PDA

View Full Version : Completely fed up.

OffspringHead
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok. I have a bad rep on this forum. No one really lieks me. I've argued with almost everyone on this forum about one thing or another. This is the Last thread i'm ever making here. I have to get all this off my chest. And a slight likelihood that the Offspring themselves possibly reads this.

The Offspring fucking blows now. The new album was fucking dirt and anyone who perfers it over Ignition or Smash is a fucking pussy. And don't give me "OH EM GEE THEY JUST GREW UP AND CHANGED THEIR SOUND". If they fucking grew up then Dexter wouldnt have cut his hair like a fucking 7th grade emo kid. If he grew up he would have shaved his hair off like an adult.

Idc what any of you think. The Offspring should stop being a bunch of fucking pussies and writing gay fucking emo shit music and be "Punk" as classified by going to play big bars where crazy fans are jumping around on stage and has Dexter with his dreads when he wasn't a fag. The Offspring really can't fucking sit there and tell me that when fans jumped on the stage during these shows to stage dive while they played their material is less fun than if they played big arenas with fat ass security guards blocking fans from going on stage. Let's go back to the day when they played songs such as "One Fine Day" and "L.A.P.D" and "Nitro" and everything they ever fucking wrote up to Conspiracy of One. Go back when they weren't playing slow, acoustic and electronic melodies that are on the new album. FUCK THE NEW ALBUM. You sold the fuck out.

Oh remember that HUGE arguement i got into about comparing Green Day to the Offspring? Well look at how the new album turned out

American Idiot Singles ( 1. American Idiot which was fairly tolerable at the time. 2. Boulevard of Broken Dreams which kind of sucked but not really. 3. Wake Me Up When September Ends which was the 5th grade theme song of the world)

RAFRAG Singles (1. Hammerhead which was decent 2. You're gonna go far kid which was not much like what the Offspring used to write but still the Offspring and finally 3. Kristy, Are yOu Doing Okay which WILL be the 5th grade theme song of the world which is a retarded acoustic song that is just screaming "SELL OUT" as it plays through speakers)

Fuck you all. Except for Noodles. You grew your hair back out. Kudos to you.

So in conclusion, I will come back to this forum to see what you all say to this thread. But that's about it. I won't be missed. And I Don't fucking care. Have fun listening to your faggot RAFRAG

jacknife737
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
You're an idiot.

Conspiracyof1000
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't believe I've ever argued with you, and I don't plan on starting now.
That's your opinion. Everyone has opinions, your opinion is just different than the majority. (including mine-I guess I'm a pile of sticks then.)
I applaud you actually taking the time to state your thoughts, even if you know that you'll probably be flamed.

randman21
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
lolz @ me editing what I said first because it didn't make sense.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh, if you didn't care, you wouldn't come back to read this. A few things:

-Offspring sold out when they made Smash. And if not, it's when they made Americana. NOT RFRG... this album didn't even sell very well.
-You're right nobody likes you, and this thread proves why.
-Haircuts do not determine how mature you are or how evolved your music is. It can be an indicator, but shaving your head is not a sign of maturity.
-One Fine Day was retarded
-When you are in your late 40s, you might also decide that playing in a smoke filled bar, having beer spilled all over you, and making $100 to play for 50 people isn't as fun anymore.

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I think its funny that you think that anybody is gonna give a damn.

kill the president
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok. I have a bad rep on this forum. No one really lieks me. I've argued with almost everyone on this forum about one thing or another. This is the Last thread i'm ever making here. I have to get all this off my chest. And a slight likelihood that the Offspring themselves possibly reads this.

The Offspring fucking blows now. The new album was fucking dirt and anyone who perfers it over Ignition or Smash is a fucking pussy. And don't give me "OH EM GEE THEY JUST GREW UP AND CHANGED THEIR SOUND". If they fucking grew up then Dexter wouldnt have cut his hair like a fucking 7th grade emo kid. If he grew up he would have shaved his hair off like an adult.

