PDA

View Full Version : Best Rafrag video...so far!

medi01
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Kristy, YGGFK or Hammerhead?

Cock Joke
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
First place: YGGFK
Second: Kristy
Last: Hammerhead

Rutegard
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
kristy ..................

Grimesy da Offspringfan
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Kristy, no question. One of the best Offspring videos ever. I think we needed something like this :p

Hypodermic_89
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Hammerhead. I love the grainy atmosphere and symbolism. Also it goes great with the song.

MAXTER
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I Voted x KRISTY because I love to see the band in their videos....:rolleyes:

MAXTER
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
and Dexter is really cool in Kristy Video

KHWHD
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I picked Hammerhead just to piss everyone off. Muahahaaa... :D

Anka
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Definitely Kristy, but the two have also something interesting, but cannot beat Kristy...

Kennytar
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I picked Hammerhead just to piss everyone off. Muahahaaa... :D

Great job! Im so freaking pissed off now :rolleyes:

Kristy ofcourse - other two are those kind of videos that I never watch.

Alex101
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" was my favorite by far...

Tomasisko
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Hammerhead is the best. Kristy is too sweet...

Outerspaceman21
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I love them all, but I didn't really like the You're Gonna Go Far, Kid video. Didn't really fit the some for me.

I voted Kristy, but I also loved the Hammerhead video as well.

I think I like my concept of videos better.

Superdope
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Kristy, but YGGFK is a not so distant 2nd.

jacknife737
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

I just loved the concept and look behind this one.

Stylie
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I voted Kristy. That's for sure the video that will gain most "popularity", because it's a really nice and serious, typical musicvideo. Not like Hammerhead with "rotating pigs", heh.

BUT! Of course, Hammerhead got this hidden message too. but with pretty poor animation and the whole way video is, then nah...not good enough. A little too special, perhaps. ^^

On the other hand, I like You're Gonna Go Far, Kid better than the Hammerhead video. Also got an important message, and I really like the special effects/animation around the peeps. But in the end, I think I like Kristy video the best. Probably because it's a more typical and normal video, with Dexter in it too. Nice work ya did, it turned out really good!

Dex90
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
im kind of in disbelief that the offspring actually wrote and recorded a song like kristy, im in shock that they put it out as a single n i can't believe that they actually made a video for it!i can't believe that they would put out a song so clichè and so similar to all the other shit on the radio..honestly, i respect what the song is talking about but, apart from the sound of dexters voice, what sets is apart from all the other corporate radio shit out there?? what makes it different from shit like simple plan etc??i've been w8in 4 them to do something semi-acoustic for so long and i thought that when they eventually would, it would be something along the lines of a leave it behing style melody or something to that effect..but not this, this is torture it seriously sounds like prom music and the high school video story is so old!!y didn't they follow along the lines of hammerhead and release more serious,politically charged videos??
I have always accepted their commercial stuff and respected it because,although commercial, their songs were always original and set them aside from all the mainstream pre-packaged bullshit..i can't believe they went from risking a law suit from their record company to completely succumbing to it and releasing this cheesy prom dance jingle..lyrics aside

Rooster
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
i voted for Kristy. On the second place would be YGGF,K, and on the third place Hammerhead.

If we'd be rating the music however, it would be a complete opposite for me Only YGGF,K would still be in the second place :D)

_Lost_
02-02-2009, 05:06 PM
i think kristy is the best so far... but horribly horribly depressing...

Smash_Returns
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
1. YGGFK
2. (Very Close Second) Kristy
3. Hammerhead

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
omg,this thread should be "worst video",well,i liked kristy the most,even i don`t like that song and i love the song hammerhead,but it`s video sucked,also yggf,k`s sucked,kristy`s is average,meh,i guess i miss the band`s old humor

_Lost_
02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
omg,this thread should be "worst video"

been there done that. the next fucker to start a "worst" thread dies.

bouncingcoles
02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
hammerhead was so bad i wanted to cut myself. yggfk was better but still lame and kristy is cheesy and unoriginal but its decent.

