PDA

View Full Version : Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

Cbonham5
01-29-2009, 06:18 AM
I started this discussion with my cousing yesterday, talking about what bands deserve to get into the Hall of Fame, what bands don't, and who is currently in that shouldn't be (Madonna, Michael Jackson), I'll start the debating off with Megadeth

Jakebert
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
The Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame isn't just rock music. It's any kind of popular music.

jacknife737
01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
The "Hall of Fame" is a complete joke anyways.

Cock Joke
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Guns n Roses, Offspring, Nirvana, Social Distortion, Offspring, Green Day, Offspring, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, Metallica, Offspring, and Daughtry should all be in there if not already.

WebDudette
01-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Anyway, all those bands probably have a chance and thats why the Hall of Fame is a joke.

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Metallica

I have posted this before in the Metallica thread, this should answer your question ;)

Wow . . . what a great way to start off 2009! We are beyond proud to let you know that we will indeed be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a ceremony held in Cleveland on April 4, 2009. As a refresher, it has to have been 25 years since your first record was released to be eligible and while it certainly doesn't feel like it's been that long, we hear that's the case!

So here's the other cool part. For the first time in the 24 years that the Hall of Fame has been around, tickets to the ceremony will be available to YOU! The induction ceremony will be held at Public Hall in Cleveland, and if you're a member of the Hall of Fame and Museum, you can buy tickets in a pre-sale on January 22 and 23. There is a walk-up sale on Saturday, January 24 (that means you have to find your way to the box office at the Hall of Fame that day), and finally they will be available through all Ticketmaster outlets starting on Monday, January 26. Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for info about a special ticket sale for them.

We are keeping company with some amazing and legendary performers as Jeff Beck, Little Anthony & the Imperials, Run-DMC, and Bobby Womack will also be inducted that night.

Sorry, no details yet about exactly who will be at the induction as presenters and performers, but we can tell you that it will be broadcast live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv.

Keep watching here for more info and you can also check out the Hall's site at www.rockhall.com.
MetClub
Source: www.metclub.com

Sofinch
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Guns n Roses, Offspring, Nirvana, Social Distortion, Offspring, Green Day, Offspring, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, Metallica, Offspring, and Daughtry should all be in there if not already.

That's 3 times Offspring!!
and Nirvana is already said
so I got nothing to add anymore
except for The Ramones, are they on it?

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM

Yes, they are already there ... they were inducted on the 18th March 2002

Outerspaceman21
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Does anyone here know that Metallica is being inducted this year with Jeff Beck, Bobby Womack, Little Anthony and the Imperials, and Run-DMC.

Cock Joke
02-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I have posted this before in the Metallica thread, this should answer your question ;)
Fuck yea!!!

That's 3 times Offspring!!
and Nirvana is already said
so I got nothing to add anymore
The Offspring need to be inducted in there three times! That's how awesome they are!!!

Jakebert
02-02-2009, 02:00 PM
But it hasn't been 25 years since their first album, and that's the age requirement to get inducted.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Metallica definitely deserves to be there, there's no question. So does Iron Maiden, they weren't inducted yet (by the way i don't like them at all :p)

Smash_Returns
02-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Definately Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Even though neither is quite as popular as Metallica, they definately have been more influential, and produced more original music.

If Metallica is inducted before Iron Maiden, I'll need to kill whoever does the inductions. The only metal band that deserves being in there before Maiden is Black Sabbath (and they were inducted just recently). In 5 years, The Offspring (S/T was released in '89)