PDA

View Full Version : President Obama

Rag Doll
01-20-2009, 10:14 AM
So, that's it. He was sworn in. No more Bush.

Anyone watch? Any thoughts on the inauguration? I have work now, so I'm missing most of his speech. I felt the ceremony was too long and too, well, ceremonial, if that makes sense. I was amused that he and Chief Justice Roberts seemed insanely nervous to the point of screwing up the oath. And the amount of people!! Jesus. It was insane.

so. thoughts?

IamSam
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I was saddened by the oath screw up, but oh well. His speech is going very well.

jacknife737
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I quite enjoyed it, and i did breath a sigh of relief, that it was indeed an end of the Bush era, that has seemed as if has lasted a lot longer then eight years. It's almost surreal.

I really liked the Yo Yo Ma musical arrangement. Biden sounded confident, it was unfortunate that Obama stumbled a bit during the oath (probably what most conservative pundits will be talking about tomorrow "lulz, first screw up of many!!!!".

His speech, however, was excellent.

Thomas
01-20-2009, 10:27 AM
I thought it was funny how the oath was messed up. I don't think it really matters, though.

He speech wasn't too bad, also. I wasn't paying extreme attention, but I got the general jist of it and caught a lot of the main points.

RonWelty
01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Americans, be warned:

This is the first step of the USA's decadence.

Thomas
01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Americans, be warned:

This is the first step of the USA's decadence.

I'm not gonna talk about whether Obama's going to help or harm this country, but if he does, it would be far from the first step.

Oxygene
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
You Americans are very very lucky to have such a charismatic and articulate smart leader. I truly and deeply envy you.

I wish him good health and all strength to realize what he envisions.

While he was being sworn in I was completely shocked at how sentimental I got. It is such a huge thing, for this man to become president.

I think it sets a great example for the rest of the world.

And Biden is tha bomb.. I hope these guys set some of this shit right Bush fucked up.

God bless Barack Obama :)

Oxygene
01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Wasn't it the chief justice who fucked up the oath?

Thomas
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM

They both kinda did, but Obama definitely spoke before he should have.

0r4ng3
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.dieselsweeties.com/hstrips/0/2/1/9/02197.png

Jebus
01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought Yo Yo Ma was going to be a rapper when he was announced.

Jesus
01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Na na na na, na na na na ....
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45395000/jpg/_45395656_bush_getty466.jpg

The ceremony was indeed quite long, just like his speech. But after 8 years of having the guy above as your spokesperson it didn't seem that long. I liked it how the camera went (at least on the cnn feed) to Bush when he was talking about there being no excuse for taking people's civil rights away. And I also thought Obama corrected the chief justice at first during the oath. The only awkward part of the ceremony was the theocratic thing with the pastors.

Jesus
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Ow yeah, and Cheney in a wheelchair. He probably tried to pick up his man-sized safe.

sKratch
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Was I the only one thinking, "Thank God no one shot him"?
My favorite lines were from the second reverend, something like "... yellow will be mellow, brown can stick around, and the red man can get a [forgot] man..."
I like his speech overall, and there were a couple parts in particular that I liked. That "your people will judge you not based on what you can destroy but what you can build" bit. It hasn't really dawned on me yet that Bush is out and Obama is pres. It's one of those things that's been in the works for so long that it would seem like it would never come.

Ow yeah, and Cheney in a wheelchair. He probably tried to pick up his man-sized safe.
LOL excellent

According to NPR, the chief justice switched the placement of a word.

KyleW
01-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I missed him being sworn in but I caught most of the speech and I was quite impressed.

I hope Obama can really implement all of the changes he plans, he already has the charisma nailed :D

Cock Joke
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
The only problem was the lack of confetti. Other than that it was a good inauguration.

Llamas
01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I didn't watch it, and I didn't really honestly care. I voted for him, was really glad he won, and now am just waiting for him to take action. I wasn't really excited to hear another speech from him.

wheelchairman
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Am I the only one who got off? Did anyone else even masturbate?

He's such a good speaker!

Mota Boy
01-20-2009, 07:48 PM
So, that's it. He was sworn in. No more Bush.

Anyone watch?I was there! It was incredible! I was close enough to see it live, instead of on a jumbotron I got a tiny little Obama head peaking up above the podium. The crowd was great, and there was a surprising amount of space. People were alternately chanting "Obama" and "Yes we can/did!" and then when Bush arrived there was booing followed by many-a-singing off the 43rd. I have pictures! Will come eventually. As for now, I got me tickets to a ball [for those that don't remember, I worked on the campaign, so I got an inside scoop]. I'll give a longer update in time, but at the moment I'm preparing to go to a ball (which I hear are miserable affairs, so don't bother being jealous). Got a monkey suit to don.

Cock Joke
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm looking forward to it, Mota!

IamSam
01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
What ball is it, Mota Boy? 'Cause I just saw the 'Youth Ball' and it looks pretty kickin'!

