PDA

View Full Version : What should the fourth single be?

bighead384
01-25-2009, 06:42 PM
If there is a fourth single from RAFRAG, which song should it be?

Tyler Durden
01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
A Lot Like Me would most likely gain the most commercial appeal. Either that or Half-Truism.

randman21
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
I'd most rather see A Lot Like Me, but in the interest of success, I want Nothingtow!

Thomas
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
A Lot Like Me.

I'm thoroughly disappointed that it hasn't been made a single yet.

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't care if it's a single at all. I just want a video.

Alex101
01-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I want "Stuff Is Messed Up" to be the next one, since KROQ briefly played it last year.

bighead384
01-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I've always wondered if the vocals in the chorus of A Lot Like Me are too whiny. The melody is excellent, but the way he sings it might make it into something that only people who are already fans can get in to. I could be wrong though, I'm honestly not sure.

jacknife737
01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Stuff Is Messed Up, quite simply because it's the most memorable. I'm not claiming that it's the best track on the album (it isn't); but out of the remaining tracks, it has the most potential to be an attention grabber (which is what the album needs). Half-Truism and A Lot Like Me are good songs, but i fear they would get lost between tracks in modern alt rock radio. Personally i'd also think it would be neat if they chose Nothingtown, just because i feel they could make a cool video for it.

Cock Joke
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Hard decision. I'm leaning towards Half-Truism, but part of me wants Rock Bottom or Like Me. I'll vote once I've decided.

IamSam
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I think the only logical one would be Nothingtown. I have a brilliant idea for the music video if they were to do it.

Why is it logical?

The only word to blank out is 'shitty,' it has a nice bounce to it, and (as the reputable jacknife stated) it would be easy to make a music video to.

If they picked Stuff is Messed Up, I wouldn't complain. I think it would be cool to do a music video of them performing the song (Dexter gets no guitar so he can be himself) surrounded by big tvs showing all the Stuff that is Messed Up.

Iwishitallaway
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM
"Stuff is Messed Up" with the real lyrics being "shit is fucked up!" cannot be a single! The censors massacre it and it loses it's power. I agree, it's a great song, but it's not for radio play. We already witnessed that with it's release on KROQ, replacing the lyrics with "stuff is messed up" it just loses it's rage and it didn't go real far KROQ. My vote was for "Trust in You".

Thomas
01-25-2009, 09:10 PM
The song was titled "Stuff is Messed Up" for a reason. I can't picture The Offspring censoring the title of one of their songs for the sake of censorship. I think the title is mocking the censorship and political correctness wave that is going around.

IamSam
01-25-2009, 09:17 PM
The song was titled "Stuff is Messed Up" for a reason. I can't picture The Offspring censoring the title of one of their songs for the sake of censorship. I think the title is mocking the censorship and political correctness wave that is going around.

Somewhat tongue in cheek.

Iwishitallaway
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM

I completely agree and I get the point, which the lyrics back-up, but again, it is still destroyed in radio play and loses it's point.

Thomas
01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I dunno. I'd think that the censorship on the radio would even further enhance the meaning of the song. Like, what the song talks about is shown in action, as you are listening to it! Kinda cool, no?

randman21
01-26-2009, 01:00 AM
I agree that SIMU would make a good single, but I'd be so turned off if they changed that part to "Stuff is messed up!" I'd rather them just censor it by doing that reverse effect thing.

IamSam
01-26-2009, 01:02 AM
I think the censorship would ruin it yet make the song ungodly popular to those that haven't already heard it.

jacknife737
01-26-2009, 01:03 AM
I think the censorship would ruin it yet make the song ungodly popular to those that haven't already heard it.

Yeah, i think the mass censorship may lead to the appeal of the song; people would most certainly take notice.

IamSam
01-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah, i think the mass censorship may lead to the appeal of the song; people would most certainly take notice.

What's fucked up and everything's alright

I remember middle schoolers to high schoolers thinking that this lyric was amazing. Now imagine those same youths hearing Shit is Fucked Up.

summer_guy
01-26-2009, 02:32 AM
nothingtown of course

Hypodermic_89
01-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Half-Truism definately. Such an epic song and it should have an epic music video.

dff_punk
01-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Nothingtown is a personal favorite, but Stuff Is Messed Up will gain more media appeal.

Tomasisko
01-26-2009, 04:08 AM
I like Takes Me Nowhere

RageAndLov
01-26-2009, 05:17 AM
It would be cool with a video of SIMU! When Dexter sings that list of things that are fucked up, the video could have shown a flash of everything, and that would've been so awesome!

bighead384
01-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm guessing they had KROQ play SIMU for little while to test it out and see how people react. If I remember correctly, it made their top five countdown a few times, which is cool. I guess the band and the label are asking the same questions we are regarding SIMU being successful, which is why they decided to release it to limited play for a little while there.

Cock Joke
01-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Yup! Half-Truism it is!

holland25
01-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Nothingtown. It's catchy as hell. Stuff Is Messed Up would sound awesome censored though.

dr.vanessa
01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I want Half-Truism.

medi01
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
trust in you...for its sheer awesomeness

mrs_hollandova
01-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Poor Fix you!!!

Itīs a good song, but my choice is Rise and fall.

Rutegard
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
i voted for ...takes me nowhere

Blitzkrieg Bop
01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I voted for SIMU ... but if not, Half-Truism is a close second

randman21
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
No, dammit! Nothingtown! Haha, it took an early lead, but it's nowhere near the top now.

Cock Joke
01-26-2009, 12:22 PM
FUC HT was winning now SIMU's in the elas.

