PDA

View Full Version : Randy

randman21
01-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Okay, I know I already have two other threads, but I promise this is my last one! In fact, the second one ("Randy's Video Game Music") can be closed, or merged with this one, as this will be used for the several indeterminate number of side projects I may come up with. "The Artists Formerly Known as First in Flight" (by the way, I think I picked a perfect title for that thread, seeing as we're going to change names yet again) will still be used for my main punk stuff.
-----
Now, here's a song called "Going Down". I like to think it's a lot different than most of my other stuff, but with a little something for punkophiles in the middle. I really don't want to post the lyrics because they suck and are basically "placeholders" until I can think of something else. But I'm sure I'll be asked, soooo:

It fell like a ton of bricks on us,
building walls around our eyes.
Our obscure figures dance away in the night
but it’s alright.

Fleeting light just skims the corners of our
darkest fears and makes them known.
Though we move as one in this ballet of vanity,
we’re all alone.

We sing our song.
We carry on as if everything’s just fine now…

Chorus:

We’re going down, we’re going down today.
We’re going down, we’re going down, hey hey!
And I don’t think that we’ve noticed.

We’re going down, we’re going down, hey hey!
But I don’t think that it matters.

We plod along like a horse in the mud,
sinking more with every step.
This widespread mire will devour us all until
there’s nothing left.

There are other things I wanted to say, but I can't remember. Anyway, I'll upload this to myspace, but in the meantime, download it here (http://www.savefile.com/files/1964523). Enjoy!

EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/mcfearnc

Free?
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Haha, I love the fact that every artist here started to post lyrics! <3

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I like this song. :)

randman21
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Haha, I love the fact that every artist here started to post lyrics! <3
Haha, yep! I was actually going to say "...But I'm sure Free? will ask me, soooo:..";)

I like this song. :)
Thanks! I hope the stuff that I added since yesterday actually made it better.

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm having trouble with savefile lately... it won't let me download it right. I had the same problem with llamas final version of this isn't all. you'll have to send it to me through msn later.

Llamas
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I dig it. I think the song could use some bass (maybe it's there and my laptop speakers just really suck that much), but it feels too top heavy. The bass kick should be heavier, too.

I really like the guitarwork, but I think you could make the transition from the guitar solo back into the chorus a little smoother. It feels like too big of a jump as is- maybe the last chorus there could be beefier than the rest of the choruses, rather than having it be the same timbre as the others.. But the solo is really sweet. You definitely pulled it off.

randman21
01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I dig it. I think the song could use some bass (maybe it's there and my laptop speakers just really suck that much), but it feels too top heavy. The bass kick should be heavier, too.

Meh, I knew there was something I forgot to do. I'll get around to it. Although the speakers may be a factor, too :P

I really like the guitarwork, but I think you could make the transition from the guitar solo back into the chorus a little smoother.I definitely agree with that. The original plan was to not have a chorus at the end, so when I decided to throw it in there, I realized it wasn't going to work out extremely well. Heh, I think I did pretty well with the transition of keys from the solo to the chorus, though. What would you suggest for that last chorus?

But the solo is really sweet. You definitely pulled it off. Yeah...smoke and mirrors.:p But thanks!

Llamas
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Meh, I knew there was something I forgot to do. I'll get around to it. Although the speakers may be a factor, too :P
hehe. well I listened with headphones (my awesome headphones broke yesterday and I'm way angry), and I still don't hear enough low sound...

I definitely agree with that. The original plan was to not have a chorus at the end, so when I decided to throw it in there, I realized it wasn't going to work out extremely well. Heh, I think I did pretty well with the transition of keys from the solo to the chorus, though. What would you suggest for that last chorus?
The more I listen to it, the more I think that it's wrong to return to that key after the solo. I'll have to think about it more, but while I definitely think there needs to be something after the solo, maybe it should be a variation on the chorus, in a different key... or something. I'll get back to you on that.

Yeah...smoke and mirrors.:p But thanks!
Is this part of that "blowing smoke" thing? Cause I'm confused. ;)

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
The more I listen to it, the more I think that it's wrong to return to that key after the solo. I'll have to think about it more, but while I definitely think there needs to be something after the solo, maybe it should be a variation on the chorus, in a different key... or something. I'll get back to you on that.

I totally disagree. Me and my sister were listening to it and both agreed that it really works.

randman21
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Is this part of that "blowing smoke" thing? Cause I'm confused. ;)
Oh, haha. It doesn't have anything to do with it, believe it or not. Surely, you're familiar with this saying, though...

While I did technically play it all, I divided it up into about 4 parts and pasted them together. It turned out better than I would have expected.:)

Llamas
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
You and your sister are wrong! Go back to singing, loser.

Haha, I'm totally kidding. It's obviously just personal opinion. I guess on a level it works, but to me it felt a bit jarring because it just suddenly halted the atmosphere that the solo set up in order to return to something we've already heard before. I guess it's not so much that it doesn't work, but just that to me it feels redundant and recessive.

Bah, now I feel like I'm ripping your piece apart... I don't mean to, because I really genuinely like it.

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Haha, I'm totally kidding. It's obviously just personal opinion. I guess on a level it works, but to me it felt a bit jarring because it just suddenly halted the atmosphere that the solo set up in order to return to something we've already heard before. I guess it's not so much that it doesn't work, but just that to me it feels redundant and recessive.

see... i thought that the first time i listened to it, but the more i listen to it, the more i like the sudden changes. Your songs do the same thing Brianna. Initially that was part of my conflict with This Isn't All, but I started to like that about it.

randman21
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I totally disagree. Me and my sister were listening to it and both agreed that it really works.
Awesome! I think I'm gonna keep that part the same, if it's okay with llamas, haha.