Al Coholic
01-20-2009, 11:12 PM
I feel bad for Obama. This shit is like, still ongoing. He had the inagural, luncheon, parades, like a dozen balls. You can tell he's tired of smiling and giving speeches. I bet all he wants to do is go home and bang the wife. I mean cmon, who doesn't wanna have presidential sex in the white house?

metalmania
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
yeah,united companies of america chose a new president so i dont think he's different.cause giant companies determine the policy of this country.and the question is which companies chose him?

coke_a_holic
01-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I watched on my television, but didn't go down for it, even though I live close enough to. Everyone that I know who went had to wake up at 4 in the morning to get down there in time to get a good spot.

I think there were about 750,000 people on the National Mall, and they closed off all highways into the city. It was really intense.

I thought that it was a great ceremony, though the poet after Obama's speech was such a let down; she really wasn't very good.

IamSam
01-21-2009, 02:26 PM
yeah,united companies of america chose a new president so i dont think he's different.cause giant companies determine the policy of this country.and the question is which companies chose him?

Which companies you ask?

WPFP-White People for Peace
AIFG-Anarchy is Fucking Gay
LSTMM-Let's Stick it To MetalMania
WBIH-We Believe In Hope
DDR-Dance...Dance...Revolution

Oxygene
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Haha dude no offense, but you are the last nation on earth who should be making that observation :)

I thought that it was a great ceremony, though the poet after Obama's speech was such a let down; she really wasn't very good.
That was such a huge WTF moment..

I woulda put her before Obama tho, had there been a plot to assassinate Obama, they surely would've shot her instead.

Llamas
01-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Where is Metalmania from?

0r4ng3
01-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I think Russia, but I could be wrong.

Oxygene
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I think Russia, but I could be wrong.

ur right !

metalmania
01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Haha dude no offense, but you are the last nation on earth who should be making that observation :)

That was such a huge WTF moment..

I woulda put her before Obama tho, had there been a plot to assassinate Obama, they surely would've shot her instead.

hehe ok oxygene and i never offends and i talk about federal reserve bank /FED/ since 1913.which companies re associate of this bank since 1913? and what re these biggest companies doing in the policy? anyway these questions and answers re so long so i say:i celebrate obama :D

Smash_Returns
01-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Long Live Obama.

However, I'm kinda not liking the comparisons of him to Lincoln and JFK. We all know how Lincoln and JFK left office. I really hope he doesn't meet the same end, but there are enough racist conservative looneys out there, that I'd be shocked if no one tried.

I REALLY hope it doesn't happen.

SweetTatyana
01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090123/usa/us_politics_obama_guantanamo_media_reax

Thank God

T-6005
01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I saw an Obama bumper sticker last night. I thought it was hilarious that non-Americans would bother to put one on their car.

It just says Obama right next to Ontario. I mean, come on.

Mota Boy
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I saw an Obama bumper sticker last night. I thought it was hilarious that non-Americans would bother to put one on their car.

It just says Obama right next to Ontario. I mean, come on.The first place I worked on the campaign was a vacation town, and we'd have Europeans stop in all the time to pick up bumper stickers.

Anyway, I promised a picture.

http://i40.tinypic.com/8yb6dy.jpg

Thomas
01-30-2009, 10:55 PM
That's an incredibly awesome picture.

SweetTatyana
01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, thats sick mota

sKratch
01-31-2009, 10:23 AM
That picture is obviously shopped! Not only can you tell from the pixels, but:
http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/mota_pixels.jpg
If we look at A and B, Mota Boy (if that's even really him) has his jacket unzipped and is not wearing a hat. EVERYONE ELSE IS WEARING HATS AND HAS THEIR JACKETS ZIPPED UP!!! Don't you think that's a little weird?
Look at the lights at C1. Then note that there is a shadow on Mota Boy's face at C2. THE LIGHT IS ON THE LEFT SIDE ON THE PICTURE YET THERE IS A SHADOW ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS FACE. Don't you think that's a little weird?
Next, notice that the traffic light at D1 is green, but the woman at D2 is walking to the right which would indicate that she is running a red light. Don't you think that's a little weird?
Lastly, I don't know about you guys, but usually when I look into the sky THERE IS A SUN. THERE IS NO SUN IN THIS PICTURE BECAUSE IT IS IN A STUDIO.

In conclusion, we never landed on the moon.

jacknife737
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
It's a conspiracy!

Nice picture anyways Mota Boy, i'm incredibly envious that you were able to attend.

Mota Boy
01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
That picture is obviously shopped!Alright, just between you and me, that was a sound stage. The Secret Service moved the whole thing inside for security reasons after so many people found out Obama is a secret Muslim. We all got to take turns posing in front of various backdrops set up around the warehouse. In the next series of pictures, my coat was off entirely. And perhaps my favorite memory of the event was the staff party the next day. Free food and drinks, a very sincere speech by now-President Obama thanking everyone and encouraging us to keep working for the betterment of our world, performances by the Arcade Fire and Jay-Z and an afterparty reunion with all my former coworkers. Good stuff.

Little_Miss_1565
01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
I have to admit, there was part of me that was kind of hoping his speech would consist entirely of "allahu akbar" and ululations, because then every blowhard in the religious Right would have had severest convulsions.