PDA

View Full Version : Oasis vs blur

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 08:36 AM
hey,guys,i don`t know if any of you`ve heard about this rivalry,just post what do you thik about the 2 bands,who you prefer and why and stuff

findout5
02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I kind of like both bands.

Oasis is better because they sound better in my ears.

WerGee
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
only BLUR :p

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 09:58 AM
only BLUR :p

yeah,i love blur,i kind of like oasis too,but not as much as blur

Outerspaceman21
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I would perfer Blur, because I don't like any songs by Oasis aside from Wonder Wall. I think they suck to me honest. I like a few songs from Blur, but they aren't that great to me, but they are a good band.

My favorite british band is Muse.

Forza
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I would perfer Blur, because I don't like any songs by Oasis aside from Wonder Wall. I think they suck to me honest. I like a few songs from Blur, but they aren't that great to me, but they are a good band.

My favorite british band is Muse.

Wonderwall must be the suckiest and lamest song of all time, it's such a whine. I've heard their other stuff is pretty good... but I never bothered to listen because of Wonderwall.

Blur at least have made a memorable song that's actually enjoyable, Song 2.

medi01
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
oasis are good...best of the 2 anyway

jacknife737
02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Did i travel back in time, to 1997? I'm pretty sure the rivalry is dead.

I enjoy both bands, for different reasons. Blur writes more arty, almost punk-influenced pop songs. Stuff like Park Life, Coffee and TV are classics. Their last cd was pretty bad, save for a couple tracks. The last thing i heard was that Coxon had rejoined the band and that they were "thinking about writing new material".

I probably enjoy Oasis more overall. Personally i think Wonderwall is an average song by the guys, it really gets eclipsed by stuff like Don't Look Back in Anger. Also, i feel like Heathen Chemistry is their most overlooked album; which is unfortunate since it has some of their best stuff (Hindu Times, Songbird, ect).

i_am_the_bishop
02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
oasis and blur were my favourite bands when i was younger (before i discovered the offspring and green day). always prefered oasis though, blur are just too damn southern!

can't listen to blur anymore but i still love oasis, all the best songs were on the b-sides of their singles.
:)

mrconeman
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM

I know, wtf. I was gunna say exactly that.

But yeah, Blur are back together, and will have new material this summer. Save for a few singles I've never enjoyed them. I've loved Oasis' older stuff dearly since childhood. Pity they havent made a good album in about 15 years though.

Alison
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I know more Oasis stuff, I grew up listening to them because of my brother. But I like Song 2 and that other one...with the milk carton in the video more than any Oasis.

The again...I dislike both bands. I hate britpop. The verve are even worse.

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM

I enjoy both bands, for different reasons. Blur writes more arty, almost punk-influenced pop songs. Stuff like Park Life, Coffee and TV are classics. Their last cd was pretty bad, save for a couple tracks. The last thing i heard was that Coxon had rejoined the band and that they were "thinking about writing new material".

I probably enjoy Oasis more overall. Personally i think Wonderwall is an average song by the guys, it really gets eclipsed by stuff like Don't Look Back in Anger. Also, i feel like Heathen Chemistry is their most overlooked album; which is unfortunate since it has some of their best stuff (Hindu Times, Songbird, ect).

i dont`t think blur`s last album (think tank) was bad,i think it was great,but the music was a bit weird for most people for being influenciated by african music,i also think it was the most artistic one they had,i think that the great escape and 13 were their worst stuff,but it`s only my own opinion,i see must people know only song 2 and coffe and tv,but i`d like them to listen to for tomorrow,that`s really a great song :)

jacknife737
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont`t think blur`s last album (think tank) was bad,i think it was great,but the music was a bit weird for most people for being influenciated by african music,i also think it was the most artistic one they had,i think that the great escape and 13 were their worst stuff,but it`s only my own opinion,i see must people know only song 2 and coffe and tv,but i`d like them to listen to for tomorrow,that`s really a great song :)

To each their own, i suppose. I'm glad you liked it; the only tracks that I really enjoyed were Ambulance and Out of Time.