You and your sister are wrong! Go back to singing, loser.

Bah, now I feel like I'm ripping your piece apart... I don't mean to, because I really genuinely like it.
Yeah, I'm gonna go cry some, now. Haha. Nah, that honestly was the effect I was trying to create, a very tension-and-release type situation.

Llamas
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
No I mean, it's not the sudden change itself that's disruptive to me. My ears would've been absolutely fine with the sudden change if it went somewhere else. But never mind, I don't like that we're taking over Randy's thread with our debate.

Llamas
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Awesome! I think I'm gonna keep that part the same, if it's okay with llamas, haha.

Yeah, I'm gonna go cry some, now. Haha. Nah, that honestly was the effect I was trying to create, a very tension-and-release type situation.

lol! I don't care what you do with your song! I just always give honest criticism to people, whether it's good or bad. It's all personal opinion, and like I know I said in the bbs mixtape thread, I would never expect anyone to change their music solely because of other people's opinions (and really, nobody should do that).

randman21
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
But never mind, I don't like that we're taking over Randy's thread with our debate.
Well, it is about my song, so I'm totally kewl with that.:D

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

EXACTLY! Thats what I love about it!

randman21
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
EXACTLY! Thats what I love about it!
Very nice! It didn't turn out quite the way I had originally intended, so I'm glad all wasn't completely lost.

Also, do you still need me to get on MSN now?

_Lost_
01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Very nice! It didn't turn out quite the way I had originally intended, so I'm glad all wasn't completely lost.

Also, do you still need me to get on MSN now?

Umm... my mom is on the DSL atm. I do though... But if you are not aroound when I can't get on, I'll kindly be asking brianna to send it to me.

randman21
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. That'll work.

darea
01-14-2009, 06:23 AM
I like it! It all seems pretty different from your usual stuff. And the guitar solo kinda makes me think of the offspring!
You're getting better and better:)

ad8
01-14-2009, 07:28 AM
I like it. I had not expected such a song from you, but I instantly liked it. The drum and guitar rhythym make the song entertaining. Everything seems very professional. If this song was on the radio, I wouldn't be surprised. Top quality!

randman21
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I like it! It all seems pretty different from your usual stuff. And the guitar solo kinda makes me think of the offspring!
You're getting better and better:)
Thanks! You should have heard some of the "behind-the-scenes" Noodleage. I would come up with these great, improvised licks and such, but as soon as I pressed record, it all went to crap. Lucky I didn't have to rely on improv in the end, though.

I like it. I had not expected such a song from you, but I instantly liked it. The drum and guitar rhythym make the song entertaining. Everything seems very professional. If this song was on the radio, I wouldn't be surprised. Top quality!
I appreciate this, ad8. And to think it almost didn't happen. :D I abandoned the guitar rhythm thing, then a month later, I played it again and randomly came up with the chorus. Then I knew I had to keep with it.

dff_punk
01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey, I like this, dude. I'll have to check out your "punkier" stuff sometimes. The solo is pretty sweet. Did you sing all the harmonies by yourself? And also, what drum machine do you use(I suspect it's a drum machine, if it's a real drummer, no offence:)).

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyway, I'll upload this to myspace, but in the meantime, download it here (http://www.savefile.com/files/1964523). Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up :) I am listening to it now and you are right, it is different to the other stuff that you have done. The beginning kinda reminded me of Violent Femmes and the solo is awesome.

So to sum it all up ... it ROCKS :cool:

drummerbecca
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Holy crap, Randy! Get your solo on! :p
As everyone has said, this is really different from your other songs, but I'm digging it. You write really catchy songs. That first acoustic one is still my favourite but I like this. The harmonies are great :)

randman21
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey, I like this, dude. I'll have to check out your "punkier" stuff sometimes. The solo is pretty sweet. Did you sing all the harmonies by yourself? And also, what drum machine do you use(I suspect it's a drum machine, if it's a real drummer, no offence:)).

Haha, glad you like it. That is indeed me playing/singing everything except the drum and bass, which are both VSTi effects. The drums were done inside Fruityloops (I they technically use DXi), with a plug-in they call FPC. Anyway, that's all unimportant because I used my own samples and I could have done a better job with Acoustica Beatcraft. I was just too lazy :P

Thanks for the heads up. I am listening to it now and you are right, it is different to the other stuff that you have done. The beginning kinda reminded me of Violent Femmes and the solo is awesome.

So to sum it all up ... it ROCKS :cool:

Thanks. Violent Femmes, eh? I may have to check them out. Heh, I'm looking for influences.

Holy crap, Randy! Get your solo on! :p
As everyone has said, this is really different from your other songs, but I'm digging it. You write really catchy songs. That first acoustic one is still my favourite but I like this. The harmonies are great

I lol'd! I had the hardest time even coming up with something to play for the solo because I'm not a particularly fast player. Good to see I put it together well enough...You said what I love to hear. My only goal in life right now is to write catchy stuff.:) And yep! I definitely like the acoustic one more (you mean the one from YouTube, right?) and hopefully I will do that one next.

_Lost_
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
because it was mentioned, i just looked up what you were talking about on youtube. you've got 1 week. ;)

randman21
01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
because it was mentioned, i just looked up what you were talking about on youtube. you've got 1 week. ;)
roflz! How is it my turn again?! And why didn't you follow the directions on the video title?:mad:

Also, I request that no one else look up that video. I'd rather people hear it all for the first time.:)

_Lost_
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
roflz! How is it my turn again?!

shit... you are right... :(

randman21
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Haha. One week, Missy!

