PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring to play in SXSW 2009?!

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Folks I can't show my sources(sorry) but I've been told that they will be playing this fest in Austin in March. Believe or not I dunno. But I trust who told me this.

chriiis
01-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Folks I can't show my sources(sorry) but I've been told that they will be playing this fest in Austin in March. Believe or not I dunno. But I trust who told me this.

Where you got this info?

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry, but I can't tell. It's up to you to believe it or not and wait for some official tour list. :) Sorry.

YODAvid
01-25-2009, 07:30 AM

wow you must be important.

BUT, since you want us to ask and feel even more important: Who is your source?pleassse tell us so we know

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 08:07 AM
wow you must be important.

BUT, since you want us to ask and feel even more important: Who is your source?pleassse tell us so we know

a) I'm not important
b) I do not want you to ask me and I will not tell you, because I don't know for sure if it is true.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Well, if they are, no one has announced it officially yet. The only source I would trust is the band.

Running list of confirmed bands: http://www.hearya.com/sxsw-2009-band-list/

Oxygene
01-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Well, if they are, no one has announced it officially yet. The only source I would trust is the band.

Running list of confirmed bands: http://www.hearya.com/sxsw-2009-band-list/

+management
+booking agent

Although I don't think they would reveal stuff like that.. on the other hand they kinda did to Zee about the Berlin gig so who knows :)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
01-25-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm not important
Yes you are

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2009, 09:27 AM
+management
+booking agent

Yes. Though I consider those two kind of extensions of the band since everything likely has to be approved by them first.

Although I don't think they would reveal stuff like that.. on the other hand they kinda did to Zee about the Berlin gig so who knows :)

The Berlin gig was a secret?

RonWelty
01-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes you are

Thanks very much!

People, Don't hit me. I just told you what someone said to me. Someone I trust. Let's wait. I just thought you would like to know.

cool 2 hate 681
01-25-2009, 11:29 AM
another show in texas they must have liked the shows they did there from last year

Zee
01-25-2009, 11:29 AM

Nope. About 10,000 people attended. :D

Anyway, I trust at RonWelty's discernment. You must know who to trust and who not. If it's not true, shame on you, heh.

What I'm afraid about is the European tour dates. Will there be headlining RFRG Euro tour at all...

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I just wish more people would give the band a chance to announce good news. When everyone seeks it out all the time by e-mailing people, it kinda steals their thunder, you know?

Oxygene
01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

No but they did tell him no more main land shows, which is kind of strange. I mean the fact that they just told him.

RonWelty
01-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Nope. About 10,000 people attended. :D

Anyway, I trust at RonWelty's discernment. You must know who to trust and who not. If it's not true, shame on you, heh.

What I'm afraid about is the European tour dates. Will there be headlining RFRG Euro tour at all...
I'm sorry if it turns out to not be the true, but NOT my fault.

Dexter Holland
02-25-2009, 01:12 AM
SXSW? Love the place. Too much good music! But too few porta potties.

No, we won't be playing there this year.

We will be announcing a US tour soon, though.

Beheaded
02-25-2009, 02:08 AM
:eek:
Wow. I mean.....is it really Dexter? Just 5 posts?:( :P
What about Germany this spring? Can't wait to see you as soon as possible. Love you guys. 8)

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 03:26 AM
:eek:
Wow. I mean.....is it really Dexter? Just 5 posts?:( :P
What about Germany this spring? Can't wait to see you as soon as possible. Love you guys. 8)

dude, he said a US tour soon (so it comes first), and later i hope he will announce an european tour too :)

RonWelty
02-25-2009, 03:31 AM

So, You will be there promoting GRINGO BANDITO. Don't lie to me!
Special Hug for Mr. Holland

MAXTER
02-25-2009, 03:47 AM
I'll Hope They Come To Play To Italy! :)

Budzy
02-25-2009, 04:20 AM

HOLY CRAP! He does watch over these boards...
That is so awesome, and great news! Even though I'm not in the US, good to see they are going to start touring again soon.

Little_Miss_1565
02-25-2009, 06:40 AM

Holy shit! Thanks, Dexter! AWESOME NEWS!!

I can't wait to see you guys on tour. But dude, everyone knows you can just pee on 6th St. at SXSW! ;)

Polish
02-25-2009, 08:10 AM

It would be cool if you guys played some smaller shows like the house of blues in Anaheim.

Little_Miss_1565
02-25-2009, 08:38 AM
It would be cool if you guys played some smaller shows like the house of blues in Anaheim.

Didn't they just play a teeny tiny show in Anaheim or thereabouts? :)

I'm fine with wherever the band plays, I'm so excited for them to tour!

Gustavo
02-25-2009, 09:17 AM

Hey Dexter, thanks for letting us know.
I'm glad you took a little bit of your times to answer this question.
I hope you guys have an awesome tour this year!

Cock Joke
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! Take care!

Free?
02-25-2009, 11:40 AM

I felt obligated to quote this epic post as well.

Camilamazed
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Holy Crap!

I always miss the good stuff when I am away..

*punches herself in the head*

Thanks gustavo, once Again..

AND DEXTER WOULD YOU PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE DAMN DATES BEFORE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO BRAZIL? kthanxbye.

m.offspring.r
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
ehehehe, Joke of carnival.

Stylie
02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
US tour dates soon, alright! Great news, thanks Dexter.
Can't wait 'til the European dates, I got a big hope for Norway or Sweden!

RonWelty
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM

It is just ME or Dexter made a mistake in "a US tour". The Right way is "an US tour" right?

