PDA

View Full Version : My Band: Set It Off!

TheGrenades
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.myspace.com/setitoffpunk

Check it out and let us know what you think! this is our first EP and we're working on more songs

Outerspaceman21
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
SET IT OFF FUCKING ROCKS

I SHOULD KNOW, I'VE JAMMED WITH THEM!!!

It's the ponce, dude.

ad8
02-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah, you guys are good. I imagine I would like your songs even more if the quality was better but it's ok. You really seem to be enjoying what you do and that's the most important part about it. I can imagine that you are really great live.
Btw, Too Much To Handle reminded me a bit of The Kids Aren't Alright.

Outerspaceman21
02-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah, you guys are good. I imagine I would like your songs even more if the quality was better but it's ok. You really seem to be enjoying what you do and that's the most important part about it. I can imagine that you are really great live.
Btw, Too Much To Handle reminded me a bit of The Kids Aren't Alright.

Yeah, it does sound like that, but what are you gonna do. They love the Offspring.

I remember the lead singer told me once that they were at a party and just played Too Much To handle and some drunk dude shouted "YEAH, THE OFFSPRING ROCK!!!"

ad8
02-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Yeah, it does sound like that, but what are you gonna do. They love the Offspring.

I remember the lead singer told me once that they were at a party and just played Too Much To handle and some drunk dude shouted "YEAH, THE OFFSPRING ROCK!!!"

lol. I wish I could play shows on parties with my band:D

randman21
02-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Nice. I usually don't go for the yelly punk vocals, but me likey! They totally work. The songs are nice and energetic, too. Thread starter, who are you in the band?

Rooster
02-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Me likes! And Too Much To Handle really reminds of The Kids Aren't Alright. But i see nothing wrong with that, Too Much To Handle is a great song, with a lot of potential.

randman21
02-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Also wanted to say, Tom Clark must be a popular name for musicians, including my cousin and the guy from The Enemy UK. Useless statement, I know.

TheGrenades
02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
thanks guys for the comments we appreciate the feedback i'm the bassist/singer with the more soft voice haha my voice is kinda high pitched, all the acoustics were recorded in a shed before our drummer moved into his house where he has a whole recording room set up now. when we record our new songs pssibly a full length with a couple existing ones its gonna be perfect quality, we all have regular day jobs and get together every friday night unless we have gigs and what not. also i recorded the songs with a jazz bass which i know regret now that I have a P Bass but that'll make the new recordings that much better.

metalmania
02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.myspace.com/setitoffpunk

Check it out and let us know what you think! this is our first EP and we're working on more songs
wow cool songs,rythims and drums re powerful except vocals;):)

Static_Martyr
02-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow. Kickass. You actually surprised me. There's a bit of an amateurish feel to it (like my band, I guess :D) that I just really like. It's like if Minor Threat and the Offspring had a beautiful crazy love child.

Adding you right now, just for the record.

Also, love the sound quality, especially the drums and the vox/harmonies.

TheGrenades
02-15-2009, 09:43 AM
haha thanks that is a huge compliment we added ya is your name tim? whats funny is we have about 4 new songs we're just itching to record that are actually better than the ones from that E.P. but we'll probably just turn it into a full length, but we have a christmas album to record first.... and the Ponce what up man! but thanks again for the feedback everyone

Outerspaceman21
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
haha thanks that is a huge compliment we added ya is your name tim? Whats funny is we have about 4 new songs we're just itching to record that are actually better than the ones from that e.p. But we'll probably just turn it into a full length, but we have a christmas album to record first.... And the ponce what up man! But thanks again for the feedback everyone

what up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Static_Martyr
02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Yah, my name is Tim~ And make sure to keep us posted :D

TheGrenades
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
an internet radio station Aiirradio.net has started playing our two songs on their station "Too Much To Handle" and "No Regrets" so hopefully we're going somewhere haha check out the station though cause it's a pretty cool independent music station for unsigned bands

Outerspaceman21
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
an internet radio station Aiirradio.net has started playing our two songs on their station "Too Much To Handle" and "No Regrets" so hopefully we're going somewhere haha check out the station though cause it's a pretty cool independent music station for unsigned bands

That would be pretty cool if you did go somewhere man. Maybe you'll get picked up by an indie label.

If I had a choice, I would go with Fat Wreck Chords.

Stay away from Epitaph.