But I'll still try to work on that one over the weekend.:)

darea
01-15-2009, 02:52 AM
I wanted to say the same as ad8, that it's catchy and I wouldn't be surprised to hear it on the radio, even though I don't have American radio, and I never listen to any radio! But yeah you're doing good stuff. I'm glad you've finally managed to get some motivation for doing songs, I remember when I had to beg you to try and do more!! lol:p

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks. Violent Femmes, eh? I may have to check them out. Heh, I'm looking for influences.

From this I gather that you haven't heard of them, but I am sure that you have at some point, you just didn't realize that it was the Violent Femmes ;) I wouldn't really know how to classify their genre ... maybe alternative would be the word.

So, now you have 4 songs that I know off and I am sure working hard to fill the rest of the album ;) but I would really love to see some album art ideas ... or am I really jumping the gun :D

Oh, looking forward to the new line-up :)

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
i'm gonna download it today, and give it a listen tomorrow on my way to the lab! then i'll say something...watch out :)

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM
ya know that song wendy by the descendents? now i sing it using randy instead :) im so cool lol see ya tomorrow with the final result!

Rutegard
01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
/Rutegard go get herself a chair, a blanket and her pair of glasses and start talking like an old lady (moving her finger too)

"Just remember, Randy my boy, that i was already a fan before this song came out!"

oh my god
oh my god
oh my god
i love it :)
KUDOS TO U

Free?
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
So, finally I gave "Going Down" a listen, I liked it a lot! A special recognition goes to "Hey hey!"s and the solo, both are sweeeet. Operation: success!

For some reasons "Your Band" keep producing new stuff to listen with some crazy speed. I'll try not to fall of this train :).

randman21
01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Hahaha, nice. I'm glad it was well worth the wait. :) And I guess I will start singing Ruty in that song, then.

I must say I'm very surprised by this feedback. I mustn't allow myself to peak early. Gotta get something new out there :P

darea
01-17-2009, 02:59 AM
So, finally I gave "Going Down" a listen, I liked it a lot! A special recognition goes to "Hey hey!"s and the solo, both are sweeeet. Operation: success!

For some reasons "Your Band" keep producing new stuff to listen with some crazy speed. I'll try not to fall of this train :).

Cool! I'm not the other one who loves the "hey hey" part! Yeah I can't stop listening to this song its really good; Even my mum says it's great! lol

You seem to be doing songs at least once a week lately, really sweet!:)

randman21
01-17-2009, 03:38 AM

Holy crap. When did this happen? I missed your post, and the one after yours was in response to Rutegard. I'll edit it to look as such. :o

It's nice that you liked the "hey heys"! And I'm glad it was worth the wait for you, too.:D For a non-musician, you've always been so helpful in the Your Band section. I'd like to see what you can do if you picked up an instrument. :)

You seem to be doing songs at least once a week lately, really sweet!
Hehe, as you realize that this is the first song since November. I'm glad it feels that way, though. I'm off the hook for a little while.

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Hehe, as you realize that this is the first song since November. I'm glad it feels that way, though. I'm off the hook for a little while.

you'd be amazed how short a 'little while' can be. :p

and i still haven't heard this final version. :(

randman21
01-17-2009, 09:25 AM
you'd be amazed how short a 'little while' can be. :p

and i still haven't heard this final version. :(
Haha, yeah. I had a feeling about that.

WHAT?! What's up with that?!

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Haha, yeah. I had a feeling about that.

WHAT?! What's up with that?!

savefile decided that i can't download stuff from it anymore. :( and i was gonna get it from brianna but she was downloading something and the download was taking forever.

randman21
01-17-2009, 09:35 AM
So it's all Brianna's fault. Figures.

First savefile deletes some of my awesome files, then they won't let you download my stuff. Why is the world against me?! :mad::(:confused: Hehe, try this: http://rapidshare. com/files/184663554/Going_Down. mp3. html (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vcmFwaWRzaGFyZS5jb20vZmlsZXMvMTg0NjYzNT U0L0dvaW5nX0Rvd24ubXAzLmh0bWw=)

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Randy, i want more

darea
01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Randy, i want more

Yep. Me too! Want more!!!:mad:

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 10:14 AM
but first things first: my drum track. How am I supposed to have something finished by wednesday if i don't have a drum track??

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 10:19 AM
but first things first: my drum track. How am I supposed to have something finished by wednesday if i don't have a drum track??

go to the kitchen...it works sometimes....

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 10:20 AM
go to the kitchen...it works sometimes....

huh??

randman21
01-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Banging on pots and pans, of course! Heh, why am I the only one who understands Ruty 'round here?

Yeah, I will definitely cut you some slack on the deadline. I should have done it yesterday, but I'm me, so that didn't happen :P

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 10:26 AM
huh??

huum pots?... and spoons?

JUST TO GET YOU STARTED!! ;]

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Banging on pots and pans, of course! Heh, why am I the only one who understands Ruty 'round here?

/Rutegar wipes tears while reading his post, (go grab herlself her mp3 too to hear it one more time) ;]

i didnt tell u that, but im kinda addicted to this song!

randman21
01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Hehe, very nice. This is one addiction I would not support rehab for. Have fun with it.

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Hehe, very nice. This is one addiction I would not support rehab for. Have fun with it.

im also waiting for nothing from something cover! (just some casual reminder ahah)

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
hahaha! damn! you would think that after all this time I would be able to understand her train of thought, but lately i've just been totally missing out on the jokes. :(

tsk tsk randy! you ruin everything!

I'm working on downloading it. Its being slow though, because I am stealing wireless atm.

randman21
01-17-2009, 10:39 AM

im also waiting for nothing from something cover! (just some casual reminder ahah)
Haha, yeah. I was just thinking about that today. I suppose I'll record that when I've got nothing else to work on.:)

hahaha! damn! you would think that after all this time I would be able to understand her train of thought, but lately i've just been totally missing out on the jokes. :(

tsk tsk randy! you ruin everything!