Outerspaceman21
02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Arent music video's supposed to be cheesy and shit? Anyone who looks for the meaning of the song in a music video is a fucking moron.

It's all about the music for me, man. I don't if the offspring say they will never make another music video ever again. I don't care, as long they keep the music coming.

Bipolar Bear
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
kristy, because dexter actually shows up in that video rather than some rotating pig [no offense is intended to random rotating pig lovers]

Conspiracyof1000
02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I voted Kristy because the video had Dexter in it, plus it seemed more coherent.
It's about equal with YGGFK, though I could only vote for one. :P

Budzy
02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Kristy, because the song is a horrible song to make a video out of, and they pulled it off really well, and Dexter is in it. Hammerhead, the easiest song to make a video for, sucks more balls then ily2 and ftw-renton, and YGGFK has a forest nymph in it, and i can't help but be embaressed by the start of the video.

darea
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Kristy. I think it's really cool. And it's nice to see a bit of Dexter in it. And just the whole thing : nice!

IamSam
02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
True, this video is good, but YGGFK is much more original while sticking to what the song is about.

Hypodermic_89
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Anyone who voted Kristy simply Dexter shows up in the video is a fucking moron. Try to look deeper into the videos themselves, not just "OMFGX ITS DEXTURR <3"

I mean seriously, you all know what Dexter looks like, let alone the whole band. What's the big deal if they don't show up in their videos? They experiment new things with their songs, why can't they do that with videos?

darea
02-03-2009, 01:38 AM
I didn't just vote Kristy because Dexter was in the video. That was a plus, but I really liked the whole thing. The sort of scenario of the video. And all the way through, I like it. It seems all to go with the song, and I liked it much more than the other ones.

It's not just because dexter's in it, because if you just took all the rest of the video, without him in it, it would still have been good. The video makes you sorta understand more what the song might be about...

ad8
02-03-2009, 01:42 AM
I voted Kristy... I don't know why but I didn't really like the YGGFK story.

KyleW
02-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Looking at Kristy's huge majority win in this poll so far it seems that this thread should have been created in a month or so. I can guarentee that a lot of them Kristy votes are simply because of the initial hype that its just come out. Although to be fair I can see why people would vote it over the other two, its got Dexter in it.

I voted for YGGF,K but it was close. I really like the video for Kristy but I would much rather watch the YGGFK vid if I had to pick one.

Joyce
02-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Kristy

:D

Rutegard
02-03-2009, 04:34 AM
not just cause it has dex in it. i really like YGGFK video too.

but kristy one is deep and catch the message in the song (same does YGGFK - but that song can have dif meanings or dif prespectives). in kristy video there is just one story to tell! and the video do it greatly! also, the images are dark and cold. and it's a really SAD video, with a sad ending, how many videos do u know like that? i loved the end, when the guy just wont reach her and talk to her, THAT, my friend, means a lot :)

Camilamazed
02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Ah what the hell..

Everybody likes Kristy. I feel weird now.:(

Tomasisko
02-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Ah what the hell..

Everybody likes Kristy. I feel weird now.:(

I like Hammerhead more :cool:

Camilamazed
02-03-2009, 07:02 AM

Good to know. I was going to write that but then decided not to. =|

Bipolar Bear
02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I actually like the hammerhead videoclip better than YGGFK. I hated the YGGFK video. If anything, it's really boring compared to the hammerhead one. At least the hammerhead video tries to do something original and keeps your attention.

For me it's
Kristy > Hammerhead > YGGFK

~|Vredina|~
02-03-2009, 09:01 AM

I second that :);)

dr.vanessa
02-03-2009, 09:33 AM
i voted for You're Gonna Go Far, Kid cause the video is symbolic like a fairy tale and i love that:)
no2+:kristy
no3:hammerhead

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I voted for YGGFK because I like imaginary and the concept of the video more than the others.

maplejet
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Hammerhead is the best song of the 3...but man, the video is their worst to date.

