PDA

View Full Version : Tool's got another album!

Alex101
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
According to Blabbermouth.net (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114063), Tool are apparently writing another album to be released this year. This is what their lead guitarist Adam Jones said:

"It's been coming along... great! [laughs] No, we've been on hiatus. I'm writing and [bassist] Justin [Chancellor]'s been writing, but [frontman] Maynard [James Keenan] has been working on his wine. We've all just been taking some time away from each other, which has been nice. I've also been working on producing some comics."

Let's hope we won't wait another five years for this album to arrive because I'm already anticipating it and expecting it to be released soon.

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah, thats one of the reasons I never really got into Tool. I can't wait like 5 to 6 years for a new album, and the length of the songs doesn't do it for me. Great band, good musicians, but I'm not really into a 11 minute song.

Alex101
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, thats one of the reasons I never really got into Tool. I can't wait like 5 to 6 years for a new album, and the length of the songs doesn't do it for me. Great band, good musicians, but I'm not really into a 11 minute song.
Yeah, I sure can't another 5 years for a new album either. 5 years is a very very long time.

Cbonham5
02-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Tool sucks, there, i said it. Lets put it into perspective, you are familiar with Rockband and Guitar hero right? the Tool setlist on GH: World tour is longer than the Endless Setlist on RB2...im exagerating but only by a little, thats the thing

Superdope
02-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Tool sucks, there, i said it. Lets put it into perspective, you are familiar with Rockband and Guitar hero right? the Tool setlist on GH: World tour is longer than the Endless Setlist on RB2...im exagerating but only by a little, thats the thing

Wow, you opened my eyes... they really do suck!

Alex101
02-11-2009, 08:24 AM

Wow, you opened my eyes... they really do suck!
What? No! They don't suck.

Superdope
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
What? No! They don't suck.

Alex... check my post again, but this time remember to turn your sarcasm-filter on

Cbonham5
02-12-2009, 07:14 AM
All of they're songs sound exactly the same and singer uses the same melody in every song...and it takes forever, if they shorten up the songs and add some diversity i'd be able to get into it, the talent is there but they aren't living up to their potential.

findout5
02-12-2009, 07:18 AM
All of they're songs sound exactly the same and singer uses the same melody in every song...and it takes forever, if they shorten up the songs and add some diversity i'd be able to get into it, the talent is there but they aren't living up to their potential.

a) You're a fucking idiot!
b) You know shit about music!

So,
If you don't like the band, don't post on threads about them!

Eat shit and die, kid!

bighead384
02-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I still haven't checked out that last Tool album 1000 Days or whatever it's called. I thought the singles "The Pot" and that other one that was the lead single, were pretty bland. That kind of turned me off from the album I guess.

bighead384
02-12-2009, 09:41 AM

Oh c'mon. That's what the internet is all about. Besides, you probably do it to.

findout5
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I really don't.
Just had the urge to diss Limp Bizkit in the thread about them, and I resisted!
I only post (sometimes to diss!) on threads about bands I like!

Thomas
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I still haven't checked out that last Tool album 1000 Days or whatever it's called. I thought the singles "The Pot" and that other one that was the lead single, were pretty bland. That kind of turned me off from the album I guess.

Get it. The rest of the songs are solid. I think the production was way better than their other albums, too. The whole thing behind Rosetta Stoned is amazingly well done.

Outerspaceman21
02-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I really liked their first album. My personal favorite was Sober. I liked the chorus and bass line.

Thomas
02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Undertow was a real good, raw version of Tool. I'm not sure if that's what I really like about them, though. I prefer their more recent clean sound. It lets me notice all the small details of their musicianship a bit more. Also, 46 & 2.

WebDudette
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Tool are an incredibly talented group of musicians and create some incredible songs. That said, I'm actually quite bored by them.

Outerspaceman21
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Undertow was a real good, raw version of Tool. I'm not sure if that's what I really like about them, though. I prefer their more recent clean sound. It lets me notice all the small details of their musicianship a bit more. Also, 46 & 2.

I heard Adam Jones listed as one of the new guitar gods of our age, along with John Mayer, John Frusciante, Jack White, Omar Rodríguez-López and many others.

Omni
02-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I sure can't another 5 years for a new album either. 5 years is a very very long time.

It takes that long to get through one of their songs.

Smash_Returns
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Tool is not fun for Rock Band style games.

That being said, I really like Tool.

It's called Progressive Metal. It's intentionally long, it builds up momentum. Some like it, others hate it.

Llamas
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
What's even more annoying than most of Tool's fanbase... are the idiots who feel a need to try to turn everyone off of Tool.

So, they suck because they're not fun in Rock Band/Guitar Hero? This is the worst argument I've ever heard.

This is not even remotely true. Go ahead and dislike Tool, that's fine. But if you're going to boast about it and try to give arguments for it, at least make sense. Same melody? No diversity? wtf?

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days/whatever that whole dual-part song is is FANTASTIC in every way. The Pot was meh. Vicarious was decent. But holy shit. I can listen to Wings for Marie/10,000 Days over and over again.

Anyway, I'd be stoked for a new album. I can handle their long periods between albums, because 1) their albums are strong enough to do that, and 2) Maynard has had some sweet side projects in between Tool albums. If they came out with an album this year, it'd have only been 3 years between albums.

Also, Lateralus is easily the band's best work.

bighead384
02-14-2009, 02:50 PM
That's just what I was thinking. I'm missing out on songs that are just as epic as Eulogy and The Grudge, and Lateralus. I gotta download that album soon.

Alex101
05-30-2009, 08:00 AM
You should get it, it's awesome. Actually, the album is called 10,000 Days.

narin1313
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
10,000 days is probably one of my favs. It is a must have

univonc
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
My wife says it as best as anyone:

"your taste is in your mouth"

Personally you can say the same about most bands. However there is always something special that a true enjoyer of music will be able to distinguish. I feel that way about RAP. the only thing RAP is missing is a preceeding "C".

I for one am more intrigued with the on stage antics of the band and the true mystique. That is why I am SO pumpede about seeing them this July, but I would NOT fly to Boston to see them. I would however do it for a band that plays about 17 songs in what I think is a short setlist, as i am with The Offspring.

I am excited for July 10, 2009.

Smash_Returns
06-02-2009, 04:42 PM
a) You're a fucking idiot!
b) You know shit about music!

So,

Eat shit and die, kid!

Yet you said what you did about a great band like Iron Maiden?

That being said, I love Tool, but you shouldn't be a hypocrite.

Alex101
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
10,000 days is probably one of my favs. It is a must have
In my opinion, it's actually a classic.

Smash_Returns
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd rank the Tool albums as follows:

1) Lateralus
2) Ćnima
3) 10,000 Days
-----------------------
4) Undertow

Everything above the line are classic albums. Everything below it is simply great.

Alex101
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd rank the Tool albums as follows:

1) Lateralus
2) Ćnima
3) 10,000 Days
-----------------------
4) Undertow

Everything above the line are classic albums. Everything below it is simply great.
Why do you consider Undertow a non-classic?

Smash_Returns
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Why do you consider Undertow a non-classic?

I just don't feel it has the "depth" that the later albums have. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing album, definitely worth buying, but I don't just toss around the term classic. When I say it, I mean it.

Alex101
12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Best news in a while:

Tool is back in the studio recording their new album!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166732

Alex101
12-02-2011, 07:16 AM
It looks like Tool is not recording a new album at all. The same link I shared yesterday now says that Volto!, drummer Danny Carey's current project, is actually the one that's recording new music.

ramprakav
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Ya it nice to here this Dude Alex