I'm working on downloading it. Its being slow though, because I am stealing wireless atm.
It's okay. Take your time with these jokes. They are meant to be savored.

Lolz, I'm totally gonna have to update the first post with links as I upload them. With all the conversation, it can be hard for the uninitiated to find things. :p But I'm definitely not saying stop!

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
it makes me a little sad that your new thread has gotten so much more attention than mine... but i guess mine got more people overall... so...

randman21
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Your thread has 57 posts and mine has 56 (57 now). 10 different people posted in my thread, 12 in yours. You pwn me in every way. :(

Rutegard
01-17-2009, 12:20 PM
it makes me a little sad that your new thread has gotten so much more attention than mine... but i guess mine got more people overall... so...

aaawww

i thought i was going to see some xmas song over there...but... ;]

_Lost_
01-17-2009, 12:28 PM
aww. i'm sorry ruty. My holidays ended up being very busy and so i never got the opportunity.

Rutegard
01-18-2009, 01:29 PM
aww. i'm sorry ruty. My holidays ended up being very busy and so i never got the opportunity.

no prob...maybe next year?

meanwhile u should sing us some dirty magic instead!

_Lost_
01-18-2009, 01:33 PM
no prob...maybe next year?

hahaha. I can do that.

Rutegard
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
hahaha. I can do that.

but do it after your exams my child!
me and randy we want u to get good grades juuusstttt like your parents here

/Rutegard puts some mommy face on ..

_Lost_
01-18-2009, 01:43 PM
but do it after your exams my child!
me and randy we want u to get good grades juuusstttt like your parents here

/Rutegard puts some mommy face on ..

my classes don't even start till tuesday. I don't have to worry about exams for 4 months.

Rutegard
01-18-2009, 02:14 PM
my classes don't even start till tuesday. I don't have to worry about exams for 4 months.

then u better start working on that issue!!!

Rutegard
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
randy, dont u fear offering some nice work to offspring fans? dont u know wut this means? ya know? offspring fans? fans that r always complaining about nothing and everything? dont u fear that someday "we" will start complaining about u too? too much pression and high expectations?

just to say that if depends on me, u dont need to worry about it :)
same to u lost member, that has already been found and rescued!!

dff_punk
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Sorry to ruin Randy's thread, but I'd also like to hear a _Lost_-version of Dirty Magic. Could be really nice with your voice.

randman21
01-18-2009, 06:07 PM
randy, dont u fear offering some nice work to offspring fans? dont u know wut this means? ya know? offspring fans? fans that r always complaining about nothing and everything? dont u fear that someday "we" will start complaining about u too? too much pression and high expectations?

just to say that if depends on me, u dont need to worry about it :)
same to u lost member, that has already been found and rescued!!
Hehe, nah I don't worry about it. Basically, until people are giving me munnies for music, I'm not terribly concerned. Right now, I'm doing it for the challenge. And thanks.:)

Sorry to ruin Randy's thread, but I'd also like to hear a _Lost_-version of Dirty Magic. Could be really nice with your voice.
Hehe. You mean another _Lost_ version of Dirty Magic?

_Lost_
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Hehe. You mean another _Lost_ version of Dirty Magic?

i guess so... maybe they never downloaded the original, which i don't mind, because its not good. I should do a new one.

Rooster
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Wow, Going Down is pretty good actually. Loved the solo part, i didn't see that comming - it sounds heavier than the rest of the song. But i think it only makes things interesting, so i'm all for it!

Good job! I hope to hear more soon.

randman21
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Raptor.:) I've been listening to it multiple times a day now, and I still like it, so it's a good sign (for me anyway). Hopefully, I can at least get the beginnings of my next song done this weekend (only after I finish your drum track, Lost:D). As it stands, I like that one 1000x more than Going Down.

Rutegard
01-25-2009, 02:39 PM
randy, i got my computer fixed right now, i hope u can understand what it means :p
GIMME NEW SONGS

randman21
01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Haha, okay! I've been pretty lazy, though. I have countless punk songs that I can record, so maybe I'll do that next, while I'm struggling to write lyrics for the next song I want to put in this thread. :)

darea
01-26-2009, 01:49 AM
randy, i got my computer fixed right now, i hope u can understand what it means :p
GIMME NEW SONGS

I just wanna say the same thing. Gimme songs gimme new songs! or old ones that you've not recorded yet. Or old ones that need re-recording!! hehe but of course, take your time!:p

Rutegard
01-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Haha, okay! I've been pretty lazy, though. I have countless punk songs that I can record, so maybe I'll do that next, while I'm struggling to write lyrics for the next song I want to put in this thread. :)

want a clue? write about my dog ahahaha

huumm seriously...write about whatever comes your mind!!

T-6005
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Randman, I don't know if it's me, but I can't find anything of yours to listen to in this thread.

Rutegard
01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Randman, I don't know if it's me, but I can't find anything of yours to listen to in this thread.

try the first post...
where it says

"There are other things I wanted to say, but I can't remember. Anyway, I'll upload this to myspace, but in the meantime, download it here. Enjoy! "

in the final part of his post.

T-6005
01-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Right you are. Thanks, Rutegard.

Listening now.

Well damn. The background vocals are a definite high for me - are you a Beach Boys fan? Well, it really doesn't matter since I am, and I get a little bit of that kind of background vocal mixed into a modern rock sound.

I'm jealous, to be honest - it seems like my songs never manage to come out this seamless. All your levels are fantastic and everything blends perfectly together. The only person I've heard on this board so far that's better at it than you is Homer.

