PDA

View Full Version : The Most Important Band In The World?

RageAndLov
01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Which band do you think is the most important band in the world and why?

I think The Beatles is the most important because they made music that everyone is inspired by, knowingly or unknowingly. They set the standard for all future pop and rock music! They even made the very first heavy metal song ever!

RonWelty
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
The Offspring. At least they are to me.

Cock Joke
01-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Yea. I'm gonna say The Offspring.

Alex101
01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
The Offspring, for sure, is one of the most important bands in the world. So are Bad Religion, Rancid, Pennywise, NOFX and many others I could think of.

Thomas
01-24-2009, 08:05 PM
If you are talking about influence and fame, then you'd be kinda dumb to say The Offspring. Maybe to you, personally, but definitely not to the world.

If this thread is meant to be to just you, personally, then this might as well be "What's your favorite band?"

I'd say Elvis, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin just about tie for most important, Led Zeppelin probably the least important of the three. They did stuff that no one else was doing and these three artists are the three top selling artists of all time.

Llamas
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
If we're talking solely about BANDS, then Elvis doesn't count :P If we're talking about all musicians, I would say that classical composers such as AW Mozart, LV Beethovan, S Bach, etc would be the most important, because they basically established how music works, how it's written, what order chords can go in, etc. Bands like the Beatles never would have existed without the classical era.

Thomas
01-24-2009, 08:23 PM
If we're talking solely about BANDS, then Elvis doesn't count :P If we're talking about all musicians, I would say that classical composers such as AW Mozart, LV Beethovan, S Bach, etc would be the most important, because they basically established how music works, how it's written, what order chords can go in, etc. Bands like the Beatles never would have existed without the classical era.

Well, all the famous classical composers would be nothing if early Africans hadn't decided to strap a goat skin to a log and make a drum, so those guys are actually the most important. :P

On a more serious note, though, Gene Krupa needs to be mentioned for creating the first "modern" drum kit. Without him, music would have been VERY different today.

Llamas
01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, all the famous classical composers would be nothing if early Africans hadn't decided to strap a goat skin to a log and make a drum, so those guys are actually the most important. :P

On a more serious note, though, Gene Krupa needs to be mentioned for creating the first "modern" drum kit. Without him, music would have been VERY different today.

haha yeah but those guys never made names for themselves or actually wrote music that was heard over the world. If you really dig into the history of music, it's impossible to give credit to anyone for inventing anything or being the most important.

T-6005
01-24-2009, 10:50 PM
No, I really think it is The Offspring.

jacknife737
01-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Meh, i don't really care to tell you the truth. I'm sure it's something like the Beatles, or some composer, but i can't stand listening to the Beatles. I don't really see what's so special about their music. I only care about my personal evolution of music appreciation.

Bands like The Offspring, Against Me!, Might Mighty Bosstones mean far more to me, then the Beatles ever will.

Offspring-Junkie
01-25-2009, 03:20 AM
I'd say the Beatles. Well, my taste of music changed, but they're still the most influential.

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 06:58 AM
If you are talking about influence and fame, then you'd be kinda dumb to say The Offspring. Maybe to you, personally, but definitely not to the world.

If this thread is meant to be to just you, personally, then this might as well be "What's your favorite band?"

I'd say Elvis, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin just about tie for most important, Led Zeppelin probably the least important of the three. They did stuff that no one else was doing and these three artists are the three top selling artists of all time.

Oh sorry. In that case, playing with your rules, I will have to say that the most important to the world is The Offspring. Thanks.

RageAndLov
01-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I ment the band that is the most influential in the world, without considering your favourite bands or your most influnetial bands :)

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 07:18 AM
I ment the band that is the most influential in the world, without considering your favourite bands or your most influnetial bands :)

Pink Floyd. But they are too far away from being so great as THE OFFSPRING are.

Sofinch
01-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Don't kill me but I say Queen

T-6005
01-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Don't kill me but I say Queen

Don't kill me?!?

What the fuck?

Sofinch
01-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Don't kill me?!?

What the fuck?

okay than, kill me

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-25-2009, 10:20 AM
To me, definitely The Offspring. And to the rock world, probably The Beatles, or the Jimi Hendrix experience, or Metallica, or Nirvana