Idc what any of you think. The Offspring should stop being a bunch of fucking pussies and writing gay fucking emo shit music and be "Punk" as classified by going to play big bars where crazy fans are jumping around on stage and has Dexter with his dreads when he wasn't a fag. The Offspring really can't fucking sit there and tell me that when fans jumped on the stage during these shows to stage dive while they played their material is less fun than if they played big arenas with fat ass security guards blocking fans from going on stage. Let's go back to the day when they played songs such as "One Fine Day" and "L.A.P.D" and "Nitro" and everything they ever fucking wrote up to Conspiracy of One. Go back when they weren't playing slow, acoustic and electronic melodies that are on the new album. FUCK THE NEW ALBUM. You sold the fuck out.

Oh remember that HUGE arguement i got into about comparing Green Day to the Offspring? Well look at how the new album turned out

American Idiot Singles ( 1. American Idiot which was fairly tolerable at the time. 2. Boulevard of Broken Dreams which kind of sucked but not really. 3. Wake Me Up When September Ends which was the 5th grade theme song of the world)

RAFRAG Singles (1. Hammerhead which was decent 2. You're gonna go far kid which was not much like what the Offspring used to write but still the Offspring and finally 3. Kristy, Are yOu Doing Okay which WILL be the 5th grade theme song of the world which is a retarded acoustic song that is just screaming "SELL OUT" as it plays through speakers)

So in conclusion, I will come back to this forum to see what you all say to this thread. But that's about it. I won't be missed. And I Don't fucking care. Have fun listening to your faggot RAFRAG

RackOff then and you dont like the new album then bloody sell it on ebay you twat and stop spoiling it for the rest of us I really HATE people who try to force thier opinions on others so to you I say GET NACKERD!!!!

Omni
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
R O to the motherfucking F L.

IamSam
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Dexter with his dreads

They were braids.

kill the president
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
R O to the motherfucking F L.

huh???:confused:

WebDudette
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Offspringhead, who are you?

kill the president
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Offspringhead, who are you?

hes probaly George Bush hahaha

IamSam
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
hes probaly George Bush hahaha

Epic fail.

Bipolar Bear
01-12-2009, 12:00 AM
I admit it was better/funner when they allowed people on stage and were really punks. I also think Ignition is their best album [musically, and it also contains my favorite lyrics/themes amongst all the albums].

I don't think that shaving your head indicates you're mature. That's just ridiculous. I don't think that RAFRAG blows either, it's actually really nice. You need to remember that The Offspring are doing what they like and what they want with their albums - isn't that pretty punk too? They'd be far worse sellouts if they did another smash only to listen to discontent fans such as you. I really don't think they made RAFRAG only for the money, and it's a really interesting album. You can prefer ignition like I do, but it doesn't mean RAFRAG is dirt.

Oxygene
01-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Poser dude, with leftover crack avatar on Internet vs, some of the nicest most honest and down to earth dudes I've ever met in r/l...

Can anyone help me make a call here? :)

Autonomist
01-12-2009, 12:08 AM
There's really no point trying to argue with OffspringHead or make him see sense, I'm pretty sure he's made posts far stupider than his last. I remember initially thinking he must've been a troll. Anway good riddance, and I'm sorry to say this IamSam but I really fucking hate the term "epic fail."

IamSam
01-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Fair enough. I thought it was nicer than "you sucked that one up" or "is that all the better you could do?" Something not as personal.

Budzy
01-12-2009, 12:11 AM
There's really no point trying to argue with OffspringHead or make him see sense, I'm pretty sure he's made posts far stupider than his last. I remember initially thinking he must've been a troll. Anway good riddance, and I'm sorry to say this IamSam but I really fucking hate the term "epic fail."

Epic fail.

jacknife737
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I'd also like to point out the irony of him repeatedly using the word "faggot" while having a Leftover Crack aviator.

Autonomist
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Epic fail.

"Ignored and unrecognised" for a reason.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Looks like you deserve to be hated

Budzy
01-12-2009, 12:39 AM
"Ignored and unrecognised" for a reason.

Ah, but you DID quote me.

nightvision
01-12-2009, 01:28 AM
It just might be time for breakfast.

holland25
01-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Same old story again?

KHWHD
01-12-2009, 02:13 AM
To the OP, tell us how you really feel.

randman21
01-12-2009, 02:32 AM
yaaaaawn-inducing content

My first question: Why are you this pissed about RaFRaG 7 months after its release?

