PDA

View Full Version : Bruno's Music Thread

findout5
01-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Houdy gang!
I'm gonna start posting some records (full-length and LP's) for you to hear. I hope you enjoy them and support the artists by buying their records and watching them live. My criteria will be: Classic record, Totally Unknown, Out Of Print, Watch Out For Them, etc. So I'm gonna start by posting 2 records today:

The Living End - White Noise (2008)

This was one of the best records last year. They got kinda big way back in 1999 and their career has been going downhill eversince. I feel really bad that this band isn't more successfull. If more people listened about them they'd be bigger. They are really amazing players. I hope that they stick together and keep making records.

AFI - Black Sails EP (1999)

Well, most of you know this great band! This EP has been out of print for a while now. It includes one rare song - Who Knew? It's a nice one! What more can I say?

I hope you like the records. I'll try and post one record per day - from different genres also. I do not take requests, UNLESS it's something from an artist that I have posted before. Cheers.

T-6005
01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I think you might want to start with albums that not everyone and their grandmother has heard.

findout5
01-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Mushroom, if you don't like'em, don't donwload them and don't post about it. Piss off.

Anyway, today I'm bringing you another two records.

AC/DC - Back In Black (1980)

Well, this one is a classic that has sold 48 million copies worldwide. I guess it's OK if you don't buy this one! Great live band also.

Mosh - The Damage Done EP (2006)

This is the debut Ep from a portuguese rock/metal band. They are pretty good and relatively unknown. If they play near you, don't miss'em.

Tomorrow, I'll keep'em coming.

Free?
01-12-2009, 03:42 AM
findout5 thanks for sharing your favorite music with us!

Also "mushroom" wasn't really offending you, just pointed that those albums aren't any discovery for most people here.

Anyway, you have a good intention, keep uploading stuff!

findout5
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Radiohead - Airbag/How Am I Driving EP (1998)

This one is loaded with goodies, including 6 OK Computer songs that didn't make it all the way to that record. This EP is kinda rare. I reckon Radiohead is a really groundbreaking band - they really strive to make the best record EVERYTIME they go and make a record. Sometimes they succeed, other times they don't :p But I'll give'em kudos for trying! Buy their stuff - all of it! Go see them live.

Elliott Smith - Roman Candle (1994)

Well, this is surely very different than the music many of you listen. Unfortunately Elliott has already passed away. He was a very amazing musician, a great songwriter and if you like fingerpicking, this guy is as good as it gets. This is his first record, really lo-fi soundwise, but still great. One of these days I'll post something more grandiose of his.

Cheers

findout5
01-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Fugazi - The Argument (2001) + Furniture EP (2001)

I love this band, for their music and all they represent. This is one of their best records - and I've also included a EP they put out at the same time as the record itself. They've gone on hiatus to devote time to their families. I hope someday they return. I wanna see them live!! They've changed the way I perceive music. Amazing.

Pearl Jam - Live At Easy Street EP (2006)

Who the hell doesn't know them?? Right? This is a pretty rare live EP, that includes non-album songs. It's nice :)
If you haven't see them live, you're missing out on a lot. Get their records! And get the "Ten" special editions that are coming out soon!

You guys are kind of quiet out there...

Rutegard
01-13-2009, 04:19 AM
wow thanks a lot Bruno, my sister thanked for Pearl Jam's file!

RonWelty
01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Nice thread! Estou a seguir bruno :)

Forza
01-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the Radiohead EP. Airbags save your life.

findout5
01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I was gonna wait till tomorrow to post, but what the hell!

Jim Ward - Quiet EP (2008)
This is an EP by Jim Ward - the singer/guitarrist from Sparta. Sparta is one of my fave bands, and this is a really nice acoustic EP. Hope you like it too!

Social Distortion - White Light, White Heat, White Trash (1996)
Ah...the great SD! Some will argue MLM is their best record, or maybe their S/T - but to me, this is IT! It's a great record, there's a theme of redemption going throught the entire record, and if you've fucked up in life at least half of what I did, you'll enjoy it too! Hope they put out something new - soon!

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Awesome ... Thanks :)

findout5
01-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks for writing supporting comments guys!

RATM - Live & Rare (1996)

The great Rage Against The Machine! If you've never seen them live you're missing out on a lot! Today I'm sharing the rare japanese import - Live And Rare, that was released there to promote the Evil Empire tour. It contains live ad rare songs (shocker!). Get every record they put out - they are all brilliant!

