PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms banned in the Netherlands

JoY
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
thanks to you retarded tourists, who managed to make the news with a Darwin Award-deserving death, or an incident that might've well ended up in one, involving mushrooms, shrooms are being banned in the Netherlands. now all what will be left on the market, will be low-quality, home-grown shit without a manual & users advice. shrooms will be cropped together in the shady market of cocaine & XTC. brilliant. thanks a shitload. France, Iceland (also for your marvellous banking), Denmark, England & the rest of you.

the most retarded part of it all, is that it's been proven a fact, that these people only mentioned shrooms as intoxication, because that's the only substance they took that is legal. what's ironic about the whole deal, is that those who didn't take any illegal substances on the side, failed to follow the manual, which is only provided, when shrooms are bought in a quality store.

Outerspaceman21
02-17-2009, 02:12 PM
That sucks.

Rutegard
02-17-2009, 02:12 PM
oh man, sorry to hear about that. that sucks :(

wheelchairman
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
And I never got to try them while in Holland. Blast!

Offspring-Junkie
02-20-2009, 06:14 AM
You guys mean magic mushroom, not mushrooms in general, right? Those were legal in the Netherlands?

ad8
02-20-2009, 06:16 AM
But weed is still legal, isn't it?:D

MasteR GunneR
02-20-2009, 07:13 AM
But weed is still legal, isn't it? :D
as far as I know it's not legal but tolerated.

Rutegard
02-20-2009, 07:37 AM
tolerate is such a bad word.... :P

well, seriously, i wish i could be in your shoes, JoY!

wheelchairman
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
You wish you could be unhappy that they are criminalizing shrooms?

Rutegard
02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
You wish you could be unhappy that they are criminalizing shrooms?

no, i wish i could ever say something like that, meaning, that for at least some period of time, they were legally available.

bighead384
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
The worst few hours of my life were spent on shrooms. But possibly the coolest few hours of my life were spent on shrooms as well.

Good trip= Heaven. Bad trip= Hell.

sKratch
02-21-2009, 08:33 AM
And the red light district is disappearing too, isn't it?

JoY
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
And I never got to try them while in Holland. Blast!

thank god, or you'd probably be in that list of tourists going bazerk on the things. ;p

You guys mean magic mushroom, not mushrooms in general, right? Those were legal in the Netherlands?

no, I don't mean the kind you cook with.

but that rises a good point I just don't get about this whole deal; shrooms are a product of nature, mushrooms you cook with as much as magic mushrooms. how are you supposed to criminalise a product of nature, a freaking fungus that regularly grows under normal conditions of humidity? besides reasons concerning pure logic (I mean, laws against kinds of fungus sound rather unnatural to me), I doubt it's even possible.

as far as I know it's not legal but tolerated.

tolerated, yes, condoned would be a better term.

no, i wish i could ever say something like that, meaning, that for at least some period of time, they were legally available.

yeah, well, I do feel blessed in that aspect. I mean, I've never tried shrooms for my own reasons, which I had the chance to consider & think out for myself. the fact they were legal just made them less exciting to me, than they probably are to tourists, for who shrooms are this superspecial thing that's usually illegal.

it was a choice, a decision, that wasn't forced on me. I never felt the need to try them out, so I never did. aside from that, I hate to fuck with my own head, like my world of thoughts... it's not my kind of thing, I don't feel attracted to the whole phenomenon, so I consciously chose to leave shrooms for what they are. of course, when I knew someone who'd tried them, I'd ask what they are like & hear exciting stories.. it's not like I'm not curious about what they do & stuff, I just wasn't curious enough to actually try them myself. I'm still not, but I think others who are should have the right to try for themselves what shrooms are like.

The worst few hours of my life were spent on shrooms. But possibly the coolest few hours of my life were spent on shrooms as well.

Good trip= Heaven. Bad trip= Hell.

ohhh yes, I've heard baaad stories about bad trips. you've got to know, though, if you experience a bad trip, you just got to eat a couple of cubes of sugar & you'll be fine again within minutes. that's why you're not supposed to eat before doing shrooms; the effect is way less, when your bloodsugar's high. that's the kind of advice they give in shops. you don't get that in the streets, when a guy hisses at you; "heeey, want to try some coke or shrooms??"

And the red light district is disappearing too, isn't it?

I think they're just drastically cleaning it up. but there are issues with it.