Smash_Returns
02-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Blur.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis is the epitome of an asshole. (And Wonderwall is the only good Oasis song)

~|Vredina|~
02-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I like Oasis, even some people say that they have only one good song - "Wonderwall". It's not true...:rolleyes:
The same i can say about Blur then, "Song 2" is only good song they've done.

Paint_It_Black
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Right, plus the whole rivalry thing was nothing but bullshit publicity in the first place.

They were never similar bands, so comparing them is a bit silly. I liked both back in the day.

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
To each their own, i suppose. I'm glad you liked it; the only tracks that I really enjoyed were Ambulance and Out of Time.

well,yeah,did you listened to Caravan?God,that`s a beautiful song

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I like Oasis, even some people say that they have only one good song - "Wonderwall". It's not true...:rolleyes:
The same i can say about Blur then, "Song 2" is only good song they've done.

hell no,Song 2 is far away from being their best song,it is not even one of their best 20 songs,it`s so meaningless,Damon Albarn (Blur`s lead singer) even said that it`s only a Nirvana parody,is like if I`d say that The Offspring`s best song is Pretty Fly,it`s only their most popular one....

zsk
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
oasis sucks!!!
but song 2 from blur is fucking awesome!

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
apparently,this thread should have been named "Wonderwall" vs "Song 2"....

Llamas
02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Right, plus the whole rivalry thing was nothing but bullshit publicity in the first place.

They were never similar bands, so comparing them is a bit silly. I liked both back in the day.

I was gonna ask about this... why was there a rivalry? Because they were both British bands that got famous in the 90s? wtf, they sound nothing alike.

I like Song #2 but do NOT like Wonderwall at all.

ofsmurfsandpixies
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
the verve. end of really, they were always the better band, they just overdid it with the drugs, in oh such a romantic way.

jacknife737
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I was gonna ask about this... why was there a rivalry? Because they were both British bands that got famous in the 90s? wtf, they sound nothing alike.

Because Noel Gallagher is a cocky bastard.

You have it about right; in the 90s they were just about the biggest British bands on the planet, and the US music press lumped them together under the umbrella of "britpop" and their songs were competing in the charts with one another. There's even a wiki article on it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Britpop

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Muse pwns over Blur and Oasis.

renato piquette
02-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Muse pwns over Blur and Oasis.

muse has nothing to do with this,they are not britpop,they`re indie,an entire different world and age,and no,i don`t think they do over Blur

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
muse has nothing to do with this,they are not britpop,they`re indie,an entire different world and age,and no,i don`t think they do over Blur

I'm just stating my favorite british band. Blur is pretty good and Oasis sucks. Thats my final verdict.

~|Vredina|~
02-05-2009, 02:03 AM
hell no,Song 2 is far away from being their best song,it is not even one of their best 20 songs,it`s so meaningless,Damon Albarn (Blur`s lead singer) even said that it`s only a Nirvana parody,is like if I`d say that The Offspring`s best song is Pretty Fly,it`s only their most popular one....

Yes, that's right. But this discussion is becoming pointless because some people like Oasis more than Blur, and vice versa. Or may be hate both bands...

As I see, everyone here (except me) thinks that Oasis sucks...:D

MAXTER
02-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Coldplay vs. The Killers

findout5
02-05-2009, 03:49 AM
We should do a voting thread!

Oasis is so much better!

And it's typical american to say Song 2 rules! You never heard of Blur, except for that song! Beetlebum is way better and got less recognition.
I do like Blur, but Oasis are better songwriters, and have consistently made better records. Like the new one, which is fucking awesome!

mrconeman
02-05-2009, 03:56 AM

I like Song #2 but do NOT like Wonderwall at all.
It was about Oasis' Roll With It, and Blur's Parklife competing to be number 1 at the same time. Blur got the number 1, but then they dissapeared from the face of the earth. If there was a winner to all that crap, Oasis were it, by a long way. Wonderwall isn't that good of a song, and Oasis have alot of better stuff.