Thrice - Red Sky EP (2006)

I love Thrice! This EP contains live/acoustic renditions + non-album songs. Support this band. They are absolutely ambitious.

findout5
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley (1994)

A classic that defines that genre. For those who don't know this is Josh Homme's (QOTSA) previous band. Bloody amazing! They are not around anymore! The fuckers! :mad:

Silverchair - Tomorrow EP (1994)

I really like them...now! They evolve a lot with each new record. I started buying their stuff from Neon Ballroom on, and then started going back. This is the Ep from their biggest hit to date - the very 1st thing they recorded. Includes 3 non-Frogstomp songs + Tomorrow is not the Frogstomp recorded version. Go buy their stuff and go see them live!!!

findout5
01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Bad Religion - Into The Unknown (1983)

So, this is the long out of print record that made Jay and whoever played drums quit the band. The big flop...that went for 250 $US on ebay just the other day! I guess the instrumentation chosen isn't the best, but there's still good songs on it. What do you think? :p

Men Eater - Hellstone (2007)

The portuguese metal press hailed this as Album Of The Year - in 2007. They are a really good band, that really understand dynamics...they were probably into Kyuss and some heavier stuff too. Great record. Hope you fuckers like it.

dff_punk
01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
That's pretty much the worst Bad Religion album ever made, despite its rareness.

findout5
01-16-2009, 03:23 AM
Pennywise - About Time (1995)

Well, a classic! I used to love them...
This is the remastered version. It was co-produced by BR's Mr. Brett + Jerry Finn - what a great team!

Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come (1998)

Another classic. I still love them. Not together anymore. Some of them are part of The (International) Noise Conspiracy - great, but no Refused!

findout5
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Any Bad Religion fans out there?

American Lesion - American Lesion (1997)

This is Greg Graffin's first solo record, put out on Atlantic. It's currently out of print. He produced, mixed, recorded and played everything on it! I like it more than the 2nd record he put out!

Greg Graffin - Cold As The Clay (2006)

And here is the 2nd record he put out. Mr. Brett produced this one. He plays a lot of covers on this one, as opposed t the 1st record that only had original material.

Hope you like this!

findout5
01-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Any Weezer fans out there??

Space Twins - The End Of Imagining (2003)
Brian Bell's side project.

The Special Goodness - Land, Air, Sea (2004)
Pat's side project. Atom Willard plays drums on this one! I included one bonus track...just fo you guys!

Fuck. Say something.

Forza
01-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Fuck. Say something.

Something.

RonWelty
01-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Any Weezer fans out there??

Space Twins - The End Of Imagining (2003)
Brian Bell's side project.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6R2XZKJJ

The Special Goodness - Land, Air, Sea (2004)
Pat's side project. Atom Willard plays drums on this one! I included one bonus track...just fo you guys!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND1DUHAR

Fuck. Say something.

I bought that TSG album... It is really nice. I would explain people that "Pat" is Patrick Wilson from WEEZER, the drummer.

Autonomist
01-18-2009, 07:46 AM
I really like Cold as the Clay, despite what anyone says.

findout5
01-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Well, I guess there are Weezer and BR fans here...here's a little treat for you all:

Bad Religion - New America + 21st Century Digital Boy (Cd-Singles)

Weezer - El Scorcho + Hash Pie + IITS + Keep Fishin' (CD-Singles)

Loaded with nice B-sides ;)

findout5
01-20-2009, 02:52 AM
U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)
Just heard the new single yesterday and thought it would be a nice time to post this clasic!

Vex Red - Start With A Strong And Persistent Desire (2002)
This was a british rock band, that were pretty good. They only made this record. You can hear influences from NIN, The Cure and Silverchair-like singing (circa Diorama). Great stuff. Ross Robinson produced.

dff_punk
01-20-2009, 03:24 AM
The majority of this stuff is very easily findable on internet. Not to start and argument, just saying. Go findout5 yourself.

RonWelty
01-20-2009, 03:58 AM
I think he should continue.

dff_punk
01-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Yes, of course, no doubt about that.

Rutegard
01-20-2009, 04:52 AM
i want more too :)

findout5
01-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Dff punk
Welcome to the disclaimer
That's right, the disclaimer

This kind of institution
Known as Bruno's Thread
Will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm
From the posts that might actually make you think
And will also insult your intelligence at the same time

So protect your family.
This thread contains explicit depictions
Of records which are real.
These real records are commonly known as music.
So, if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous,
Do not download this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't view it.

That said: Dff, I doubt that you can find any of the stuff I post with 320kps quality - everything here is a cd rip. There are a lot of people on this board that might not know about stuff I post - this thread is for them.
Some of this stuff is obscure, other stuff...not really.

dff_punk
01-20-2009, 05:45 AM
You know, that was really nice :) Just keep on posting!

findout5
01-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Son Of Sam - Songs From The Earth (2001)

This is a one-off side project from Davey Havoc and Samhain (a band where Danzig also sings). It's a nice one. A bit of punk, a bit of metal, a bit of goth!

Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You

Yesterday I was hearing Interstate Love Song and just reminded myself of growing up and listening to them. This is like a best of / greatest hits compilation.

