PDA

View Full Version : Dexter designed software for BlackBerry ?!

DMelges
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I found this article about Dexter, and it says that he designed and patented software for BlackBerry. Does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, wich BlackBerry?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2009/01/rocker-dexter-h.html

Thomas
01-11-2009, 08:44 PM
If that's true, then holy shit he's gotta be more loaded than any of us could have imagined.

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
If that's true, then holy shit he's gotta be more loaded than any of us could have imagined.

... he owns 3 planes...

kill the president
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
thats cool if I ever meet Dexter I will congratulate him on all his work

administrator_old
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I found this article about Dexter, and it says that he designed and patented software for BlackBerry. Does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, wich BlackBerry?

Yes, it's it's true... I know because I worked under Dexter to write the aforementioned software for GPS locating and positioning. It's still in private beta, as of this writing, as is a version for the iPhone, not just the BlackBerry.

Dexter is brilliant to work with - we have a bunch of customers but to have someone you can really delve into the details with is rare and much appreciated. I'd do another project with him anytime.

-- Hunter

Thomas
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
No shit! That's awesome!

_Lost_
01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
That really is wicked cool! :cool: <-- cool smiley added for emphasis

Omni
01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Words cannot explain how impressed I am right now.

"What can I say? Sometimes I get bored writing chart-topping hits for myself and Japanese bands. Sometimes I have the urge to write and patent software programs, make gourmet hot sauce, fly planes, and spend time looking at my diploma. I have a Ph.D in Molecular Biology you know. Yeah, I also find my way into the occasional movie. Oh, gotta run. My U.S tour is kicking off soon, and I still have that music video to make for our newest charting single. Nice chatting with you."

Oxygene
01-12-2009, 12:03 AM
To be honest I'm not the least bit surprised.. he comes off as a smart dude :)

If/when it comes out for iPhone I'm gonna buy it :)

Budzy
01-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Is there anything he can't do? Fuck.
Seriously he's hogging all these jobs.
He's a rockstar, pilot, owns a record label, owns a hot sauce business and now designs software for Blackberry?
One person could pick one of those jobs and make a very decent living, and he's doing all 5 of them.

jacknife737
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
This is actually pretty cool.

randman21
01-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one more than a little impressed by this. I already classified him a genius when I first heard "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid," so that has lost its effect. He's just the man.

Free?
01-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Is this BlackBerry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry) we are talking about?

I admire multitalented Dexter!

Another_Dookie
01-12-2009, 03:14 AM
He sells SAUCE LOL!

Serriously, how much more awesome can a person be than being a famous rockstar and selling sauce?

I rest my case :3

Jesus
01-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Is this BlackBerry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry) we are talking about?

I admire multitalented Dexter!

Software (or an application) for it as Hunter pointed out, not the device itself obviously.

I do think Ronwelty (the bbs member) posted about this before.

Anyway here is one of the patents:
http://www.google.be/patents?hl=nl&lr=&vid=USPATAPP10866168&id=f-CVAAAAEBAJ&oi=fnd

it includes some drawings.

If you want to read up the latest patent request from october 2008 , just do a search at the US patent office for number 20080268875.

Rutegard
01-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Software (or an application) for it as Hunter pointed out, not the device itself obviously.

I do think Ronwelty (the bbs member) posted about this before.

yes you are right! he also posted it somewhere...so it wasn't new to me, thanks to Ron :]

Gustavo
01-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Oh my God, that's so cool, I cannot express how impressed I am right now.
Dexter is da shit

Tijs
01-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Microbiology, rockstar, pilot, hot sauce, software developer... seriously.. what's next?

Okay, I just failed to think of a funny example, but I'd still like to show my appreciation towards Dexter with this post and how impressed I am.

mrs_hollandova
01-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh, Dexter is so smart! I wanna be smart! Itīs not fair :p

Aaaaaaa why is he so lucky??? He must be warlock, letīs burn him!

Free?
01-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Microbiology, rockstar, pilot, hot sauce, software developer... seriously.. what's next?

Ironman !

mrs_hollandova
01-12-2009, 07:16 AM

Okay, I just failed to think of a funny example, but I'd still like to show my appreciation towards Dexter with this post and how impressed I am.

and you forgot NITRO and sexyness!

DexterWannabe
01-12-2009, 07:18 AM

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac CEO.

Camilamazed
01-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Next: Holland, the first man to set foot on Mars.

*and I won't be surprised.

Rutegard
01-12-2009, 07:32 AM
oh my god!! u talk like if he was THAT special, as if he was THE best and as if there wasn't anyone else like him!

you're right...

Tijs
01-12-2009, 08:05 AM
and you forgot NITRO and sexyness!Nitro! Of course, how can I forget about that!

Thomas
01-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Ironman !

Funny you should mention that. I was talking to one of my friends last night about how Dexter is very similar to Tony Stark. Except, ya know, without the womanizing.

I'd do 'im.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
OMG!!! I instantly got a major boner by reading this !!! This is so fucking awesome he must be supahman or Ironman!. LOL

Bipolar Bear
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
What an amazing guy! Nice find, and thanks to admin for validating it. Mm, now I'm really starting to wonder if he did some other amazing shit we aren't even aware of..

