PDA

View Full Version : So I Made a Cover of Nothingtown

brothadave79
01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
because I wanted to get in on this whole covering thing that's been going on. I realize I'm a little late to the party, but I got really bored over my winter break! Now, I know I messed up several times and I was too lazy to fix all of the mistakes. Also, I know it's not that great sounding, but I thought I'd share it with you all anyhow. One last thing - the sweet guitar solo is missing, because I most assuredly cannot play it.

Now that I really made it sound oh-so-pleasing, here's the link!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1973797

Free?
01-20-2009, 04:00 AM
That was daaaaamn lovely! So calm and positive. Great work on vocals / backvocals, your voice resembles Greg's. There were 2 little fuckups with tempo, but song leaves a very positive feeling :).

Some people are already working on Nothingtown cover, but I think it would be a great loss if we wouldn't include your version as well. ;]

findout5
01-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Your voice is cool!
The tempo fuckups are in the chorus!

Jojan
01-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Someone lost the rythm. And I got bored.

brothadave79
01-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks Free and findout! I wasn't sure if the vocals would be any good because I haven't really sang for real in a long time, and I've gotten very rusty.

And Jojan, yeah I know I lost the rhythm at some parts. It's kinda difficult to record several parts (without fucking up) and making them all fit well together. Not as easy as just playing with the master track behind you :P :)

BigFish
01-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm just gonna be honest and say that it was really a lackluster, mediocre cover. I'm not trying to be an ass, but to give you constructive criticism. It definitely needs a lot of work and feels incomplete. Work on it some more though.

brothadave79
01-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm just gonna be honest and say that it was really a lackluster, mediocre cover. I'm not trying to be an ass, but to give you constructive criticism. It definitely needs a lot of work and feels incomplete. Work on it some more though.

Nah, I don't think you're an ass. Maybe a bit blunt, though? :D

I actually feel the same way, to be honest. It's really just something I did to keep myself entertained (same reason I put it up here). I don't fancy myself something of a real musician, just one fan sharing something with others. Thanks for listening, at least! :)

RobinoZombie
01-21-2009, 02:52 AM
The Vocals was good, not the backing vocals though,
sounds like the drums are choppy at its best,

Sorry:(