Forza
01-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Stone Temple Pilots, I'm not familiar with them but keep hearing their name. I'll give it a shot. (Probably should recognize some songs)

Rutegard
01-21-2009, 06:15 AM
can i get some Xutos e Pontapés cd?

findout5
01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
can i get some Xutos e Pontapés cd?

Sorry :( I have nothing by them! But I will try and upload cool portuguese stuff for you!

Rutegard
01-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Sorry :( I have nothing by them! But I will try and upload cool portuguese stuff for you!

yeah me neither THAT'S THE PROBLEM LOL

findout5
01-22-2009, 05:20 AM
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

Well, I guess this was the world's first musical (pop) masterpiece! It's in stereo, by the way. It's probably one of the oldest records in my collection (except for some blues and jazz). Hope you like it. It's timeless.

Chris Cornell - Euphoria Morning (1999)

Chris was amazing in the 90's. This past decade however...first Audioslave (not bad, but not that good), then his 2nd solo record (Carry Me - which has a fwe decent tracks), and now I hear he's putting out a third record on which he worked with Timbaland - OUCH!
Anyway, this is his first solo record, put out a few years after Soundgarden broke up, and it's pretty damn good!

Anabela - Later on I'll put some stuff here for you!
Edit: Ouve isto...rápido que só dá pra 10 downloads!

findout5
01-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Temple Of The Dog (1991)

After listening to the Chris Cornell record yesterday, I kinda went back and listened to Soundgarden stuff as well. I also remembered Temple Of The Dog, a band composed by members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam (who had not released anything at that point) as a tribute to the late Andy Wood. Good stuuf indeed!

Helmet - Best Of

This is a remider of what a great band they once were!

Rutegard
01-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Anabela - Later on I'll put some stuff here for you!
Edit: Ouve isto...rápido que só dá pra 10 downloads!
http://rapidshare.com/files/187709083/Lulu_Blind_-_Foge_De_Ti__2001_.rar.html

ja saquei...lulu blind? lol
mas agr nao tenho som, tenho k instalar as colunas e dps vo ouvir :D

findout5
01-23-2009, 07:00 AM
ja saquei...lulu blind? lol
mas agr nao tenho som, tenho k instalar as colunas e dps vo ouvir :D

Os Lulu Blind já não existem. Um deles - o que cantava, toca agora nos Dead Combo. Os LB eram muito bons. Esse é um dos melhores discos de sempre cantado em português!

Toma Pluto. Tb são mto bons!
Pluto - Bom Dia (2004)

findout5
01-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Sparta - Wiretap Scars (2002)

Sparta's great debut. I love this band.

Radiohead - OK Computer (1997)

A classic!

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Rutegard and Bruno check my last label's band : THE ASTER. http://www.myspace.com/theaster

findout5
01-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Sparta - Austere EP (2002)

This is the debut EP. 2 of the tracks got rerecorded and went on to the record. One didn't, but it's still pretty good!

Sparta - Porcelain (2004)

This record has some really pretty songs. Wanna know more? Get it!

Sparta - Threes (2006)

This is them at their best. I hope they'll put out a new record soon!

findout5
01-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Today I bring you a couple of singles...

The Cure - Hypnagogic States EP (2008)

This has 5 remixes...

Pearl Jam - Merkinball EP (1995)

We all walk the long road...

Rutegard
01-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Rutegard and Bruno check my last label's band : THE ASTER. http://www.myspace.com/theaster

nice :)
im gonna spend more time there when i come back! but it rocks!

findout5
01-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Minor Threat - First Demo Tape (1981)

Bringing in "Complete Discography" would have been too easy! So, I got you all this one...as the name says, it's their first demo tape. This is probably the best hardcore band ever. I relate a lot to Ian.

The Used - The Used (2002)

The first time I heard about them was through a friend who told me this was the band of Kelly Osbourne's boyfriend. Immediately I thought they sucked ass! A couple of weeks later on, there was a "spankin' new music thing on TRL, and I knew The Donnas were gonna go, but I watched it the wrong day and heard them do "The Taste Of Ink" live, and thought..."Damn, another Pop FM band posing as punk rock...does the world need another Simple Plan??
A month or two passed and I got this compilation from a magazine, and A Box Full Of Sharp Objects was on it...wow! Now that was good! So I downloaded a couple more tracks, liked them and got the record. It's one of the most heartfelt records I ever heard. It really is special. I don't wanna go to deep, but I really identify with this one. The other records they've made after this one aren't nearly as good, but they're not bad either - they're OK! I'll post them all later this week...but this one lingers on! Hope you like too.

findout5
01-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Like I said before, here it is!

The Used - Maybe Memories (2003)

Live, Demos and B-sides

The Used - In Love And Death (2004)

2nd record.