Wait...why am I mad? I like that son

randman21
01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
FUC HT was winning now SIMU's in the elas.

Wait...why am I mad? I like that son
Haha, what the heck is up with you lately?

Rutegard
01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
No, dammit! Nothingtown! Haha, it took an early lead, but it's nowhere near the top now.

and you call THAT near the top? lol

randman21
01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Haha, no. When the topic first started, it had the most votes. Now it's getting buried by the majority of the others. :S

dr.vanessa
01-26-2009, 12:48 PM
When the topic first started, it had the most votes. Now it's getting buried by the majority of the others. :S

wow that was poetic LOL:D

KHWHD
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Nothingtown without a doubt. ;)

Cock Joke
01-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Haha, what the heck is up with you lately?

My keyboard's like microscopic so I just stopped trying. :p

Oxygene
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
half truism because trupunx

Pablo_Asturias
01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
It's hard to choose between Half-Truism and Stuff is messed up.

My vote goes to Half-Truism

KHWHD
01-26-2009, 02:59 PM
It's funny seeing how many more votes Half Truism has compared to Trust In You.

I had a poll asking people a while ago which one they liked better, and if memory serves me correct - Trust In You did better.

Personally I like Half Truism better.

jacknife737
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM

I had a poll asking people a while ago which one they liked better, and if memory serves me correct - Trust In You did better.

Some songs seem better suited to be singles. For example, on Americana, I prefer Have You Ever over Pretty Fly, yet obviously Pretty Fly would be the better choice for a single.

randman21
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
My keyboard's like microscopic so I just stopped trying. :p
Hahaha, I kinda figured it was something like that.

Smash_Returns
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Half-Truism, just cause it wouldn't be destroyed by edits, and is an EPIC song.

However, if theres a 4th AND 5th singal SIMU and Half-Truism. The thing is, half the songs on this album hold the potential to be moderately successful singles.

But, SIMU might also be able to use the editing to help its success. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what they're saying. It might hold most of its success BECAUSE of the vulgarity and edits. (The song Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry ring a bell?)

Rutegard
01-27-2009, 02:58 AM

Personally I like Half Truism better.

it was a tight fight if i remember right lol but keep in mind that you asked us which one we prefer, not which one we would like to see coming out as a single...there's a slight dfference

SIMU would be a great single, im just afraid of the censorship

randman21
01-27-2009, 03:01 AM
SIMU would be a great single, im just afraid of the censorship
Don't be afraid. Embrace the censorship. Hehe, I honestly think it would draw people in.

Oxygene
01-27-2009, 03:09 AM
I personally don't think trust in you would be a wise choice over half truism. I think half truism is one of those mega mega mega awesome songs. I don't usually pick favorites but that is one of my favorite offspring tracks. It's right up there with the meaning of life, and the kids aren't alright etc.

Trust in you is a 10 for 10 too, but I don't think it belongs into that special clique.. and also what someone said is a very valid point. Which you like better <> which is better suited to be a single.

Trust in you is probably the most "old school offspringish" song on the album. If it gets released it isn't going to raise eyebrows. Half Truism would on the other be a lot more unexpected for the majority, and all the muse/my chemical romance/(even maybe) arena rock people would be like wtf this is awesome. Is this really The Offspring.. it IS for fucks sake!

It would make a lot more sense IMHO, and like someone said "have you ever" vs "pretty fly" or "wdygaj" of course you want the band to put out pfly and wdygaj.. but once they're out.. put out have you ever too :P

Make vids for all of them =)

bighead384
01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I just thought of something...

Who actually picks the singles? Is it the band? The label? Both? How does it work?

Rutegard
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I just thought of something...

Who actually picks the singles? Is it the band? The label? Both? How does it work?

both i'd say...i remember hearing dex saying that the guys of the label liked hammerhead a lot and so they all decided to release it as the first single..

Tomasisko
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Hammerhead was a good choice I agree. But never let the guys of the label to decide about music you're doing! The Offspring don't need that and they don't need Bob Rock too!

Trek
01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Trust in you!! Dexter's favourite song on the album too btw. Let's hope they just release something fast :).

Bipolar Bear
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
"half-truism" would be the best for a single because it would do really well imo (what an awesome song!) They kind of need to do well at this point for there to be a 4th single, with the low album sales and all.

"shit is fucked up" should be relatively popular too. Apart from that, I don't see any other songs that would do well enough to justify a fourth single.

cool 2 hate 681
01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
i think it should be stuff is messed up

bighead384
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I've always wondered if the opening riff in SIMU is unique in any way. I mean, that riff sounds like a bunch of other riffs...but is there any thing out there that sounds EXACTLY the same as that riff?

Rutegard
01-28-2009, 06:44 AM
I've always wondered if the opening riff in SIMU is unique in any way. I mean, that riff sounds like a bunch of other riffs...but is there any thing out there that sounds EXACTLY the same as that riff?

yeah _THAT riff, sounds weird enough to me, but i like it, in a weird way i do!

seriously, not that typical, kinda odd and twisted, but superb as always. i dunno, is there any?!? (quoting bighead384)

bighead384
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Bump. We need 100 votes to make this official. Because that would make it official.

