think that, you have some major ego problems.

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
OH. It was the "BBS Memories" thread. And yes, it was a coincidence. I had no idea you were bighead, but for some reason, I had just been reminded of the time I told you to "learn to read" and you threw a bitchfit and left the board briefly. And the thread was about a lot more than just you.

And I really hope you're joking when you think there was something more to it than that. If you honestly think that, you have some major ego problems.

I'll take your word for it, but I'm not going to blame myself for thinking that. It came out NOWHERE, and it was right after I made that thread saying I would change. So it was like I was being tested. I didn't even stand out that much when I was endlesst0m. Then you made a thread well over two years later about it, when it wasn't that big of a deal in the first place? That's straight up weird and out of nowhere. I do believe it was a coincidence, I'm just saying...can't really blame myself for suspecting that.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
BTW, how do you know Al Coholic is an alternate account?

He seems to understand in jokes, he formed opinions on posters within like, days of joining the bbs, people already like him, he seems to fully understand how this bbs works, and he voted 2 on the bbs in 2008.

Jakebert
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
The fact that you didn't stand out as endlesst0m is exactly why it was so memorable. I had, I think, like two conversations with you prior to that incident, which is exactly what made you freaking out over it so funny because you acted like I had been harassing you endlesslyt0m for ages or something.

And again, that thread was about a lot more than just that moment. The idea was toe reminisce about BBS moments in general, and although I don't remember exactly what I posted, I do remember posting more than just that.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I didn't even stand out that much when I was endlesst0m.

I'm not disagreeing or even gonna comment on other things in your post, but you definitely stuck out to me a bit. PM me if you wanna know why, I'd rather not get people riled up in the thread.

nieh
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
He seems to understand in jokes, he formed opinions on posters within like, days of joining the bbs, people already like him, he seems to fully understand how this bbs works, and he voted 2 on the bbs in 2008.

I have no idea if he's an older member, but I've enjoyed nearly every post of his I've read so far, thus, I think he's awesome.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I have no idea if he's an older member, but I've enjoyed nearly every post of his I've read so far, thus, I think he's awesome.

Yeah, I like the guy, no matter who he might have been before. I just think he's an alt.

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm not disagreeing or even gonna comment on other things in your post, but you definitely stuck out to me a bit. PM me if you wanna know why, I'd rather not get people riled up in the thread.

LOL. You gotta be careful not to rile up them BBS folk. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can figure out the more memorable things I did, I have a good memory. Just didn't think I was ever someone to reminisce about two years down the line.

Edit: Actually it was only a year and three months since I stopped posting as Endlesst0m. Wow, seemed like it was longer then that.

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM

Not only that, but I've seen him reinforce the idea that he's new here over and over.

EDIT: hehehe... I think the only thing I really remember about you as endlesstOm is your avatar. :D

Llamas
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Not only that, but I've seen him reinforce the idea that he's new here over and over.

Yeah, there are more reasons, but I didn't feel the need to list all of them. I thought 5 was enough. ;) But there's also the fact that, when I PMed him asking what his former account was (which I would not have blabbed), he ignored me.

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, there are more reasons, but I didn't feel the need to list all of them. I thought 5 was enough. ;) But there's also the fact that, when I PMed him asking what his former account was (which I would not have blabbed), he ignored me.

There's more than 5 reasons already? 5 is plenty, I get it. I also noticed that 1565 called him out on having another account too, so she probably already looked up the IP adress, for whatever reason.

Little_Miss_1565
01-11-2009, 11:39 PM
There's more than 5 reasons already? 5 is plenty, I get it. I also noticed that 1565 called him out on having another account too, so she probably already looked up the IP adress, for whatever reason.

I'm truly astounded by the number of times I can tell you why I do something or what triggers me to do something like look up IP logs, and yet you will still insist that I'm being unreasonable. Even though 99% of the time it ends up confirming a suspicion that someone has created a gimmick, or a banned member has created another account.

What I remember very clearly about you posting from this account was that you had found my MySpace account and posted pictures to Photo Album from it, which isn't weird and awkward at all.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 11:56 PM
What I remember very clearly about you posting from this account was that you had found my MySpace account and posted pictures to Photo Album from it, which isn't weird and awkward at all.

??? He did that?? Though I guess ninth did that with goona...

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2009, 12:04 AM
This is a road we do not want to go down...

bighead384
01-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm truly astounded by the number of times I can tell you why I do something or what triggers me to do something like look up IP logs, and yet you will still insist that I'm being unreasonable. Even though 99% of the time it ends up confirming a suspicion that someone has created a gimmick, or a banned member has created another account.

When did I insist you're being unreasonable? You are unreasonable, don't get me wrong. But I don't know where this is coming from.

And yeah, like 3-4 years ago, I think I posted a link to your Myspace. I didn't post any of your pictures on this website.

Way to be belligerent again.

IamSam
01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Oh this should be fun.

_Lost_
01-12-2009, 12:22 AM
here we go again...

Llamas
01-12-2009, 12:26 AM
here we go again...

Thank you for getting whitesnake stuck in my head.

And yes. This looks like it's going to be fun.

_Lost_
01-12-2009, 12:30 AM
honestly i don't see 1565 as the big scene type. she might rip his head off in a more private way...
I almost feel jipped by this fact.