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 09:38 AM
ya know what JoY? i missed your posts! - and i agree with you, and i think you are doing the right thing. as a doc, you should set the example (but on the other hand, who would know? right? :P). behave!

JoY
02-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't know about the whole setting the right example-thing. I smoke, I drink, probably too much of both... but even if I lived a life that'd make me as healthy as a fish, the ambition to become a doc never had anything to do with myself, helping myself, or being healthy myself. just fulfilling a need that I have to help those who ask for help. even that's egocentric in a way, since it's a need I feel.

right now, unhealthy things I do don't force me in a position that I need medical help & don't give me reasons to ask for medical help. but it's not impossible that they ever will. & when another person does, need help/ask for help, then there's obviously a problem disturbing normal functioning. that's when I want to come in, that's what I want to do, provide that help. maybe one day I'll be a patient myself, but to be honest, I've been a patient many times & I'm still the same person. being a patient & being a doctor aren't opposites & it isn't contradictory. doctors can be patients too, they're only human. that doesn't mean they can't help other people.

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 02:54 AM
doctors can be patients too, they're only human. that doesn't mean they can't help other people.

oh jeezzz....relax girl!

but i must confess, it creeps me out watching doctors smoking. and it's not quiet about the setting the example thing (i'm that type of annoying person that questions everything doctors say and just follow what they say when they show me they are right - ya know? i just don't follow them blindfolded 'cause they wear a white coat!), so i couldn't care less about the example, but there's something, deep inside, that upsets me. maybe 'cause i know that they know, ya know? :P

it must be that! i'm not sure anymore. not that i really care either, it's not everyday i see a doctor smoking. still, i wonder how you live with that, don't you feel a lil bit of a cognitive dissonance? i'm just saying...eventually i would feel it...

JoY
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
*raises eyebrow* I was totally superrelaxed. what made you think I wasn't?

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 03:32 AM
*raises eyebrow* I was totally superrelaxed. what made you think I wasn't?

you started to defend your point of view as if i had to throw you a rock or something....but nice to know you were cool :)

JoY
02-26-2009, 04:08 AM
I guess it's typical case of "c'est le ton qui fait la musique" & you read my tone wrong, because I'm not irritated or mad at all. but you can imagine, as a med student who smokes, I do get a lot of bullshit from people, saying I should set the right example. my standard reply is that I'm human before anything else (in terms of med student, doctor, patient) & have just as much right to make the wrong decisions as the next person. ;]

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 04:18 AM
have just as much right to make the wrong decisions as the next person. ;]

yes you do have! i fucking agree with that! :) that's not the prob here, i mentioned the example thing 'cause, well, not sure about there, but here, there is this...hummm...how shall i say it? an exagerated worthship towards doctors, specially, in those small isolated villages, ya know? those persons take very seriously what doctors preach and do. in that case, i think it's important to be aware of the real importance one doctor can actually have. not sure if you ever felt this way, but, it happens and it might happen to you, hope not, 'cause it's just too stressfull!

but generally, like i told you, i don't give a crap about what they do. however, the only thing that intrigue me, is the cognitive dissonance. i seriously think it's horrible to live with that. i couldn't myself. i already experienced it and didn't like it. but apparently, you can live just fine right?

JoY
02-26-2009, 04:41 AM
actually, I'd really like to quit smoking. better yet, I wish I hadn't started in the first place. not to set an example, or give off a knowledgable/wise/sensible image, but just for myself.

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 04:44 AM
actually, I'd really like to quit smoking. better yet, I wish I hadn't started in the first place. not to set an example, or give off a knowledgable/wise/sensible image, but just for myself.

yeah, it sounds better to me now, THAT i understand :P

you will get it done, later on! so, don't worry.

edit: how old were you when you started? if i may know...

JoY
02-26-2009, 04:50 AM
I was 17/18, I think it was somewhere around the time of my 18th birthday. probably just before I turned 18. anyway, I knew better at that age. just a couple of things had happened that made me not care about it anymore.

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 04:56 AM
I was 17/18, I think it was somewhere around the time of my 18th birthday. probably just before I turned 18. anyway, I knew better at that age. just a couple of things had happened that made me not care about it anymore.

you just smoke normal cigarettes?

dude, you were young! shit happens when we are young. we are still young, tho.

edit: lol guess not...