PDA

View Full Version : Delete the "Polls" section

bighead384
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
There's not point to it. I'm tired of seeing it. It's an eyesore.

hangovered
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I wish I could have problems like this.

bighead384
01-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I wish I could have problems like this.

You don't know what it's like till you've walked a mile in my shoes.

Thomas
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Actually, it does kind of annoy me to. I think something does need to be done about it. Maybe not delete it, but at least do something with it...

bighead384
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Actually, it does kind of annoy me to. I think something does need to be done about it. Maybe not delete it, but at least do something with it...

I don't see anything happening with it to justify keeping it there. Might as well just delete it. Unless you have some actual ideas...

I should've made this thread into a poll to be ironic.

Al Coholic
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I can't post in there. Seems useless. Open it up?

Thomas
01-21-2009, 04:37 PM
It's meant for polls by the admin such as the Dexter on Song deal and when we voted for mods, but it hasn't been used in years.

Thomas
01-21-2009, 04:41 PM
On a somewhat related note, whoever is in that "punk" poll in there named Pena is ridiculously awesome at not catching sarcasm.

randman21
01-21-2009, 07:59 PM
On a somewhat related note, whoever is in that "punk" poll in there named Pena is ridiculously awesome.
Fixed.

It's pathetic how much I remember and love Pena. I wish he'd come back. :(

Smash_Returns
01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, if they used it anymore, or if Dexter would actually write something, it could be useful, but as is, it's pointless. 3.8k votes on both Gone Away and Lightning Rod.

Cock Joke
01-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Yea. Polls forum is useless now. Dexter hasn't done a blog on the highest ranking song and probably never will so it oughta be deleted altogether.

Rutegard
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Yea. Polls forum is useless now. Dexter hasn't done a blog on the highest ranking song and probably never will so it oughta be deleted altogether.

or instead of deleting it, one can have hope and ask for the resolution, and super outcome, ending with dexter writing us something we can actually learn from

brothadave79
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Like his Master's Thesis?

IamSam
01-26-2009, 02:05 AM
or instead of deleting it, one can have hope and ask for the resolution, and super outcome, ending with dexter writing us something we can actually learn from

What? Do you think that Dexter is a secret disciple of Jesus? Is there a secret gospel of Dexter that I don't know about?

randman21
01-26-2009, 02:37 AM
I think she just wants a "Dexter on Song". :p

Rutegard
01-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Like his Master's Thesis?

that would be lovely

What? Do you think that Dexter is a secret disciple of Jesus? Is there a secret gospel of Dexter that I don't know about?

i always thought he was a secret disciple of Jesus...why do you say that? is he not? :P

I think she just wants a "Dexter on Song". :p

well, basically. ok randy, u r starting to freak me out, do u read my mind or something? GOOD JOB!

wheelchairman
01-26-2009, 06:54 AM
I think when tizz goes to sleep I'm going to sneak over to her computer and move this thread to the polls section.

And maybe add a poll!

bighead384
01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I will be heard!

Omni
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Like, actually put some polls in it?

Bipolar Bear
01-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Like, actually put some polls in it?

The simplest answer is often the best.

ily2
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
how about best offspring sone ever, (i choose) denial revisited
pretty much the only one i like
cant forget spare me the details, worst hangover ever, and a few others.
(hes converting me -.-)

mhm, dex is the one converting you, not me.
its his sexi hypnotic voice:rolleyes:

ForkZ
02-03-2009, 08:25 PM
sexi hypnotic voice:rolleyes:

hell yes!!!
its always the voice
(usually)

holland25
02-04-2009, 07:42 AM
This thread had to be called Delete the ''Trolls''. There would be 25 new members since January 2008 then.

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
This thread had to be called Delete the ''Trolls''. There would be 25 new members since January 2008 then.

haven`t you ever been a newbie??

Bipolar Bear
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I think I speak for the 1337 when I say the following: every new member is an abject insult to these boards and should either become immediately aware of the rules by some supernatural instinct as soon as he/she joins the boards, as well as understand every inside joke, every custom around here, every post that's already been made, evident non-written rules (ex. calling the offspring "the 'spring" is an evident offense to everyone here), or else be ridiculed to a point where he's lead to commit actions worthy of a ban, where the excuse to get rid of him might arise and thus let the moderators do their job, that is, cleanse the forums of these subpar beings.

