PDA

View Full Version : No Brakes Band

chriiis
02-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Hi guys, We are No Brakes from Argentina, for the moment we playing The Offspring covers.
You can listen 3 songs (Come out and play, Self esteem and Defy you) on the next website:
http://www.purevolume.com/nobrakesband

Hope you enjoy it ;D

Ill.be.waiting.
02-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Hi guys, We are No Brakes from Argentina, for the moment we playing The Offspring covers.
You can listen 3 songs (Come out and play, Self esteem and Defy you) on the next website:
http://www.purevolume.com/nobrakesband

Hope you enjoy it ;D

I mistaked in some lyrics :(
sorry you guys xD. Next time it's going to be better.
enjoy.

ad8
02-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Well, the instrumental stuff sounds 100% Offspring. If you guys would replace noodles, pete and greg at a concert, no one could notice a change in sound I guess. Good job! A female singer is of course not very offspring-ish, but she's doing a very good job.

Free?
02-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, the instrumental stuff sounds 100% Offspring. If you guys would replace noodles, pete and greg at a concert, no one could notice a change in sound I guess. Good job! A female singer is of course not very offspring-ish, but she's doing a very good job.

You shouldn't have said this, now I was focused on how accurate instrumentals are and they weren't even close to how you described them :).

Anyways, the covers weren't THAT bad, in fact, I even liked them. The vocals had some 50's song touch (like Marilyn Monroe), which gave the covers a little spice.
^My opinion.

dff_punk
02-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Wow, I agree with Free, I really enjoyed these Offspring covers with female vocals, your voice sounds really powerful to me :) I liked Self Esteem the most, perhaps.

...and when are you gonna try to play some faster Offspring ones? :p You can do it!

igniton/pyro
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
ugh... god that was terrible.

Ill.be.waiting.
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
You shouldn't have said this, now I was focused on how accurate instrumentals are and they weren't even close to how you described them.

Anyways, the covers weren't THAT bad, in fact, I even liked them. The vocals had some 50's song touch (like Marilyn Monroe), which gave the covers a little spice.
^My opinion.

hahah i have a marilyn monroe's voice? :P wow (?). Yeah i don't know, i have to practice more :)

Wow, I agree with Free, I really enjoyed these Offspring covers with female vocals, your voice sounds really powerful to me I liked Self Esteem the most, perhaps.

...and when are you gonna try to play some faster Offspring ones? :p You can do it!

we do a lot of covers, but right now that's what we've got recorded...
great you like them :)

ugh... god that was terrible.

I don't mind people to criticize but without an explanation...i can't take it serious sorry :P

Free?
02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Nono, your voice isn't similar to Marylin's. You sing at certain places in a 50's manner.

I wrote her off for the tenth time todaaay
And practiced all the things I would saay
But she came over I lost my nerve
I took her back and made her dessert
Now I know I‘m being used
That‘s okay man cause I like the abuse
I know she‘s playing with meea
That‘s okay cause I‘ve got no self esteem
But that‘s kind of hard when she‘s ready to go
I may be dumb I‘m not a dweeb
I‘m just a sucker with no self esteeeam

Same thin in Come Out And Play.

Like the latest fashioan
Like a spreading disease
The kids are strappin‘ on their way to the classroom
Getting weapons with the greatest of ease
The gangs stake their own campus locale
And if they catch you slippin‘ then it‘s all over pal
If one guy’s colors and the other’s don‘t mix
They‘re gonna bash it up
Hey – man you talkin‘ back to meea?
Take him out
You gotta keep ‘em separated
Hey – man you disrespecting meea?

and so. It's like you end up every line with such thing. Didn't you notice that?

Ill.be.waiting.
02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Nono, your voice isn't similar to Marylin's. You sing at certain places in a 50's manner.

I wrote her off for the tenth time todaaay
And practiced all the things I would saay
But she came over I lost my nerve
I took her back and made her dessert
Now I know I‘m being used
That‘s okay man cause I like the abuse
I know she‘s playing with meea
That‘s okay cause I‘ve got no self esteem
But that‘s kind of hard when she‘s ready to go
I may be dumb I‘m not a dweeb
I‘m just a sucker with no self esteeeam

Same thin in Come Out And Play.

Like the latest fashioan
Like a spreading disease
The kids are strappin‘ on their way to the classroom
Getting weapons with the greatest of ease
The gangs stake their own campus locale
And if they catch you slippin‘ then it‘s all over pal
If one guy’s colors and the other’s don‘t mix
They‘re gonna bash it up
Hey – man you talkin‘ back to meea?
Take him out
You gotta keep ‘em separated
Hey – man you disrespecting meea?

and so. It's like you end up every line with such thing. Didn't you notice that?

yeahh xD. I do it too much sometimes...i think it's ok doing it in some parts, but not all the song. haha you took your time to listen and write in the lyric :P. i think i have to work on that, not to do it so much...

Free?
02-19-2009, 12:10 PM
yeahh xD. I do it too much sometimes...i think it's ok doing it in some parts, but not all the song. haha you took your time to listen and write in the lyric :P. i think i have to work on that, not to do it so much...

Duh. I didn't say it was bad, it was something different from original, I just mentioned it!

Ill.be.waiting.
02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Duh. I didn't say it was bad, it was something different from original, I just mentioned it!

ohh sorry :P is that a friend too said that to me, and said that i had to do it less than i do :P.
thanks anyway :P.