PDA

View Full Version : Create an online label!

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
People, why do you think of creating an online label to help out all the bands here on OFFSPRING FORUM to have their music on emusic, itunes etc.
Not requires much money at all.
I have some experience.
It's not about making money. It's about not loosing it and help this guys out.

Say something!

randman21
01-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Alright! Let's do this!

ad8
01-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, we could at least try:D Who'd be in?

Superdope
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
So how would this happen?

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 10:43 AM
We would create an elabel. We could set up a myspace page to promote "our" bands in internet. We could do some promotion in other boards/websites we know. I know how to put music in ITUNES/EMUSIC/ETC. I did it with my last e-label, MSP, with a malaysian band. He did delivered a physical album with a portuguese band, THE ASTER.

I think that's a good idea.
Our major goal will be to take care of promotion.

People really interested please PM me. Dexter do you want to join? :D

_Lost_
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
This sounds like a really cool idea. ...

Well it looks like I'm going to have to work on writing some new songs.

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I really believe in this. But I don't want to do this by myself. I want people that wants to be part and to "work" (I don't think this is work).
It will require really few money.

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
This sounds like a really cool idea. ...

Well it looks like I'm going to have to work on writing some new songs.

I can do some lyrics. I like to write lyrics.

ad8
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I really believe in this. But I don't want to do this by myself. I want people that wants to be part and to "work" (I don't think this is work).
It will require really few money.

What kind of "work" will this be?

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Initial WOrk: Creating a logo, Creating a myspace, Add friends to myspace account, Choose first bands to be represented.

randman21
01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm in.....

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, as we're waiting for more people, start thinking in the name of this shit! I have no idea yet.

Well, by the way, I'm Joao from Portugal. THanks for joining this adventure!

randman21
01-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Heh, that's a pretty cool name, dude. For a sec, I was thinking your name was Ron Welty. I'm Randy from the United States (North Carolina).

I have a list of possible band names. Let me dig it out and see if any of them fit for a label.:D

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Our point is to help bands from BBS users.
What do you think of this name for the label : "OFFSPRING BBS RECORDS"

randman21
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Hehe, I think it's a bit too straightforward, and doesn't really "ring". I will let others give their opinions, though. I'd be willing to use it if I were outvoted.

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36125 this guys seem good.

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35261 fuckin good!

Stylie
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Initial WOrk: Creating a logo, Creating a myspace, Add friends to myspace account, Choose first bands to be represented.

I could may work on the logo, design?

And this sounds like a interesting idea.
Haven't done this before, but gonna be fun to see how this will work and go. I'm Ståle from Norway, btw. ^^

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 03:54 PM
yes you can.
It will be your "job" :)

Thanks for joining!

Stylie
01-23-2009, 04:07 PM
yes you can.
It will be your "job" :)

Thanks for joining!

Thanks, and no problemo, this seems interesting. ^^
So you done this a bit before? 'Caus I really have no idea, hehah..

But wait...hm. I don't have photoshop or anything on this computer, so I probably can't do the "finish" work. But I can draw something and see if I get some ideas? though we really should get a name first. :D

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks, and no problemo, this seems interesting. ^^
So you done this a bit before? 'Caus I really have no idea, hehah..

But wait...hm. I don't have photoshop or anything on this computer, so I probably can't do the "finish" work. But I can draw something and see if I get some ideas? though we really should get a name first. :D

I done this before yeah... check : http://www.myspace.com/theaster (was a band from my last label).

Well, first name, then we check other things. We have to find a team! And also a rooster.

Ryder1234
01-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I'm in for this. Stylie, would it be ok with you if I also made a logo once we get a name?

EDIT: "Protocol Records" is a cool name I think. There's an Offspring reference there too (Protocol = All I want).

RonWelty
01-23-2009, 07:25 PM
NICE! people wants to take part of this!

randman21
01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Alrighty, I have a few ideas for names:

Litmus Records
Tungsten Records
Tattler Records
Mystery Meat Records
New Math Records

By the way, I love Protocol, Kev.

Ryder1234
01-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm liking Tungsten Records. And thanks.