The song is damn catchy, too. I think this one might make it into songs I regularly listen to.

One small gripe, though it's nothing really important, more of a personal thing. I hate hearing overstressed "r" sounds like you do in the word "matters." But I have no solution for this and only noticed the second time I listened to the song.

Make more songs and put them up!

Rutegard
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM

you welcome

that is the link for his "going down" song, but here is his myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=123230608

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
GIMME NEW SONGS

New as in un-heard ... cause what happened to all the stuff I gave you?

Randy, we are the 'I want it now generation' ... why are we waiting :D

Rutegard
01-28-2009, 01:07 PM
New as in un-heard ... cause what happened to all the stuff I gave you?

i heard all the stuff and now i just wan more, im a true offspring fan, i always want more LOL

randman21
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Haha, good question. Simple answer is that I don't make good use of my off days, but I promise to from now on :P

you welcome

Thanks for the help Ruty. :) I would have been a little late.

Listening now.

Well damn. The background vocals are a definite high for me - are you a Beach Boys fan? Well, it really doesn't matter since I am, and I get a little bit of that kind of background vocal mixed into a modern rock sound.

I believe my mission for this song is complete. After the most common criticism on my Mixtape song, I wanted to see how I could do if I really tried to do some background vocals. Definitely glad to get your seal of approval on that. And Beach Boys, heh, there are about ten songs of theirs I know, and I love them all (ugh, except Kokomo). I'm not a fan fan, though.

I'm jealous, to be honest - it seems like my songs never manage to come out this seamless. All your levels are fantastic and everything blends perfectly together. The only person I've heard on this board so far that's better at it than you is Homer.
Wow, thanks. I think this is a case of the grass being greener on the other side, as yours definitely seem more seamless to me. I can't explain it...

The song is damn catchy, too. I think this one might make it into songs I regularly listen to.
Awesooome. Coming from other musicians, there's no comparision.

One small gripe, though it's nothing really important, more of a personal thing. I hate hearing overstressed "r" sounds like you do in the word "matters." But I have no solution for this and only noticed the second time I listened to the song.
Haha, I found this especially interesting. For some reason, I was trying to channel my inner Michael Stipe in the first prechorus and and choruses. It didn't really work out at all, and that was the only real artifact of it. You might be pleased to know that I don't normally do that :P

Make more songs and put them up!
I shall! I was in the middle of recording a pop-punkish song, the side stuff is much more fun. If I can figure out how to program the drums for the next song (shuffle beats are beyond my capability, apparently), it'll be up sooner than later. Thanks!

Rutegard
01-30-2009, 05:36 AM
Randy, lets make a deal here

whenever u have a new song, try to put the link for it in a very noticeble way ok?

caus i can see shit here LOL now im starting to freak out...

darea
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Randy, lets make a deal here

whenever u have a new song, try to put the link for it in a very noticeble way ok?

caus i can see shit here LOL now im starting to freak out...

Yeah I always complain about that! I'm always last to find one of the new songs :(:mad: because Randy always brings out a new song just on a day when I can't get near a computer and so I learn about it a day after! boo!
But I'm sure that you, Ruty will always find Randy's songs before I do, so you can't really have time to freak out! lol

Rutegard
01-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah I always complain about that! I'm always last to find one of the new songs :(:mad: because Randy always brings out a new song just on a day when I can't get near a computer and so I learn about it a day after! boo!
But I'm sure that you, Ruty will always find Randy's songs before I do, so you can't really have time to freak out! lol

ahahah this time it happened the same to me :p LOL
RANDY u make us crazy with your 234 threads about your music and your "log in-log out" ritual lolol

randman21
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
First off, new song:
O.L.E.mp3 - 3.60MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/573458263f479ae5/)

Karin, when we were talking about my lack of productivity the other day, it took me a while to realize that you meant musically. Heh, lemme fill you (and the world) in on what I've been up to.

I've got it in my head that I should write an epic tale, set to music. 13 songs recounting a man's struggle with drug addiction. I've been writing like crazy lately, and I've already done about 5-6 songs. I've got the basic outline for the story and I'm trying to write stuff based on each point, which I've never been able to do. I usually don't come up with a topic until after I've been messing around with lyrics for a while. At least if they suck, I can blame it on the junkie. ;)

This song is the last of story, so it kinda ruins a little of it, but I'll fill it randomly as I record songs. It looks a little something like this:

11. Going Down
13. O.L.E.

So yeah. I should really start coming up with these posts before I'm ready to submit, because there was a lot of stuff I wanted to say. I forgotz. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

randman21
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Lyrics!

I sat along the sandy banks of Tuscaloo.
Those rippling waves just left me wonderiní what to do.
When desperation came and hit me on the head,
Before I knew it I was on my way to you. Yeah, I was off.

I swam for miles and miles and miles and miles it seemed.
The farther along I got, the more it felt a dream.
Face down, staring at that lonesome ocean floor,
I could no longer ignore that youíre not mine anymore.

Chorus:

Oh, Ellie, Ellie, whereíd you go?
Iím losing time and Iíve got no place left to go.
Oh, Ellie, Ellie, donít you know
You said goodbye, but youíll say hello again.
Oh, Ellie, Ellie, whyíd you go?
This waterís cold and I am freezing head to toe.
Surely, but slow, Iíll find my way to you.

I may not be the smartest man youíll ever see,
but I do know one thing: without you, there is no me.
So Iím on my way to show you we were meant to be,
and come hell or high water, my plan will be complete. Yes, indeed.

I may be the latest casualty, I cannot lie.
On this briny highway, good intentions come to die
without your air to breathe, I canít survive, I know,
but as long as Iím thinking of you, itís a hell of a way to go.