RedFox
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I like Half-truism would be perfect for a new Single

My simple opinion

brothadave79
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I vote Half-Truism just so they will play it live again. That is all.

sipptaroowsky
01-29-2009, 04:54 AM
A lot like me definetley

bighead384
01-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Half Truism is a slightly better song, but lacks the shock value and relevance that SIMU has. Between the war and the recession, I know people can get down with those lyrics and it will really catch on. What's the point of picking a "safe bet" (Half-Truism) for the fourth single? Have some balls. The fourth single cannot break an album, but it CAN make it (from a sales perspective).

the_real_potomek
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Stuff Is Messed Up! That's an awesome song:D

Rutegard
01-29-2009, 02:22 PM
eeehhh HT is winning!!

offspring_freak_3
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
i think SIMU should be their next single.
i mean, it pretty much shows what the world is going through, with the economy crisis and the consumerism (?) thing

KHWHD
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
SIFU is a GREAT song, but honestly.. how good do you think it would sound on the radio with all the censorship?

Personally, I've only heard YGGF,K, Hammerhead, and Kristy on the radio from RAFRAG.

dff_punk
01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe Dexter would re-sing it with "stuff is messed up" instead of "shit is fucked up", so it would not sound that something is missing. That may sound a little bit lame, tho.

KHWHD
01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Maybe Dexter would re-sing it with "stuff is messed up" instead of "shit is fucked up", so it would not sound that something is missing.

I thought of that. But seriously, do you think they'd change it? I don't. Shit, I thought YGGF,K sounded utterly ridiculous on the radio when they bleeped out "dance fucker dance." That's not how the song was made or intended to sound - so to me it sounds dumb.

dff_punk
01-29-2009, 04:21 PM
There's not a big possibility of that. Maybe we could get a glimpse of how it sounds censored from those, who heard it on the radio, KROQ perhaps?

RedFox
01-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeehhh Half Truism Rlzz.!,
but i love You're Gonna Go Far, Kid...

i love the new video of kristy... i want a video of half truism or Trust in you =(

emm so dance fucker dance (?)

jacknife737
01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
SIFU is a GREAT song, but honestly.. how good do you think it would sound on the radio with all the censorship?

As others, and myself have mentioned previously in this thread, the shock value of the mass censorship in the song would lead to its appeal. It would make you take notice of the song, a lot more then anything in Half-Truism does. Stuff Is Messed Up, is simply a unique song, that would certainly get noticed, which is actually what RAFRAG needs at the moment, more exposure.

IamSam
01-29-2009, 06:20 PM
As others, and myself have mentioned previously in this thread, the shock value of the mass censorship in the song would lead to its appeal. It would make you take notice of the song, a lot more then anything in Half-Truism does. Stuff Is Messed Up, is simply a unique song, that would certainly get noticed, which is actually what RAFRAG needs at the moment, more exposure.

And like I did earlier in the thread that people don't seem to be reading, I agree with you.

Steph
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
So I voted for Half-Truism, because this song is very special for me, but now I guess that SIMU would be a better single to promote RAFRAG, and generally better as a single. And...I'm not sure if I wanted to hear some kids or anyone singing Half-Truism, because it sounds good, neat, cool, whatever, because this song in my opinion is too great for this to happen...bah, sorry for changing my mind too late:o

The Search Button
01-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm still sorry Dirty Magic didn't make the cut.

zsk
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
TRUST IN YOU !!!!!!!

Best Song ever!
I don't know why so many people like Stuff is messed up, i think it's a litlle tooo crazy!

Ninty Man
01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
TRUST IN YOU !!!!!!!

Best Song ever!
I don't know why so many people like Stuff is messed up, i think it's a litlle tooo crazy!

Stuff... is not that bad, but I don't really like it
Trust in you will NEVER be a single,

And I think that Nothingtown could be cool

renato piquette
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
trust in you is after hammerhead my fave song from the album,but that`s my own mind,it wouldn`t be a good single,and i don`t know why everybody keeps talking about half-truism,it would be a terrible one,even i don``t like nothingtown,it would be the best option,also stuff is messed up would be ok,besides those 2 there are not other options

SweetTatyana
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I love half-truism so I hope that one, but hearing anything Offspring on the radio makes me :) so :).

Outerspaceman21
01-30-2009, 11:30 PM
I would love for Half-Truism to be the next single, but Stuff is messed up is a good choice as well.

Tomasisko
01-31-2009, 07:03 AM
I would love for Half-Truism to be the next single, but Stuff is messed up is a good choice as well.

Stuff Is Messed Up is better choice than Half-Trusim for me. After Kristy would be great something "less commercial"

Omni
01-31-2009, 08:50 AM
A Lot Like Me.

I'm thoroughly disappointed that it hasn't been made a single yet.

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't care if it's a single at all. I just want a video.

I cannot tell you how much I've come to appreciate this song, lately. It may be my new favorite Offspring song ever. As far as just "catchiness" goes, Nothingtown would still be a top choice. Stuff is Messed Up will most likely be the fourth (if they release a fourth), Half-Truism would also be good.

Other than those four, I can't see any others reaching the Top 10, but I'm going to cast my vote for A Lot Like Me.

Outerspaceman21
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Stuff Is Messed Up is better choice than Half-Trusim for me. After Kristy would be great something "less commercial"

Yeah, that seems so. A lot of people really like Stuff is Messed up, so if I had to guess, it's most likely the next single. it would be the best choice, given the singles that have already passed. Hammerhead was the harbinger and lead single, with a serious, hard rock tone. YGGF,K was the pop commercial hit, Kristy was the sensitive single, now they need something more snotty and punk rock.

ernesto88
01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
stuff is messed up! off course!

