PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Mode

bighead384
02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I've noticed that certain members have chosen Invisible Mode (the option allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists). Why? What is your motivation in doing this? What are the benefits?

randman21
02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I've been utilizing Stealth Mode for quite a while now. I basically use it as a way to ignore people without having to explain myself. It also spares feelings. If someone sends you a VM/PM because they see you're online, and after multiple posts and hours of activity, you never reply, they might be offended.This way, they never know the difference.

Bipolar Bear
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
I always forget to log out, and it says I'm logged in hours after I stop posting. Also, it gives you some sort of advantage.
You can't see me but I can see you, bwahaha :cool:

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/movies/m/mr_deeds/thumbnails/tn2_mr_deeds_2.jpg
"Very sneaky, sir"

bighead384
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
As long as you can admit it. I'll bet some people have it turned on, but they won't admit it's so they can be sneaky.;)

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
If someone sends you a VM/PM because they see you're online, and after multiple posts and hours of activity, you never reply, they might be offended.This way, they never know the difference.

Randy, I know what you mean here, but we can still see you when you post and then if you get the VM/PM from us and don't respond, we know that you are ignoring us ;) So, we do know the difference.

I have seriously never seen the point and can't really understand why ppl use it.

drummerbecca
02-24-2009, 11:12 AM
http://upload.moldova.org/movie/movies/m/mr_deeds/thumbnails/tn2_mr_deeds_2.jpg
"Very sneaky, sir"

Lol! I love that film! Sorry, back on topic - um, I use it on other forums I'm on but I really have no idea why. The only time it really serves a purpose is if you're only quickly checking the site and not posting, that way people don't know you're online. I don't actually ever check to see who is online anyway when I come on here :p

Rutegard
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I've been utilizing Stealth Mode for quite a while now. I basically use it as a way to ignore people without having to explain myself. It also spares feelings. If someone sends you a VM/PM because they see you're online, and after multiple posts and hours of activity, you never reply, they might be offended.This way, they never know the difference.

i dunno dude, i post VM/PM not really caring if the person is on/offline!

randman21
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
i dunno dude, i post VM/PM not really caring if the person is on/offline!
Haha, same here. Some people do, though. And for the record, you and Blitzkrieg Bop are not part of the group I ignore.

_Lost_
02-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I just don't like the feeling of being watched all that time. lol

I'm on invisible on most things: facebook, myspace, and fairly often I go invisible on IM. I just prefer it that way.

bighead384
02-24-2009, 06:32 PM
They should design so if people can't see your status, you're not allowed to see anyone else's status!

_Lost_
02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Why does invisible bother you so much?

Its not like I can get away with anything particularly devious while on invisible. The mods can still see me and what I'm up to.

bighead384
02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Why does invisible bother you so much?

Its not like I can get away with anything particularly devious while on invisible. The mods can still see me and what I'm up to.

You should be banned for going into invisible mode!

WebDudette
02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
They should design so if people can't see your status, you're not allowed to see anyone else's status!

...why would that ever happen?

_Lost_
02-24-2009, 07:00 PM
If only I had the power to create my own ban rules.

bighead384
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
If only I had the power to create my own ban rules.

I'll create my own rules first...and ban YOU. For being in invisible mode.

disclaimer_07
02-25-2009, 02:23 AM
I think it's all good, at least people can't see your current activity.

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 03:23 AM
I think it's all good, at least people can't see your current activity.

exactly, if u have any suspicious, check the currect activity! and u catch them all!! :PP

edit: what's the prob with knowing whut u r doing?...

Blitzkrieg Bop
02-25-2009, 03:40 AM
And for the record, you and Blitzkrieg Bop are not part of the group I ignore.

I am not entirely sure about this statement :D

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 04:02 AM
I am not entirely sure about this statement :D

me neither, he is just trying to wash his hands off now...too late partner, too late :P

dr.vanessa
02-25-2009, 07:07 AM
i use it many times..especially when i have to study on my laptop(i mostly study there) or i am generally busy so i don't want others to see i'm online cause i'm not on the forums all of the time that i seem to be and there might be a misunderstanding.

bighead384
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
When Dexter was online yesterday, the whole time, his status was "viewing general offspring discussion". It didn't say what thread he was looking at. I wonder if he has some sort of special invisible mode that only shows what forum he's at. And of course, I was bashing their set lists in GOD when Dexter was online yesterday.:o

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
When Dexter was online yesterday, the whole time, his status was "viewing general offspring discussion". It didn't say what thread he was looking at. I wonder if he has some sort of special invisible mode that only shows what forum he's at. And of course, I was bashing their set lists in GOD when Dexter was online yesterday.:o

no, i saw he visited the one fine day vocals thread and another one, i just cant remember which one, but it was another one in the main page.

Little_Miss_1565
02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
And of course, I was bashing their set lists in GOD when Dexter was online yesterday.:o

There's a reason I keep asking people to play nice. :)

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I was bashing their set lists in GOD when Dexter was online yesterday.:o

shame on you :P

Flux
03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I've noticed that certain members have chosen Invisible Mode (the option allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists). Why? What is your motivation in doing this? What are the benefits?

I am..... indistinguishable. That's why.