P.S. Haha, I have no idea if there are even any rivers in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Tuscaloo" was just a "placeholder" word when I first started, and liked how it sounded.

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-20-2009, 02:49 PM
First off, new song:
O.L.E.mp3 - 3.60MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/573458263f479ae5/)

Thanks ... I have been sticking around tonight to download this one but I'll listen to it tomorrow and give feedback :)

Rutegard
03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks ... I have been sticking around tonight to download this one but I'll listen to it tomorrow and give feedback :)

u wont regret :D

ad8
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Nice work again! I love the country-esque feel. Again I can see that you're not only talented as a punk rock musician but that you are overall very talented. Very very good job!

randman21
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Nice work again! I love the country-esque feel. Again I can see that you're not only talented as a punk rock musician but that you are overall very talented. Very very good job!

Thanks! The person I named the song after is a huge country fan...I am not. So it must have been a subconscious thing. :D

Rooster
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
So this is the song you were telling me about before :)

I like it, kind of country, but with punky feel. Also, your vocals fit great!

Stylie
03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
DAMN Randy, you got TALENT!?
I'm just... I'm... I'm out of words. Man...

I only listened a little bit of Going Down, 'cause I just had to listen to O.L.E. You know that I really like that clip you got on youtube of it, and this final version is just amazing! It's so freakin' catchy. I really like the drumming too. All the instruments, so well played and it all fit together perfectly. I also like the solo - nice! This could be a hit. seriously. :D

Free?
03-20-2009, 06:29 PM
O.L.E. is awesome. You broke so many girls' (and boys') hearts with that song though ;] (no one here is called Ellie, right?).

_Lost_
03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
when did you get past your writing block?

and lol... i don't know what i meant by lack of productivity... just in general it sounded like you were not up to much of anything aside from work and mega man.

randman21
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks, guys and ladies!

DAMN Randy, you got TALENT!?
I'm just... I'm... I'm out of words. Man...

I only listened a little bit of Going Down, 'cause I just had to listen to O.L.E. You know that I really like that clip you got on youtube of it, and this final version is just amazing! It's so freakin' catchy. I really like the drumming too. All the instruments, so well played and it all fit together perfectly. I also like the solo - nice! This could be a hit. seriously. :D
Hehe, I forgot you were one of the ones who found that video on YouTube (and disobeyed my orders!). I'm happy this final version lives up to the video, plus more. At least I played the B chords semi-correctly on this. ;)

O.L.E. is awesome. You broke so many girls' (and boys') hearts with that song though ;] (no one here is called Ellie, right?).
Hahaha. Yeah, there are no Ellies on the boards (that I know of), but any two or three syllable name should work. Oh, Andrei, Andrei, dontcha know? :D

when did you get past your writing block?

and lol... i don't know what i meant by lack of productivity... just in general it sounded like you were not up to much of anything aside from work and mega man.
DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! Heh, my first guess was right then. And you were absolutely correct.

Err, I have spurts of creativity from time to time. This one came when I was trying to finish the lyrics of this song, and came up with the idea of the epic. I was so excited about it that I just started doing it. Mind over matter, I guess. :P

EDIT: Hot damn, I love that solo!

darea
03-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Ive been waiting for that song since november or december, it's about time! lol

I hate how it takes ages to download!! Ooh so going down is part of your epic? cool!!
I'm glad I don't need to be too enthusiastic about things cause I see other people do the job pretty well!:p

I can't download it!!!

Les Paul Girl
03-21-2009, 06:09 AM
I didn't know about this thread until now so I've just gotten two new Randy songs to listen to :) I must say that you're really talented Randy and I love these songs! The epic tale idea sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to hearing it all finished.

I like both songs, but Going Down is my favourite. Probably because I like the mix - it's so clear and well blended - and also I like the way you use your low voice (which I just love, btw).

Hmm, I just realized that none of those arguments has anything to do with the actual songs but more with the sound, so I might change my mind when I've listened to them more and can see beyond the mixing.

Thanks for sharing your songs, I'm looking forward to more!

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Randy, the song is absolutely fantastic. I can see this 13 song epic tale working really well and taking into account Going Down, which in my mind is completely different to O.L.E but it still kinda fits. I am really looking forward to the remaining 11 songs.

darea
03-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Randy, the song is absolutely fantastic. I can see this 13 song epic tale working really well and taking into account Going Down, which in my mind is completely different to O.L.E but it still kinda fits. I am really looking forward to the remaining 11 songs.

Same as Marika said!
Hehe but OLE's really awesome love it!

randman21
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I didn't know about this thread until now so I've just gotten two new Randy songs to listen to :) I must say that you're really talented Randy and I love these songs! The epic tale idea sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to hearing it all finished.

I like both songs, but Going Down is my favourite. Probably because I like the mix - it's so clear and well blended - and also I like the way you use your low voice (which I just love, btw).

Hmm, I just realized that none of those arguments has anything to do with the actual songs but more with the sound...
Hehe, I'll take what I can get . Thanks. Heh, there is a lot of stuff in Going Down, eh? It didn't really register how much. There's never less than 3 guitars at any one time, and as many as 5. Same with voices. ;) I feel like my mixing skill has improved a bit over the years, partly because of bbs members' music. I listen and take notes, but I still have a ways to go. And I'm happy you like my lower voice, too. Coming from you, it's the ultimate compliment. ;:) I sung bass in school choirs and such, by the way.

:) As it stands, there are a lot of different styles that I have planned for the songs to come. Hope they live up to your expectations.

Stylie
03-21-2009, 10:58 AM
:) As it stands, there are a lot of different stylie's that I have planned for the songs to come.