Omni
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
With the exception of Smash and Americana, they seem to have a history of releasing at least one single that would've obviously been overshadowed by a better radio song, or not releasing a fourth at all. And we all know it.

zsk
02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Stuff... is not that bad, but I don't really like it
Trust in you will NEVER be a single,

And I think that Nothingtown could be cool

But they should play TYY live again!
there's no good video of it live

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
the only good choices are stuff is messed up,nothingtown and maybe a lot like me....even half-truism is at the top of this poll,it would be a terrible single

Free?
02-02-2009, 08:11 AM
^ I don't quite like this "Half-Truism is a terrible single" idea. It's wrong, wrong wording.

Kennytar
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Takes me Nowhere - just because its my fav song. And just because to show that I dont care about singles :cool:

PatMad
02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
stuff is messed up duuude! they released a lot of serious songs (which are all awesome) but that one is fun and has a really great meaning!

long live the offspring

Cock Joke
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm glad Truism's winning, but Rock Bottom deserves a lot more than just one vote! A LOT more.

KHWHD
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm glad Truism's winning, but Rock Bottom deserves a lot more than just one vote! A LOT more.

I agree, but unfortunately we could only pick one. :(

Camilamazed
02-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Voted for Trust in you because it would have an impact out there for being Offspringish. I like HT a lot though, but I wouldn't stand more people saying that it's like My chemical romance-ish like everybody else was saying back in the day.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I voted for nothingtown, I can't believe many of you guys didn't vote for that one, remember this song will make so much impact like Want you Bad did, they are someway alike ! nothingtown is offspring oldschool stuff ! just listen to them and you will see what I mean :D

Omni
02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
A Lot Like Me is gaining popularity, people are catching onto the fact that it has that "unlike most songs they've ever written" appeal and it's actually worked out amazingly well.

Outerspaceman21
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I voted for nothingtown, I can't believe many of you guys didn't vote for that one, remember this song will make so much impact like Want you Bad did, they are someway alike ! nothingtown is offspring oldschool stuff ! just listen to them and you will see what I mean :D

You're telling the people on the Offspring forums to listen to the Offspring...

maplejet
02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
It's got to be Stuffed is Messed Up. They already release their soft song for the album...it now needs to be wrapped up with one more hard punk rock song.

~|Vredina|~
02-04-2009, 05:08 AM
half truism because trupunx

I second that! Half-Truism definitely should be the 4th single :)

Offspring-Junkie
02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
I'd go for Nothingtown. And I don't think it sounds like any other song the offspring made in the past.

Bipolar Bear
02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd go for Nothingtown. And I don't think it sounds like any other song the offspring made in the past.

It sounds very similar to Want You Bad

Sefalobe_theoffspring
02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I voted last week "Half-Truism"... For me could be the fourth single....

...And make another new video clip....

Bye

sE.fA.lO.bE.

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM

Nothingtown is Offspring oldschool stuff????you gotta be high,still,I also think it should be Nothingtown,A Lot Like Me or Stuff Is Messed Up

chicapowerpunk
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
This is the best song on the album.;):cool:

bighead384
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm glad Kristy is making it's way up the charts. This ensures that there actually *is* a fourth single.

shitwalker
02-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Stuff is messed up is my favourite song on the album, so i want it to be the next single =)
But i think there won't be fourth single.... Don't know why... Maybe three - is a standart?

Tomasisko
02-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Stuff is messed up is my favourite song on the album, so i want it to be the next single =)
But i think there won't be fourth single.... Don't know why... Maybe three - is a standart?

I want Takes Me Nowhere or Stuff Is Messed Up as fourth single but it's not gonna happen, probably... As you said three is a standart

TheOldMark
02-06-2009, 06:25 PM
although I hope Im wrong, there will not be a 4th single.

bighead384
02-06-2009, 06:42 PM
although I hope Im wrong, there will not be a 4th single.

You sound confident. You know something?

randman21
02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Probably not. Not saying it's impossible, but it's more likely an educated guess, one that I tend to lean toward myself.

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Probably not. Not saying it's impossible, but it's more likely an educated guess, one that I tend to lean toward myself.

They might release another just for radio, like they did with Bad Habit. Maybe even a compilation of tour footage put together for a video. Thats the lazy way to finish an album cycle.

KHWHD
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice to see that Nothingtown has a few more votes since I voted. Yippie!

Omni
02-07-2009, 01:03 AM

With the exception of Smash and Americana, they seem to have a history of releasing at least one single that would've obviously been overshadowed by a better radio song, or not releasing a fourth at all. And we all know it.

They've only released four singles on two of their previous seven records. And on one of the records they released a fourth single on, they botched it. And most of the time, they botched the choice for a third single. We shouldn't get our hopes too far up.

TheOldMark
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM

They have not done 4 singles since Americana. And, that 4th single (she's got issues) did very poorly.

zsk
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
hmmm
no 4 Singles,maybe?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I think 3 is enough. I'd rather the next single be the first from a new album.

IamSam
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Just because the 4th single off Americana did poorly doesn't mean that a 4th single off of RAFRAG would do poorly. The two don't correlate.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I guess it would depend on how well Kristy does, right? If it turns out to be a pretty strong single, they may release a 4th one. I'm still thinking they may not, though.

Outerspaceman21
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Lets hope Kirsty is doing okay

For the fourth single's sake...

Omni
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
The fourth single didn't do poorly, it reached #11, which is considered "moderate" success for a band like the Offspring. Thats exactly where K,AYDO is.