And of course you're not liked. I used to respect you because you stuck to your guns, but you've gone way down hill. The majority of your posts are making retarded, incendiary rants about a subject just to get a rise out of people, and when they call you on it, you say "fuck(ing)" 10 times per post to justify your point, as if that helps any. How can you expect anyone to even take you seriously? You're not being badass by posting this with the knowledge that Dexter and co might read this, and you're not offending anyone with your trollish ways. Au revoir.

Tomasisko
01-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Smash era was the best, I agree. Crazy concerts, great old songs, really punk. But the discontent whit RAFRAG can be expressed normally.

Another_Dookie
01-12-2009, 03:03 AM
I thought RAFRAG was decent. Personally, I think Americana and Ixnay are the best albums, but I actually enjoyed RAFRAG :P

findout5
01-12-2009, 03:15 AM
I kind of see where he's coming from. Still, calm the fuck down!
And you're not hated by everyone. I never even noticed you!

Rooster
01-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Yesssss, the hater threads have returned!

Did anyone miss them?

Superdope
01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Smash is actually my least favorite offspring album. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Dragnet
01-12-2009, 06:55 AM
I can see what the threadstarter is all about and somehow feel the same (but not in such a harsh way). I'm disappointed of what way they chose.
But if they recorded smash over and over again it probably wouldn't mean the same to most people anymore. They have changed, some say for good some say for worse. I think you just have to look out for new bands that give you a similar feeling as the Offspring in their early career.

ad8
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Wow. This thread was totally unnecessary. I mean, I rarely saw people pick on OffspringHead. And for the sell out thing, there was this thread:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35569
:D

Camilamazed
01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Damn.

I can't not have a break from the boards.:mad:

Gustavo
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Ok, it seems like you only did this topic because no one 'liked' you, I actually can't really think of any fight you have gotten into, but, if people here really hate you, they probably have their reasons, and I'm starting to see why. I don't see why a thread should be done about this, specially in the General Offspring Discussion session.

As for the being pussies and stuff, I've got two words for you. My little freinds FUCK and YOU. I am sick of people like you who come over here to say how awful what they fucking have turned into is. Thing is, they have grown, yup, and don't come bulshitting me with this
O And don't give me "OH EM GEE THEY JUST GREW UP AND CHANGED THEIR SOUND". shit. They have grown, or have you forgotten they are human beings?

You've called Dexter a fag for cutting his hair "like a fucking 7th grade emo kid", since when do haircuts determine how mature someone is? "Fuck you all. Except for Noodles. You grew your hair back out. Kudos to you.", so, Noodles is cool for having a haircut the way you like? Bullshit.
I know it must have been so much fun when they allowed the fans to go onstage and stuff. If they really are sellouts, so they've been sell outs since the Smash era, since they selled a bunch of copies wordwidely of that album. They would actually be sellouts if they did another album just like Smash, don't blame me, I love smash, I like it way more than RAFRAG, my favorite albums are Self Titled and Ixnay. But if they still did the same kind of shit they used to do back then in early '90s, people like you would blame them for never changing and being the same shit forever.

If you don't like the new album much, fine. But don't come say they have "sold the fuck out". Their music is done the way they like, they think it should be done and they do what they want with their albums, isn't that quite "punk" for you?

OffspringHead
01-12-2009, 08:55 AM
You've called Dexter a fag for cutting his hair "like a fucking 7th grade emo kid", since when do haircuts determine how mature someone is? "Fuck you all. Except for Noodles. You grew your hair back out. Kudos to you.", so, Noodles is cool for having a haircut the way you like? Bullshit.
I know it must have been so much fun when they allowed the fans to go onstage and stuff. If they really are sellouts, so they've been sell outs since the Smash era, since they selled a bunch of copies wordwidely of that album. They would actually be sellouts if they did another album just like Smash, don't blame me, I love smash, I like it way more than RAFRAG, my favorite albums are Self Titled and Ixnay. But if they still did the same kind of shit they used to do back then in early '90s, people like you would blame them for never changing and being the same shit forever.

No no no. See, you're wrong here. Haircuts are totally a sign of maturity. Some ordinary guy who is 40 years old can't walk around with a mohawk. He needs to grow up because he won't get hired for any job with that kind of hair. On the other hand, If dexter had a mohawk, liberty spikes, dreads, braids or hair down to his knees it wouldn't matter. Why? Because he's Dexter fucking Holland. He doesn't need to worry about growing up or finding a job. He plays music in a kick ass band for a living.