Just had to correct your gramatic.
And yeah, final version of O.L.E. became really good. congrats!

randman21
03-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Hahaha, that was silly. But I was thinking it ;)

OH, and remember guys, if you have trouble finding the links in the mass of posts, they are also in the first post.

Rutegard
03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
i just dont like the name for cultural reasons.

Stylie
03-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Heheh, silly of you yes. :D
Btw, was that actually correct gramatic?

I must admit that I don't have fully control over the ' sign. That's = that is. that's okey. And it is (or it's) Randy's room, instead of Randys room. But Chris' room? And what does Randys mean, without the sign? Maybe you could explaine? no no, btw, that's offtopic. : p

Stylie
03-21-2009, 11:20 AM
i just dont like the name for cultural reasons.

What name?
Sorry for double post.

_Lost_
03-21-2009, 11:39 AM
And what does Randys mean, without the sign?

i guess that would mean that there is more than one randy. since it is a pronoun rather than a regular noun, i believe it would be pluralized by just adding an 's' rather than making it "ies"

Stylie
03-21-2009, 11:58 AM
i guess that would mean that there is more than one randy. since it is a pronoun rather than a regular noun, i believe it would be pluralized by just adding an 's' rather than making it "ies"

Ah, well that make sence! : )

Rutegard
03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
What name?
Sorry for double post.

ah nevermind, im just too complicated

randman21
03-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Heh, I should probably correct you Stylie by saying that's it's grammar, not "gramatic". ;)

So I may have my answer, but any thoughts on the song?

Outerspaceman21
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
creative shit, man. rad job

randman21
03-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks, Ponce. ;) I was wondering what you might think.

Outerspaceman21
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Ponce. ;) I was wondering what you might think.

I'm glad my opinon matters so much to you. Now I feel flattered.

darea
03-23-2009, 01:58 AM
I keep saying something is good without saying what I like about it.

So, What do I like about O.L.E.?
I love how you sing in a happy voice what is supposed to be a sad song. Cause we can hear all the hope that the guy has to get his girl back. If I was the girl I'd either pity the guy and get him back, or enjoy making him suffer!!:p
So anyway, the happiness and hope that we can hear in the voice and the music. I guess that's what I love about it.
The music is really nice, I like the little guitar thing towards the end of the chorus...if I'm talking about the right thing:confused:
I like the guitar solo.
And this song wouldn't work without an American accent, cause its just so american.

There I guess I've justified enough why I love it.;)

randman21
07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Sooo...it's technically July 25th somewhere on earth, right?

On this day 6 years ago, I wrote my first song (which I will neeeeeever let anyone hear :o), and to commemorate this most awesome of days, I am very grateful and proud to present my 100th. It's called "Nos Regimus Iam". I'll end up reworking some things, but I'm done for now. It's a pretty long song. Enjoy! :)

Nos Regimus Iam.mp3 - 6.30MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/631197415246df2e/)

I'm living a lie
but I need to survive
The daily grind
so you know I've learned to comply

Say what you want
Keep up the front
But you're like me
and you know you can't deny

that you don’t wanna live like a slave
Weary all the way to the grave
And I wanna be and not merely to exist.
I paid my dues so I refuse to lose and so should you.

Take my hand, come along, far from the throng
We’ll breathe again, we’ll live our own way
where the wind blows is where we will go
it’s where we belong
All work and no play has left us dull, but no more
Just throw up your hands and release all control

Let’s leave ‘em behind
Cross the red line
I’m sure no one will mind,
cause you know they’re all color blind

Don’t tell anyone
Just follow the sun
It’s a risky stunt
but you know we’re in for a time

It’s been a minute since we’ve been free
from the shackles bound at our feet
Time for us to sit back and taste the victory
We’ll say it now, we’ll say it loud, we’ll say it proud. We’re busting out.

Also, yet another myspace profile for this project will finally be up, as soon as the new mixtape reveals the name of it. :D

EDIT: That thing at the end isn't an actual part of the song. I just love it, and thought it was worth hearing a capella.

Gustavo
07-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Whoa, Randy! I don't like this kind of music much, but as I told you on MSN. This one is pretty awesome and sounds very good, very nicely done, sir! :rolleyes:
This one is going straight to my iPod, well... Sort of, I don't have an actual iPod, but it's something like that. lol

ad8
07-25-2009, 01:12 AM
To ensure you: It was 2 AM in Germany when you posted the song, so it was the 25th of July:D I'm impressed that you have written 100 songs already:eek:
When will we hear the rest of 'em?:D
Anyway, I wanted to comment on Nos Regimus Iam.
It's another solid Randy song and even though I enjoy a fast-paced punk song more easily, this one seems just too good to not enjoy. Your voice is really suited for this kind of music(I think your voice just generally rules because the a capella thing in the end sounded good, too) and in combination with your clean guitar sound it just sounds delicious. I have no problems imagining this song as the soundtrack to a big Hollywood movie.

randman21
07-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks, Gustavo and Adrian! This is the one I really wanted to get on the mixtape, but it took way longer than expected. I'm a bit happy, though. I had a few good ideas after the deadline that wouldn't have been in the song.

ad, I'm glad you think my voice is suited for this kind of music, because sometimes I feel like it doesn't quite fit right. But that's just how I am :P
Hehe, it takes so long for me to record songs nowadays, that it will be until I can get some regular studio time that you will hear a lot more of them. :) Most are trash, but I've got some goodies in there, too. I have MIDI files for like songs 1-95. Also, :) @ "delicious"

By the way, aren't you the one who speaks Latin? Is the grammar on that correct? :D

ad8
07-25-2009, 02:56 AM
By the way, aren't you the one who speaks Latin? Is the grammar on that correct? :D
Nope, I preferred French over Latin so I didn't learn it at school.

randman21
07-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Damn, I think that was raptor. Whoops.

