PDA

View Full Version : New Propagandhi Album

bighead384
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi dweebs,

So we’re officially announcing the release date for our new record “Supporting Caste”. It’s March 10th, 2009. We’re so excited about it that we even made a professional (-esque) press release for it! Look:

PROPAGANDHI – SUPPORTING CASTE

RELEASE DATE: MARCH 10TH 2009

Propagandhi are proud pleased delighted required to announce the release of their new album, Supporting Caste.

Recorded at the band’s own Illegal Combatant Studios and the world-renowned Blasting Room in Ft. Collins Colorado, Supporting Caste is the fifth full length release from Winnipeg’s Propagandhi.

Crafted in collaboration with Bill Stevenson (Black Flag, Descendents, Zeke, 7 Seconds), this 12 song collection of boundless power and depth is a 50 000 watt forward-thinking tip-of-the-hat to the giants — Voivod, Rush, SNFU, Sacrifice, Razor, Guilt Parade – that have gone before them.

Legendary and unrepentant residents of humankind’s ideological peanut-gallery, Propagandhi does not disappoint with Supporting Caste, launching crude rockets into the heart of the prevailing order with meditations that range in focus from the humane slaughter and consumption of non-vegans in an elaborate 18-course banquet (with wine pairings) to the apparent confusion of turning on the TV to watch a simple hockey game and having to wonder whether or not the Nazi’s actually lost the war after all.

Supporting Caste: 12 new laments, reveries and extrapolations from 4 visibly-aging prairie skids who still cannot believe that of all the gin joints in all the galaxies in all the universes, they had to be born on this one.

Supporting Caste will be released on March 10th, 2009 on G7 Welcoming Committee/Smallman Records.

SUPPORTING CASTE TRACK LISTING
Night Letters
Supporting Caste
Tertium Non Datur
Dear Coach’s Corner
This is Your Life
Human(e) Meat (The Flensing of Sandor Katz)
Potemkin City Limits
The Funeral Procession
Without Love
Incalculable Effects
The Banger’s Embrace
Last Will and Testament

Source: http://propagandhi.com/2009/01/311/

jacknife737
02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Meh.

I've never really been able to get into Propagandhi. Although i really did like Die Jugend Marschiert. Perhaps i'll give them another shot.

bighead384
02-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Meh.

I've never really been able to get into Propagandhi. Although i really did like Die Jugend Marschiert. Perhaps i'll give them another shot.

They can be a little rough around the edges at times. I initially wasn't too crazy about them, but now they're one of my favorite bands. So you should definitely give them another listen. Also, their music has changed a lot over their career, so if you've only heard a few songs, maybe you should consider that.

coke_a_holic
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Propagandhi's lyrics are ridiculous as well as some of the messages that they try to spread.

Their ex-bassist, John Samson, however, is the lead singer of my all time favorite band, so I keep trying see if Propagandhi isn't as bad as I remember them being. I'm always disappointed. The Weakerthans, however, have never disappointed me.

Just sayin'.

bighead384
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Propagandhi's lyrics are ridiculous as well as some of the messages that they try to spread.

Their ex-bassist, John Samson, however, is the lead singer of my all time favorite band, so I keep trying see if Propagandhi isn't as bad as I remember them being. I'm always disappointed. The Weakerthans, however, have never disappointed me.

Just sayin'.

I always thought they had good, really well thought out lyrics. What don't you like about them?

bighead384
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Listen to the whole album on their Myspace. It fucking ROCKS. It's some of the most technical punk I ever heard.

http://www.myspace.com/propagandhi

dff_punk
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Anything after "Less Talk, More Rock", seemed a bit mediocre to me.. which direction has this album taken?

bighead384
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Anything after "Less Talk, More Rock", seemed a bit mediocre to me.. which direction has this album taken?

The most intense, technical punk you've ever heard. Very cool.

bighead384
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
It's been well over a month since this album was released, and I still have it in heavy rotation. This album sticks with you like a motherfucker. Propagandhi really push the envelope with this one, and I totally recommend it to anyone who likes the idea of progressive punk.

jacknife737
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I actually picked up the new album. And while it's very good, and i'll be listening to it for quite a while, this band does not live up the hype that a lot of their fans give them.

RageAndLov
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Um, you titled this thread wrongly.
It is supposed to be called "Propagandi and their new album".

bighead384
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Um, you titled this thread wrongly.
It is supposed to be called "Propagandi and their new album".

I don't get the difference.

SweetTatyana
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Propagandhi is awesome.