PDA

View Full Version : They Were Born to Save the Humanity

Alex101
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
The Offspring's discography page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography#Video_albums) on Wikipedia says that they're having a new "video album" called They Were Born to Save the Humanity and it's coming out this year on Columbia. Is this true or some early April Fool's Joke, whatever?

RageAndLov
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Awsome! I hope it is real and official. Nine years it has been since the last Offspring DVD. Would be great with a new one. Maybe we'll even get to know more of Pete Parada and finally adopt him as the real drummer of The Offspring :)

jacknife737
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
A quick google search turned up nothing. This seems like just another bit of bullshit added to wikipedia. I'd love to be proven wrong about this, though.

Alex101
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
A quick google search turned up nothing. This seems like just another bit of bullshit added to wikipedia. I'd love to be proven wrong about this, though.
That's exactly what I did. I logged into Google, searched "They Were Born to Save the Humanity" and there were no results. So, I'm assuming this is some sort of vandalism on Wikipedia or just some early April Fool's Joke.

bighead384
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a variation of "They Were Born to Kill", which was an earlier EP of theirs I believe.

Alex101
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Awsome! I hope it is real and official. Nine years it has been since the last Offspring DVD. Would be great with a new one. Maybe we'll even get to know more of Pete Parada and finally adopt him as the real drummer of The Offspring :)
That would be four actually. They released Complete Music Video Collection, a DVD of all their pre-2005 videos.

nameless
01-12-2009, 07:03 PM
That would be four actually. They released Complete Music Video Collection, a DVD of all their pre-2005 videos.

i was gonna say i didnt think it was that long! they also did huck it which is probably coming up to nine years!

randman21
01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm getting real sick of Wikipedia. Why doesn't anyone ever type something bad that turns out to be false? :(

Cock Joke
01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I think it got removed. FUCK! I would have been so excited for this. :mad:

Jojan
01-13-2009, 04:23 AM
If it's a new thing on Wikipedia and it doesn't have a source, then don't trust it. Especially if the change was made with a person who doesn't have a Wikipedia membership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Offspring_discography&oldid=263683027#Video_albums

RageAndLov
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM

LOL, I totally forgot about it! xD Well Greg and Atom wasn't in that DVD (if you look past the videos). Only new features with Dexter and Noodles. I want interviews and things like that with all four members of the band :)

RageAndLov
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Haha, how can something that hasn't been released sold Gold?

Wikipedia:
They Were Born To Save The Humanity
Released: March 3, 2009
Label: Columbia Records
US: Gold
CAN: Gold

Hypodermic_89
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
The Offspring's discography page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography#Video_albums) on Wikipedia says that they're having a new "video album" called They Were Born to Save the Humanity and it's coming out this year on Columbia. Is this true or some early April Fool's Joke, whatever?
I think the grammatical error "They Were Born To Save THE Humanity" should be a clear indication that this is bullshit on a stick smeared with butter.

brian.offspring
01-13-2009, 06:06 PM
i want a world tour before another cd...
even though they've been here in october