And don't get me wrong but almost if not ALL of you admit to the fact that RAFRAG is not your favorite album the Offspring came out with. Some of you said Ixnay, Smash, Self Titled and Ignition. If those are your favorite albums then what would have been wrong with the Offspring coming out with something like those albums? How does the fact that these boring and generic acoustic ballads with the electronica metro station sounds in this new album not completely piss you the fuck off? That's not the fucking Offspring. That's not the music they've played to get them to where they are right now.

Maybe you're right. People would have been turned off to the new album if it were like Ignition or Smash or Ixnay. As a matter of fact, that is 100% correct. But in order to stay on the radio and sell albums they changed their sound to this fake acoustic elcectronica sound. That is what is called a Sell-Out.

The Offspring will always be my favorite band. Always. It's just dissapointing where the band you've loved your entire life changed their sound for record sales.

0r4ng3
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not really sure how RAFRAG is called a sellout album when it's like their worst selling album.

Sofinch
Yesssss, the hater threads have returned!

Did anyone miss them?

this hater thread isn't complete,
he still likes Noodles...

IamSam
No no no. See, you're wrong here. Haircuts are totally a sign of maturity. Some ordinary guy who is 40 years old can't walk around with a mohawk. He needs to grow up because he won't get hired for any job with that kind of hair. On the other hand, If dexter had a mohawk, liberty spikes, dreads, braids or hair down to his knees it wouldn't matter. Why? Because he's Dexter fucking Holland. He doesn't need to worry about growing up or finding a job. He plays music in a kick ass band for a living.

And don't get me wrong but almost if not ALL of you admit to the fact that RAFRAG is not your favorite album the Offspring came out with. Some of you said Ixnay, Smash, Self Titled and Ignition. If those are your favorite albums then what would have been wrong with the Offspring coming out with something like those albums? How does the fact that these boring and generic acoustic ballads with the electronica metro station sounds in this new album not completely piss you the fuck off? That's not the fucking Offspring. That's not the music they've played to get them to where they are right now.

Maybe you're right. People would have been turned off to the new album if it were like Ignition or Smash or Ixnay. As a matter of fact, that is 100% correct. But in order to stay on the radio and sell albums they changed their sound to this fake acoustic elcectronica sound. That is what is called a Sell-Out.

The Offspring will always be my favorite band. Always. It's just dissapointing where the band you've loved your entire life changed their sound for record sales.

So basically you just nixed your own point about the hair issue. Nice.

As per your second point...have you ever listened to the songs....say..."Why Don't You Get a Job"..."Original Prankster"..."Worst Hangover Ever"...Spare Me the Details...?

If you knew the band like you said you did, you would know the band has been evolving since the beginning. Smash sounds completely different than Self-Titled. Conspiracy sounds different than Smash. They are evolving, you're just not evolving with them.

Oh....and this is an interesting quote for you:

"Who decides what is and what isn't punk? I want to write songs that people hear and feel and I want to be successful and reach a big audience," he says. "I'm not trying to be the coolest guy in the world, I'm trying to write songs that mean something to people. As you get successful, sometimes you lose one set of fans and gain another."

Oxygene
Dude I'm am sorry, but you are completley retarded. The Offspring haven't changed their sound to sell more records. You are wrong.

I know you aren't smart enough to admit it, but it doesn't really change anything now does it?

OffspringHead
01-12-2009, 09:04 AM
My first question: Why are you this pissed about RaFRaG 7 months after its release?

And of course you're not liked. I used to respect you because you stuck to your guns, but you've gone way down hill. The majority of your posts are making retarded, incendiary rants about a subject just to get a rise out of people, and when they call you on it, you say "fuck(ing)" 10 times per post to justify your point, as if that helps any. How can you expect anyone to even take you seriously? You're not being badass by posting this with the knowledge that Dexter and co might read this, and you're not offending anyone with your trollish ways. Au revoir.

The day this album came out, I was on this forum bitching about it. This isn't the first time I brought this topic up.

Once again. Agreed. I did throw out the F-Bomb quite a few times because I was pissed off. I did rant and rant and rant. But like I said in the last post above this one: It's VERY disappointing to have your favorite band change their sound for record sales.