SelfEsteem94
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
well, according to SelfEsteemSMASH's (a user that got pretty popular for uploading the Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace album, or simply my account) YouTube videos, after You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, Half-Truism is the most popular song off of their new album, so thats a possibility.

nevo
02-10-2009, 10:05 PM

Yes! I absolutely love this song, and one can imagine what The Offspring would do with the music video to a song like this. I was going through the pages in this thread thinking "Where are all the votes for Rock Botton? :("

randman21
02-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Yes! I absolutely love this song, and one can imagine what The Offspring would do with the music video to a song like this. I was going through the pages in this thread thinking "Where are all the votes for Rock Botton? :("
Haha, same here. It's one of my top 3-4 maybe.

Tomasisko
02-11-2009, 03:23 AM
It's no surprise for me that Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom has only 3 votes

Outerspaceman21
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM

Hey, I really like that song. It's not a throwaway track like Worst Hangover Ever.

It's one of my favorite tracks.

Simon241
02-13-2009, 05:06 AM
I think that Stuff is messed up is most original song from this Album. It's inimitable and agressive, . It isn't copy song from another album or another band(Rise and fall-american idiot). Stuff is messed up+good clip= success:)
I think that it may be as famous as Bad Habit.

KHWHD
02-13-2009, 05:57 AM

Why do you say that? It's in my top 5, I really like that song. But unfortunately we were only allowed to vote for 1 song - so I voted Nothingtown.

Simon241
02-13-2009, 06:18 AM
P.s. my list from the best to the worst:
1.Stuff is Messed up:)
2.Hammerhead
3.Youre gonna Go far Kid
4.Trust in You
5.Half-truism
6.Takes me nowhere
--------------------------------
7.O.C. Life
8.A lot like me:rolleyes:
--------------------------------
9.Let's hear it frome the rock bottom
10.Nothingtown:o
---------------------------------
11.Fix You
12. Kristy are you doing okay
.Rise and fall :mad:

zsk
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
P.s. my list from the best to the worst....

you got the same ugly name than me :D

Tomasisko
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Why do you say that? It's in my top 5, I really like that song. But unfortunately we were only allowed to vote for 1 song - so I voted Nothingtown.

Hey, I really like that song. It's not a throwaway track like Worst Hangover Ever.

It's one of my favorite tracks.

It's hard to explain. But this song is too much I don't know..."teenage"? :rolleyes: When I'm listening Let's Hear It For a Rock Bottom always comes to my mind Sum 41. (yes I don't like them)

SelfEsteem94
03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
i used to think Stuff is Messed Up would be a great choice for a single,
but then i thought about how the lyrics could lessen the chance of it being played on the radio or tv as much as other songs.

then i came to a decision that Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom would be a good choice due to its mainstream feel. i dont mean that in a bad way either, i really enjoy the song.

bighead384
03-04-2009, 11:26 PM
i used to think Stuff is Messed Up would be a great choice for a single,
but then i thought about how the lyrics could lessen the chance of it being played on the radio or tv as much as other songs.

There's so many hit songs that are an exception to that rule though. And it's just so perfect for the times and it will actually catch people's attention in a big way the very first time they hear it.

I hope Dexter logs on and sees these results. Not that this would make up his mind, but it might help! The top three songs on this poll are the only real options if you ask me. I don't know what people are talking about with Trust In You being a single.

Outerspaceman21
03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I seriously think that Stuff is Messed Up should be the next single. It will preform better than Half-Truism in my opinion because of the sheer snotty punk value we all love so much.

Hey, YGGF,K did well, and that had Dance Fucker Dance in the pre-chorus. Whose to say what words are in the chorus will block a song from preforming well?

Smash punker
03-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Iīve put my vote to Fix you :D

bighead384
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I was thinking about this again, and I want as many opinions as possible. So bump.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, I've just voted for Half Truism, although it's not one of my favs. But I think it would be good if they released it as a single. It's a powerful song.

RedFox
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism Half-Truism

yeehhh

i want a video ^^

and....
dance fucker dance.. (?)

Free?
03-20-2009, 02:42 AM
It's obvious that Stuff Is Messed Up is the most wanted as fourth single. It has it all and even more. It's just fucking kickass. Closely followed by epic Half-Truism. But the album is nothing less than 12 single-worth hits anyway ;].

Dexter Holland
03-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Well 3 singles, things have gone great, can't complain about that...

4th single? I don't know what it should be. But we shot
a video yesterday.

Which song do you think it was?

randman21
03-20-2009, 02:45 AM
lol, Dex. I'll saaay...Stuff is Messed Up.

I'm disappointed in myself for guessing just based on popular opinion, though. :p

EDIT: Yeah, I guess I didn't properly express my joy about there being a 4th single. Yeeeeeee! I didn't expect one. :)

Free?
03-20-2009, 02:46 AM
Woooohoooo! That's fucking greaaat! I hope it's "Stuff" but I would gladly accept any choice, they all are worthy!
You made my day, sir! \m/

Oxygene
03-20-2009, 03:22 AM

a video yesterday.

If "we shot" means you guys were in it my hopefull guess goes for Half Truism :P

Rutegard
03-20-2009, 03:47 AM
If "we shot" means you guys were in it my hopefull guess goes for Half Truism :P

yep either that or trust in you!! man can't wait to start voting for a new video :P

and now i'm fucking curious....

-L-
03-20-2009, 03:52 AM
I hope it's Trust in you :D

Oxygene
03-20-2009, 03:54 AM
I hope it's Trust in you :D

Shut up! You better hope it's half truism :P We Hungarians need to form a united front for Half Truism! =)

Rutegard
03-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Shut up! You better hope it's half truism :P We Hungarians need to form a united front for Half Truism! =)

may i join the half truism united front?