The Used - Berth (2007)

Live

The Used - Lies For The Liars (2007)

3rd record.

findout5
01-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Ashes Divide - Keep Telling Myself It's Alright (2008)

or

Ashes Divide, for those who don't know is the new band/project from Billy Howerdel - A Perfect Circle's mentor. He does it nearly all in this record, including the singing! Josh Freese does drums (except one track). It's really good stuff. This guy is a great songwriter, producer, arranger - you name it!
Hope you like it - and US fuckers, you're lucky cause you get to see them live!

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms (2000)

I thought it'd be nice to also share APC's debut. Another great record!
More to come on them...

findout5
01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
More APC today

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step (2003)

Fantastic 2nd album. Just brilliant!

A Perfect Circle - eMOTIVe (2004)

A covers recod they made to get out of a record deal...

A Perfect Circle - rEMIXED (2004)

Only for 10 of you! The quickest ten.

findout5
01-31-2009, 02:20 AM
And now, something different. Tribute albums :)

V/A - Remastered (Kerrang Tribute to Metallica's Master Of Puppets)

Includes Machine Head, Trivium, Mastodon, etc.

V/A - Maiden Heaven (Kerrang Tribute To Iron Maiden)

Includes Metallica, Machine Head, Trivium, A7X, etc.

Free?
01-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Dude, keep it up. I check this thread regularly, I downloaded some of your posted stuff, but lately I've been introduced to so many bands/albums, so I can't write a review for each yet. Thank you!

findout5
02-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Free, thanks for the kind words!
I'm gonna try and keep this thread going for as long as I can :)

Metallica - St. Anger CD-Single (2003)

Includes 3 Ramones covers (none of which is 53rd and 3rd).

Silverchair - Live From Faraway Stables (2003)

2 Live Cds from the Diorama Tour. Very nice!

findout5
02-02-2009, 03:08 AM
The Dissociatives - The Dissociatives (2004)

Daniel Johns (Silverchair frontman) has this side-project, a bit of electro-pop. Not Silverchair, but OK, I guess.

Dustin Kensrue - Please Come Home (2007)

This is the solo debut album from Thrice's frontman. I like it a lot. Very acoustic, folkish, a bit of country, blues...and then that great voice!

findout5
02-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Jeff Buckley - Grace (1994)

This is one of the best records ever. The first time I heard it I was like 17, way too much into punk/hardcore and this didn't really sink in at the time. Very little distorted guitar, how could I like it?? Later on, as I grew up and became older I really started getting into it musically and lyrically, and it is MAJESTIC. There's one song I hate (CCC), all the others are just perfect!
Jeff died before putting out a 2nd record, by the way. His music however will live forever!

Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk (1998)

This was the record he was working on at the time of his death. CD1 is what the album was going to be like (probably) and CD2 has alternate takes, demos, etc.

findout5
02-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Silverchair - Diorama Singles (2002)

Only one post today, but it's really worth it! :)
Diorama from Silverchair is a MONSTER record in every single aspect. Ambitious, great playing, great writing, great melody, great producrion, etc...and of course, great CD-Singles! A total of 5 singles were made for this record!! Their B-sides are just amazing, with lots of unreleased songs, Orchestral mixes, etc.
I've compiled the 5 singles on this post (The Greatest View, Without You, Luv Your Life, After All These Years and Across The Night).
I hope you dig this.

findout5
02-05-2009, 03:51 AM
You're all so quiet lately! It's like you don't love me anymore:eek:

Anyway, today I bring you 2 classic records!

Weezer - Blue (1994)

Deluxe edition, of course, with that extra rarities CD...

Sublime (1996)

CD1 of the Deluxe Edition...

findout5
02-06-2009, 03:56 AM
2 curveballs...or not!

OST - Judgement Night (1993)

Rock meets rap.

OST - Spawn (1997)

Rock meets techno.

findout5
02-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Have a fucking great weekend...check back for more on Monday!

Pearl Jam - Live@The_Gorge

SEVEN LIVE CDs EXTRAVAGANZA! Maximum quality (as always!).

findout5
02-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Hello Cleveland!!! lol

2 classics:

At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command (2000)

Snapcase - Designs For Automotion (1999)

RonWelty
02-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Hello Cleveland!!! lol

Someone is watching Chuck...

dff_punk
02-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Someone is watching Chuck...

...or Family Guy. "Hello Cleveland!!" "Hi Peter."

Rutegard
02-09-2009, 11:45 AM
tu ru tu TU TUUU

i'm lovin' it :D

findout5
02-10-2009, 03:50 AM
You all almost go it...it was from Spinal Tap. That's what inspired the Family Guy/Chuck parts (I do like Chuck quite a bit - it's the geek in me!).

Ramones - Anthology

2CD with all the classics!