One of the reasons I suggested Protocol is because it's my tag, so I wouldn't have to put effort into making a logo for it if it was chosen. This is the tag:

http://offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=158&pictureid=2452

Of course, it was done in MS Paint so it's pretty bad. It's easier to draw irl lol.

ad8
01-24-2009, 04:29 AM
All right, I'm in. My name suggestion would be something like:
-International Rock Revolution Records
-Rock Bottom Records(Offspring reference:D)
...maybe I'll get some more ideas soon.

PS: We HAVE to sign Static Martyr before Nitro does!:D

PPS: I could draw logos, too.

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Protocol seems cool.
Don't forget please, that we're a project to help bands from BBS not a official Record label, as it would envolve a high sum of money.

So I believe Protocol Records would be a great name. Can we stick with it?

P.S: PEOPLE that joined this please add me on MSN.

NEXT STEP: LOGO and MYSPACE ACCOUNT, as soon we decide our brand's name.

P.S. 2 : I'm really in love with that australian band I posted before...They're really good. It would be a huge turn on for us to have them.

Rooster
01-24-2009, 05:21 AM
This sounds interesting...

I have a band, but we have no real demo yet (hopefully we'll record a demo this year. For now the only thing we've recorded is in self-destruction thread). But i'll ask other members of the band if they're interested in this too.

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm really hooked on this band: http://www.myspace.com/holdenavenue.

Ryder1234
01-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Hah, two hours after I first posted in this thread I got a call from a friend about joining his band. Although I'll be playing bass, not guitar.

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 09:54 AM
People, I brought to life again my older label with a mate , so it would be our "subsidiary" in portugal to promote us there.

Stylie
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
I done this before yeah... check : http://www.myspace.com/theaster (was a band from my last label).

Well, first name, then we check other things. We have to find a team! And also a rooster.

That is some good shit, dude. ^^

Yeah, I'm in for this. Stylie, would it be ok with you if I also made a logo once we get a name?

EDIT: "Protocol Records" is a cool name I think. There's an Offspring reference there too (Protocol = All I want).
Yeye, of course! Let's just make something out of ideas, and then post it here.
And Protocol is a cool name. Don't know exactly what it means, but it's cool. ;p Randy got some good ones to though, but I really like Protocol Records. Maybe The Protocol Records?

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Protocol Records is the one for me.

randman21
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree.

And did you get my MSN request, Joao?

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree.

And did you get my MSN request, Joao?

yes. I did added you

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
we have to make "Holden Avenue" join us. "cut the rope" is so into my head.

drummerbecca
01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I'd definitely be interested in getting involved. Not exactly sure what I could do though... Any ideas?

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
You just have to love music, have to do some promotional time in internet some time when required, know that sometime we may need to ask you to give something like +-5 and be ready to give new and fresh ideas to our adventure :D.

Russel
01-25-2009, 04:02 AM
we have to make "Holden Avenue" join us. "cut the rope" is so into my head.

that won't be too difficult ;) let's just wait for the situation to clarify

as for the ideas for promoting the e-label and involed bands, I'd suggest posting threads about them on as many music-related bbs's as possible in as many countries as possible. Introducing protocol records to members of this bbs would also be a good idea, the more people know, the more can give a helping hand. That can be tough because not many users go into Your Band section. Maybe some kind of collaboration with admins could help?

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 04:58 AM
that won't be too difficult ;) let's just wait for the situation to clarify

as for the ideas for promoting the e-label and involed bands, I'd suggest posting threads about them on as many music-related bbs's as possible in as many countries as possible. Introducing protocol records to members of this bbs would also be a good idea, the more people know, the more can give a helping hand. That can be tough because not many users go into Your Band section. Maybe some kind of collaboration with admins could help?

Yes but believe too many people kills good but little ideas. And as we're from different countries even worse. For the start I believe that just the people that usually goes to "YOUR BAND" section is the best to do this, because as we aim to help bands from OFFSPRING BOARDS, they know better the material we have.

About promotion, you're right. But I was planning to do that.
About your band, dudes with some hard-work you're gonna be huge. I predict if you join us that someday Epitaph or Nitro will steal you from us :D.