Zee
03-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Hopefully Half-Truism. It would be a hit. If I'd be a record label boss I'd piss honey after hearing a song like that.

On the other hand the second option, Trust In You, would be almost as great choice as Half-Truism. That would active the people thinking S/T, Ignition and Smash are the only good Offspring albums. Image-wise great choice. Half-Truism would appeal for much more people, and it would be an obvious radio hit in Europe too. Would've been at least as the first single when the boost was highest. The general atmosphere in that song is just something so awesome. But hey, I still think Hammerhead is the best song from the album, so as a fan I was really satisfied for it being the first single. After that, unfortunately at least Finnish radio/tv hasn't recognized the band too much which is a big shame. There are thousands of fans of course, but the media didn't pay too much attention. In the US they've made some really destructive results it seems. Thumbs up.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-20-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't remember which I voted :D

damnit !

MAXTER
03-20-2009, 07:39 AM
A Lot Like Me!!!

MAXTER
03-20-2009, 07:42 AM
A Lot Like Me!!!

it would be nice and rocks if "A Lot Like Me" video seems like "Gone Away" video:rolleyes:

Joyce
03-20-2009, 08:16 AM
hahhaa.. i agree with -L-, Trust in you!!!
oor stuff is messed up

the_real_potomek
03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I still think it would be cool if the new single was Stuff Is Messed Up:D

bighead384
03-20-2009, 11:14 AM
a video yesterday.

I wonder what he means by this. Usually shooting a video means it's a single. Unless they just did another video like Da Hui.

jacknife737
03-20-2009, 11:21 AM

a video yesterday.

Wow, thank's for the update Dexter! I hope the current posting spree of yours becomes a regular occurrence, it is much appreciated.

As for which song I think it might be. I'm pretty sure it's going to be Stuff is Messed Up. It just seems the kind of song that would get attention as a fourth single.

Also, i think it's totally awesome that the band is putting out this many singles for the album, seems as if it is getting a great response from the public.

bighead384
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
The first three singles dealt with stuff that is messed up. Stuff Is Messed up would sum it all up pretty nicely. That's why it's perfect as a fourth single.

I still don't get what he means though. You would think if they're shooting a video, then that song is defiantly going to be the fourth single.

Outerspaceman21
03-20-2009, 11:49 AM

a video yesterday.

Please be Half-Truism... PLEASE!!!

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-20-2009, 11:53 AM

a video yesterday.

Nice I don't care which one it was, atleast we know you guys made another video, and soon it's gonna come out :D

I hope it is nothingtown, or rise and fall, but I bet it's going to be Stuff is messed up or half-truism

jacknife737
03-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I still don't get what he means though. You would think if they're shooting a video, then that song is defiantly going to be the fourth single.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was insinuating. He's just being coy.

sipptaroowsky
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
A Lot Like ME

Gustavo
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM

a video yesterday.

Hey Dexter, thanks for showing up again! It's really good to see you around.

Well, I'm guessing it's Trust In You.

Blitzkrieg Bop
03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

a video yesterday.

Wow, thank's for the update Dexter! I hope the current posting spree of yours becomes a regular occurrence, it is much appreciated.

As for which song I think it might be. I'm pretty sure it's going to be Stuff is Messed Up. It just seems the kind of song that would get attention as a fourth single.

I second this, but my thoughts are that Stuff is Messed Up has gotten more play live than any other song, therefore being more out there in the public besides single 1 to 3 and it would make a great fourth single. But with that being said and as I have previously stated, I would still love to have Half-Truism

MAXTER
03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEhOgr7fWo8&feature=related

Rutegard
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEhOgr7fWo8&feature=related

heaven made!

bighead384
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what he was insinuating. He's just being coy.

You're probably right, and I did consider that, but I was thinking maybe they did something like the Da Hui video. They made a video for Da Hui, but didn't really do anything to promote it like a proper single. It was mostly just for fans.

cool 2 hate 681
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
i hope it was a video for half truism

Camilamazed
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Something tells me it's either SIMU or Let's hear it for rock bottom.

Tijs
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I think they finally gave in on iGustavo's begging and shot a video for Lightning Rod.

Castormut
03-20-2009, 04:16 PM
A Lot Like Me ! this song can be a success

Stylie
03-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh man Dexter, you're killing me! :D

Really cool and nice of you to show up like this and say a few words. And the fact that you guys just shot a video is also amazing! Really, really nice. And yeah, I think it's either for Stuff Is Messed Up or Half-Truism (big surprise, huh?). I'm just happy for this news, don't care which of them it's gonna be, 'cause I love them both.

And yes! What I'm gonna tell now is a little bit off-topic, but whatever. I was just on a little concert tonight (free), two norwegian rappers Erik and Kriss, 'cause they had this little show because of some Bama Alpin Ski championship here in my small town (well, we got a really great alpin/slalom hillslide or what it's called, so many people are here this weekend). I never really cared about them, because I generally don't like rap and hiphop, but I know they're pretty big here in Norway so I thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Plus, pretty cool that they actually did come to this little place, where like nothing happens. And it was pretty fun, seeing artists/bands live is something different than just listening here on the computer.

So I just thought of you guys, how fu**ing amazing it will be when I'm gonna see you live! Damn I can't wait, heh. Of course, I really hope that you're having a little light for Norway or Sweden in your head when planing the European tour. Guess we just have to wait and see! : )

I think they finally gave in on iGustavo's begging and shot a video for Lightning Rod.

Hehah, yeah, that would be awesome.

Ronan Bronzeado
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm Brazilian and I'm thinking in trust in you or half turism

bighead384
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM

a video yesterday.

