There For Tomorrow
Therefore I Am
Thrice
TV/TV
Underoath
Valencia
Westbound Train

http://www.warpedtour.com/warpedtour/bands.asp

Don't get too excited though. A lot of bands don't play every date on the tour. Anyway, who are you looking forward to seeing?

jacknife737
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
The 2009 one, is probably the best its been in years, although that isn't saying much.

These are the bands that would interest me.

Alexisonfire
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Big D and the Kids Table
Flogging Molly
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Streetlight Manifesto

I'm a lot more excited about this tour* Rise Against/ Rancid/ Billy Talent. They're playing massive venues, which is lame, but i'd probably have more fun here. It's going to depend on how much tickets cost to see which ones i go to.

http://www.punknews.org/article/32429

Outerspaceman21
02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, all those bands suck. I only like 6 or 7 bands (Namely Nofx, Bad Religion, Anti Flag, The Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, Less Then Jake).

I won't go. Too emo orientated. I'll end up killing one of two of them by the end of the day, and I don't feel like going to jail, however I think I can plead this case.

http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/84/
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/85/
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/86/

Plus, I don't want to have to listen to all those crappy bands just to hear Bad Religion and The Bouncing Souls.

WebDudette
02-20-2009, 07:27 PM
3OH3!, Millionaires, Brokencyde, Jeffree Star oh god. I'm willing to bet some of those other bands are similar to these ones. Anyway, I probably won't go. If for some reason I do I'll probably see Streetlight, Gallows, Flogging Molly and... yeah I'm not going.

bighead384
02-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, all those bands suck. I only like 6 or 7 bands (Namely Nofx, Bad Religion, Anti Flag, The Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, Less Then Jake).

I won't go. Too emo orientated. I'll end up killing one of two of them by the end of the day, and I don't feel like going to jail, however I think I can plead this case.

http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/84/
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/85/
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/86/

Plus, I don't want to have to listen to all those crappy bands just to hear Bad Religion and The Bouncing Souls.

No offense, but your logic is pretty foolish. It's not like you have to join the crowd and listen when an emo band is playing. You can just go somewhere else. It's a big, open area. Besides, it seems like you like a handful of bands that are playing. 6 or 7 bands for 40 bucks is a good deal. That's the way I look at it.

coke_a_holic
02-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Um, I would pretty much only see Dear And The Headlights. Flogging Molly probably puts on a great show, though.

Jeffree Starr probably puts on an even better one.

So I guess those three bands, then.

Outerspaceman21
02-20-2009, 08:39 PM
No offense, but your logic is pretty foolish. It's not like you have to join the crowd and listen when an emo band is playing. You can just go somewhere else. It's a big, open area. Besides, it seems like you like a handful of bands that are playing. 6 or 7 bands for 40 bucks is a good deal. That's the way I look at it.

Naw, I can't afford it. I don't have a job. Thats why I am not going. I am not wasting my money on anything that is unnecessary at the time being. PLUS, I just don't feel like it. Thats a new level of lazy.

RonWelty
02-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Too bad I can't go! I went to Warped 2005 and 2007 and even if I just like very few bands its always a good day. Nice band list by the way!

Alex101
02-21-2009, 08:08 AM
This will be the sixth year I've attended any Warped Tour date. One of the Warped tour dates for this year I'm seeing is the Bad Religion date in San Francisco on the 27th of June.

nieh
02-21-2009, 08:21 AM
If I were to go, I'd see Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake and P.O.S. (I love his new album). LTJ are lots of fun live even though I haven't listened to any of their albums since high school. I heard of Attack Attack and they seem like they might be interesting (they supposedly mix stuff like post-hardcore and black metal influence with things like trance) but I haven't actually heard any of their songs yet so I dunno if they're actually any good at it.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
02-21-2009, 08:23 AM
not bad...is that band "Hit The Lights" some kinda Metallica-coverband?

nieh
02-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I heard of Attack Attack and they seem like they might be interesting (they supposedly mix stuff like post-hardcore and black metal influence with things like trance) but I haven't actually heard any of their songs yet so I dunno if they're actually any good at it.

Yeah, I'd be skipping them.

bighead384
02-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Bad Religion
Anti-Flag
Bouncing Souls
Big D
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Saosin

There's a few others that I wouldn't mind seeing either. And I usually hear at least one new band I like. I'm totally looking forward to it.

zsk
02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
3OH!3
A Day to Remember
A Skylit Drive
Alexisonfire
Anti-Flag
Attack Attack
Bad Religion
Bayside
Big D and the Kids Table
Black Tide
Bouncing Souls
Breathe Carolina
Brokencyde
Cash Cash
Chiodos
Dance Gavin Dance
Dear and the Headlights
Dirty Heads
Escape the Fate
Every Avenue
Flogging Molly
Forever The Sickest Kids
Gallows
Hit the Lights
I Set My Friends on Fire
In This Moment
Jeffree Star
Less Than Jake
Lights
Longway
LoveHateHero
Madina Lake
Meg & Dia
Millionaires
NOFX
Outernational
P.O.S.
Saosin
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Senses Fail
Shad
Silverstein
Sing it Loud
Streetlight Manifesto
Tat
The A.K.A.s
The Architects
The Ataris
The Devil Wears Prada
The Maine
The White Tie Affair
There For Tomorrow
Therefore I Am
Thrice
TV/TV
Underoath
Valencia
Westbound Train

http://www.warpedtour.com/warpedtour/bands.asp

Don't get too excited though. A lot of bands don't play every date on the tour. Anyway, who are you looking forward to seeing?

i miss The Offspring in this list :(

Outerspaceman21
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
i miss The Offspring in this list :(

I think they only did it one year. I remember seeing a video where Avenged Sevenfold and My Chemical Romance was talking about hanging with Noodles.