randman21
07-25-2009, 06:27 AM
So all, here's the myspace I was talking about before. Feel free to add me!

http://www.myspace.com/mcfearnc

Superdope
07-25-2009, 01:56 PM
So all, here's the myspace I was talking about before. Feel free to add me!

http://www.myspace.com/mcfearnc

Oh my fucking god <3's

darea
07-26-2009, 04:20 AM
Dammit Randy, you just keep getting better and better! Ima have to rape you 100 times more than planned. Lol. I gotta listen to that song again, as soon as my mum stops listening to Abba. Lol. I liked the "delicious" too. I usually say tasty, its close enough.;)

darea
07-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Dammit, even better reading the lyrics. It's really good. I love it. I don't know what gustavo meant by "this sort of song", I think I usually like this sort of thing. Anyway I love it. :p It IS delicious.

Blitz!
07-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Well Randy, what can I say but ... it was about time.
The song is pretty solid and I like it ... congrats :)

randman21
07-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Thank you, ladies and gents. :) And right back atcha, Superdooooope.

Les Paul Girl
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, I really like the new song!
After listening to it I felt like listening to your old ones again and I must say - they're growing on me! I don't know what it is about them that make me like them so much but they get stuck in my head - in a good way, though :D

randman21
07-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey, Lilly! Thanks. :) I don't know what it is about my songs either, but I won't question it too much. :D I came up with the main chord progression and vocal melody while improvising, as I was washing clothes. Maybe that explains this one. Do you like laundry?

Les Paul Girl
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Naah, laudry isn't exactly my favourite waste of time, but maybe it would be more fun if I tried to improvise songs while doing them. I'll try that next time I'm heading downstairs to spend time with my dirty clothes :p

Blitz!
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know what it is about them that make me like them so much but they get stuck in my head - in a good way, though :D

I totally get what you mean ... I currently have them playing in my car *what more could Randy ask for* :)

randman21
07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
No, seriously. I couldn't ask for much more! lolz.

The Piano
07-31-2009, 09:21 AM
hey, randy i really liked the cover of the offspring's the meaning of life. and your band is hella good. your vocals are great. nice music to my ears. seriously. thank you very much. oh, yeah as well as _LOST_ stuff is sexy.

im so stoked out man. dude, that girl can sing like a decent angel of flying doves. i heart that one song from her band's thingy STAY.

randman21
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
hey, randy i really liked the cover of the offspring's the meaning of life. and your band is hella good. your vocals are great. nice music to my ears. seriously. thank you very much. oh, yeah as well as _LOST_ stuff is sexy.

im so stoked out man. dude, that girl can sing like a decent angel of flying doves. i heart that one song from her band's thingy STAY.
YEAH, see Karin?! Stay is an awesome song. (PS Maria, I did the drum track for that song. :D)

But anyway, thanks! Glad you like the stuff. :)

offspringer24
07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
LOOK, dude... your covers suck...your 'so-cal' band is anus and your songwritings..... 'wank'

just kidding, still rockin the randman

p.s how are you not on the t.v now dude? :D

_Lost_
07-31-2009, 10:57 PM
LOL! Well that makes two of you Randy.

I still feel the need to re record that song since I have an amp now. The direct input thing was just not working out.

And Randy, I've decided that OLE is genuinely one of my favorite songs ever. Every time I turn around, its stuck in my head... and I don't mind it! haha

Maria, you can always click the link in my sig if you wanna hear more. "me on myspace" :p

The Piano
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
YEAH, see Karin?! Stay is an awesome song. (PS Maria, I did the drum track for that song. :D)

But anyway, thanks! Glad you like the stuff. :)

ur welcome!
wow, i didn't know now i do thaxn to u, randy. about the drum track. (cool)

LOL! Well that makes two of you Randy.

I still feel the need to re record that song since I have an amp now. The direct input thing was just not working out.

And Randy, I've decided that OLE is genuinely one of my favorite songs ever. Every time I turn around, its stuck in my head... and I don't mind it! haha

Maria, you can always click the link in my sig if you wanna hear more. "me on myspace" :p

thanks! well, i just did long ass time ago but was way too shy to compliments ya and other stuff though. (cool)

SMASHedTHEignition
08-02-2009, 03:28 AM
great music randy

randman21
08-02-2009, 04:29 AM

:eek: <3333 Major yayage.

great music randy

Thank you, my friend. :)

SMASHedTHEignition
08-02-2009, 05:00 AM
:eek: <3333 Major yayage.

Thank you, my friend. :)

only tellin the truth mate :) :p

darea
08-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah Randy's the freaking best! lol:p
Two months left before I can tell him in person.

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah Randy's the freaking best! lol:p
Two months left before I can tell him in person.

lucky you..

im downloadin al his music now, only 8 mins left :)

coke_a_holic
08-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Randy, now we are friends on myspace. Which means we're friends in real life.

IRL <3

darea
08-03-2009, 02:17 AM
lucky you..

im downloadin al his music now, only 8 mins left :)

Hehe yeah and he thinks HE's the lucky one. I can't wait. heh it's much more exciting than an offspring concert, because I haven't seen Randy for a year now...:(

Randy you keep doing making us crazy with your music which is getting better and better! Love you! lol:p

SMASHedTHEignition
08-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Hehe yeah and he thinks HE's the lucky one. I can't wait. heh it's much more exciting than an offspring concert, because I haven't seen Randy for a year now...:(

Randy you keep doing making us crazy with your music which is getting better and better! Love you! lol:p

yeh his music rules, i cant stop listenen to the Anology its bitchin' :D

darea
08-18-2009, 06:30 AM
MORE SONGS DAMMIT!

mkay?:p