Russel
01-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Yes but believe too many people kills good but little ideas. And as we're from different countries even worse. For the start I believe that just the people that usually goes to "YOUR BAND" section is the best to do this, because as we aim to help bands from OFFSPRING BOARDS, they know better the material we have.

ok, I guess you're right about this. However, promoting the label inside the offspring bbs just to let people know that it exists wouldn't harm the idea itself, it could be done just for the sake of gathering more potential fans of the bands involved. I think it's a good place to start with.

About promotion, you're right. But I was planning to do that.
About your band, dudes with some hard-work you're gonna be huge. I predict if you join us that someday Epitaph or Nitro will steal you from us :D.

'hard work' is our second name - today the 'Protocol', tommorow 'Epitaph' :D :D

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 05:39 AM
ok, I guess you're right about this. However, promoting the label inside the offspring bbs just to let people know that it exists wouldn't harm the idea itself, it could be done just for the sake of gathering more potential fans of the bands involved. I think it's a good place to start with.

'hard work' is our second name - today the 'Protocol', tommorow 'Epitaph' :D :D

Yes, we will promote. But we can't promote yet something that's still on ground. We have to take off safely, when we reach V2 then we announce it here.

Dexter do you want to join? I will let you be our chairman.

ad8
01-25-2009, 09:40 AM
So... where are we now? Maybe it would be good to list the things that have to be done.

-Name: Protocol Records
-Logo: no decisions yet
-Myspace: not yet
-List Of Bands: Well, that's another point. How many bands do we want to promote? I think it would be best to have a few bands that get much help than many bands that don't get a good support. Thoughts on this?

Be sure to mention things that jump to your mind when you think about what to do now(during step 1).

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
So... where are we now? Maybe it would be good to list the things that have to be done.

-Name: Protocol Records
-Logo: no decisions yet
-Myspace: not yet
-List Of Bands: Well, that's another point. How many bands do we want to promote? I think it would be best to have a few bands that get much help than many bands that don't get a good support. Thoughts on this?

Be sure to mention things that jump to your mind when you think about what to do now(during step 1).
As we lack a logo we can't start our myspace.
List of bands: Well, of what i searched so far, Holden Avenue is a MUST HAVE. I will search a lot more but by the end of this week we have to have our logo and a full list of bands we like so we can start "negotiations".
PROTOCOL RECORDS is just a motherfucking great name.

ad8
01-25-2009, 01:25 PM
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/Ricetigers/protocolsmallKopie.jpg
What do you think of this idea?
(I guess that's not very creative, but whatever)

randman21
01-25-2009, 03:29 PM
What about the thing that Ryder drew? I thought it was excellent.

Llamas
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd be in on this (sorry I didn't read this thread til now), but I definitely don't have time to do any promoting or get super involved... I wouldn't be able to guarantee much beyond contributing music/being "on" the label, and if money is necessary, I could help with that. I'm also not good at/interested in the marketing aspect of music, so I'd probably suck at it anyway, haha.

Anteyy
01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.laryson.anv.pl/protocol_records2.jpg

_Lost_
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Protocol Records is a really cool name!

This is a really great idea Joao!

.Change the World.
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey my names Tyler and im a solo artist from Australia. I already have a distributor for my music however i would be interested in joining this elabel.

I have an album that is going to be coming out in the next couple of months, so extra promotion for that would be cool.

My older music can be found on my myspace plus some clips of me in the studio working on the new material

www.myspace.com/tylerkeffordmusic

This is my original post in the "your band" forum
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33303

ad8
01-26-2009, 06:57 AM
http://www.laryson.anv.pl/protocol_records2.jpg
That was one of the most contributing first posts I've ever seen. I'm impressed:)
And for the logo, did you draw that? It looks nice.

RonWelty
01-27-2009, 08:19 AM
I love that LOGO. Can we stick with it? Can we go on?

Thanks!

ad8
01-27-2009, 10:40 AM
In my opinion, we can. Maybe you already start the myspace account and then we decide about bands to join?

RonWelty
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
I will do it this weekend. Please all the people really interested in this project contact me.