I really don't think the Offspring wanted to write an Album like RAFRAG. I actually think they take their most pride in albums like Smash and Ixnay. And I'm pretty sure they could have written an album like Smash and Ixnay. But they didn't. Why? It can't be too certain why. It can be for any reason. I think it was for record sales. And I think RAFRAG (if there were no illegal downlading) would be their greatest album ever released. They'll make millions. Because it's a very poppy and radio friendly sound. Then again, an album like Smash or Ixnay would have been very successful as well but just not as successful as RAFRAG.

OffspringHead
01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
So basically you just nixed your own point about the hair issue. Nice.

As per your second point...have you ever listened to the songs....say..."Why Don't You Get a Job"..."Original Prankster"..."Worst Hangover Ever"...Spare Me the Details...?

If you knew the band like you said you did, you would know the band has been evolving since the beginning. Smash sounds completely different than Self-Titled. Conspiracy sounds different than Smash. They are evolving, you're just not evolving with them.

Oh....and this is an interesting quote for you:
Ok. True about evolving. But fuck their hits dude. I'm talking about albums not songs. Splinter was an amazing ALBUM. Hit That was poppy as fuck. But the album was good. Ixnay was the same deal. Americana was the same deal. The hits were poppy and the rest of the album was not so poppy. With RAFRAG, the entire thing was poppy and fake. I listen to it and think that there's no way that it's the Offspring.

And yes i did go a little insane on my rant and contradict myself of the hair thing. I just can't stand his haircut.

Thomas
01-12-2009, 09:59 AM
http://images-2.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/70839-11-poppy-field.jpg

I'm assuming that's the kind of poppy you are talking about.

Amiralanal
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Offspringhead is punk as fuck. I want to be like him.

sbazzone
01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
It's VERY disappointing to have your favorite band change their sound for record sales.

http://yourargumentisinvalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robocop_is_riding_a_unicorn.thumbnail.jpg

ad8
01-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I really don't think the Offspring wanted to write an Album like RAFRAG.

Wow. Have you ever thought about how Dexter might feel? Have you ever tried to feel like a man in his forties who has had more success than he would have imagined? He made 5 albums that were pretty much containing punk rock music. Maybe he just wants to move on after so many years of doing the same thing.
But if you were a musician, you'd play hardcore punk until the age of 80. Yeah I'm pretty sure about that;)

_Lost_
01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I really don't think the Offspring wanted to write an Album like RAFRAG. I actually think they take their most pride in albums like Smash and Ixnay. And I'm pretty sure they could have written an album like Smash and Ixnay. But they didn't. Why? It can't be too certain why. It can be for any reason. I think it was for record sales. And I think RAFRAG (if there were no illegal downlading) would be their greatest album ever released. They'll make millions. Because it's a very poppy and radio friendly sound. Then again, an album like Smash or Ixnay would have been very successful as well but just not as successful as RAFRAG.

This is so full of wrong it makes me LOL.

I also think its funny that you are trying to argue your points with people that you know disagree with you and have disagreed with you since you joined.

T-6005
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I just think it's funny that everyone who claims that bands were better in the early 90s never went to a single show back then.

randman21
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Once again. Agreed. I did throw out the F-Bomb quite a few times because I was pissed off. I did rant and rant and rant. But like I said in the last post above this one: It's VERY disappointing to have your favorite band change their sound for record sales.

Okay, I'll give you that, but I'm not even talking about anything Offspring related. I'm talking about every post in Politics, ever. I don't want to bash you because your reply to mine was civil, but just state that you'll never know Dexter's intentions for writing the kind of music he did on RAFRAG. Just don't assume.

By the way, Worst Hangover Ever and Spare Me the Details were far more poppy than Hit That in my opinion.

ad8
01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Okay, I'll give you that, but I'm not even talking about anything Offspring related. I'm talking about every post in Politics, ever. I don't want to bash you because your reply to mine was civil, but just state that you'll never know Dexter's intentions for writing the kind of music he did on RAFRAG. Just don't assume.

By the way, Worst Hangover Ever and Spare Me the Details were far more poppy than Hit That in my opinion.

Quoted for truth.

