PDA

View Full Version : blink back together

bouncingcoles
02-08-2009, 07:25 PM
it was only a matter of time. iv been telling people they were going to get back together since the hiatus first started

Bipolar Bear
02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Haha I just told this girl who's a big fan of blink about this and she started crying..[happily ;p]

Cock Joke
02-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Link!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That is such excellent news!!!

Bipolar Bear
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Link!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That is such excellent news!!!

We don't have proof yet but a bunch of people said they heard it about it at the grammys a few hours ago [see the other blink thread]

Bipolar Bear
02-08-2009, 07:57 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

randman21
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
lol, dammit Bipolar. I've been fooled twice by your sig.

Bipolar Bear
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Youtube Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVSd1Dmbwm4

Yep they're getting back together

Cock Joke
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
YeS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Youtube Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVSd1Dmbwm4

Yep they're getting back together

thanks of all nights this is the night my tivo breaks :(

Llamas
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
...I liked +44 a lot more than Blink's last three albums.

I hate everything about Tom, and so +44 just took the good parts of modern Blink and got rid of the shit. But I do still like the first 3 Blink albums alright.

Alex101
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
It's good that Blink's getting back together. Now that that's happened, I wonder what Mark and Travis are going to do with +44 and what Tom is going to do with Angels & Airwaves.

0r4ng3
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I wonder what Mark and Travis are going to do with +44
I thought they already broke up in favor of Mark's solo album.

Outerspaceman21
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Hmm, I hope the put out a good record.

Llamas
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I thought they already broke up in favor of Mark's solo album.

Didn't know about Mark's solo album... I don't really think he's talented enough a musician to pull off a solid solo album, but I'd still be interested in checking it out.

Anyone know anything about that? Is he gonna release it?

I'd rather hear a Mark solo album or another +44 album than another Blink album...

IamSam
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, he said in an interview that he was working on a solo album and released these two videos.

Vid 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLWbYhycHPg)

Vid 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Q8bWc-Iag&feature=related)

+44 is most definitely kaput, seeing that both Shane and Craig have other bands as it is.

EDIT: I would bet that the concert poster posted in the actual Blink-182 thread is the real deal because from the band we get this:

Hi. We’re blink-182. This past week there’ve been a lot of questions about the current status from us. To put is simply, We’re back.We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again. Friendships reformed. 17 years deep in our legacy.

Summer 2009

Thanks and get ready…

RageAndLov
02-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Oh no! I thought we were rid of them once and for all :(

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh no! I thought we were rid of them once and for all :(

Same here. Fucking a...

THIS YEAR IS GONNA SUCK!!!

Thomas
02-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, shit. I'm excited!

Offspring-Junkie
02-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Blink182 reunited. Awesome.

dff_punk
02-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Good news everyone!

MasteR GunneR
02-09-2009, 08:12 AM
I always wanted to see them live but never had the chance to do so.
therefore, this day is fucking EPIC!

batfish
02-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I am so ridiculously excited! Blink is one of the few bands I'm always in the mood to listen to.

Also, lol @ Atom

(however much I also enjoy Angels and Airwaves)

Rooster
02-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Now who didn't see this coming?

Not my favorite band now, but damn their songs bring back some good memories. Glad they're back.

I hope they won't continue in the same vein as their last studio album though. Mature blink just aren't blink, their songs were supposed to make you laugh. Don't get me wrong, some of the songs from their last album are very good (Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind), but i think it worked better for them to be funny and immature, and that doesn't work for all bands...

Anyway good news.

wheelchairman
02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Whoa blink broke up?

They sucked ever since they started trying to be serious.

It was vaguely reminiscent of Eminem trying to be serious.

"Hey guys you just ...aren't that deep..."

Thomas
02-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Whoa blink broke up?

They sucked ever since they started trying to be serious.

It was vaguely reminiscent of Eminem trying to be serious.

"Hey guys you just ...aren't that deep..."

There's a penis joke in there somewhere....

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
it was only a matter of time. iv been telling people they were going to get back together since the hiatus first started

All I can say is ... heaven help us :eek:

jacknife737
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Many, many, many of you wrote in with the news that Blink-182 is reunited. The band made this statement:
This past week there’ve been a lot of questions about the current status of the band, and we wanted you to hear it straight from us. To put it simply, We're back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again. Friendships reformed. 17 years deep in our legacy.
The band split up after 2003's Blink 182.

http://www.punknews.org/article/32267

So i guess all the side-projects are officially on hold. Still, really excited for the new album.