I'd go with YGGFK

TRoffspring
02-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I love YGGFK and Kristy's vids..
I think the new Kristy vid is really good, perfectly fits the song:)
not so much Hammerhead, it was just kinda...weird;)

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 03:27 AM
I second that :);)

u guys are weird :p lol

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 05:01 AM
u guys are weird :p lol

lol we are weird? why? :D

~|Vredina|~
02-04-2009, 05:03 AM
lol we are weird? why? :D

May be because we don't think that "Kristy" is the best video from RAFRAG...:rolleyes:

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 05:06 AM
May be because we don't think that "Kristy" is the best video from RAFRAG...:rolleyes:

it is not weird... I think Rutegard is weird :D Do you think so, zaika? :)

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 05:07 AM
it is not weird... I think Rutegard is weird :D Do you think so, zaika? :)

:p ppl that think hammerhead video is best than kristy one MUST be weird :p in a good way of course lol

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 05:10 AM
:p ppl that think hammerhead video is best than kristy one MUST be weird :p in a good way of course lol

it's because Hammerhead is more "offspringish"

~|Vredina|~
02-04-2009, 05:16 AM

That's right. It has its own original concept, even it's animated and without band members. imo...

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 05:23 AM
I love offspringish The Offspring. There's nothing better in this fucked up world

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 05:47 AM

huummmmm for u maybe lol but i get your point :)

Free?
02-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Hammerhead is more "offspringish" song than Kristy, no doubt about that. However, in let's say 10 years, Kristy will be as "offspringish" as Hammerhead.
I can't agree that HH video is offspringish, not at all. Band never was into cheap animation and disturbing dark random symbolism if we speak about music vids.
Kristy is just a typical video that I would overlook if it wasn't Offspring song easily, Hammerhead would grab my attention.

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
However, in let's say 10 years, Kristy will be as "offspringish" as Hammerhead.

I hope you're wrong :D

huummmmm for u maybe lol but i get your point :)

just look at the videos from my signature. then you understand why Kristy is not exactly what I want :p

Free?
02-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I hope you're wrong :D

Aha, I see your point there ;]. But let me ask you something, is Pretty Fly offspringish or not? What about Pay the Man?

danitanev
02-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Voted for Kristy, but I like'em all - it's The Offspring anyway! :)

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Aha, I see your point there ;]. But let me ask you something, is Pretty Fly offspringish or not? What about Pay the Man?

Yeah of course. I love these songs. My eyeview on "offspringish" isn't one-way oriented (as All I Want, Hammerhead, Million Miles Away etc.) I love Why Don't You Get a Job, I love What Happened To You, I love Don't Pick It Up too. The point is these songs aren't so sweet as Kristy or Fix You. So can you understand me know? :)

Free?
02-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah of course. I love these songs. My eyeview on "offspringish" isn't one-way oriented (as All I Want, Hammerhead, Million Miles Away etc.) I love Why Don't You Get a Job, I love What Happened To You, I love Don't Pick It Up too. The point is these songs aren't so sweet as Kristy or Fix You. So can you understand me know? :)

I always understood your points, Tomas. But did you get my?
Back in the days, when Americana came out, Pretty Fly was bashed pretty much by Offspring fans because it wasn't "offspringish" back then. I bet they were saying the same thing that you say about Kristy. That Pretty Fly will never be a classic Offspring song. Now it is one. Same story about Pay the Man and any other non-typical song. All they need is few-several years to be considered as "offspringish".