I have feeling that it's either Half Truism or Stuff Is Messed Up based on Dexter's post. It's just one of those things you can sense but can't really explain. For some reason, I feel as though him saying "which song do you think it was" indicates that it was probably the top two songs on the polls like we would expect.

I dunno...I just think he would have said something else if that weren't the case.

RAFAyEL
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
and I was thinking that the reign of RAFRAG had finished ...
Dexter surprising everyone!

IamSam
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow, thanks for the update, Dexter!

I'm just excited that there is another single and video!

Free?
03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I have feeling that it's either Half Truism or Stuff Is Messed Up based on Dexter's post. It's just one of those things you can sense but can't really explain. For some reason, I feel as though him saying "which song do you think it was" indicates that it was probably the top two songs on the polls like we would expect.

I dunno...I just think he would have said something else if that weren't the case.

This .

KHWHD
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
My guess is Nothingtown?

Outerspaceman21
03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Well I don't waht it is as long as it isn't Fix You or Rise and Fall because I don't dig those two songs. I love every other track.

bighead384
03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Well I don't waht it is as long as it isn't Fix You or Rise and Fall because I don't dig those two songs.

I hate you.

Outerspaceman21
03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I hate you.

Hey, so what. I just don't dig that track all that much. I will say, it is better then Fix You, but all in all, It's just one of my least faves.

offs55
03-20-2009, 09:17 PM
HEY DEXTER, it is so nice to see your post here!!

I think is trust in you

randman21
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I don't waht it is as long as it isn't Fix You or Rise and Fall because I don't dig those two songs. I love every other track.
I hate you.

sbazzone
03-21-2009, 01:15 AM

a video yesterday.

I hope this is Half Truism or Trust in You.

dexterone
03-21-2009, 04:32 AM
I think 3 singles are enough but they could shot Takes me nowhere yet,bcs its really great song :)

renato piquette
03-21-2009, 08:21 AM
stuff is messed up or nothingtown,i hope itīs simu,though,i donīt like nothingtown,but they are the best options,and maybe rock bottom

Outerspaceman21
03-21-2009, 09:26 AM
I hate you.

You know what, I don't give a shit. I HATE FIX YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Les Paul Girl
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I really love all songs on RAFRAG (except maybe Hammerhead) so I welcome any of the tracks as the forth single.

My vote goes for SIMU, though.

Rutegard
03-21-2009, 10:11 AM

Tijs knows better!

renato piquette
03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Tijs knows better!

yeah!lightning rod deserves a video

Outerspaceman21
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
yeah!lightning rod deserves a video

I'll agree to that.

rockbeer
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM
trust in you.

duuuude that would be... i don't know... maybe...
PERFECT!
AWESOME!
and all the adjectives that mean F*CKIN GREEEAAT!!

haha :D

Flux
03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I vote Half-Truism though Stuff Is Messed Up is a close second.

renato piquette
03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
I vote Half-Truism though Stuff Is Messed Up is a close second.

dammit,yo should have voted for simu!

RonWelty
03-22-2009, 08:23 AM
They shot a video for Half-Truism. Obviously.

bighead384
03-22-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm glad I made this thread. It gave Dexter a reason to give us the information about the 4th single. I bumped it at the perfect time too. It's like I could sense that he was going sign on soon.

Little_Miss_1565
03-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Bighead, Dexter's aura is not connected to the internet! ;)

Dexter, you're killin' us. :D I'm going to guess SIMU, but you know how much I love "Half Truism."

Rutegard
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
he is teasing us, but hey, that is why we love him so much!

once again, my vote goes to HT.
TiY for 5th single :P

m.offspring.r
03-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Trust in You

IamSam
03-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm guessing SIMU due to Half-Truism not doing well live. IMO.

Oxygene
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm guessing SIMU due to Half-Truism not doing well live. IMO.

gimme somadat crazy shit u been smoking...

bighead384
03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
So...does the name of the tour definitely mean that the next single (and video, apparently) will be Stuff Is Messed Up?

KHWHD
03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
So...does the name of the tour definitely mean that the next single (and video, apparently) will be Stuff Is Messed Up?

I was thinking about this thread earlier too. When Dexter asked us to guess what the video was that they were shooting - I assume it's the tour video that was released today?

randman21
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
I was thinking about this thread earlier too. When Dexter asked us to guess what the video was that they were shooting - I assume it's the tour video that was released today?
Haha, wow. That thought never even crossed my mind. I guess most people were thinking "music video".

KHWHD
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Haha, wow. That thought never even crossed my mind. I guess most people were thinking "music video".

I'm smarter than I look Randy. ;) No but seriously, that's what I 'thought' Dexter meant. Makes sense doesn't it?

bighead384
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm smarter than I look Randy. ;) No but seriously, that's what I 'thought' Dexter meant. Makes sense doesn't it?
Man, if that's the case, then he shouldn't be getting our hopes up like that.

Outerspaceman21
03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Maybe they did shot a video along with the tour promo vid. You never know.

Oxygene
03-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Seeing as how it's called "The Shit is Fucked Up Tour" I'm sure the 4th single will be Half Truism :(

Beheaded
03-24-2009, 01:47 AM

a video yesterday.

I guess, you meant the tour announcement vid?!

Free?
03-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Okay, Sherlocks, let's put it simple. First Dexter posts in this (!) thread:

a video yesterday.

Then, by your assumptions, his answer would be something like that:

I meant the tour announcement video, gotcha haha!

