PDA

View Full Version : if i had a band...

ily2
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
ok, so i dont have a band, but if i did, i would be the singer person

(do you pplz prefer over use of commas or over use of elipsies?)

Homer
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ily2
01-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

lmao
seriously?

Homer
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Seriously.

Vera
01-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Is this going to be a topic of any substance or should I just close it?

ily2
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Is this going to be a topic of any substance or should I just close it?

maybe i should be a little more spicific
if you had a band what would it be called, what rpll would you take, and what type of music would you play?

ad8
01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
I think I would make a band with 5 drummers... just to be sure to always have one ~~

randman21
02-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Haha, thanks for that correction. I was really struggling with what the heck rpll was. It's role anyway.

Err, I would be the lead singer, rhythm guitarist, and keyboardist. ily, why haven't you started a band yet?

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 05:35 PM
If I were in a band, the line up would be as follows

Me - lead vox and rhythm guitar
Randy - also lead vox and rhythm guitar
Travis (my friend) - bass
drummerbecca on drums (yes I'd be willing to import a drummer)

and we'd play whatever we felt like cause thats TRU PUNX!

randman21
02-01-2009, 05:50 PM
If I were in a band, the line up would be as follows

Me - lead vox and rhythm guitar
Randy - also lead vox and rhythm guitar
Travis (my friend) - bass
drummerbecca on drums (yes I'd be willing to import a drummer)

and we'd play whatever we felt like cause thats TRU PUNX!
I wholeheartedly approve of this setup. Especially the "two rhythm, no lead guitar" part.

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I wholeheartedly approve of this setup. Especially the "two rhythm, no lead guitar" part.

who the fuck needs lead guitar? There are just some parts you can and can't do and unless you're angus young, theres just no need for the distinction.

randman21
02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I've been skewled. Now lets rawk!

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been skewled. Now lets rawk!

name a time and a place. you do know that fayetteville and the boro are only 2 hours apart, right? :p and if i'm driving its prolly closer to 1.5. :D

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 06:38 PM
hellz yea lets so do it i approve of _lost_ settup :P haha. fuck lead guitar, that what bass is for

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 06:44 PM
lol. Travis, I am once again forced to applaud your typing skills.

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 06:47 PM
yes we all know i cant spell to save my life

randman21
02-01-2009, 06:59 PM
name a time and a place. you do know that fayetteville and the boro are only 2 hours apart, right? :p and if i'm driving its prolly closer to 1.5. :D
Haha. Speed demon, eh? If I'm driving, it's likely closer to 3. Anyway, ANY TIME ANY PLACE.

yes we all know i cant spell to save my life
rofl. It's okay, man. You remind me of a certain other member of this board, though.:p

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Haha. Speed demon, eh? If I'm driving, it's likely closer to 3. Anyway, ANY TIME ANY PLACE.

rofl. It's okay, man. You remind me of a certain other member of this board, though.:p

dude you live like 30 minutes from me:eek:

randman21
02-01-2009, 07:09 PM
dude you live like 30 minutes from me:eek:
:eek: Whaaaaa? I didn't know this. I thought you lived north of Greensboro somewhere.

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:13 PM
:eek: Whaaaaa? I didn't know this. I thought you lived north of Greensboro somewhere.

dude no.....mostly part of me wish i did lol, but na i live is roseboro sampson county hahaha

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 07:13 PM

3 hours? wtf? its only 90 miles! how freaking slow do you drive man?!? :eek:

usually he types so coherently.

travis i'm just messin. it wasn't even a poke at your spelling... mostly your lack of punctuation. but then again, i think i use enough "."s for the two of us.

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:16 PM

usually he types so coherently.

travis i'm just messin. it wasn't even a poke at your spelling... mostly your lack of punctuation. but then again, i think i use enough "."s for the two of us.

haha i know your just messin :P hug

randman21
02-01-2009, 07:17 PM
dude no.....mostly part of me wish i did lol, but na i live is roseboro sampson county hahaha
Haha, okay. Awesome. One of our routes at work goes there.

Well, apparently, 30 mph.

But nah haha. I've never actually made the drive there. I'm sure it'd take me longer than average, though.:p

EDIT: Yep, renton. It make you think how big, but at the same time, how small the world is. We live so close but have never met (well, I've never met either of them).

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Haha, okay. Awesome. One of our routes at work goes there.

But nah haha. I've never actually made the drive there. I'm sure it'd take me longer than average, though.:p

EDIT: Yep, renton. It make you think how big, but at the same time, how small the world is. We live so close but have never met (well, I've never met either of them).

awesome were you work? and yea....long ass drive to greensboro.....i get lost easily

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM

hehe... clearly you don't have much experience with I40 between Raleigh and the Boro.

It only takes me an hour to get to Raleigh and Fayetteville is only like 30 or 40 mins further. But then again, I've only driven to Fayetteville once and that was at night a few years ago.

randman21
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
For the record, I feel guilty for what we're doing to this thread. haha (lol, and I typed that before I saw the previous post)

awesome were you work? and yea....long ass drive to greensboro.....i get lost easily
I work for the newspaper, Fayetteville Observer. Driving le truckz. And haha, sounds like we have the same bad sense of direction. I get lost around Fayetteville all the time.

hehe... clearly you don't have much experience with I40 between Raleigh and the Boro.