Thomas
01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I bet he'll end up being Pope some day...

Rag Doll
01-12-2009, 07:48 PM
that's pretty damn awesome, i must say.

Bipolar Bear
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I bet he'll end up being Pope some day...

Haha seeing all the praise and admiration he's getting on here he's already pretty godlike.

Cock Joke
01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
That's fuckin' awesome!!! Words cannot express how fuckin' impressed I am right now!

:D I'm buying a Blackberry lol!

HeadAroundU
01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
He's done more than enough for a lifetime. I'd like to add, marathon. That's an accomplishment as well.

What's next? Theory of everything? :D

Rutegard
01-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Mm, now I'm really starting to wonder if he did some other amazing shit we aren't even aware of..

probably. since he surfs too, and being a biologist, i bet he also had something to do with some dolphin's rescue, or some other type of animal's rescue...i'm just saying...

is there any more sugestions?

Oxygene
01-13-2009, 01:44 AM
probably. Since he surfs too, and being a biologist, i bet he also had something to do with some dolphin's rescue, or some other type of animal's rescue...i'm just saying...

Is there any more sugestions?

fsu .

Rutegard
01-13-2009, 01:48 AM
fsu .

YES!! you are SO right....how did we forget about this one?

Friends Stand United or Freedom Starts Underground....'cause i've always seen both ways...

Oxygene
01-13-2009, 01:59 AM
YES!! you are SO right....how did we forget about this one?

Friends Stand United or Freedom Starts Underground....'cause i've always seen both ways...

Friendship Starts Underground, Fuck Shit Up

"we wantedta create a place where bands of all different kind of musical styles could get together and show that they give a shit and can make a difference"

Rutegard
01-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Friendship Starts Underground, Fuck Shit Up

"we wantedta create a place where bands of all different kind of musical styles could get together and show that they give a shit and can make a difference"

oh yeah but which version is the right one? both?

Tijs
01-13-2009, 04:33 AM
He's done more than enough for a lifetime. I'd like to add, marathon. That's an accomplishment as well.That's no accomplishment. He didn't even beat Oprah's time.

HeadAroundU
01-13-2009, 04:39 AM
It is! Oprah is black and black people can run like crazy. Am I being racist again? :D

Also, drunkards like Noodles can only dream about running marathon. :p

Dragnet
01-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Well, pretty cool what Dexter is doing.

Could we please close this major ass kissing thread now?

Oxygene
01-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Well, pretty cool what Dexter is doing.

Could we please close this major ass kissing thread now?

Are you nuts...?

HeadAroundU
01-13-2009, 05:19 AM
He is not really nuts, that kind of thread doesn't fit in any section.

Jojan
01-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Original article: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-ca-offspring15-2008jun15,0,1497135.story?page=1

... who also has been dabbling in software design for BlackBerrys that has led to a patent but, so far, no profits.

Cock Joke
01-13-2009, 08:13 PM

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit a sec...that article talks about the hot sauce! :confused:

IamSam
01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
That's pretty cool. And yes, Dexter is pretty much Ironman now.

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
wait wait wait! How on earth does the marathon not count?? How many people on here could actually finish it?? I sure as hell couldn't and I love running! (let's pretend my knee injury in November never happened)

EMehl6
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I can't really say anything else except the man is straight up genius. Maybe I can recruit him to finish my engineering degree for me... lol

HeadAroundU
01-13-2009, 10:39 PM
wait wait wait! How on earth does the marathon not count?? How many people on here could actually finish it?? I sure as hell couldn't and I love running! (let's pretend my knee injury in November never happened)
We were just joking with Tits, hun. :) You need to buy the sarcasm detector from administrator. :d

Like I said, drunkard like Noodles wouldn't finish it. :D

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
We were just joking with Tits, hun. :) You need to buy the sarcasm detector from administrator. :d

Like I said, drunkard like Noodles wouldn't finish it. :D

no, no... i caught it.

HeadAroundU
01-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh, now I see. Apparently, mine is broken. :d

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Fortunately, if you can't get a new one from an admin, they are pretty cheap on amazon usually.

DMelges
01-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Dexter is one of the very few musicians who has accomplished more in life than just selling records. First he started a band who would years later have sold nearly 40 million albums worldwide, then he got his master's in molecular biology. But he didn't stop there. He started his own label, Nitro Records, wich would help start off many bands. He fulfilled his dream of being a pilot, owning a Soviet era fighter jet and his own "Anarchy" plane, and he could fly a 747 if he ever feels like it. And one they he decided to make his own hot sauce, Grango Bandito. And now we find out that he designs GPS software for BlackBerry. So the next person who buys a BlackBerry should pay attention to the GPS sistem.

Dexter = awesomeness.

Can you guys imagine getting on a plane and seeing Dex in the control cabinet ?
Then suddenly he says on the microfone: 'Good evening laties and gentlemen, I will be your pilot today. We have good weather ahead of us and once we are in the air hopefully no one will cut me off 'cause I got a bad habit. Enjoy your flight.''

ily2
01-14-2009, 10:04 AM
ive always loved blackberry...
now i know y....
subcontiously i knew

Rutegard
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
ive always loved blackberry...
now i know y....
subcontiously i knew

yeah! it is all written in the stars!!