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 08:09 AM
I always understood your points, Tomas. But did you get my?
Back in the days, when Americana came out, Pretty Fly was bashed pretty much by Offspring fans because it wasn't "offspringish" back then. I bet they were saying the same thing that you say about Kristy. That Pretty Fly will never be a classic Offspring song. Now it is one. Same story about Pay the Man and any other non-typical song. All they need is few-several years to be considered as "offspringish".

yeah I understood what you said. It is possible but I hope it woun't happen :) Killboy Powerhead (classic Offspring song in 90's) or Pretty Fly (classic Offspring song nowdays) are still punkrock for me. But Kristy and songs like that never will be

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah I understood what you said. It is possible but I hope it woun't happen :) Killboy Powerhead (classic Offspring song in 90's) or Pretty Fly (classic Offspring song nowdays) are still punkrock for me. But Kristy and songs like that never will be

You do know Killboy Powerhead was a cover. You might want to pick a better example.

and of course isn't punk rock. I see it as more Alternative rock-like, which is cool. I like the song, but I wouldn't call it punk rock.

Tomasisko
02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
You do know Killboy Powerhead was a cover. You might want to pick a better example.

and of course isn't punk rock. I see it as more Alternative rock-like, which is cool. I like the song, but I wouldn't call it punk rock.

Killboy Powerhead is a punkrock song :)

Bipolar Bear
02-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Yeah, obviously.

medi01
02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
wooo....2/3s of ppl voted for kristy :D

holland25
02-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes, and I'm one of them.

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM

Yes, a punk rock song indeed, but I was thinking of picking one of the Offspring punk rock songs.

holland25
02-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, a punk rock song indeed, but I was thinking of picking one of the Offspring punk rock songs.

It is one of Offspring punk rock songs. At least Didjits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wWqmKzpjME) think so.

Dragnet
02-05-2009, 01:41 PM
They are all equally sucky

RobinoZombie
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
:eek::eek:The Didjits Sounded fucking awesome live!

Tomasisko
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM

it doesn't matter which song from Ignition or Smash you pick as an example. My discussion with free wasn't about examples

Hypodermic_89
02-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Just for the record: The Didjits rock. They've always rocked.

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
it doesn't matter which song from Ignition or Smash you pick as an example. My discussion with free wasn't about examples

Yeah, this argument has gone to far. I don't know why I am even doing this.

Continue.

chicapowerpunk
02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I like the videos where the band appears.
I like to see the beautiful face of Dexter.

GunForHire
02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I have to admit, I've found myself watching the video quite a few times. One of my favourite Offspring vidoes of all time.

Manzanubrio
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I voted Kristy though it's the song I like the least, but it's the best video from RAF for the moment. HH and Kid ones are a shit, Kid video particularly. Both are so strange. Fucking gold guitar and animals!

Edit: I dont like any of these videos.

LEOFLOYD
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Kristy is really good video one of the best ever of the offspring

Oxygene
02-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Kristy fucking made me cry...

no contest here.

Puschka
02-08-2009, 12:07 PM
1º Kristy
2º YGGFK
3º Hammerhead

Free?
02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Kristy fucking made me cry...

no contest here.

I'm pretty sure that Hammerhead made even more people here cry back in the days =P.

Oxygene
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that Hammerhead made even more people here cry back in the days =P.

def not cause they could relate tho :)

iPunk247
02-15-2009, 11:08 PM
voted 4 kristy :.handsdown.: (duh)

KrispyNotKrunchy
02-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Kristy is by far the best. It followed the story line, the band was in it (Dexter was enough for this particular song), it was well written and acted out. It made me like the song more after seeing it.

YGGFK was mediocre... I didn't like the main guys acting, and the band wasn't in it. That's 2 strikes.

Hammerhead was ridiculous... I didn't understand the rotating pigs or the birds that turn into jets, and I hate fully animated videos, and I also want the band to be in it! That's 3 strikes.

...So Kristy

Ninty Man
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Does anyone felt that Kristy video was like Jeremy from Pearl Jam?

MaF
02-24-2009, 03:02 AM
YGGFK...
don't know why, maby i just like the idea...
Hammerhead is too "wanna be like".... like old-wise-band... but that's not their stylle...
Krissty is deffinetly the most sissy-missy viideo on stack

Jullie
02-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Kristy and Hammerhead. But i know that need vote something one. But i like all video of the offspring)

Offspring-Junkie
02-26-2009, 03:33 AM
I like YGGFK the most.