Bipolar Bear
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
It is just ME or Dexter made a mistake in "a US tour". The Right way is "an US tour" right?

No. Before acronyms "a" is used regardless of whether the following letter is a vowel or not.

KHWHD
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM

BPB is right, it's a not an.

And Dexter is never wrong - he's God don'tchaknow? ;)

Bipolar Bear
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
And Dexter is never wrong - he's God don'tchaknow? ;)

Yeah. Or some type of magic leprechaun or something.

RonWelty
02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
No. Before acronyms "a" is used regardless of whether the following letter is a vowel or not.

Thanks. I didn't know.

Sorry Comrade Dexter.

jacknife737
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Thank's for the update Dexter! I certainly hope you throw in a couple dates in Canuckastan during the upcoming tour!

Free?
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
My diagnosis.
RonWelty has an unhealthy obsession with Dexter, but unlike onehundredpunks' unhealthy obsession with Axl Rose, he's nitpicking too much.

RonWelty
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
My diagnosis.
RonWelty has an unhealthy obsession with Dexter, but unlike onehundredpunks' unhealthy obsession with Axl Rose, he's nitpicking too much.

That's why you aren't a doctor. Bad diagnosis.

But one point is true: There are plenty of people here to say that he is "the greatest man that ever lived". So I believe it's my duty to represent the other side, to give some light to this pretty rpg that is our beloved forum. I'm the Dark Side. I'm the Jon Stewart of this BBS. I'm God.

Amen.

_Lost_
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm crossing everything that can be crossed for a stop in NC thats not the first two weeks of june.

the first week of june i would like you guys to be in NYC and the second week of june, the tour needs to stop in either the twin cities or near the canada/MN border... or both that week. i'd be good with that.

Little_Miss_1565
02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
AND DEXTER WOULD YOU PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE DAMN DATES BEFORE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO BRAZIL? kthanxbye.

Hey Camila, when are you going back to Brazil?

hshduppsnt
02-26-2009, 12:12 AM
I feel compelled to also thank Dexter for stepping in and responding! Watching over or not it is always nice
to see you guys post on here again :)
(Also Now I don't need to go to Austin for a long period of time... was actually considering going earlier because I have to go there a week later anyway)...

I have a few trips I have to make for school, I sure hope the tour doesn't end up conflicting! :)

And to the poster earlier asking about smaller shows (I'm choosing to be lazy and not go back look and quote) they did play a small club show in Anaheim last August.

and it was freakin epic and awesome!

IamSam
02-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks Dexter for clearing this up!

Gustavo
02-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey Camila, when are you going back to Brazil?

Yeah, good question. We totally should do a meetup next year in São Paulo, I'll be 18 by then. And I'm totally willing to go to São Paulo for that! :)
All of you are invited!! Specially Dexter. :cool:

cool 2 hate 681
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks Dexter for clearing this up!

yes i 2nd this can't wait to hear some of those us tour dates

Polish
03-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Didn't they just play a teeny tiny show in Anaheim or thereabouts? :)

I'm fine with wherever the band plays, I'm so excited for them to tour!

Yeah, and I went to that. It was a fantastic show, but it only happened because it was a myspace secret show promotion. I doubt they would have ever done it by themselves just for the heck of it. It sucks because it seems like the offspring only play huge "fest" shows or large venue/stadium shows anymore because thats what will net them the most money. It would really be neat to see them play the smaller shows again on their own dime.

Speaking of that super small show in Anaheim, Dexter blew me off when I tried to get him to sign my 1986 I'll be waiting single. I was so pissed I just chucked it in the back of one of their huge equipment trucks. :D I don't really care. I have two more which I'm about to sell on ebay. :p

Little_Miss_1565
03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah, and I went to that. It was a fantastic show, but it only happened because it was a myspace secret show promotion. I doubt they would have ever done it by themselves just for the heck of it. It sucks because it seems like the offspring only play huge "fest" shows or large venue/stadium shows anymore because thats what will net them the most money. It would really be neat to see them play the smaller shows again on their own dime.

You realize that the Offspring have sold millions of records, right? And they had a #1 single for like a bazillion weeks? When a band gets to a certain level, it becomes nearly impossible to play small club shows anymore, which makes it all the more special when they do. It's not just about what the band gets paid, because shows that big also cost a ton to put on. It's also about ticket demand. Can you imagine if they announced their US tour and it was only 100-300 person clubs? Each city's one chance to see them on this tour, and they're 90% likely to get left out of the cold. You got to see something that few people did, and that's really cool. But a lot of people got left out of that show. You get where I'm going with this?

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-02-2009, 11:54 AM
You realize that the Offspring have sold millions of records, right? And they had a #1 single for like a bazillion weeks? When a band gets to a certain level, it becomes nearly impossible to play small club shows anymore, which makes it all the more special when they do. It's not just about what the band gets paid, because shows that big also cost a ton to put on. It's also about ticket demand. Can you imagine if they announced their US tour and it was only 100-300 person clubs? Each city's one chance to see them on this tour, and they're 90% likely to get left out of the cold. You got to see something that few people did, and that's really cool. But a lot of people got left out of that show. You get where I'm going with this?

I totally agree. No matter who/what made that Anaheim show happen, it was great to see such the band in a small venue, in Orange County no less.

and if it were a 100-300 person club, that makes it even more likely that even you, Polish, would get snubbed from attending.

Lord_Gabo
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Dex Holland wrote in this thread. Now... Me too! :D

RonWelty
03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I searched in websites of all the theatre's they played in the past years and I didn't found any date to them, so they really hold of being released that info.