Rooster
02-09-2009, 11:12 AM
So i guess all the side-projects are officially on hold. Still, really excited for the new album.

I actually never cared much for their side projects. I mean, +44 was not so bad, but i never really got into them. I'm just glad that blink are back. I'll always have something for this band. Even though i prefer harder style(s) of music, their songs are just so damn catchy. I deffinitely look forward to their new album. Maybe it's going to be a mixture between their immaturity (since the songs from that era were their most popular) and mature side (considering where Tom wanted to take the band). But i hope they begin writing some lyrics that you can laugh your ass of listening too, that's what they were the best at :)

AVA on the other hand... I hope they disappear. That band was just one big FAIL in my opinion.

Alison
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Cool! Let's hope it's a good album!
I thought i had missed out on the chance of ever seeing them

Superdope
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
There's a penis joke in there somewhere....

It's just so small, you can't find it....

Bipolar Bear
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I always wanted to see them live but never had the chance to do so.
therefore, this day is fucking EPIC!

Same! Mark has talked about how if they ever came back, it'd have to be the craziest best tour ever. Sounds nice!

medi01
02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Wooooooooooooooo fucking hell yeah!!!!!!!!!

randman21
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
btw, how can anyone have seen this coming? It was apparently a very acrimonious break up, and it took a member almost being burned alive to get them talking again, after three years. I certainly didn't see it coming (until after they started talking again, of course).

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-09-2009, 03:12 PM
not a huge fan of Blink, but if it means silencing Angles and Adjectives, I'm alllllllll for it.

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
not a huge fan of Blink, but if it means silencing Angles and Adjectives, I'm alllllllll for it.

I didn't think of it that way...

WOOO, YAY, BLINK IS BACK!!!

Rooster
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
btw, how can anyone have seen this coming? It was apparently a very acrimonious break up, and it took a member almost being burned alive to get them talking again, after three years. I certainly didn't see it coming (until after they started talking again, of course).

Well, i always had THAT feeling, even before the accident. They were way too successfull for this not to happen, more than AVA or +44. I just had a feeling that the reunion could happen, but after the accident and the news they were friends again i was almost sure it will happen at some point.

And when i sense something's going to happen, i'm usually right...:D

jacknife737
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM

But then who will start the machine?

cool 2 hate 681
02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
apparently atom:confused:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e309/flavinha182/atom21.png

jacknife737
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
*pic*

Where is that from?

cool 2 hate 681
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
i found it here http://www.tomsangels.com/forum/showthread.php?p=68282#post68282

Bipolar Bear
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Haha atom my poor friend...You wish :rolleyes:

Cock Joke
02-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Just let it die, Atom. Just...let...it...die!

Cock Joke
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Whoooooooooooaaawhoawhaowhao...movie??????????

randman21
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
There are no misspellings and no exclamation points. I refuse to believe that's Atom.

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Whoooooooooooaaawhoawhaowhao...movie??????????

Yeah, apparently they thought there albums were so epic, they decided to turn them into a movie named after their second album.

Bipolar Bear
02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, apparently they thought there albums were so epic, they decided to turn them into a movie named after their second album.

lmao and I wouldn't be surprised if they released a book too

Cock Joke
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM

That is some sad shit.

Autonomist
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I like how right after saying their new record will be different Atom says "it WILL be awesome."

Bipolar Bear
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I like how right after saying their new record will be different Atom says "it WILL be awesome."

Haha!
Well it sure can't be worse :rolleyes:

IamSam
02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
A picture says a thousand words.

http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/images/dsc-6622.jpg

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Haha!
Well it sure can't be worse :rolleyes:

You never know, I've seen bands get worse over time (Green Day)

And if he has to reassure us it will be great, then no wonder he got Blink back together.

"I'm sick of sucking. I need Mark and Travis... they were my souldmates..."

IamSam
02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
A picture says a thousand words.

http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/images/dsc-6622.jpg

Also they updated merchandise and their logo slightly in case anyone cares.

Rooster
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Riiight...

Wake up Atom, it's over. I bet you wish you never left The Offspring now...

edit: and that picture says it all, IamSam

zsk
02-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Haha I just told this girl who's a big fan of blink about this and she started crying..[happily ;p]

lol :D
i was a blink fan,too but i was 12 at this time,but i still like their music,but not as much as antecedent
i hope they're going to make a new album,maybe it'll be a good one

Bipolar Bear
02-10-2009, 09:10 AM
The movie thing is so overambitious it's just ridiculous
I hope someone pierces atom's bubble and he realizes how shitty his band is..