Omni
02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
People get disgusted with the new members because all of the old members are in their early to mid twenties now, and a lot of the new members are 14 and 15 years old. And they hijack every thread talking about dumb shit. of course most people stop doing this after awhile.

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 09:18 PM
well,chill out,there are some members (including me) that have a few time on the boards but a lot time as an Offspring fan,for example me,I`ve been a fan since the Americana era,and I was 8,but I barely joined the boards at the last year

wheelchairman
02-04-2009, 11:16 PM
We must preserve the polls section! Long live the polletariat!

IamSam
02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I think I speak for the 1337 when I say the following: every new member is an abject insult to these boards and should either become immediately aware of the rules by some supernatural instinct as soon as he/she joins the boards, as well as understand every inside joke, every custom around here, every post that's already been made, evident non-written rules (ex. calling the offspring "the 'spring" is an evident offense to everyone here), or else be ridiculed to a point where he's lead to commit actions worthy of a ban, where the excuse to get rid of him might arise and thus let the moderators do their job, that is, cleanse the forums of these subpar beings.

No.

People get disgusted with the new members because all of the old members are in their early to mid twenties now, and a lot of the new members are 14 and 15 years old. And they hijack every thread talking about dumb shit. of course most people stop doing this after awhile.
This. Megathis.

Thomas
02-04-2009, 11:30 PM

Can't you just give it a rest already?

wheelchairman
02-04-2009, 11:33 PM
All this faggy drama ruins the opportunities for perfectly good puns.

Fags.

Thomas
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
polletariat!

Fags.

Holy crap, I didn't even catch that. It was oh so very full of win.

jacknife737
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM

Oh god, i laughed an awkwardly long time at this.

holland25
02-05-2009, 06:00 AM
haven`t you ever been a newbie??

I was, but I wasn't that annoying. At least I think so.

Also, megawin for Per.

0r4ng3
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM

Fags.
Admit it, that section of the forums is just full of polltergeists.

Bipolar Bear
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Don't mess with the pollice

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Help help I'm being repressed, can't you see the violence inherent in the systemmmmm!!!!!

No one cares, least of all me. If a new member can't read the rules posted in every forum, they probably have bigger problems, you know, since the internets is a written medium.

WCM is the new spelling of "win".

bighead384
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm not really completely serious about this. But it would be nice if *something* was done with that section. Is there anything we can do about it?

I should be the new moderator of the Polls section!!!!!!!!

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I'll bring it up next time I talk to the powers that be. It would be nice to do something with it again. Maybe something's possible.

Bipolar Bear
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm not really completely serious about this. But it would be nice if *something* was done with that section. Is there anything we can do about it?

I should be the new moderator of the Polls section!!!!!!!!

Dude, are you kissing her ass to become a moderator or something? Is this what was going on lately?

No one cares, least of all me. If a new member can't read the rules posted in every forum, they probably have bigger problems, you know, since the internets is a written medium.

Way to ignore 90% of the issues raised by my post to focus on something as lame as "read the rules first". The rules aren't very specific, I honestly had no clue that robots pretending to hump each other was considered "NSFW" yet I got banned for it, and I'm pretty sure quoting others isn't mentioned as a bannable offense either, yet I got banned for "quoting a mod out of context". Where the fuck is this going? Of course, people don't care until this shit happens to them, but when they become the victim like me, they'll understand.

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
We've been over the reasons behind why you've been punished multiple times. If you still don't get it, I don't think there's anything more I can do. And like fuck he's becoming a mod, so don't worry. No offense, Bighead.

Bipolar Bear
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM
We've been over the reasons behind why you've been punished multiple times. If you still don't get it, I don't think there's anything more I can do. And like fuck he's becoming a mod, so don't worry. No offense, Bighead.