Gayman
01-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm just so confused....why did you bother making/writing this thread? Because I don't really think anybody wants to read this. So I think, just my opinion, you made this thread just to be noticed and make people angry and hate you, necause you like to make pople angry...

Really don't see the point in this thread and your text. But maybe it's me who is stupid? What do you people think?

IamSam
01-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok. True about evolving. But fuck their hits dude. I'm talking about albums not songs. Splinter was an amazing ALBUM. Hit That was poppy as fuck. But the album was good. Ixnay was the same deal. Americana was the same deal. The hits were poppy and the rest of the album was not so poppy. With RAFRAG, the entire thing was poppy and fake. I listen to it and think that there's no way that it's the Offspring.

And yes i did go a little insane on my rant and contradict myself of the hair thing. I just can't stand his haircut.

Really? Splinter is an 'amazing album.' You just destroyed your argument because I know the large majority of people here do not like Splinter as an album.

I like that you also skipped over my Dexter quote.

Now get out of here.

Duskygrin
01-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Do you know, I still enjoy listening to the Offspring. But I don't know what RAFRAG is. I'm not an "active" fan, never really was. But there are some tracks I simply like listening to / grooving out to, and I know I ain't the only one (at least amongst the people I'm familiar with).

I don't think you can say that the Offspring is a "sell-out" band; they do what they please, just because you think their music is more commercial now than it used to be doesn't prove you're right.

RODNEYMULLEN
01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
One fine day is not old. And the offspring doesn't have to be anything you want them to be. They can make whatever music they want. It always pisses me off when people call bands sell outs, because the band doesn't have control over who listens to there music. How was offspring supposed to control how successful there albums are.

Duskygrin
01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Exactly my thoughts.

Hypodermic_89
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
This thread is just too funny. I'm not even gonna bother with this one :)

Free?
01-12-2009, 12:42 PM
But I don't know what RAFRAG is.

Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace. Oo

Oxygene
01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
just state that you'll never know Dexter's intentions for writing the kind of music he did on RAFRAG. Just don't assume.

You see, some of us are lucky enough to get a picture of his intentions, read him when we talk about shit like that. He isn't motivated by record sales... If he was don't you think this album would have sold 10 million copies by now? It's a game of chance, he does what he wants rolls the dice. What you see is what you get..
The Offspring aren't a sell out band. At all.
Anyone who says different is just plain wrong.

RageAndLov
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM

So you hate Offspring now because they made one album you didn't like?

rlplaymaker
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dude, go and don't come back. I've never fought with you before, and sadly I dont think I ever will. I love busting douchebags so I'm pretty sad to see ya go....but anywho...

Look, the Offspring sold out a long time ago. When they recieved their first dollar for recording music, they sold out, just as every band does. Green Day, NOFX, Agent Orange, whatever 'punk' band you have ever liked, they have sold out. The offspring are no exception.

The forum is for open discussion, so your opinion on the new album, even though I strongly disagree with it, is welcomed and valued. But, pardner, if a group of dudes that you have never met before, making music makes you SO infuriated, I suggest you seek anger management.

And I'm sure we'll see you back under a new handle, tool.

Gayman
01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
You see, some of us are lucky enough to get a picture of his intentions, read him when we talk about shit like that. He isn't motivated by record sales... If he was don't you think this album would have sold 10 million copies by now? It's a game of chance, he does what he wants rolls the dice. What you see is what you get..
The Offspring aren't a sell out band. At all.
Anyone who says different is just plain wrong.

Right on!
If RFRG really is a sellout album, that means the album should have really sold ALOT.......which it hasnt really....

So you hate Offspring now because they made one album you didn't like?

Exactly!

Cock Joke
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Dude! Get over it! I'm happy that they took a huge, musical turn. Many people were worried they wouldn't change and were pleased to find out they did!

Just go listen to Ignition again if you like that so much. Or bash the album somewhere else.

Skinny
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I haven't even heard of or encountered this guy before.. And who the fuck does he think he is posting this kinda shit?

Oxygene
01-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I haven't even heard of or encountered this guy before.. And who the fuck does he think he is posting this kinda shit?

He's seen three bands live now, so he's the oracle of all music knowledge... that's who he thinks he is.