Jesus
02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
shame about the next +44 album... I'm still hoping system of down will stop their hiatus in 2010, although it's very unlikely.

Ninty Man
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Bah, they sucked when they were cool, and they will suck now. +44 was so good, I mean, at least solid

Outerspaceman21
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh, dear god. Please stop System of a Down from reforming.

I hate them now. Can't stand their music. It's so annoying now.

I'd take Blink-182 over System of a Down anyday.

randman21
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Bah, they sucked when they were cool, and they will suck now. +44 was so good, I mean, at least solid
+44 sucked, and YOU suck!

Bipolar Bear
02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
+44 was good but blink is better

Budzy
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I head about this. A lot. That's like the new conversatin starter here, 'Hey, how are you? BLINK 182 IS GETTING BACK TOGETHER!'.
It's good that they are, although I haven't been really into them, I have their Greatest Hits and I enjoy that, but that's about it.
I'd still rather System of a Down get back together.

So will they tour or produce a new album then tour do you reckon?

jacknife737
02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Apparently they're in the studio right now; so they'll probably put out the album before launching their official tour. Although they may play the odd show prior to its release.

randman21
02-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Apparently they're in the studio right now; so they'll probably put out the album before launching their official tour. Although they may play the odd show prior to its release.
I agree. But if they were smart, they'd play TODAY. Widespread excitement couldn't get any higher.

Rooster
02-11-2009, 07:51 AM

+44 sucked, and YOU suck!

+44 was good but blink is better

Poll? :D

choose between:

*blink 128 suck, +44 is good
*+44 sucked, and YOU suck
*+44 was good, blink is better

*And the money.
you know what i mean, randman :D

Outerspaceman21
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Poll? :D

choose between:

*+44 sucked, and YOU suck
*+44 was good, blink is better

*And the money.
you know what i mean, randman :D

AND YOU SUCK!!!

IamSam
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Stop it. Seriously, if you wanna act like kids go to the Post Count thread or create a new poll.

Mark Hoppus blogged a link to an MTV (yikes) article by a music writer that wonders if Blink-182 will change the world of music. Here is my opinion from a lover of pop-punk.

Blink-182 can only 'change the world of music' if they go back to their Dude Ranch through Take Off Your Pants and Jacket days. If they release another album like self titled then the norm will continue with all the current bands that are so popular. If they go back to their dirty humor and fun songs then quite possibly other bands may follow suit seeing that it seems that the entire world runs on trends. They are influential (Panic! was Blink cover band and FOB and NFG is tight with Hoppus) and it would be nice if they could help turn around the sad and sappy state of the mainstream music industry.

That's just my opinion.

Ninty Man
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Stop it. Seriously, if you wanna act like kids go to the Post Count thread or create a new poll.

Mark Hoppus blogged a link to an MTV (yikes) article by a music writer that wonders if Blink-182 will change the world of music. Here is my opinion from a lover of pop-punk.

Blink-182 can only 'change the world of music' if they go back to their Dude Ranch through Take Off Your Pants and Jacket days. If they release another album like self titled then the norm will continue with all the current bands that are so popular. If they go back to their dirty humor and fun songs then quite possibly other bands may follow suit seeing that it seems that the entire world runs on trends. They are influential (Panic! was Blink cover band and FOB and NFG is tight with Hoppus) and it would be nice if they could help turn around the sad and sappy state of the mainstream music industry.

That's just my opinion.

But is not even pop-punk, is something like shit with pee...

Well, I really liked +44 when I heard them, I tought they were pretty solid, but meh... Blink was boring

Rooster
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM

AND YOU SUCK!!!

Hmm, never actully thought that my post would be taken seriously... It was more "if you are going to argue about who sucks and who does not, why don't you just make a poll instead and stop arguing here" type of post...Probably adding that smileys was a bad idea...

And thanks, i'm aware i suck, i appreciate it.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'd like to see that happen, IamSam, it would kind of bring back the good memories. But i'm sure that while they could start writing immature songs again, the serious songs will stay (it's not a bad thing, but it should be only 2 or 3 per album, more just doesn't work right for them). Let's see what future brings.

Bipolar Bear
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM

That's just my opinion.

Exactly, this emo trend mustn't continue,
we need some good old blink-182.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
I really didn't care for the last Blink album save for a few songs, their projects since they broke up were boring, but albums like Dude Ranch and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket were awesome and fun times. I hope they go back to their fun music.