Outerspaceman21
02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
I think they only did it one year. I remember seeing a video where Avenged Sevenfold and My Chemical Romance was talking about hanging with Noodles.

I found this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjl1nufYkus

Noodles likes MCR

Outerspaceman21
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
YAHA, I found it on youtube.

At 30 seconds, AV7 talks about flying with Dextar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRoFKKV4Mk

cool 2 hate 681
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM
anyone know when venue's will be announced? i was also wondering if bad religion are playing the entire tour?

Little_Miss_1565
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Brokencyde?! SRSLY?!

WebDudette
02-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Millionaires are the same thing as brokencyde except with girls instead of guys.

Llamas
02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I went in 2002 and 2003. Then I lost interest... I can't believe it's $40 now!!! Damn.

If I happened to be there, I'd go see these bands.

Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Big D and the Kids Table
Bouncing Souls
Flogging Molly
Less Than Jake
NOFX
Senses Fail
Streetlight Manifesto
The Ataris
Thrice

The only one I'd actually go TO see is Streetlight. And maybe Flogging Molly.

bighead384
02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I was SO close to finally seeing The Offspring at Warped Tour a few years ago. My friend's girlfriend knew some kid that said he would meet us at the gates and get us in. He he had some kind of connections. We drove 2 hours to get there, and the kid never fucking showed up. And the whole car ride there I'm like "YES, I'm FINALLY gonna see The Offspring!" It sucked so bad.

Especially since their set lists for Warped Tour sounded so cool. Dexter wrote about how they learned every single song they have for the tour, and threw two random old school songs into each set. Now when I finally get to see them, it'll be a boring, predictable set-list full of nothing but concert staples.

What ridiculous irony. I'd love to hear about 90% of this band's songs live. But out of an 17-18 song set list, I'll end up hear at least 5 or 6 of the few songs I DON'T want to hear live.

Outerspaceman21
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I was SO close to finally seeing The Offspring at Warped Tour a few years ago. My friend's girlfriend knew some kid that said he would meet us at the gates and get us in. He he had some kind of connections. We drove 2 hours to get there, and the kid never fucking showed up. And the whole car ride there I'm like "YES, I'm FINALLY gonna see The Offspring!" It sucked so bad.

Dude, that sucks. I would have punched the guy in the face for never showing up.

jacknife737
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Why didn't you just buy a ticket then? I mean you drove all that way?

bighead384
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Dude, that sucks. I would have punched the guy in the face for never showing up.

Yeah, I wish. Come to think of it, it might have been like 3 hours that we drove (I don't even remember where it was). To make up for it, a friend that I was with robbed a car. All that did was make me feel guilty. So that day was pretty fucking terrible.

Why didn't you just buy a ticket then? I mean you drove all that way?

I forget how it went down, but I'm pretty sure the group decided that it wouldn't be worth it. Or maybe the tickets were sold out. Or maybe some of us wanted to pay for tickets (like me!) but others didn't, or didn't have the money, so we couldn't just leave them waiting outside the gates. It's hard to remember things when that "I almost fucking saw The Offspring" anger clouds your mind.

To make things more annoying, The Offspring skipped the venue in Philadelphia that I go to every year. Me and my friends got into that one with the "free passes" we make and laminate every year. The only reason I agreed to come along for a 3 hour ride was cause I thought I was seein' The Offspring.

bighead384
02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
When it comes to pop punk, the same few bands keep playing the tour the past 5 or 6 years. Pennywise, Nofx, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Bouncing Souls. Ugh, it annoys me.

I wish I was a ska fan. Seems like this year's tour has "the big three" of ska more or less.

Outerspaceman21
02-23-2009, 11:53 AM
When it comes to pop punk, the same few bands keep playing the tour the past 5 or 6 years. Pennywise, Nofx, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Bouncing Souls. Ugh, it annoys me.

I wish I was a ska fan. Seems like this year's tour has "the big three" of ska more or less.

Big three?

I don't see the Voodoo Glow Skulls or the Mighty Mighty Bosstones anywhere on that list.

Thats just my opinion, though.

jacknife737
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I wish they'd simply get rid of the whole thing. I'd rather see lots of those bands play their own tours. At a club show i don't get covered in dust, sun burned and I can drink beer that isn't ridiculously overpriced.

Outerspaceman21
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I wish they'd simply get rid of the whole thing. I'd rather see lots of those bands play their own tours. At a club show i don't get covered in dust, sun burned and I can drink beer that isn't ridiculously overpriced.

Venues don't give free booze anymore...

YOU'D SELL MORE TICKET, DAMMIT!