Pity The Verve got sweeped under the carpet because of all this, because they genuinely were more talented than Oasis or Blur could ever hope to be.

~|Vredina|~
02-05-2009, 04:22 AM
We should do a voting thread!

Oasis is so much better!

And it's typical american to say Song 2 rules! You never heard of Blur, except for that song! Beetlebum is way better and got less recognition.
I do like Blur, but Oasis are better songwriters, and have consistently made better records. Like the new one, which is fucking awesome!

Yes, yes, I totally agree! :) ;)

Trek
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I agree lol Blur is better. haha Here's one blur's cover to Elvis Costello's Oliver Army btw, which i uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZexXf0loCXk&feature=channel_page

renato piquette
02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I`m not saying that Blur were the best band,I think they both are at the same level,but I think that Blur are better songwritters,their songs are much deeper than Oasis`,also,Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon have shown that they are real talented and real musicians

Spike17
02-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I like Wounderwall by oasis and song 2 by blur but i like oasis better

renato piquette
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I like Wounderwall by oasis and song 2 by blur but i like oasis better

yep,this thread should have been named "wonderwall" vs "song 2" :rolleyes:

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
yep,this thread should have been named "wonderwall" vs "song 2" :rolleyes:

Well, that basically their two signature songs that people know them for.

Which sucks for Blur because they really don't like that song too much. I have heard their other stuff. My favorite, before I ever saw or heard Song 2, is a song called Coffee and TV. I saw it a long time ago and thought it was cool. I don't dig them that much, though, but they are a good band.

And Oasis. I don't know. Wonderwall was alright, but all their other stuff I heard it boring and uninteresting. I would say Blur is the better band of the two, but I haven't heard all their material to say for sure.

Budzy
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Maybe he just referred to an old rivalry? You should consider this before assuming that you travelled back in time. Much more probable.

I like Oasis more, but damn the singer has a big fucking mono-brow.

renato piquette
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
maybe he just referred to an old rivalry? You should consider this before assuming that you travelled back in time. Much more probable.

I like oasis more, but damn the singer has a big fucking mono-brow.

lol,yeah,he always reminds me of the planet of the apes

Alison
02-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Damon Albarn's hotness automatically makes Blur better:p

Really though, i don't like either band, except for maybe a singsong to few tracks.

ofsmurfsandpixies
02-07-2009, 03:20 PM
i just adore liam gallagher and his ignorance and his swagger,

''I'm into the girls fancying me and stuff, mad for it. Get a bit worried if boys started fancying me, definitely. I've got nothing against gays . . . as long as they don't pinch me on the bum or whatever.'' Liam Gallagher

hahahahaha

renato piquette
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
i just adore liam gallagher and his ignorance and his swagger,

''I'm into the girls fancying me and stuff, mad for it. Get a bit worried if boys started fancying me, definitely. I've got nothing against gays . . . as long as they don't pinch me on the bum or whatever.'' Liam Gallagher

hahahahaha

omg,what an airhead

renato piquette
02-08-2009, 01:21 PM
well, that basically their two signature songs that people know them for.

Which sucks for blur because they really don't like that song too much. I have heard their other stuff. My favorite, before i ever saw or heard song 2, is a song called coffee and tv. I saw it a long time ago and thought it was cool. I don't dig them that much, though, but they are a good band.

And oasis. I don't know. Wonderwall was alright, but all their other stuff i heard it boring and uninteresting. I would say blur is the better band of the two, but i haven't heard all their material to say for sure.

well,if you liked coffe and tv,you should listen to bittersweet bundle of misery by graham coxon,itīs like the remake of that song,plus,the one who sings coffe and tv,not damon albarn (the original singer),also,is it just me?or special delivery(the offspring) is kind of similar to song 2?