IamSam
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Apparently Tom has been updating a few people through Modlife and this is what is new:

* AVA movie pushed back. May be release with the new CD.
* Next AVA record may sound like new Blink cd.
* Blink not doing much touring. But he did say they will be touring in a big event this summer. which could be warped tour, but no further info was given.
* Blink modlife a real possibility. Tom also said that both Mark and Travis like the idea about it. He also said that since he and the rest of everyone on AVA modlife are tied together, he might make the blink modlife free for ppl who suscribe to AVA.
* AVA might not be touring, not in studio this year because Tom is in the studio with Blink.
* Blink is NOT temporary. They will be releasing their album this year, as well as touring.
* Blink and AVA modlifes might be 2 for the price of 1.
* Tom ALMOST played part of a blink demo, but he decided not to because he knew that it would be bootleged all over and that he should talk to Mark and Travis about it first.
* David, Matt, and Atom are apparently working on their own project down in the studio that tom said he will tell us later about.

http://www.182online.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/lightsaber-1.jpg

This image also comforts me....lets me know that somewhere in that egotistical person is that goofy retard all Blink fans know and love.

randman21
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
*looks up what the hell modlife is*

Thanks for the update. My only response is that I'm glad Tom didn't play the demo. I don't want to hear anything at all until the album is out. But, just like with the Offspring album, if something does leak, I won't even try to refrain.

Cock Joke
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
* Next AVA record may sound like new Blink cd.

FUCK I'm nervous.

0r4ng3
02-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I'd be more nervous if new blink CD sounded like next AVA record.

bighead384
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
LOL imagine if Blink 182, Greenday, and The Offspring did a big tour. They could sell out any venue.

IamSam
02-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Blink-182 will easily sell out their first venue by themselves. If that poster in the other thread was right, I'd sure as hell want to go to that concert with all the other bands too.

Bipolar Bear
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Blink-182 will easily sell out their first venue by themselves. If that poster in the other thread was right, I'd sure as hell want to go to that concert with all the other bands too.

I second that - Blink is huge.

Apparently Tom has been updating a few people through Modlife and this is what is new:

Thanks for the info. Good news!

IamSam
02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
New interview with Mark Hoppus: Alt Press Article (http://altpress.com/features/324.htm)

Brief Points

-Song ideas are many he has had for a while.
-He loves how Travis and Tom change the songs from what's in his mind to something new.
-Expect it to be somewhat like their last album from the standpoint of musical freedom.
-He doesn't want to call +44 done because, obviously, Blink wasn't done so why should it.
-They are six songs into the new album and things are moving fast. Hoping for a 2009 release and are just now getting on the phones about a tour this summer.

MAXTER
02-20-2009, 04:54 AM
I'm so happy:rolleyes:

jacknife737
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I really doubt we'll hear from +44 again, until Blink goes on another "hiatus". And despite what Tom says, i feel the same thing with AVA.

Still, i'm excited about the new album, their self-titled album seems to have gotten better with age, well except for the song "Down", which is still terrible.

randman21
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I thought Down was "eh, okay" compared to some of the others, though I admit to only listening to the ones I don't like a few times. Anything like "Obvious" or "Here's Your Letter" will be welcomed with open arms.

IamSam
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Still, i'm excited about the new album, their self-titled album seems to have gotten better with age, well except for the song "Down", which is still terrible.

Ditto. Always a fan of Feeling This, Obvious, Easy Target, Go, Asthenia, and Violence. Not so much of a fan of Down.

WerGee
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
LOL imagine if Blink 182, Greenday, and The Offspring did a big tour. They could sell out any venue.

lol :D..hell yeah

IamSam
04-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Update time-(It has been awhile...)

-Blink is rehearsing for the summer
-Mark Hoppus is going to produce Motion City Soundtracks new album
-They shot some sort of video today that WASN'T a music video.
-Mark has been throwing around an octopus logo/toy/idea that is all over his himynameismark homepage. Plus, it seems they have revamped the blink bunny.
-Mark also received a new signature bass. (If anyone cares)
-Everything is pretty hush hush about this summer and what is going to happen.
-And there you go. Brief rundown.

Bipolar Bear
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Blink's website is my #1 source for funny videos. Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBb4cjjj1gI

IamSam
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
The tour is on. Dates are July 24th-October. Fall Out Boy and Weezer will be opening.
http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/images/image001.jpg

IamSam
05-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Blink are playing right now at TMobile fest or something.

http://qik.com/video/1673130

Poor live feed. But there you go.