Offspring.of.Offspring
01-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I think we should all be more grateful. I was very grateful when I discovered the Offspring. I was glad I discovered a band which made me have goose bumps :). And this, this thread, is just a matter of opinion. And in the past (in my life) it has been pretty obvious you can't argue about opinion. I did do it with my brother, and it leads to nothing but hate (lol).
Go make your own music if you don't like The Offspring. An artist does what he feels like doing. And you can't say he did write songs for money, because, you don't know. Even if he does, so what? You should not care. I listen to their songs because they still trigger something in me that makes me have :) feeling. And I think The Offspring deserve all the succes and money they have.
It's simple, I don't get why you guys argue about this.

KyleW
01-13-2009, 03:15 AM
tl;dr

(10)

Rooster
01-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Hey, let's jump the RAFRAG bashing train on it's railroad to fail and misery... Because so far the passenger wagons are rather empty, we need to full it up!

Little_Miss_1565
01-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I I I me me me look at me I'm needy I want attention look at me.

Can someone please help me to understand the point of posts like these?

OffspringHead, no one cares about hearing the same old tired, ridiculous, and not to mention invalid argument about the band. You're just trying to stir the pot one last time before you leave, and making noise about leaving just to bring attention to yourself. You'll be back, I'm sure only to do something outlandish to bring attention to yourself again.

Now if everyone could please stop giving him attention, that would be the end of it.

Oxygene
01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Can someone please help me to understand the point of posts like these?

OffspringHead, no one cares about hearing the same old tired, ridiculous, and not to mention invalid argument about the band. You're just trying to stir the pot one last time before you leave, and making noise about leaving just to bring attention to yourself. You'll be back, I'm sure only to do something outlandish to bring attention to yourself again.

Now if everyone could please stop giving him attention, that would be the end of it.

This is outlandish? It seems typical to me...

MoonTan™
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
The only thing that is poppy about this album is the mixing, Bob Rock

If these songs were mixed the same way smash was mixed they would be punk as fuck, Even alot like me and kristy would sound punk as.

brian.offspring
01-13-2009, 05:21 PM
If they fucking grew up then Dexter wouldnt have cut his hair like a fucking 7th grade emo kid. If he grew up he would have shaved his hair off like an adult.

Sooo
it's all about the hair?

dexter is an asshole because of his new hairstyle...
and noodles is awesomee because he has long hair like 15 years before...

ok.

DMelges
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
OffspringHead: YOU FAIL IN LIFE. YOU WILL DIE ALONE.

adombomb222
01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
What happened to that being his last post? Leave, really, no one gives a shit.

EMehl6
01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one that thinks RAFRAG had some punk songs on it? Examples:
Half-Truism, Hammerhead, Trust In You, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid...

Besides, there really is not set rules for what is and isn't punk. Most people assume punk is fast, stripped down rock that has lyrics that complain about society and the government, but that's not the definition. The only true definition of punk is being yourself and not conforming to what others tell you to. In reality, most "punk" bands really aren't punk because they are carbon copies of one another. So, in reality, every Offspring album is punk because they *"do what they want, do what they feel like".

*sorry, couldn't resist doing that

HeadAroundU
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, when a band sings "Oh, clouds of time" you know they are not punk anymore. :D 12 songs, 12 singles strategy. The offspring is being sellout without selling. That's the worst thing that can happen to any band. :D

weezly
01-14-2009, 01:47 AM
offspringhead, they made an album, spent 4 years making it, trying to get it right for the fans, they have given away 100 000 000 million, tried to give albums away for free via website, they are just trying to make music, take trust in you, its really typish offspring, but if that was put out on the radio the album would be doomed, even though its awesome, i love the new album, and kristy live is mind blowing, i was amazed, and yes its slow, but its a sad song dumb ass, at end of day they given me more than u have u unproductive worm

Dragnet
01-14-2009, 05:24 AM
offspringhead, they made an album, spent 4 years making it, trying to get it right for the fans, they have given away 100 000 000 million, tried to give albums away for free via website, they are just trying to make music, take trust in you, its really typish offspring, but if that was put out on the radio the album would be doomed, even though its awesome, i love the new album, and kristy live is mind blowing, i was amazed, and yes its slow, but its a sad song dumb ass, at end of day they given me more than u have u unproductive worm

100 000 000 million HOLY MACCARONI! :D