Fiona Apple - Tidal (1996)

A little curveball, hope you dig it.

findout5
02-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Daredevils - Hate You (1996)

When Brett left Bad Religion, he put out a single with 2 songs - a great teaser, by the way...never followed with an album. Great stuff!

Sparta - Live At La Zona Rosa 3.19.04

Official Live EP - only 500 are available in the world, and I happen to have one of them!

findout5
02-12-2009, 02:16 AM
A nice band I like is Lit. They're a Rock FM band from OC, and they've gone through a rough time lately (google it). Hope you enjoy it and support them by buying their records.

Lit - Tripping The Light Fantastic (1997)

The debut record. You can see they're trying to find their identity. This one rocks like a motherfucker!

Lit - A Place In The Sun (1999)

This was their biggest record (to date), thanks to 3 hit singles!

More to come, tomorrow!

findout5
02-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Lit - Atomic (2001)

Lit - Lit (2004)

findout5
02-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Hey! Sorry for the delay on the posts here, but I was out of town for a Valentine's weekend :p

Today, I bring a couple of "feel good" records!

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Bag Of Hits

No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003

Rutegard
02-16-2009, 04:46 AM
thanks a lot for the no doubt stuff :)

do u have any U2, stain, garbage, foo fighters... (for my sisteR)

findout5
02-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Garbage - Absolute Garbage

U2 - 18 Singles

findout5
02-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Oasis are on tour in Europe right now...GO SEE THEM LIVE!!!

Here's how it started and where they're at!

Oasis - Definately Maybe (1994)

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul (2008)

Rutegard
02-18-2009, 09:33 AM
thanks a lot dude :D

findout5
02-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Ok, so today this is what you get:

Weezer - Pinkerton (1996) - Expanded...

I've always liked Weezer...I've listened to this record for over 10 years, and still relate to it as much now as I did back then, I can honestly say I identidy with every song (except Pink Triangle, cos' I've never fallen in love with a lesbian...yet!). This a heart-shaped record. I've included all the b-sides from that era. Hope you like it!

Kyuss - ...And The Circus Leaves Town (1995)

I just love Kyuss! Don't ya?

findout5
02-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Elliott Smith - From A Basement On The Hill (2004)

This one came out after he died. It's nice.

Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape (1997) - Legacy Ed

10th anniversary edition, includes bonus tracks ;)

findout5
02-21-2009, 02:46 AM
Jimi Hendrix revolutionized music in a very profound way. He was a great rock/blues/funk guitar player, a gifted singer and songwriter. He changed the way one perceived music and the instrument itself. The body of work he did in just 4 years (1967-1970) is nothing short of amazing! There are a lot of shit souding compilations that aren't official and diminush the genious the man was. Today I bring you his first two records. Hope ya dig'em!

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced (1967)

The debut record. This one always shows up on the best albums ever/best guitar albums ever lists...I wonder why? ;)

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis:Bold As Love (1967)

This is the 2nd record he made. It's the one I enjoy most. Many great songs, and more to the point! One of my top ten records ever!

findout5
02-22-2009, 05:54 AM
The ones I'm posting today are the other two he released, while being alive! He only has this 4 records (the previous 2 + these 2), remember!

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (1968)

3rd studio album.

Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys (1970)

Live recording (new songs), that would be the last thing he released alive!

Fly on little wing!

findout5
02-23-2009, 03:08 AM
This is last Hendrix stuff I'm posting.
They are all posthumus albums, but they're still nice.

Jimi Hendrix - Blues (1994)

Blues-based compilation. Has a few covers.

Jimi Hendrix - First Rays Of The New Rising Sun (1997)

The record he was working on at the time he died.

Jimi Hendrix - South Saturn Delta (1997)

One more...

findout5
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Thrice - The Alchemy Index (2007_8)

The four EP's. All different, all great!

findout5
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Touch - OST (1997)

For Dave Grohl fans ;)

Ash - Singles Collection (1994-2002)

Also includes a rarities album.

findout5
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Alice In Chains - Nothing Safe (Best Of)

Screaming Trees - Ocean Of Confusion (Best of 1990-96)

findout5
02-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Best Of

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - The Very Best Of (1977-86)

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 03:20 AM
wow u have all of these?! :|

Autonomist
02-27-2009, 04:51 AM
You got Facelift by Alice in Chains? That one would go down a whole treat.

findout5
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Rutegard: Remember I sent you my list on msn once? It has grown since! :)
Autonomist: Within a couple of days I'll post it buddy, but I must tell you Dirt is WAY better!

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Rutegard: Remember I sent you my list on msn once? It has grown since! :)

ahshsh well, i can see that :eek:

findout5
02-28-2009, 10:11 AM
A couple of bands that never got a big break!

Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station (2002)

Hell Is For Heroes - Transmit Disrupt (2005)

findout5
03-01-2009, 07:33 AM
For Autonomist:

Alice In Chains - Facelift (1990)

Alice In Chains - Dirt (1992)

Autonomist
03-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Thank you very much!

findout5
03-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Every day I come to the boards, and The Offspring give us NO FUCKING NEWS. It's becoming pathetic! I just post stuff here...at least in the last month or so!

Today...these two bands toured together...

Blink 182 - Blink 182 (2003)

I never really liked them, until Stay Together For The Kids...and that album sucked too, just like the ones before. However, this one had a serious undertone that I liked, and also some musicianship :)
Since they got back together, I thought it'd be nice to post it!

Silverchair - Neon Ballroom (1999) Expanded

This was the 1st Silverchair record I bought, although I kind of thought they were OK, without being special. This one however was very special. In this edition I've included ALL the b-sides from it.

findout5
03-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Well, today I'm gonna post something from The Boss - even though he doesn't pay me at the end of the month to have such title!
I'm not a fan of him and the E Street Band, but I do like his solo stuff. He doesn't do the whole rock n' roll cliche thing, and is more folky and acoustic based. Hope you like it!

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska (1982)

Bruce Springsteen - The Ghost Of Tom Joad (1995)

One to the right
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, I just read through this thread for the first time, you are a legend man, thanks so much for posting all of these!

RonWelty
03-04-2009, 01:57 AM
A couple of bands that never got a big break!

Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station (2002)
http://uploaded.to/?id=uxe1co

Hell Is For Heroes - Transmit Disrupt (2005)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FSU1PP1T

What's their genre? thanks.

findout5
03-04-2009, 02:38 AM
One to the right: Thanks. Keep checking in and spread the word!
Ron: Hundred Reasons is rock with a bit of screamo. And HIFH is post-rock.

Bruce Springsteen - Devils & Dust (2005)

To complete the post from yesterday! Brendan O'Brien produced this one.

Eric Clapton - Complete Clapton (2007)

This guy was the first guitar hero to the masses...he used to be THE guy, well, you know, before Hendrix came along!

findout5
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
For all the guitar heroes out there!

Joe Satriani - Anthology (2003)

Steve Vai - Anthology (2003)

findout5
03-06-2009, 03:35 AM
The new Chris Cornell album is so bad, that suddenly listening to Audioslave makes them sound like the best thing ever! LOL

Audioslave - Audioslave (2002)

Audioslave - Out Of Exile (2005)

findout5
03-07-2009, 06:10 AM
More!

Audioslave - Sessions@AOL Music (2005)

Audioslave - Revelations (2006)

findout5
03-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Lock Up - Something Bitchin This Way Comes (1990)[url]

This was Tom Morello's first band! Kinda rare, the guys vocals are a bit too much 80s metal for my taste, but the guitar playing is there! If you're a fan, get it!

Puscifer - V Is For Vagina (2007)

Maynard's new side-project makes me wonder how demented this guy really is. This and the wine thing...

findout5
03-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Anyone remember Skunk Anansie? They were great!
Skin has 2 solo records. They are rather nice!

Skin - Fleshwounds (2003)

Skin - Fake Chemical State (2006)

findout5
03-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Ace Sounds - Still Hungry (2003)

Ace, the guitarrist from SA also has a solo record, with a LOT of different vocalists, one per track. Some songs are nice, other not really. Kinda rare though...

Led Zeppelin - Mothership

2CD best of...a bit of classic rock for you all!

findout5
03-11-2009, 05:57 AM
3 EP's from The Living End!

The Living End - Hellbound EP (1995)

The Living End - It's For Your Own Good EP (1996)

The Living End - Second Solution_Prisioner Of Society EP (1997)

findout5
03-12-2009, 05:01 AM
More...

The Living End - The Living End (1998)

The Living End - Roll On (2000)

findout5
03-13-2009, 05:05 AM
...and more...

The Living End - Modern Artillery (2003)

The Living End - State Of Emergency (2006)

findout5
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Over 3000 views!! Nice ;)

Here's the update for the weekend (tomorrow I won' post):

Social Distortion - Live At The Roxy (1998)

AFI - Live From Long Beach Arena (2007)

Some nice live stuff...

findout5
03-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Bootlegs used to be kinda rare when I was growing up - Internet wasn't what it is nowadays! Most of them sucked, you know, horrible sound, lame artwork, etc. But some kinda sounded good! Here's a couple I picked up that sound pretty fucking good!

Silverchair - Sickness

Has the Rock In Rio 2001 show.