They will also be playing Leno Monday and Tuesday.

Paint_It_Black
05-15-2009, 02:53 AM

Yeah, totally. They all have a lot of experience at selling out...

Seriously though, that would be pretty cool. I saw Greenday and Blink together with Jimmy Eat World opening for them and it was awesome. I remember someone was handing out Avril Lavigne armbands and nobody at the time had any fucking idea who she was. Good times.

cool 2 hate 681
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Here are Blink-182’s upcoming tour dates:

July 24: Las Vegas (the Joint)
July 28: Vancouver (GM Place)
July 30: Calgary, AB (Saddledome)
July 31: Edmonton, AB (Rexall Place)
Aug. 1: Saskatoon, SK (Credit Union Center)
Aug. 2: Winnipeg, MB (MTS Centre)
Aug. 4: Milwaukee (Marcus Amphitheater)
Aug. 6: Boston (Comcast Center)
Aug. 7 Quebec City, QC (Colisee Pepsi)
Aug. 8: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Aug. 9: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon Theater at Jones Beach)
Aug. 12: Hershey, Pa. (the Star Pavilion)
Aug. 13: Cincinnati (Riverbend Music Center)
Aug. 14: Pittsburgh (Post Gazette Pavilion)
Aug. 15: Chicago (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
Aug. 16: Omaha, Neb. (Westfair Amphitheater)
Aug. 18: Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center)
Aug. 20: Indianapolis (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Aug. 21: Buffalo, N.Y. (Darien Lakes Performing Arts Center)
Aug. 22: Detroit (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug. 23: Toronto (Molson Amphitheater)
Aug. 25: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Aug. 27: Saratoga, N.Y. (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)
Aug. 28: Camden, Pa. (Susquehanna Bank Center)
Aug. 29: Hartford, Conn. (New England Dodge Music Center)
Aug. 30: Washington, D.C. (TBD)
Aug. 31: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon Theater at Jones Beach)
Sept. 2: Cleveland (Blossom Music Center)
Sept. 3: St. Louis (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 4: Kansas City, Kan. (Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone)
Sept. 6: Denver (Fiddlers Green Amphitheater)
Sept. 7: Salt Lake City (David O. McKay Events Center)
Sept. 10: Seattle (White River Amphitheater)
Sept. 12: Sacramento, Calif. (Sleep Train Amphitheater)
Sept. 13: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheater)
Sept. 14: Santa Barbara, Calif. (Santa Barbara Bowl)
Sept. 16: San Diego (Cricket Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 17: Irvine, Calif. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Sept. 19: Phoenix (Tempe Beach Park)
Sept. 21: Albuquerque, N.M. (Journal Pavilion)
Sept. 23: Dallas (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Sept. 24: Houston (Superpages.com Center)
Sept. 26: West Palm Beach, Fla. (Cruzan Amphitheater)
Sept. 27: Tampa, Fla. (Ford Amphitheater)
Sept. 29: Atlanta (Lakewood Amphitheater)
Oct. 1: Charlotte, N.C. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Oct. 2: Virginia Beach, Va. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Oct. 3: Atlantic City, N.J. (Borgata Events Center)

from http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/?p=661

jacknife737
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Their Toronto show is only a couple days after my birthday... i may actually go to that, if some of my friends are willing to come. I wonder if they'll play any new stuff on Leno?

IamSam
05-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure and certain that I'm going to the Minneapolis show August 18.

Alison
05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
And aparently no euopean tour til next summer, uugggh.

Bipolar Bear
05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Aug. 7 Quebec City, QC (Colisee Pepsi)

Fuck yes! dick milk

cool 2 hate 681
05-16-2009, 05:14 PM
i think blink will be the surprise headliner at tonights kroq weenie roast and will play after the travis barker/dj am set

IamSam
05-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I doubt it. I don't even think Mark is going.

lucys_bad_habit
06-04-2009, 06:42 AM
And aparently no euopean tour til next summer, uugggh.

yea...that sucks :mad::mad::mad:

Bipolar Bear
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Gay. They cancelled the show in my city. :(

mynamewastaken
06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

sux for you =]

:D

IamSam
06-06-2009, 08:13 AM

Isn't it just postponed? I would think that they will come later. Did you already buy tickets?

I just got my tickets ordered (FLOOR!!) for the Minneapolis show. I'm really fighting the urge to relay to you all what a good mood I'm in.

