PDA

View Full Version : Artist of the month, Feb '09: Thibault

Vera
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
http://www.mp3.com.au/thibaultkervarech

The songs are downloadable from there or in case the site is down, here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K65WAIZ6

Recommended tracks are Minor Boss Music, Plaquot and The Way It Used To Be.

Style, past, present etc

Kind of rock-inspired, I guess, but I've never put any limitations on myself and so there are a lot of genre-confused (I thought that was a great double-entendre) songs in my repertoire. I've gotten really into video game music and film compositions so I've taken my favorite elements of those things and tried to incorporate them. I started writing music about 5 years ago, and according to my files I've written about 80 songs, the majority of which are unlistenable and incredibly awful, but little by little I like to think that I've gotten better. I've also become a huge fan of just layering sounds over other sounds to get a really nice, full noise.

I'm currently working on a three-part song arc in which I'm trying to begin singing again. It began with The Way It Is, hit its middle with The Way It Used To Be, and will be done sometime this month.

And for the sake of repetition:
http://www.mp3.com.au/thibaultkervarech

---

Nobody came through to suggesting themselves OR each other as the Artist of the Month so I PM'ed Thibault, knowing he's active on the forums both as an artist and as a poster. So yeah, I don't mind doing it myself but would like suggestions... :]

Free?
02-06-2009, 02:37 AM
T rulez! A truly deserved "artist of the month" because he's (along with Homer and randman) like the oldest musician that still is here on forums, writing and experimenting.
A special mention should go to his Final Fantasy inspired album.
He's also a big contributor to "Your Band" section, which is somewhat active than ever before (I'm speaking like I'm an old member ;p).
T, am I guessing right about your upcoming song with vocals, the final piece of that trilogy, will be named like "The Way It'll Always Be" ? ;]

_Lost_
02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I totally approve.

ad8
02-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I can only repeat what Free? said: Thibault deserves the Artist of the month award since on the one hand, he contributes a lot to the Your Band section and on the other hand, he makes really nice and beautiful music. After the release of The Way It Used To Be, I'm curious on his further development.

T-6005
02-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Gotta say, even late in a short month, it's pretty sweet to be the artist of the month.

Love that you guys like me. Almost makes me wish I could make a living off of this - damn that stagefright!

Llamas
02-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I also approve of this. :) Though he did ignore my post where I asked for all his songs in a zip file. :(

Homer
02-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Good job, T. It is most definitely well deserved.

Almost makes me wish I could make a living off of this - damn that stagefright!

That never happens for anyone... D:

JohnnyNemesis
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
*throws panties on stage*

Wait, Artist of the Month for February? Does this mean Thibault is officially black now?

Okay, seriously now, kudos to you and your awesome music. You're very deserving.

wheelchairman
02-09-2009, 11:28 AM
*throws panties on stage*

Wait, Artist of the Month for February? Does this mean Thibault is officially black now?

Okay, seriously now, kudos to you and your awesome music. You're very deserving.

Vera's from Finland. So far she's seen a total of 10 people and none of them were black. Think Brendan Frasier as he walks out of his crazy parents' bomb shelter in Blast from the Past (whoa I suck).

I would recommend that people listen to Damn You, Balthazar. All it needs is a voice over (preferably Thi's).

T-6005
02-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks to all of you.

I definitely plan on finishing another song with vocals by the end of the month, but I've started and then completely scrapped two projects already. I really enjoyed what I had going on with The Way It Used to Be, but it's harder to recreate that type of vibe than you'd think. For me, anyway.

Llamas
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Thibault, you've ignored my request twice now. I no longer like you. :(

T-6005
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
It's hard to find all the songs. I could try and get all the ones that are on the site together, one way or another. Should be something like 24 or 25 tracks.

I'll see what I can do when I get back.

Llamas
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I guess if you can't get them all, that'd be fine... it'd just be awesome to be able to grab all the songs at once and put them in winamp. :)

T-6005
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Alright, I put all of the mp3.com.au songs together. I think that's all of them. Should be about 23 or 24. It's pretty much everything I've actually released in the last year and a half plus three or four throwbacks (two songs in there are actually from high school!).

Enjoy! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6QH8NFL)

Llamas
02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you! I'm excited!

randman21
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Wow, you've been more active in the last than I thought. Congrats, by the way.

T-6005
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, my time as Artist of the Month is very nearly up, and I haven't put anything out in that month. It's unfortunate. The song I said I was working on and even started the Writer's Block thread about is finally coming along, though. I've finished all of the instruments - Drums, Church Organ, Strings, Guitar, a few synthy things, and it all sounds pretty awesome. All I've got left to do are the voices.

This song was originally going to be kind of the ultimate melding of my video game phase and the newfound lyrics-based songwriting I was working on, but I couldn't come up with lyrics so they're going to be in fairly short supply. All the same, I think it's going to be a fairly kickass song if I can get the voice right, because the rest sounds awesome.

Just wanted to mention it now since by the time I finish it I will no longer be stickied - goodbye free publicity!

I also hope most of you enjoyed the RAR file I put up.

ad8
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice to hear some news:D I'm going to search your song in your thread when it's done. I also think that it's a cool idea to resume your time as the artist of the month:)

On a side note: If Vera is not a mod anymore, will the Artist Of The Month award survive the changes? I think that this is a really cool thing that we should try to keep alive.