PDA

View Full Version : Your Band Ideas Thread

T-6005
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
So I actually imagine this as a sticky.

Since we're developing quite a little community here, I figured Your Band-wide ideas or releases could be posted in this thread. Ideas like "RAFRAG covered by you" or "Cover other Your Band artists" or "BBS Mixtape 18" belong here.

For example - ideas I've had.

BBS Your Band conceptual album. We think of a concept and each band is told where in the concept their song lies, and they write an appropriate track and BAM.

OR

Every band is told to cover a song they like but that their band generally doesn't play. Chaos ensues.

OR

BBS Your Band NINJAM night. (For those who don't know what NINJAM is look it up)

Anything like that - and we could link to the appropriate thread within this one. Like a collective Your Band database.

Outerspaceman21
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
That sounds cool.

I'm up for it.

My abilities as a guitar player and songwriter are availible.

randman21
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Heh, I've never heard of NINJAM and didn't look it up, but context clues tell me that it is awesome (I would have to learn to improv if I wanted to participate, though).

So yeah, I'm completely into all three ideas. And the overall concept.

Thomas
02-07-2009, 12:11 AM
How about something like someone posts some sheet music/tabs/whatever and have someone else play it? I dunno. I'm dumb.

EDIT: I just remembered a cool idea another message board I frequent has. One person lays down a drum track or guitar track, and everybody lays their own track on top of it, just too see many interpretations of the same rhythm/riff. It's cool seeing what some people do with that sort of thing.

Llamas
02-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I had an idea earlier related to that game where someone names a song, and you have to look it up and listen to it... and then name another song for the next person.

Only someone names a song, and then the next person who posts has to record a cover... then after they post the cover, they can pick another song that someone else has to cover... and it goes on.

Superdope
02-08-2009, 04:51 AM
EDIT: I just remembered a cool idea another message board I frequent has. One person lays down a drum track or guitar track, and everybody lays their own track on top of it, just too see many interpretations of the same rhythm/riff. It's cool seeing what some people do with that sort of thing.

This. I've always toyed around with the idea of having the instruments down, and seeing what someone else would do with it.

Also, I think it would be cool if you were making a song and needed something extra, be it a riff, a backing vocal, whatever, and then you could come on here and ask around, maybe even have someone on the boards participate.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, didn't Lost and someone else do this at one point?

randman21
02-08-2009, 05:08 AM
This. I've always toyed around with the idea of having the instruments down, and seeing what someone else would do with it.

Also, I think it would be cool if you were making a song and needed something extra, be it a riff, a backing vocal, whatever, and then you could come on here and ask around, maybe even have someone on the boards participate.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, didn't Lost and someone else do this at one point?
I've always been fond of this idea. I used to lurk around a forum that had a subsection devoted to just this (back before I had any instruments), but I can't even remember what it was anymore.

This reminds me...where are my backing vocals for Fifty-First in Line, Karin?:(

_Lost_
02-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Kind of yeah. Llamas had written a song and I asked if I could add a melody to it.

This reminds me...where are my backing vocals for Fifty-First in Line, Karin?:(

OMG OH YEAH! I totally forgot I was working on those. uhh... I have some time today. I'll try to finish them.

Llamas
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Also, coneman is working on getting a mic because I originally asked him to record a guitar solo for said song.

Coneman and I have wanted to collaborate with a few people who post here for quite some time... particularly Thibault and Coke.