It only takes me an hour to get to Raleigh and Fayetteville is only like 30 or 40 mins further. But then again, I've only driven to Fayetteville once and that was at night a few years ago.
Wow, I have NO experience with that. Thank God for Mapquest, though. And I had no idea we were so close before. Cool.

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
this thread really got off subject

ooops my fault lol haha, well it really didnt get off subject, .what if we wanted to make a band we need to know were each other live and such

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
For the record, I feel guilty for what we're doing to this thread. haha (lol, and I typed that before I saw the previous post)
lol. but we are discussing us being close enough to justify a band. :p ;)
you see my logic? we r so totally on topic.
EDIT you totally beat me to it travis.

Wow, I have NO experience with that. Thank God for Mapquest, though. And I had no idea we were so close before. Cool.
lol... and i though I knew very little about NC...

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM

hahaah lol....we all hardly know nc

randman21
02-01-2009, 07:44 PM

Wow, you guys are pros at the art of bullshit. But, really, you have good points. so we r so totally on topic.

Haha, it's very sad, actually. I've gotten a lot better, though.:D

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
apparently though, i'm a total guru compared to you two

EDIT: and thank you. I've spent years mastering the art of bullshitting. How do you think I made it through high school?

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM

hey wait...she says i cant spell lol,....she misspelt thought....i find that very important so i bought it up :p

randman21
02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
EDIT: and thank you. I've spent years mastering the art of bullshitting. How do you think I made it through high school?
I was thinking maybe the same way I did. Ravishing looks?

hey wait...she says i cant spell lol,....she misspelt thought....i find that very important so i bought it up :p
Haha, nicely done.

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM

that only worked on the male and lesbian teachers. Both of which I had very few of.

Travey B.
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM

Haha, nicely done.

hahaha lol shes got ravishing good looks, but for those of use who dont, we learnt that very rare art the hard way :P

randman21
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
that only worked on the male and lesbian teachers. Both of which I had very few of.
That's pretty much all I had, so it really didn't work for me either. :(

_Lost_
02-01-2009, 08:49 PM
That's pretty much all I had, so it really didn't work for me either. :(

OMG! HAHAHAHA!

you totally won this round Randy.

Randy 2
Karin 1,000,000

randman21
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
lulz, I'm glad you're still keeping score. I'm so gonna come back.

Vera
02-02-2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.aim.com, you guys.

randman21
02-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Heh, I got carried away. Sorry.:o

_Lost_
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
many apologies. :o

Sofinch
02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
our style : Punk/ska-rock
My role : Guitarist, songwriter
Bandname : Band

Outerspaceman21
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I would want to do something like Rise Against and Strike Anywhere. I believe the style is called Melodic Hardcore.

I would most likely play Guitar (rhythm, lead or both) and maybe vocal (depends on how people like the shouting in the mike method...)

I would want to do a power trio and thats all. I don't want to incorporate other instruments and have to hire player to play them live. If we can't play live, oh well. I don't want to be like green day and their "permanent live guitarist" jason white, whom they record with and is pretty much the fourth member of green day.

Name? How bout 'Jennifer Lost the War'?

ily2
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
our style : Punk/ska-rock
My role : Guitarist, songwriter
Bandname : Band

I would want to do something like Rise Against and Strike Anywhere. I believe the style is called Melodic Hardcore.

I would most likely play Guitar (rhythm, lead or both) and maybe vocal (depends on how people like the shouting in the mike method...)

I would want to do a power trio and thats all. I don't want to incorporate other instruments and have to hire player to play them live. If we can't play live, oh well. I don't want to be like green day and their "permanent live guitarist" jason white, whom they record with and is pretty much the fourth member of green day.

Name? How bout 'Jennifer Lost the War'?

good job, way to stay on topic pplz!!
keep it up!!

Tomasisko
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
my hypotetical band:

style: hardcore/crust
my role: drums and vocals :cool:
guitar: Dano, Barny
bass: Zdenator
lead vocals: Pinky :D

drummerbecca
02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
hahaha lol shes got ravishing good looks, but for those of use who dont, we learnt that very rare art the hard way :P

At least you did learn it. I'm still trying... :p

Oh, and, er, yeah, I'd be the drummer I guess.

Import me!

ForkZ
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
i would be in anthony and rentons band
lol

ily2
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
i would be in anthony and rentons band
lol

:/ i doubt it. you can't sing in front of ppl. remember?

MoonTan™
02-18-2009, 10:23 PM
who the fuck needs lead guitar? There are just some parts you can and can't do and unless you're angus young, theres just no need for the distinction.

Lol, ok, but im a lead guitarist, i really didn't know i was that useless .....

Anyway about the band...

Me - Backup singer/Lead guitar
My friend - Main singer/backup guitarist
Drummerbecca - Drums (I've heard shes good)
A bass player - Triangle
Random guy - Bass Guitar

Yeah, And we'd play either pop punk, or metal, or whatever we feel like!

ily2
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Lol, ok, but im a lead guitarist, i really didn't know i was that useless .....

Anyway about the band...

Me - Backup singer/Lead guitar
My friend - Main singer/backup guitarist
Drummerbecca - Drums (I've heard shes good)
A bass player - Triangle
Random guy - Bass Guitar

Yeah, And we'd play either pop punk, or metal, or whatever we feel like!

the triangle?

RageAndLov
02-19-2009, 12:07 AM

Hahahahaha XD - made my day!