0r4ng3
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
here we go again...
I actually said this exact thing (well, in my head) before clicking the next page button. Uncanny.

bighead384
01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Thank you for getting whitesnake stuck in my head.

And yes. This looks like it's going to be fun.
It actually made me think of Takes Me Nowhere.

_Lost_
01-12-2009, 12:34 AM
It actually made me think of Takes Me Nowhere.

for me it was here it goes again by ok go.

Llamas
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Haha. That's awesome. The songs got progressively better.

Budzy
01-12-2009, 01:58 AM
2008 was my first year, so I guess it has to be a 5, because I don't know any better.

Cock Joke
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Could we...*ahem!* see these photos?

Duskygrin
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
It wasn't too good. I'll give it a 1. I was immoderately saddened by the disappearance of the original Peace & Hang thread. RIP.

Al Coholic
01-13-2009, 11:39 PM

You got me man. I don't know where I went wrong, but you've outsmarted me. Having opinions on peoples based on their posts that I've read...well I didn't think that's something someone new couldn't do. Also I figured everyone with half a brain could figure out how a bbs works. I figured it would be harmless to vote on some dumb poll and just use what I'd observed recently to rank it. Little did I know you had yourself some sluething skills.

I think it was people liking me. That one makes the most sense of all. God dammit, that ties it all together.OFCOURSE nobody new is likeable, thats the first rule to forums. Fuck.

bighead384
01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
You seem too witty to have such a lame username. No offense, man.

Jebus
01-13-2009, 11:56 PM
It's a Simpson reference.

Al Coholic
01-13-2009, 11:57 PM

All usernames suck after you've heard them more than twice. You're not one to talk either.

WebDudette
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM

Your username is bighead384...

IamSam
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Your username is bighead384...

So...it...fits...?

bighead384
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Sorry, just wouldn't expect that kind of username for a guy like you for some reason.

Thomas
01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it's kinda bad to judge someone by his username, but it's REALLY easy to do, especially if it has numbers or special characters. That's why I changed mine a few years ago from Drummerguy123. how embarrassing it was that I got like 5,000 posts under that name... *facepalm*

wheelchairman
01-14-2009, 06:09 AM
This topic is starting to suck and get predictable.

You know what the problem with being smart is? You pretty much always know what's going to happen. (thank you BANDITS for that awesome quote.)

bighead384
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
My OCD demands that one more person vote on this poll to reach 30.

Llamas
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM
You got me man. I don't know where I went wrong, but you've outsmarted me. Having opinions on peoples based on their posts that I've read...well I didn't think that's something someone new couldn't do. Also I figured everyone with half a brain could figure out how a bbs works. I figured it would be harmless to vote on some dumb poll and just use what I'd observed recently to rank it. Little did I know you had yourself some sluething skills.

I think it was people liking me. That one makes the most sense of all. God dammit, that ties it all together.OFCOURSE nobody new is likeable, thats the first rule to forums. Fuck.

No need to get defensive. I don't dislike you or anything, I'm just pretty certain you're not actually new. I'm not sure why you'd get all weird about that (unless it's true).

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Come on now. You tellin' me that someone wouldn't be just as angry about that because it's not true? No one likes false accusations. That's what I personally call "pop-logic", and it's lame.

But I also think he isn't new either, lol.

holland25
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
I voted 4 and then read that it's supposed to be reverse. I want to change my vote to 2. Now!

SK8rocka
01-19-2009, 02:28 AM
I voted 3,

This year was pretty good, Great memories.

This year i learnt who my real friends are, and i realised
what i have to do to be a constructive member.

holland25
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
...you joined ''this'' year...

Drafan
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I voted 4 and then read that it's supposed to be reverse. I want to change my vote to 2. Now!

I vote 2 instead of my 4, so it will be correct :)

bighead384
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
So...based on these statistics, one could gather that:

Slightly more than half of the people that come here feel that this board was very enjoyable in 2008.

About 1/4 of the people that come here have serious problems with how things were in 2008.

About 3/4 of the people that come here feel that this board was decent or better in 2008.

Bipolar Bear
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
90% of the people who have a problem with the boards aren't new members.

wheelchairman
01-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Of the people who voted.

I didn't vote, and I'm sure many others didn't either.

Or maybe I'm the only one :(

T-6005
01-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, it's kinda bad to judge someone by his username, but it's REALLY easy to do, especially if it has numbers or special characters. That's why I changed mine a few years ago from Drummerguy123. how embarrassing it was that I got like 5,000 posts under that name... *facepalm*

You're telling me that I'm handicapped from the start?

Also, when did I go over 7k?

bighead384
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Of the people who voted.

I didn't vote, and I'm sure many others didn't either.

Or maybe I'm the only one :(

Eh...35 votes seems right on the line of being a decent number of people. I would've liked 5-10 more people, but 35 probably represents the general opinion fairly well. I honestly thought more people would vote. LOL maybe some people want to give it a one or two, but they feel like if they did that, they'd have to question why they even come here.

Smash_Returns
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
A 4.

Trust me, this is one of the best band forums I've ever seen.

Others are either total anarchy, OR they are run like a bunch of brits sipping tea where you cant really have any fun *cough*Iron Maiden Non-FC forums*cough*

On here, you can have fun, as long as you don't act like a total jackass.

And you can even ocassionally have a jackass come along, just to give everyone else a good laugh.