The Offspring - Punk Riot

Has the Rocknacht 97 show + Baghdad EP + A song from The Big One compilation.

findout5
03-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Alone - The Home Recordings Of Rivers Cuomo (2007)

Alone II - The Home Recordings Of Rivers Cuomo (2008)

The booklets on these two are just AMAZING...definately worth the price!

findout5
03-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Pearl Jam - Ten (1992)

In just a few days, a remastered + remixed + bonus version of this great record is coming out! Be sure to get it! This is the original version, with 3 extra tracks - that won't be on the Legacy edition ;)

OST - Singles (1992)

Great, great, greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat soundtrack!

billt2
03-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the uploads.

You truly have a diverse collection, and I was wondering if you might have Living Colour - Biscuits EP (japanese release)? This has been a hard find for me and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again, Keep it up. =;)

findout5
03-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Today, I bring you a couple of Foo's records. I'll probably post more tomorrow!

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters (1995)

Debut record. Only Grohl played on it...everything!

Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999)

3rd record...the 2nd was already posted on this thread!

billt2: Thanks for the kind words...although I haven't got that on my collection, I think I can manage to post it here for you...tomorrow!
Edit:
Living Colour - Biscuits EP (1991)

In 320kbps. Cheers.

findout5
03-20-2009, 03:44 AM
And more...

Foo Fighters - One By One (2002)

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor (2005)

findout5
03-21-2009, 06:40 AM
To conclude the previous posts...

Foo Fighters - Skin And Bones (2006)

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007)[url]

I won't post tomorrow, got "stuff" to do :P

billt2
03-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for that upload, but that is the US release. The Japanese release has 15 tracks, the additional 9 tracks are various live versions of their music. I really appreciate your efforts, but any chance you might know of a source for this version?

Thanks a lot.

I've been going through your previous posts, and discovering some cool music that is new to me. Keep it up.

Bill

findout5
03-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Hey Bill, sorry, but even that one was kind of a hard find! I just assumed it was the japanese version!

Today, Queens of the Stone Age, oh yeah!

QOTSA - QOTSA (1998)

Great debut, loved it from day 1 (I was/am a BIG Kyuss fan!)

QOTSA - Rated R (2000)

This is my favourite QOTSA record!

delboy
03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for that Social Distortion album on the ermm... first page. I've heard most of the other stuff you've posted though...

findout5
03-24-2009, 02:44 AM
QOTSA - Songs For The Deaf (2002)

This was a hit. Great record!

QOTSA - Lullabies To Paralyze (2005)

Nick left...some good songs, but not great!

findout5
03-25-2009, 03:26 AM
QOTSA - Live In London (2005)

Awesome...Josh gets in a fight :)

QOTSA - Era Vulgaris (2007)

Not so good :(

findout5
03-26-2009, 04:51 AM
You know them, right?

Nirvana - Bleach (1989)

Debut album!

Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)

2nd album. Sold a trillion copies!

RonWelty
03-26-2009, 05:18 AM
You know them, right?

Nirvana - Bleach (1989)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1XIB67N

Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8ords

NO! Who are they? I lived in Mars until now! Abraço

findout5
03-27-2009, 04:34 AM
More Nirvana for all martians out there :P

Nirvana - Incesticide (1992)

A bunch of b-sides, outtakes, etc made it out as a record, so the public woulnd't forget Nirvana until the release of the Nevermind follow-up record.

Nirvana - In Utero (1993)

Which would be this one, also their last studio record. Here, the lyrics actually mean something! Not just melodies...

findout5
03-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994)

Nirvana - From The Muddy Banks Of Wishkah (1996)

Tomorrow is my day off! No posts :P

findout5
03-30-2009, 04:01 AM
And we're done with them!

Nirvana - Singles Box

A boxset was released containing all the singles (except Pennyroyal Tea, which is really rare and didn't really come out commercially cos the b-side was "I Hate Myself And I Want To Die"...you know, and it supposed to come out around the time Kurt died! Other than that, they are all here, along with th b-sides!).

Nirvana - Sliver_The Best Of The Box (2005)

findout5
03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
This great band kinda started the whole 90s alternative scene a few years before. They're great and back together!

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking (1988)

1st record.

Jane's Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual (1990)

2nd record and my fave :)

findout5
04-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Jane's Addiction - Strays (2003)

Their 3rd studio record.

Auf Der Maur - Auf Der Maur (2004)

Melissa did this solo record, and has a lot of great players on it...Jeordy White, John Stanier, Josh Homme, Atom Willard, Nick Oliveri, Brant Bjork, Chris Goss, James Iha, Mark Lanegan, etc.
I got to see her live opening up for APC...great show!

findout5
04-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Deftones - Adrenaline (1995)

Deftones - Around The Fur (1997)

Rutegard
04-03-2009, 04:06 AM
damn, u rock!!

some therapy?

findout5
04-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Offspring - Complete B-Sides

With Offspring.info closing I thought it would be a nice gesture from me to rip my collection (yep, full) on 320kbps mp3s...hope you appreciate this! Also, I divided it into eras.