Why should I worry? Bighead is a good guy, I'd rather have him as a mod than a lot of other people. I didn't mean it was necessarily a bad idea, though I doubt kissing your ass will aid him at all.

IamSam
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Why should I worry? Bighead is a good guy, I'd rather have him as a mod than a lot of other people. I didn't mean it was necessarily a bad idea, though I doubt kissing your ass will aid him at all.

The "other people" he's referring to is probably me.

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM

It's okay Bipolar, I hate him too! :D

Bipolar Bear
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM

Not exactly, although if I was given the choice between you and bighead I'd probably take him. By the way, are you aspiring to become a moderator too, Sam? I'm not sure why but I sometimes get that impression from some people.

If I was a moderator I'd make a big devious plan to make the system crash. I'd make the public become so pissed with the mods due to our bad work that moderators would slowly become more and more criticized until they get abolished. Oh wait, this is already happening.
Just kidding..kind of. Well, let's say that some mods are lamer than others.

Bipolar Bear
02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
If I was a moderator I'd make a big devious plan to make the system crash. I'd make the public become so pissed with the mods due to our bad work that moderators would slowly become more and more criticized until they get abolished.

That paragraph should probably convince people to make me a moderator...:confused:

IamSam
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Not exactly, although if I was given the choice between you and bighead I'd probably take him. By the way, are you aspiring to become a moderator too, Sam? I'm not sure why but I sometimes get that impression from some people.

Not really. I don't really care to be honest...I've been a mod on another site before so it wouldn't be new.

It's okay Bipolar, I hate him too!

You're just jealous I can get away with murder...

bighead384
02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Dude, are you kissing her ass to become a moderator or something? Is this what was going on lately?

The Polls sections needs a leader that will give it's visitors hope. And change...change that they can believe in.

IamSam on the other hand, voted in favor of a rule that allows moderators to instantly and permanently ban members on the spot
IamSam thinks stricter rules and punishments are the answer to fighting rule violations
IamSam voted to raise your, uh...your TAXES 12 times

IamSam: Wrong on taxes, wrong on crime, wrong on bans...

Wrong for the BBS.

jacknife737
02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
IamSam on the other hand, voted in favor of a rule that allows moderators to instantly and permanently ban members on the spot
IamSam thinks stricter rules and punishments are the answer to fighting rule violations

He's got my vote.

bighead384
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
The 1337 secretly provides funding to train power-hungry and authoritarian mods, just like they're doing with IamSam right now. As moderator, I promise to fight to put an end to cheap politics like this. I promise to challenge the "anti-newbie" sentiment that has become so pervasive among the powers that be.

I have a dream that one day, members will be judged by the content of their posts, rather than the number of their post count.

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
The 1337 secretly...

It's not a secret. Our clandestine meetings to decide what to do next to make the forums a no-fun place to be (especially for you and Bipolar), however, are. This whole Polls forum to-do was engineered specifically by us to make you create a thread like this one. Where is your god now?

Oh shit, did I say that out loud?

IamSam
02-05-2009, 11:53 PM
The Polls sections needs a leader that will give it's visitors hope. And change...change that they can believe in.

IamSam voted to raise your, uh...your TAXES 12 times

IamSam: Wrong on taxes, wrong on crime, wrong on bans...

Wrong for the BBS.

My advertising is prettier. And if features the word "progress." People are suckers for progress.
http://timpj5.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/communist-party-poster.jpg

Bipolar Bear
02-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Go bighead go!
I'm voting for you [oh wait, there are no elections in a dictatorship..]

ForkZ
02-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Where is your god now?

in huntington beach

Cock Joke
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
in huntington beach

Awesome!!! \m/

Bipolar Bear
02-06-2009, 08:42 PM
People are suckers for progress.

Or the word "change" [ex. Obama's whole campaign..]

ad8
02-07-2009, 01:54 AM
My advertising is prettier. And if features the word "progress." People are suckers for progress.
http://timpj5.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/communist-party-poster.jpg

Awwww COMMUNISTS! We need someone to defend this good old american BBS for it won't become a place for soviets and so on(!)
Therefore VOTE AD8!!! Germans know how to handle this situation!

:D