Bipolar Bear
06-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Isn't it just postponed? I would think that they will come later. Did you already buy tickets?

I just got my tickets ordered (FLOOR!!) for the Minneapolis show. I'm really fighting the urge to relay to you all what a good mood I'm in.

I'd hope so. That being said they don't even have a single show scheduled in Ontario so having at least one in Quebec looks reasonable, this isn't a huge tour and their Montreal show is still on.

Have fun at the show!

jacknife737
06-06-2009, 11:40 AM
They're playing Toronto on Aug 23rd.

I'm probably not going though.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure and certain that I'm going to the Minneapolis show August 18.

I won't be going to the show, but hit me up. Maybe we can meet up.

On one hand, I think it's awesome that they wanna be more creative and less pathetic... but on the other hand, I just didn't care for the self titled, and AVA was shittastic. There are a lot of directions this could go in, and I'm the kind of person who always gives bands with shitty reputations a new chance when they change (hey, I'm a fan of Hanson and Chumbawamba, despite the shit they released in 1997 :P). So even though I cringe at the thought of new Blink songs, I'll give it a shot when it comes out, and maybe I won't hate it. I did dig +44, and I remember liking the Boxcar Racer album. So we'll see...

IamSam
06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll be going to it as I got floor tickets today. I'll see what I can do.

On their new album: From what I've been hearing, it sounds like their song they will release before tour sounds like Box Car Racer/the songs Easy Target/Stockholm Syndrome. Which I'm a fan of.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 12:51 PM
All this talk made me decide to listen to their self titled album because I haven't listened to it in years. I just realized now that I don't have the entire album... just 10 songs. So I'm listening to those while I download the rest.

I gotta say, this is a million times better than AVA... but I really just despise Tom's voice, and their lyrics are so god-awful. They were a lot better at writing stupid lyrics than trying to be deep. However, musically I can tolerate it. I mean, musically AVA isn't so bad, either (though pretty repetitive and over-produced... which this sort of is, too).

I guess in order for me to really like what Blink releases, the following would have to be true:
- Mark sings more than Tom (though how Tom sings in Stockholm Syndrome doesn't bother me - it works better when he sort of yells than when he tries to sing).
- They allow themselves to write dumb lyrics instead of trying so hard...
- They go off the musical sounds of AVA and the self titled Blink album, but expand quite a bit.

I'll never get over what a fucking douche Tom is, though, unless he formally apologizes and announces intentions to change.

jacknife737
06-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I used to hate their Self-Titled album with a passion; but i've really changed my opinion. I still think "Down" is the worst song they've ever written, but stuff like Stockholm Syndrome and Violence are easily their best songs.

AVA was pretty bad, but they still managed to have their moments. The Adventure was a solid tune, as was Rite Of Spring, ect.

Llamas
06-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I listened to those three songs already, and I think Stockholm Syndrome sounds good... I didn't think Violence was that great, and Down just seemed meh. I don't see it as been stand out awful. I definitely don't like I'm Lost Without You... and well, I Miss You is just so boring. Asthenia is too much Tom singing. Not a fan.

IamSam
06-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Down is a horrible song. But Stockholm Syndrome is one of my favorites. I think their songwriting will be somewhat better. I really enjoyed the lyrics of +44 so I think that whatever Mark brings to the table will be good, but to be honest I have no idea what Tom can bring for lyrics due to the fact that I hated AVA from the moment I listened to it. Tried to give them chances, they failed miserably.

SweetTatyana
06-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,
I just got some blink tickets as well :) but if anyone needs the pre-sale pw its stimulus

IamSam
06-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey guys,
I just got some blink tickets as well :) but if anyone needs the pre-sale pw its stimulus

Congrats! :)

Update of Blink news by me because I'm bored:

Tom's singing has improved since the horrible Leno performance and is actually at his best when drunk.

They went to Kimmel to play a couple songs and broke out into a 7-9 song concert. They played Josie for the first time in 7 years.

They ran through their concert set list of 27 some odd songs and it ran for two hours. Mark sat down the next day and attempted to cut it down and couldn't.

They will release a song called "Up All Night" before the tour. Tom has some bullshit comparison to Rush and Pink Floyd while an independent source compares it to the Untitled Blink album mixed with Box Car Racer.

And for the little tidbit that proves I have no life:
Mark has a new set of basses with pickups that are swapped from his old ones. They are White (with an octopus sticker), all black, and hot pink with pearl pickguard.

My work here is done.

para_bellum
06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Ыыыыы!