It just doesn't make much sense!!!1111

EDIT: Also, after the tour announcement I can see that the gap between Half-Truism and SIMU will grow bigger as SIMU will gain much more popularity. I knew that SIMU will be one of Offspring's bests from the first time I listened to it!

Outerspaceman21
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay, Sherlocks, let's put it simple. First Dexter posts in this (!) thread:

Then, by your assumptions, his answer would be something like that:

It just doesn't make much sense!!!1111

EDIT: Also, after the tour announcement I can see that the gap between Half-Truism and SIMU will grow bigger as SIMU will gain much more popularity. I knew that SIMU will be one of Offspring's bests from the first time I listened to it!

Exactly. They could have shot the promo and then shot a video to go along with the tour.

bouncingcoles
03-24-2009, 03:53 PM
stuff is messed up would be a poor single because of the amount of editing the song would require due to the profanity. it would just hurt the song and sound dumb as shit. I say either half truism or a lot like me. But id be surprised if they did a 4th single. I have a feeling kristy nailed the coffin. sorry kristy

hshduppsnt
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
stuff is messed up would be a poor single because of the amount of editing the song would require due to the profanity. it would just hurt the song and sound dumb as shit. I say either half truism or a lot like me. But id be surprised if they did a 4th single. I have a feeling kristy nailed the coffin. sorry kristy

this is my feeling on simu, and why I'm glad i've been hearing more half-truism on kroq lately, but it just isn't getting the requests hammerhead/yggfk got/are still getting

Either way im excited to see if they did shoot a video, way Dexter was putting it, it Probably was a single for a song but... then again he likes to mess with us so :)

Tomasisko
03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
hey guys you are all talking about Stuff Is Messed Up, Trust In You and Half-Truism but don't forget about Nothingtown. This song has a great potention to be next single.

SelfEsteem94
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
hey guys you are all talking about Stuff Is Messed Up, Trust In You and Half-Truism but don't forget about Nothingtown. This song has a great potention to be next single.
i highly doubt it,
their last singles started playing on KROQ before they were confirmed singles,
and Half-Truism had been playing on KROQ for a while.

randman21
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
I think SIMU started playing even before YGGFK did, though. But, yeah, my hopes for "Nothingtown" are dead.

darea
03-25-2009, 01:31 AM
I'd really love it to be Half Truism, cause that's become like my favourite song ever. And maybe a video will help me to understand the song a bit more.

Stuff is messed up would be cool as well.;)

rockbeer
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
ppl, vote for trust in you!

Rutegard
03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
i enjoy to watch how the fight is going on so far, between HT and SIMU

i bet dexter is enjoing this as much as i am :)

IamSam
03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty much convinced that the single will be SIMU because of the tours name.

DUKENT
03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Takes Me Nowhere, no doubt. Clip with the whole band, story and beer. Real punk shit!

DUKENT
03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
i bet dexter is enjoing this as much as i am :)

Well I'm pretty sure Dex doesnt even bother visiting this page

Oxygene
03-25-2009, 11:41 AM

don't be too sure, you might just embaress yourself :)

IamSam
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM

a video yesterday.

Hark...lookie what I found...

Outerspaceman21
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Hmmm, this is awkward...

RageAndLov
03-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Let it be Half-Truism!

bighead384
03-31-2009, 05:50 PM
I checked AllAccess.com and the DJ in the Programmer of the week picked Half Truism for his top three. I wonder if it's starting to catch on, even though I'd rather see SIMU.

Outerspaceman21
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I checked AllAccess.com and the DJ in the Programmer of the week picked Half Truism for his top three. I wonder if it's starting to catch on, even though I'd rather see SIMU.

It's close between the two. I honestly don't know what they'll do.

slade
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
A Lot Like Me, Half-Truism or Trust In You.

Any of those I'm fine with. As long as they have a good video this time.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-08-2009, 06:51 AM
pleaseeee shoot another video or atleast tell us which song will it be !

aaaaa

i'm desperate :S

Ajota
04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
When released? :(

Free?
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
When released? :(
I wish I knew that. *shrugs*

bighead384
04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
So...I hope the fourth single is released within the next two weeks. What do you think?

KHWHD
04-19-2009, 05:56 PM
So...I hope the fourth single is released within the next two weeks. What do you think?

I would think it would be sometime around when they start their tour?

Outerspaceman21
04-19-2009, 06:50 PM
It would make sense to release it at the start of the tour to help support it.

Quagmire
04-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Stuff Is Messed Up is the best song on the album in my opinion but I think it would suck censored so I'm hoping for Nothingtown.

Omni
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's over with. No more.

TakesMeNowhere28
04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I voted for Takes Me Nowhere (imagine that). I agree that Stuff Is Messed Up would be a great single, but it would never work out. It's not as funny censored. If I had to vote for my top 3, it'd go as follows:

1. Takes Me Nowhere
2. Half-Truism
3. Fix You

bighead384
04-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Hmmm...I wonder...

Outerspaceman21
04-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Hmmm...I wonder...

We may never know

Szandi
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Half-Truism

Outerspaceman21
04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Half-Truism

I would love for it to be Half-Truism.

juan de dios
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
:)HELLO , IN WIKIPEDIA SAID THAT THE 4 SINGLE IS HALF-TRUISM AND THE SINGLE GOING BE RELEASED ON MAY 18 OF 2009 , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Truism:D

dff_punk
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Half-Truism:D ? Well that is a new song to me. But if you remove the smiley, it is actually there.

Outerspaceman21
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Sweet FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Staighecige
05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Great subject, but its a bit long and most people like short and sweet posts!