Therapy - So Much For The Ten Year Plan

This is kind of a best of from...the year 2000! The only one I have now (I sold troublegum and suicide pact a while back!).

findout5
04-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Deftones - White Pony (2000)

This is great!

Deftones - Deftones (2003)

Not so great, but some amazing songs. Minerva is my all-time favourite Deftones song!

findout5
04-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Oasis - Whatever EP (1994)

Weezer - The Lion and the Witch EP (2002)

findout5
04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
First two records from the great Kyuss!

Kyuss - Wretch (1991)

Not great, but not bad.

Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun (1992)

This is where they really found their sound!

findout5
04-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Pearl Jam - Vs. (1993)

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy (1994)

Alison
04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
A bit late I know, but may i ask whats on the offspring b-sides? I think i have all of them. but want to make sure. Thanks

findout5
04-12-2009, 10:21 AM
A bit late I know, but may i ask whats on the offspring b-sides? I think i have all of them. but want to make sure. Thanks

Download and you'll know :P

Anyway, I haven't put a lot of stuff here lately...I've been busy!

Let's punk it up!

Rancid - Rancid (1993)

Rancid - Let's Go (1994)

findout5
04-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Blur - The Best Of (2000)

Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero (2001)

findout5
04-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Placebo - Once More With Feeling_The Singles 1996-2004

Zwan - Mary Star Of The Sea (2003)

findout5
04-16-2009, 03:10 AM
Silverchair - Frogstomp (1995)...Expanded

Silverchair - Live At Cabaret Metro (1996)

findout5
04-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Pearl Jam - No Code (1996)

Pearl Jam - Yield (1998)

findout5
04-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (2001)

Lex Land - Orange Days On Lemon Street (2008)

findout5
04-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Rancid - ...And Out Come The Wolves (1995)

Rancid - Life Won't Wait (1998)

findout5
04-21-2009, 03:05 AM
I've been kinda quiet...too busy to talk about the stuff I'm posting!
Today I bring you Soundgarden, one of my all-time fave bands :)

Soundgarden - Screaming Life + Fopp EPs (1987_8)

Soundgarden - Ultramega OK (1988)

findout5
04-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Soundgarden - Louder Than Love (1989)

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (1991)

Outerspaceman21
04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey, thanks bro

findout5
04-23-2009, 05:38 AM
You're welcome! Here's more :)

Soundgarden - Superunknown (1994)

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside (1996)

RageAndLov
04-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Not that I care, but is this legal?

findout5
04-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Not that I care, but is this legal?

Unfortunatelly it isn't.
However, I always tell people to buy the great stuff I post here and to attend these bands/artists live shows.
And I can tell you that the Internet, this generation and their mentality of downloading instead of buying records has killed the dream I had of being a professional musician, and unfortunately killed the same dream for hundreds of artists who don't get to do music full-time.
If/When a moderator asks me to stop posting, I will.
If someone else has a problem with something I posted, they can report the links (on rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) and they will be deleted.

RageAndLov
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Unfortunatelly it isn't.
However, I always tell people to buy the great stuff I post here and to attend these bands/artists live shows.
And I can tell you that the Internet, this generation and their mentality of downloading instead of buying records has killed the dream I had of being a professional musician, and unfortunately killed the same dream for hundreds of artists who don't get to do music full-time.
If/When a moderator asks me to stop posting, I will.
If someone else has a problem with something I posted, they can report the links (on rapidshare, megaupload, etc.) and they will be deleted.

Well I think you do a great thing by doing this, and what you are posting are very diverse and interesting music. So keep up the good work!
I agree that it is sad no records are being sold these days. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one buying music. And it is not the big artists who suffer, it is the newly-established ones or the ones trying to become musicians.

findout5
04-24-2009, 02:10 AM
The big artists also suffer a bit. Nowadays to sell 5 million records is like having sold 20 million in the 90s.
The stuff I post here is all from my cd collection....and we still have a bit to go until they are all up here!

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish (1991)

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993)

findout5
04-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Pisces Iscariot (1994)

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (1995)

m.offspring.r
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Pisces Iscariot (1994)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9GGEZSC

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (1995)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d12v31

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (1995) it was my first original CD when I have 12 years old... I started with smashing pumpkins...

findout5
04-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Great 1st CD to start a collection! I love it!

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore (1998)

Smashing Pumpkins - MACHINA_the machines of god (2000)

findout5
04-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Judas 0 (2001)

Smashing Pumpkins - Earphoria (2002)

findout5
04-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist (2007)

findout5
04-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Pearl Jam - Binaural (2000)

Pearl Jam - Riot Act (2002)

findout5
05-02-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm way out of time to upload stuff. I might stop doint this thread on a regular basis or even at all. Sorry guys!